Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 7 years ago

Good news. Be nice to mix up the collection with something different.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Totally agree. They are dangerous targets being so close to the flippers (and center drain). Having to hit each 3 times...you're pressing your luck!

Yet they're just slightly angled enough to give you a chance.

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Bigass sub. Same diff.

Really hope the same quality speakers make it into production.

2 weeks later
#683 6 years ago

Did they say why they changed the name? I prefer the original, but was it some Copyright / licence problems? Like from the original 90's PC game?

#684 6 years ago

Anyone know from what game the original cab was stolen for the proto?

#709 6 years ago

So it's going to be made in a standard Spooky cabinet. Kind of a shame - really liked the idea of it in the original 80's style Bally cab - but I'm assuming it's cost prohibitive. But will the PF be steeper because of this? I'm guessing it would either need to be steeper or a bigger gap between the glass and the PF.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No , spooky is making a different cabinet for this game.

Really? That's great. On the podcast it sounded like it was the standard cab - maybe they meant a modified version.

1 week later
#820 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok disclaimer: I'm in no way knocking Scott's hombrew game. Heck I could never make one, but wouldn't be a problem to do the same thing over and over again for 5 reactors, sorry I've never played the game. I've only watched the video a few times. You bring the reactors online, overloaded and destroy it. Same shots for each reactor..right? Again not trolling just wondering if that's the idea or maybe I missed something.

Quoted from rai:

This is what I asked earlier. I have played Space Station once seemed like I was close to solving the pin on my first play.
However maybe it's like video game PacMan or Q-Bert where it's same same but you can have fun doing the same same.

Quoted from Aurich:

Space Station isn't from the early 80s, and it's not by Bally, so ... okay, you played a Space Station once, congrats, but I cannot fathom what it has to do with the conversation.
It's like it's impossible to conceive of a game that doesn't have ramps.
This game isn't for you, don't buy it.

Both legit questions, especially if you've never played it before. It's a simple-ish layout and it's difficult to convey how much fun it is to play over the internet. Not sure why asking a legit and fundamental rule question should means the game "isnt for you" and therefore "dont buy it".

#1017 6 years ago

For some reason the translite reminds me of a purple Twilight Zone.

Whether you like the art or not, this game is going to be freakin' awesome. Scott has had this thing in his head for years. Pretty sure he has a good idea on how he wants it to look.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

they import a few, and a very closed shop

No, that was because both AMH and RZ were very limited and sold out very quickly. Nothing to do with P&P being a "closed shop".

#1085 6 years ago

How many would buy TnA in a format more or less like it is now? Exposed backboard with laser cut name, exposed screen/speakers/Led scores. Mostly Exposed wood playfield (cleared) with minimal "art" mostly insert labels, and a few plastics. (Though Probably not Sharpie - on second thoughts, would be cool if Scott personally hand labeled all the pf's himself ).

Personally I think it looks really cool as is because of the basement /industrial/ underground feel suits the theme. And would look nothing like any game in anyone's collection. Whether or not it would translate into a production game.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I was on the list for AMH in the first 25 to be built yet things happen - just wish a true distributor would be set up as would love to support Scott and Spooky. Hopefully one day.

Really? No idea what could have happened. All I can say from my experience everything went smoothly working with Soooky and P&P. Not sure whether the market could justify a "true distributor" given its size and also the boutique nature of Spooky.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

It blows my mind that there are people that would take the game with sharpie shit scribbled all over the playfield but are bitching about the art direction they have chosen.

When it came time to lock in deposits, I'd hazard a guess those people wouldn't commit no matter what the art looked like.

#1137 6 years ago

The girl is from the 80's but currently in the future destroying reactors. So maybe it's actually more fitting to have a combination of a contemporary looking girl and 80's retro graphics.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

So they're ditching the old '78 Bally cabinet-style?

From what I could gather the backbox won't be 80's bally. It will be current spooky. The cabinet will be spooky, but modified to be more like 80's bally. I'm guessing that means the glass won't be as steep.

Not sure if they'll be using the Bally wide side rails with laser cut name. Although the new name might not fit.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Anytime you have to explain your art or story to the audience, you've missed the mark.

Good point, but it would be pretty hard playing this game without knowing the back story. Being an original theme it needs to be explained somehow. As long as there are no comic books it's all good.

It's funny how the most active and heated arguments on Pinside are always about art. Explain Pinside to an outsider..."yeh, it's a pinball forum where a bunch of middle aged white guys discuss art."

#1144 6 years ago

According to Scott this is what the scoring displays will look like:

IMG_7949 (resized).JPGIMG_7949 (resized).JPG

But with the LCD display underneath as well, the translite will be quite small. Smaller than Spike 2 maybe?

