Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Since its as an 80s style game Scott wanted to have that look and originally he had no plan to even use the LCD for game play. But some of us convinced him to have both.

Make an LE without the LCD for us SS fanatics. We can hook up a laptop for the menus.

It really looked and sounded great.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Oops. I read your post backwards. Sorry about that.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

no problem. I just really like the idea of someone making a modern pin with segment displays.

If he took away the LCD he would have to make sure the callouts, inserts and art were informative enough for the player.

4 weeks later
#422 2 years ago

I want this game.

#462 2 years ago

I like drop targets as much as the next person but they don't necessarily make it better. Stand ups are perfectly fine but this is coming from a Bally 6803 fan and a lot of those were built with stand ups.

Shaker is also blah in my opinion. If it's in there great, if it isn't great. I think some of us have forgotten this is supposed to be a throwback 80s style game.

The only addition I would suggest is maybe a headphone jack. Maybe some holograms and a disco ball too.

2 weeks later
#664 2 years ago

I thought Total Annihilation fit the 80s theme pretty good. It sounded like an 80s hair band.

Ok. I approve.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This might be a clue as to the art direction.

I hope it's like Laser War. Maybe get Charlie dressed up like a Ruskie or some other outlandish 80s villain.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Spooky is making a new cabinet for this game they had a sample at mgc , Scott will work with that sample and see what changes will need to be made for his game .

What's the difference? Is it not a steep as Spooky's current cab for a single level game?

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Leave it to Spooky to show Stern the market exists for an early 80's-like game with simpler rules and gameplay, but with modern touches.
...queue the classic Stern "vault-editions" once this baby becomes a roaring success.

Boy I hope so.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Catacomb Vault Edition

Stars CrazyLevi edition

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yeah, but the rules and game play are far from simple. It just appears that way.

They didn't look any different from many games of that era.

Do this and that in a certain order and get rewarded. Now do it again.

Games like Centaur and Gorgar are similar to this I feel with many objectives to complete.

The toughness and longevity comes from the playfield layout.

#713 2 years ago

I hope they emphasize the TnA on the backglass. The letters not the...well...nevermind.

1 week later
#828 2 years ago

I like that you do the same thing over and over. If Scott wanted he could differentiate the reactors with callouts or more pulsing music. AFM does that with the flying saucer.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would be cool if progress to each 'different' reactor is non-linear

I would actually prefer a linear experience. As you progress further into the reactors the music becomes more frantic and pulsing like Gorgar does with the heartbeat. Is that Gorgar?

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think there is a way to do both of the things we are looking for?
i.e. a way to make it so you can explore stages of recactors in a non linear fashion (i.e get a more novel experience each play) but still use sound effects, callouts, music, blending of it all to increase the hype and intensity.
In a somewhat similar way that LOTR uses an increase in volume and fx as you progress in a game to draw you in to the movie experience.

Well he could name the reactors and give them each singular call outs like AFM does with Saucers but I would prefer more obscurity. It would feel more 80s to me like Pac-Man's variety of 255 screens.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice anchor on the corner of the bed there.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

There would have been issues. "Atari" in its current form exists solely as an IP troll, looking for people to sue as it's primary revenue stream. For example, just last year they decided any game set in a haunted house owes them licensing fees.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/atari-still-exists-thinks-no-one-else-can-make-a-haunted-house-game/

And of course Aurich shows up in the comments to mention Gottlieb's Haunted House.

#853 2 years ago

I thought maybe it was saluting.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It still made me happy to see that big Atari logo in the new Bladerunner trailer .

I haven't seen that but I don't have a lot of confidence in that movie.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Trailer looks good actually, I'm cautiously optimistic.

No question I'll watch it but as a mild fan of the first and given Ridley's track record lately, I have my doubts.

#937 2 years ago

Yeah I was hoping for more 80s look. The girl seems from another time.

I just discovered this movie poster and think it perfectly encapsulates early 80s fashion.

IMG_0585 (resized).JPG

Scott will do what he want and that's cool. I guess I was thinking more Double Dragon and Max Headroom. Can't wait to see the finished game.

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah I was hoping for more 80s look. The girl seems from another time.

Quoted from Frax:

I really don't get the comments that the female character looks like she's from another time...
THAT'S THE ENTIRE...GAWDDAMN...STORYLINE, PEOPLE. YOU TRAVEL ONE-WAY IN TIME TO BLOW UP THE REACTORS. >_<;;;

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The storyline, artwork, final animations, music, and gameplay will all be retro-futuristic, meaning what someone from the 80's thought the far future was going to look like.

Futuristic movies or shows from the 80s: Blade Runner, Akira, The Running Man, Max Headroom, Robocop, Aliens, Tron

The way people dressed and styled their hair still was very much rooted in the 80s in these depictions of the future.

I don't see much of a problem with the rest of the art in the background. It's neon pink, purple and teal which somehow became the universal colors for the 80s. Maybe some people didn't expect any human representation on the game and the girl surprised them.

We have a discussion on the art because that's one thing the internet and pinside is for. To discuss our opinions with others. Very rarely our discussions influence final decisions and that's great. But if it doesn't, that's OK too. No reason to get all defensive about it. (This is not directed at Scott. I appreciate his response on here.)

#1064 2 years ago

It's sad that the constructive criticisms of the art might get lost with a couple people's unexplained problems with an icky girl on the backglass.

Oh well. I can't wait for the finished game.

#1067 2 years ago

Maybe the girl needs some face paint to make her look more 80s.

Does she have a name?

IMG_0588 (resized).JPG

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I hope they go full Bally and put that purp/pink ball swoosh design on the side with just the word DANESI.

When they said it would have the LED displays below the translite, that's what I was imagining. I'm a full on 6803 nerd. I wish they would get rid of the screen and just put alphanumeric displays in it. Cab art in that style WOULD BE AWESOME.

If they get rid of the displays, I may have to reluctantly say no to this pin.

2 weeks later
#1185 2 years ago

Any new info?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside