Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 87 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2503 2 years ago

The excitement during the stream was intense (as well as the soundtrack). I'll admit it, I drank the Kool aid. I'm in on the early part of Batch #4.

#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They're always gonna have fun on streamed events and in no way shape form going to dog a game they were brought in to advertise. But there was an elevated sense of excitement in the room, chat, and home observing when TNA was being played compared to other past DF streams of other new pins.

I agree, but this one seemed different. The way the orders were coming in was pretty crazy. The whole "family" atmosphere. And when I called to order (was lucky #5 to get free shaker) I could hear all the excitement in background. I had to wait 20 minutes to talk because they were getting so many calls. So, not just Jack Danger, but the whole "event" is what really got me excited. And I have never ordered without playing, but it looks fantastic and I have not heard one negative...except maybe the art which I love, personally.

#2514 2 years ago

Oops, quoted the wrong comment, but hopefully my point gets through. It's late...lol.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Interior cabinet graphics: Yes or No? Are there any hi-res photos of the playfield with and without? That'll help me greatly. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on TNA

Email Kt@spookypinball.com and she'll send you images of side art and cost ($50 I think). Didn't really add enough for me to pull the trigger on that one. But I'm in on it with shaker. According to the Danger stream the shaker activates with the spinner. Seems cool.

#2607 2 years ago

Better yet, here are the interior cabinet graphics.

Int_Panels (resized).jpg

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres nothing there ? Edit... i see it now... like wood grain pattern?

Not wood grain. Looks more like circuit board pattern to me. This was the image sent from Spooky in their email specifically showing the option. I agree, not the best picture. Would be better with more light.

#2616 2 years ago

Looking at the stream, the side art does compliment the game. I'm contemplating the upgrade...once again.

#2782 2 years ago

No, $5,995 is for the game, you pay for shipping if buy direct from Spooky. Can't say how it works with distributors, would have to check with them for any deal on shipping.

1 week later
#2966 2 years ago

Plastic protectors...worth it? I have never placed them on my games except to protect Arwin on LOTR. Necessary on TNA for HUO?

#2974 2 years ago

I think I have been convinced. Especially since only $35. Also would love the Danesi signature...if that's possible.

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm 169 and was told early 2018.

I hope VERY early 2018....I can't take the wait!

#3095 2 years ago

I put a deposit down without buying as well. I'll admit...I got caught up in the hype. At times I am nervous about it. But I've watched the streams of both whitewood and proto many times so I think I have a good feel on the game. I need a game with shorter ball times in my collection so this will fit nicely. The encouraging part is that it seems to be pretty well liked by all types of players (casual, pro, and collectors). I'm also looking for a game that encourages multiplayer action. I think it will be a hit for me, my family, and my kids' friends will be drawn to the lights and sounds. And if it doesn't click with us...I think it will be game that will sell easily on the secondary market (at least in the short term). But I'm hoping it is everything I want it to be and will be a keeper for a long, long time. I really like that you can set Total Annihilation to whatever reactor you want. That way I can set it low (like on 3rd reactor) and then increase it as our family's skills improve to keep it challenging. Will I ever get to the 9nth...umm....one can dream, right?!?

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I think this game will truly shine in a multi-game collection

I totally agree. I will be replacing my F14 Tomcat with TNA. I think it will be a great addition as it has shorter ball times compared to LOTR and Hobbit. Will still have that retro feel of the Tomcat, but great light show and LCD to sit nicely next to the Hobbit and will attract friends who are new to pinball. Plus I love the theme and unique character to the game. Plus the history and story of how it came into production adds to the magic of the game. It will instantly be a conversation piece. Plus, if the comments are true, I will smile every time my wife yells for me to "turn that music down!"

#3117 2 years ago

I have a question. I was at an arcade and saw a Dolly Parton pinball. I know TNA was originally built using one of these cabinets, right? Well, Dolly is a much smaller looking cabinet than most modern Stern or JJP's. Looking at the Dead Flip stream again, the TNA is sitting next to a Jetson's. The Jetson's pinball looks much taller/bigger than the TNA. So, is TNA's dimensions the same as Dolly, AMH/RZ or somewhere in between. Just curious how it will look sitting next to other modern machines.

#3119 2 years ago

Thanks, Scott! I was actually just about to edit my comment because I saw that the empty TNA cabinets stacked identical to the empty Jetson's cabinets in the background. Great job on the game...can't wait to play it!