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What's the back story of Cosmic Gunfight? Or Barracora?

How long have you got?

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He wasn't INTENDING to go to the future, duh!

But he had to fit in otherwise he'd look like an idiot.

4 weeks later
#1293 6 years ago

Id like to complain and make a suggestion in the same breath.....HURRY UP! I want it yesterday!

1 month later
#1599 6 years ago

Like it. Was more colour than I was expecting, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Was The beacon on the proto? Can't remember. Nice touch especially with the theme.

Hoping the speakers are as punchy as the proto - that was a highlight for me.

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm pretty sure it's still there...you can see a little sliver of it in one of the pics. The apron is covering it by the angle of all the shots.

Yeh, I think youre right....

20449072_1510135999047622_9012878987276399357_1 (resized).jpg20449072_1510135999047622_9012878987276399357_1 (resized).jpg

Actually, would be great to get confirmation from Spooky, what, if anything has changed from the original (apart from the obvious art, stylistic stuff). For those who've played the original, would be nice to know if anything has been cut/added.

#1623 6 years ago

Ok, who is going to make some LED light up drops for this.....

20368814_1510135825714306_4339517953444179916_o (resized).jpg20368814_1510135825714306_4339517953444179916_o (resized).jpg

3 months later
#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

After less then a week of ownership my wife has officially moved TNA in to her group of games with SS and MM as a game that is hers that I'm never allowed to sell.

Does that mean you can buy one more to make up for the shortfall in "your" collection?

#3914 6 years ago

3 letters......OCD. But I think most people in pinball suffer from it in varying degrees.

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Dudes, my TNA will be finished next week and will be the first one in Good ol‘ Germany...afaik. My friend has to wait another 2 months or so to get his tna and as it would be cool to do a combined shipping to save some costs: anybody with production Slot now willing to change his spot and wait for just a few Weeks longer? That would be frickin‘ cool )

Or you could swap yours for a later spot and combine...just sayin'

1 week later
#4054 6 years ago

Do we need a Cliffy for the scoop or are they pre-installed?

What's everyone doing for shooter lane protection?

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And people are ok with that???

That's the new normal in Stern playfields

1 week later
#4161 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The newest member of the family, #32. Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing. Hi Congrats to Spooky, you’ve got a hit on your hands.

mmmmm....butter......

3WxBnNz (resized).jpg3WxBnNz (resized).jpg

#4208 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Crap. In anticipation of future delivery, I started the process of advertising one of my games, hoping for good timing of the slot opening up.
- Some prick came by today with cash and paid me full price.
TNA #132.
I guess I'll put a fake plant in that spot.

Those bastards who offer full price and pay in cash...what's become of pinball?

1 month later
#4572 6 years ago

Australian games due next week. Can't freakin' wait.

#4574 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I haven't been reading the thread at all, to be honest. I am trying to keep from getting too worked up during the wait. Eventually I caved and jumped in though. Haha. At last look, all talk was FLAC, Phish, and well, more Phish, so I jumped to the end.

165, I believe it was. I'm a ways down the line still...
Edit: Does anybody know what the highest reported number is? I imagine it has to be in the 200s by now, right?

Thought it was up around 300 as I saw a post about number 300 getting signed by everyone or something.

#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thought about it, but instead in the v1.1.0 that I will be releasing soon, it will use the last digit of the score to keep track of how many reactors were beaten.

Unless I'm mistaken, the last digit reactor counter will only record in a high score if the score is on the board for being a high score. But there may be instances where you can defeat the most reactors and not get on the board, or defeat most reactors and be 4th on the board.

#4687 6 years ago

Australian games are sitting in customs as we speak. If Customs had any sense of what is sitting there, they would release them before the weekend and put us all out of our misery.

I'm torn between setting it up at work for all of us to play $1 games or taking it home where I can play it in more depth, but less often as multiplayer.

2 weeks later
#4904 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

What angle are you guys setting this at?

7.4 here. Go steep or go home.

#4911 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I bet it would play easier at that angle than 6.5. Easier to trap balls on the flippers and less dangerous lateral action. You’re actually cheating!

You should try it one day. Easy to trap assuming you can react quickly enough.

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Should I assume that I am the only person interested in this mod?
or
No news is good news?

Apparently it’s still in development.

1 week later
#5111 6 years ago

I kind of wish I’d gone butter, but my regular decals are glossy and super high quality - more than happy with them.

Having said that, when I’m playing this game, I couldn’t give a sh*t what is on the cab. None of it is going to matter unless I can defeat the 9 reactors to stop the world ending in the past.