#3123 2 years ago

I wish I could make it to expo/open house, but alas...work. Please, please take a photo of all three next to each other powered up before people jump on them...that would be an awesome thing to see.

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does the game always end with "you failed"? If so I don't see the point.

"You failed" to achieve Total Nuclear Annihilation by destroying all 9 reactors. In the narrative of the game, as I understand, you are from the past (80's) trying to destroy the future so that by using time travel they don't destroy/erase your past. So you have to destroy the future to save the past. If you fail...you die. It's a unique theme/story for sure. But it won't effect game play if you don't know or care about the story. I don't see it any different than lots of other games. For example, Yagov trash talks you and "kills" you when you drain your last ball in F 14 Tomcat.

#3271 2 years ago

Is it just me, or do other people check this thread hoping to see people getting shipment notices? I'm a batch 4 guy and have a painful wait ahead. But will be worth it!

#3343 2 years ago

Does that say game #45?

#3359 2 years ago

My thoughts/hope on the whole 'is it game #45/47' thing is this: it could just be sent early so it is at the show and "jumped the line" so to speak (although nobody would be upset because we understand they are trying to show it off and sell them). But, I'm hoping it is actually #40-something in which case there are more sitting getting packaged and ready to ship after the release party at pinball life. How cool would it be to show off TNA at the Pinball Life party and be like, "and the first 50 are going out next week!". It's a long shot...but it's something to think about.

#3374 2 years ago

Mr. Kelly, that is exactly what we are. Because we are super excited! And that's a good thing. But, like Whysnow said, it's not meant to be taken as criticism, just excitement.

#3491 2 years ago

I get what your feeling rai . For me, this is the first time I've done the deposit/preorder thing. I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, either. And I was a little nervous that maybe I pulled the trigger too early and got caught up in the hype. But I am grateful to Jack Danger, Scott, and the Spooky crew for the streams and transparency. This is exactly the type of game I have been wanting to add to my collection. Every stream and picture gets me more excited and secure in my decision. I hate the wait, but I am confident in the team and their product.

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Is it smaller in height and depth than the "usual" pinball machine? It's looked that way in a few photos I have seen and in the stream last week from Ed Robertson's hou

We've already had this discussion and was answered by Scott. Check out a couple of pages back in this thread. I asked this myself. Bottom line, same dimensions, but glass is closer to playfield so less angle of backbox to cabinet ...think early solid state game like Sorcerer, Tomcat, High Speed, etc.

#3533 2 years ago

So konjurer, are you gonna join the club?

#3535 2 years ago

I just noticed on the pinball star Facebook video that the backglass light flashes with the pop bumper. Never saw that before.

#3566 2 years ago

Awesome! Looks like shipping has begun. Trying not to get too excited as this is just the first "batch", but it is exciting to see progress being made.

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Your game number doesn't matter whysnow because it's not a limited edition and they can make as many as they want.

It matters because 151 - 2 = 149 more until mine!

1 month later
#3806 2 years ago

Looks like I'll be adding on those speaker panels to my order once they are available. This game just keeps getting more beautiful.

4 weeks later
#4036 2 years ago

My understanding is that you are notified approximately one month before your machine is planned to be ready to pay the remainder of your balance. At that time your bill is sent for review and last chance for any factory added parts (shaker, knocker, etc). At least, that is what she told me when I ordered. Kinda glad that I'm 151, that way all these new add-on parts will be available. Really looking forward to the interactive lighted speaker panels. Unfortunately, my TNA final price keeps increasing with all the cool stuff.

1 week later
#4107 2 years ago

Nate did a great interview on Coast to Coast pinball episode #236. He went into all of Scott's history with pinball and the evolution of TNA. I'm #151 and am hoping for March (Feb would be nice) judging from current production. A little bummed waiting, but know it will be worth it. Plus, by the time mine is on the line, a lot of issues/bugs will be worked out, I'll have more polished code, and those speaker panels will be available. So, even though I'm waiting longer than I'd like (I mean, who doesn't want it yesterday), there are some benefits to being a later batch.

1 week later
#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I got my deposit in on game #259

Wow, 259...way to go Spooky and Scott!

1 week later
#4252 2 years ago

If I ever beat reactor nine the game will end for me...by massive heart attack!

#4281 2 years ago

TNA 2: The Electric Boogaloo or GTFO!

#4282 2 years ago

Holy cow! That pic from Alice Cooper on Spooky's page looks friggin' awesome!

1 week later
#4364 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Anyone know what batch number of TNA's they are on ?

According to the club thread #50 is picking up his game tomorrow. So, guess just now moving into batch 2. I know operators got theirs first and some people who took them to shows. Hope we are at the point of just going by numbers now.

#4426 2 years ago

Let's keep things friendly. This is my first pre-order experience and I too, am feeling the pain. It's just because I am so desperate to play this thing. Location pinball is scarce in my neck of the woods. It's definitely a watch the pot syndrome. And the out of order thing just makes it a little confusing for us pot watching because just kinda looking for a timeline. Never any doubt it will get made, delivered and be great. So, cut some slack for the occasional outburst of momentary frustration for those awaiting a great game.

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I am trying to keep from getting too worked up during the wait.

Me too, my friend...me too.

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Got a hankerin' for an AC/DC Premium VE and I'm considering giving up my place in the TNA line (#139) in order to swing it.
Someone talk me off the ledge!  And no requests for my spot please! (yet)

I'm #151 and I am also being tempted by the many machines available to bring home right now. But, I keep thinking of the magic that I felt watching this thing progress and then be streamed in its final form for the first time. Hoping hearing the music when it becomes available to stream tomorrow will bring the excitement back. Plus, my kids would never forgive me if I back out of TNA. They are so pumped to play it. Looking forward to many multiplayer games with them. If TNA gives me fun moments and memories with my kids, then it will go from $6,000 to priceless!

#4605 2 years ago

Rai does make a good point of the upper playfield (reactor core area) being under utilized. There are 3 targets there. Not sure what they are for. Could they maybe be used for something when the reactor is NOT lit? Like maybe hitting them helps solve the code faster or extend time for drops to stay down for jackpots during MB? Just brainstorming a bit. I'm not one to make code suggestions, and I love where the game is at, but rai does make a point.

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

If you complete the upper PF targets in order, then they max out the reactor core value

Oh, cool.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Still trying to figure out what makes Alpha Particles explicit.

I am also curious about this. I have held off buying because I have kids and we all share a music library.

#4646 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Alpha Particles is instrumental, as is almost the entire album. Nothing to worry about for kids, other than spontaneous dancing.

Dancing ain't allowed in this town!

#4737 1 year ago

Nah. I felt that Dave Sanders just sounded a regular and nice guy in that interview. Was pretty candid and honest. It's on the Kaneda podcast if anyone is interested, fyi.

4 weeks later
#5047 1 year ago

Did any go out this week? Keep waiting to see production volume go up, but afraid it may get even slower with AC going on the line.

#5063 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They are in the 3 digits!!! Woohoo! Here's to 163!

I wouldn't get too excited. This may be part of an international bunch grouped together. There were some US folks in the 80's that just got theirs. This out of order numbering really makes it frustrating to estimate. I hope you are right, though because I'm getting really close to bailing on 151.

2 weeks later
#5228 1 year ago

I admit, I've struggled with the wait. But now knowing that there is a co-op mode...I'm so stoked. This is the best thing ever, Scott!! Sometimes my kids won't play with me because they say I always win. But now we can play together as a team/family. You have no idea how great this will be. I take back any reservations that I had. And now that they've broken the 100 barrier, #151 is becoming a reality!

3 weeks later
#5627 1 year ago

Has anyone been told their machine is on the line recently? Rumor in an above post is there is an international group being made, then back to domestic numbers...any confirmation to this. With 120's getting shipping notices, I'm trying not to get excited...but that would mean mine should be going on the line in about a month if we are getting to the point of doing them in some kind of general numerical order.

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m at #152 so hopefully soon, just ordered my mirrors. It would make more sense for Spooky just to have mirrors in stock save on shipping costs.

I agree. I was excited and ordered my mirrors a week after they were announced. I hope they are there somewhere by the time they get to mine. That is my only worry. #151 (low fat/no butter) here, hopefully we get the call at the same time!

1 week later
#5709 1 year ago

Just gotta hold on a little longer.

#5715 1 year ago

Anybody get their notification this week?

#5740 1 year ago

Multiple types of digital sensors have been used in virtual cabs and none have ever really worked as well as a traditional tilt bob.