#5143 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!
Co-op mode coming!
Work WITH your friends to take down reactors!
Is this a first for pinball?
Will be shown at TPF!

Could be a first.

Another extension of this could be playing in teams of 2 to take down reactors.

1 week later
#5237 6 years ago

So are there actual plans for a Vs Co-op? Personally I’d prefer this over the “all on one team” co-op mode.

#5239 6 years ago

F*k yeh. Scott is out of control.

#5250 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What about 3 players. Beginning of game the software randomly picks 2 on 1 scenario.

Was thinking the same - would be a lot of balls (6) for the single player guy, but better than no option at all.

#5253 6 years ago

OK OK, here is how it works...
There are 2 co op modes. "Co Op Mode" and "Team Vs. Mode".
The first thing you do to activate these modes is press and hold the start button when adding player 1. This will start the standard co op mode and will flash it up on the LCD. This mode is everyone vs the machine. If you want to do team vs mode, you press and hold the start button again until the screen says Team Vs. Mode. Then you must add all 4 players. This mode links players 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together. If you launch the ball without 4 players added to the game, it will default back to standard co op mode. You can also toggle between the 2 modes before starting the game by pressing and holding the start button before you launch the first ball.
Hope that makes sense.
--Scott

So no chance of a 1player vs 2player mode if 3 players are selected for VS CO-OP?

#5258 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Can't guy 3 just be player 2 and player 4?

true, same thing I guess.

Quoted from epthegeek:

This is why programmers should stay out of fan forums -- FEATURE CREEEEEEEEEEEP

I'm sure Scott is strong enough not to be overly influenced by the mob.

You mean a regular game? hahaha 1 vs 2?

Player 1 & 3 vs player 2.......but now I think about it herg makes sense - probably no different than one guy taking spot 2 and 4

#5268 6 years ago

So any of the mod makers reading this thread want to make some lit drop targets for TNA like the ones they made for WOZ/AFM?

#5270 6 years ago
Quoted from grimnim:

the difference is that in 1v2, its 2 players versus 1 player (6 balls vs 3 balls). in 2v2, its 6 balls each. so if you have 1 really amazing player vs 2 noobs, you dont want to give the really amazing player 6 balls....
i guess they could just drain player 4s balls though (did i phrase that right?)

I get that, but the only fair way would be 6 balls per team whether 1 or 2 players on the team. Ideally you’d want to try and balance the skill level of the teams as much as possible.

#5288 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

2 v 1.... just let player 4 balls drain.

But then it’s 6 balls vs 3 balls which is not really fair (unless you’re aiming to handicap a player). Better the single player guy play 2 and 4. Will be the same as if the feature was “coded”.

Anyway, all just talk. Great game as it is - doesn’t really need anything more. Yet Scott adds more.

#5376 6 years ago

Here’s an option.....order in 6 months when they get caught up, and you might only need to wait 1 month, or you’ll be able to buy a used one.

The other alternative would be to buy a new release Stern game and then wait (pray) 12 months for code.

#5382 6 years ago

Spooky should release a Queue Jumper Edition. Plus $1000 and you’re on the next run.

Actually, those who are impatient should seriously enquire about butter cabinet since they’re made in batches.

#5395 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah man. If my TnA was in the USA instead of some ship somewhere, I’d be taking the cash and getting back in line.
Free money = GOOD
Plenty of other pins to play in the meantime.
rd

With all due respect RD, you do have 124 other games to play in the meantime. I think one of the guys complaining had 1.

#5400 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You ate $200 of in&out burgers!?!? I’m impressed

I just want the Centaur

1 week later
#5519 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's got family, you know.

Now you're resorting to guilt trips? The depths people will lower themselves to for good pinball.

#5567 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

117 shipped and then 92 shipped?

Butter baby. They group a bunch of Butter cabs together when they’re producing because they’re a PIA to produce. Means some get them early, but also some get them late.

#5606 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

spooky are doing circa 25 games every 4 weeks...

There were numbers post 390 in this thread earlier. If we’re at 120ish now, that would put the eta for a game ordered today at 11 months from now. I’m guessing production will speed up going forward, but ACNC will also hit the line.

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just played a TnA with the shaker for the first time at Seattle Pinball Museum...
Damn that is a fantastic implementation of a shaker! Definitely going to have order shaker now.

Puts the pressure on doesn't it. Just need to screen it out.

1 week later
#5710 6 years ago

How do you guys even get a chance to look at the LCD screen while playing TNA? I can honestly say I have no idea what’s happening on the lcd whilst playing.

#5769 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just my notes from the Side Rails install which is really easy.
Removing the side rails is easy, a bunch of screws and 2 nut/bolts. Hardest part is that Spooky glue gun the flipper bolt so you have to get some of that out to turn the nut. Also easier if you loosen one of the screws on the flipper switch and rotate that out of the way.
When overlaying the lighted strip you do have to ensure that the lighted bit isn't going to be pierced by two screws, as two of them do go through the top plastic area. Its hard to get it wrong. Also worth connecting the power supply before so you can test easily. On my TNA the rear glass slot was tighter on one side which made threading the wire through on one side a bit hard. When I tightened it all up the screws the el-paper whine that you nearly always get with this stuff reduced quite a lot which was a nice bonus. Must have mod in my view
Neil.

The hooked rails look great, but they really should be pre-drilled. If you hit either the el panel, or the wire up the top, you’ll either ruin them, or I’m assuming there will be a nice current running through the screw and maybe the rail? I’ve cut these panels before and if you leave them unsealed where you cut them, you get a nice electric shock. Ok, it’s only 12v (?) but still a bit of a zap.

#5837 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I finally got my shaker motor ordered and shipped to Spooky. At game 165, it shouldn't be too long before they start my build, so I figured it was time. For add-ons, I went with the shaker, art blades, speaker lights, and plastic protectors. I'll probably get a physical knocker at some point, but held off on that for now.

The default setting for the knocker is to go off on extra balls so it’s used more than usual. Can’t imagine not having it now, but I guess it’s the least necessary of the mods if you’ve got to hold off.

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Final payment went thru fine, and I believe #139 is now on the line!
Hey, look at that, I made a rhyme.

Quoted from jar155:

That feeling must be sublime.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good. They will be in the 140’s soon. About how long once the game goes on the line till it then is ready to be shipped?

Moderators always have to kill the fun.

1 week later
#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Owners can you say how the build quality is? I mean cabinet integrity, decals, inserts etc..
I’ve not heard anything bad, but this was part of the reason why I stopped buying Stern pins when they said insert ghosting is considered normal.

All 100%.

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

RD to I thought you were one that said it’s better to buy 6-8 old pins than one new pin? What happened?

He’s already got all the old pins......

#6075 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Drop that pitch back down. Your making it easier. Outlanes becomes safer and it’s easier to trap the ball. It’s not easy at all to trap up on ours. I’ve seen some people make it real steep and it makes trapping way safer.

Interesting topic. Definitely less side to side with a steeper angle, but steeper means faster and you need faster reflexes. I’m still not convinced the angle of the pf affects ability to trap since trapping is affected more by the flipper throw/movement.

#6081 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Full plunge through spinner, deadbounce off left flipper, and immediate right flip back hand to drop targets. If you pitch your game too high this can become difficult.

So another reason higher pitch makes it more difficult.

#6116 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Everyone says how great DI, saw one local for good deal.

I will get back in line for DNA if I get DI.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-or-di#post-4360809

Had both, DI is gone and haven't missed it at all. Still playing TNA every day.

#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Combined deals made DI LE price too good to pass up.

This is the second direct trade of DILE for TNA I’ve heard in the past week.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted speed run in this pin bravo!!!

Quoted from Crile1:

Ummm, dude, you just sold yours.

In fairness to rai he did say “wanted”, ie. “in the past”.

#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I still will get TNA, it’s not like I’m going anywhere. I don’t care if I get the pin right now or next year.
One of my favorite albums is Pink Floyd ‘Animals’ came out in 1977 I was 12. I doubt I heard the album much at all until the 1980s and really started to listen to it often until the 90s.
NIN ‘The Fragile’ came out in 1999 and I’ve probably listened to it a thousand times, it’s not really popular now don’t know if NIN is popular at all, but I still listen to it 20 years later.
If TNA is a great pin, it will still be a great pin in a year. I’m not like someone who needs to get something immediately and losses interest when it’s not the talk of the day anymore.

Was just stirring the pot. FWIW, I think you made a good move - u get a cheap DI now, and still get a TNA down the track.

1 week later
#6259 5 years ago

I had TNA at home for a couple of weeks, then decided I should move it in to work so the guys in the office can also enjoy it and we can play more multiplayer. Downside - I don't get to play it as much at work.

So 4 weeks later - screw the guys in the office . I miss it way too much and am going to somehow fit it in at home again this weekend.

The guys at work will have to make do with TWD.

1 month later
#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing they have sold around 450 now?

That’s really impressive. My original guesstimate when I placed my (early) order was 420. When all’s said and done I think 6-800 might not be out of the question. Maybe 1000?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.