#5761 1 year ago

Does the knocker fire with extra balls or just replays?

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Still awaiting my shipping notice. #124.

It's been quiet around here. Thanks for the update.

#5844 1 year ago

Been quiet on people posting that they got the invoice e-mails recently. I find myself trying not to get hopeful...but I suck at it.

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It seems like they've been on 130-140's for like a month now. Ugh... this wait is a killer.

My enthusiasm for this game used to be so high but the wait is killing it. Thought when Spooky broke 100 things were going to start moving faster.

#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Got notification today that game #150 is hitting the line this week!

#151 here...holy smokes am I really that close now!?!

#5967 1 year ago

151 on line in the next week!

1 week later
#6065 1 year ago

#151 on the line and invoice paid!

#6088 1 year ago

Born on March 22. Wow, takes a long time to travel to Austria. Congrats.

#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Has anyone here sold or transferred their TNA? What is the process? I’ve ordered from Spooky.

Wow, didn't think you'd be getting out.

#6108 1 year ago

I almost went for that one. Then found a TNA on route locally. My son went nuts over TNA. He loved the co-op mode. I'm going to enjoy playing it with him.

#6135 1 year ago

Hey Charlie, how about a picture of all those games waiting to be inspected? My son is going crazy knowing ours is on the line.

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted speed run in this pin bravo!!!

Ummm, dude, you just sold yours.

1 week later
#6252 1 year ago

Who's got two thumbs and will be getting his TNA delivered tomorrow?

thumb (resized).jpg

#6276 1 year ago

Well guys, it's been a long road, but time to leave and move to the club thread. I've put my first 20 games on my new TNA and I gotta say, it's amazing. For those who like bling, Mustangpaul's leg light ups in purple look FANTASTIC on this game. I won them from a SDTM giveaway. Adios amigos...see you on the other side!

15282310019848013478239437423242 (resized).jpg
#6281 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ok... not really a fan of excessive mods... but DAMN! Those just fit the art and game. SICK!!! I love it. Nice job to whoever made them.

Wow, thanks Charlie! I have to say, you made a great game. No issues out of the box AT ALL!

FYI, the leg light ups are sold in the Pinside Marketplace by MustangPaul. He recommended purple, and boy was he right. Super easy to install with the pinball life accessory power supply for TNA.

#6284 1 year ago

For those concerned about the LCD, take some time to adjust it with the controls on the back panel before replacing it. I adjusted gamma, brightness, and a little contrast and it improved the image dramatically. The default settings are all at 50% with gamma off. I was disappointed with the image at first, but now have a great picture. I do not feel a need to upgrade, personally.

#6286 1 year ago

5' 9". But I sound much taller on the radio.

Initially the screen was very washed out/white-ish. After adjusting, I have good black levels. HUGE difference. The angle thing isn't that bad unless you go beyond like 70 degrees to the right or left. If you are standing almost 90 degrees, its difficult to see...but why would you? As long as you are in front of the cabinet or beside it facing the head, you'll see it just fine. I think you have to take with a grain of salt how critical some people are about their machines. For instance, I have yet to hear the fan. I don't leave my games on just sitting there. I turn them on when I play them and turn them off when I leave the basement. Yes, I hear the fan when I stop to work on one or take a phone call. But when the game is playing, you can't hear anything but the amazing sounds. No different from any other cooling fan. The screen is fine for me. Not enough of an issue to risk messing up a great machine. I suppose if you were over 6' 5" it may be a problem. But my kids (4 footers) had no issues and when I sat on a stool and played I had no issue.

#6293 1 year ago

I'll be happy to share my personal settings this evening when I get home. Although I may end up playing around with the settings a little more. I'm not dissing those who are upgrading the LCD. My main point is don't buy a replacement LCD until you've seen the stock one and adjusted the settings first. Just trying to save some folks some cash and/or frustration.

And for a little compliment/pot-stirring: HOLY CRAP, Charlie! What kind of wood are you using for your cabinets? Screwing in the Pinball Life power supply adapter into the side of the cabinet was like trying to drive a screw into concrete. That cabinet won't be splitting anytime soon!

1 month later
#6491 1 year ago

If anyone is on the fence, I put my TNA add up in the marketplace today.

#6493 1 year ago

Just not clicking with me. It sure is pretty and sounds great. But something has to leave.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 265.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside