Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Anybody got any sweet mode ideas?

Shoot a stand up target to start it flashing, shoot the pop bumper to lock it in. Lock in all 5 targets to start a multiball where the pop bumper is the only jackpot. Lock in all 5 targets during multiball and hit the pop bumper for unlimited supers.

Edit - the reactor targets aren't involved here.

4 weeks later
#570 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do the lights near the flippers do? I mean the square of 15 lights between the slings plus the three below those?

Bonus count

#651 2 years ago

What is that I keep hearing in the background?

1 week later
#734 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For those who have played it, does it seem like it has legs or would it be more likely fun to play occasionally but not like a game you're going to keep for long time?
I don't have any simple rule pins like Space Station so I don't know how I feel about TA.
I'm not saying TA is Space Station just that the rules seem more basic.
Is this initial euphoria for TA or do you think it's the real deal?

How do you feel about BSD? Simple rules, one basic goal, difficult to achieve, rewarding when you do.
TNA has the same feel to me. Simple rules, one (well, 9) basic goal, increasingly difficult to achieve, rewarding when you do.

Both of them make you want to play "one more game."

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Except TnA has the incredible pounding soundtrack and looks to be way more of an adrenaline rush than BSD, but I get what you're saying about doing a few hard things well.

Absolutely.

1 week later
#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Better yet, check out the mirror in the back.

Coincidence?

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Seeing the full resolution really has me loving the backglass even more. I missed so much of the details at first glance and I am digging the mushroom cloud in the top left!

"Parts from Terry"

Lionman!!! Starring Doug Manley and Jay Brand.

That car at the top really should look more like a Fiero. It's a little too boxy.

Great stuff.

2 months later
#1492 2 years ago

Didn't Scott just say he didn't want to reveal the art in pieces?

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Next reveal will be the complete package .

Ok, now I'm excited too.

#1576 2 years ago

Looks awesome! I don't know when you started on the art, but it sure seems like it all came together REALLY quickly. I'm super impressed if they'll be shipping in 2017, too. I gotta find some stuff to sell...

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Basically it's just an extension of me helping out people to import pins from the USA which I already do anyway. The more pins we have in NZ the better for the pin community.

Hey! Quit stealing all our pins!

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To those that have played... I hear each reactor is unique, and has a different approach to destroying it. Can someone please provide further details of the nuanced differences between reactors?

Each reactor takes more shots to unlock, and more (random) shots to destroy. Otherwise the process of startup and overheating each reactor is the same.

#1825 2 years ago

All it's missing is drop target decals!

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Love the PF, love the cab, STILL not feeling the anime girl on the backglass but it's not a game killer. Can't wait to play it!

I still think she's one of the better parts of the whole art package. I really like the idea of her being on the playfield, Akira-style, that someone posted earlier.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i think you can earn an extra danger on the hobbit from a mystery award

And #woz

1 week later
#2304 2 years ago

I too am hoping the ordering period lasts long enough for me to figure out how to fund one.

#2641 2 years ago

thenotrashcougar fyi, not sure if someone else caught this one but there were a couple typos in the game settings (REATOR).

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

You're right!! This nonsense is getting old and tiresome...

Perfect place for a Sac rack!

1 month later
#3342 2 years ago

God damnit, I need a bonus from work, stat!

3 months later
#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I make the trek to Munster IN just below Chicago for 3 Floyds Dark Lord Day and to stock up on Zombie Dust every year so I certainly cannot judge.

FTW. Right in my back yard.

151639729826638659696 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4690 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Bowen almost got the 9th reactor. Good to see the really skilled players are finding it tough as well.

Don't suppose that's on video anywhere?

3 weeks later
#4968 1 year ago

Is there a true dirty pool reward now too? There's been that question about a ball behind the 3rd drop target being stuck or not.

2 weeks later
#5182 1 year ago

That picture is going to be making the rounds for a long time.

5 months later
#6680 1 year ago

Looking to buy a spot in line. PM me!

#6695 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Looking to buy a spot in line. PM me!

I'm in! Thanks chris1981

1 month later
#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Just got my build email for 386!!! So close!

Whoa... I better start getting my shit together!

#6948 1 year ago

What's the self-install process for the Shaker/Knocker? Do they have the plugs just hanging? Screw it down/plug it in/done?

#6950 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There is a board that they plug into in the head. It's very easy to install. You shouldn't have issues with the included instructions. You will have to drill for the knocker. I can't remember if you need to for the shaker (I think you might).

Drill what? Just for the mounting screws?

2 weeks later
#7010 1 year ago

Location of the puncture couldn't be better! lol

2 weeks later
#7041 1 year ago

We've crossed into the 400s.

#7049 1 year ago

Picking up 401 and 413 Friday. Woot!

#7062 1 year ago

401 and friend, coming home! Thanks Charlie and Kayte, you're the best!

20181109_150639 (resized).jpg
#7064 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What’s the friend!?
Mine came with a friend too![quoted image]

#413 - my cousin's game.

#7068 1 year ago

flashinstinct here we go. Install pic for posterity.

15418726631045963246451719612262 (resized).jpg
#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Your Radiation decals are upside down. I know as I fitted mine the same way

Because that's the way they were on the sheet!

#7072 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Maybe your sheet was upside down

All set.

15418800334175394801606823779754 (resized).jpg
#7087 1 year ago

Is there an adjustment for when the trough has trouble ejecting a ball? Just up the coil power?

#7090 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yep, the trough coil. I would look and make sure there is not some physical reason the ball is not coming out. Could also be kicking too hard. Just watch it when it tries.
--Scott

It's not making it up into the shooter lane. Bumping the power up to 31 seemed to help some. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Of course when it fails to get all the way out, the balls get stacked a bit, but a couple more pops clears it up.

#7104 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m sure there are plenty of other things that will record in slo mo.
Borrow someone’s iPhone for 10 mins. Cost - $0.
rd

Lol.

I've done the same thing troubleshooting a Dirty Harry launch problem with my Android.
I'll give it a shot, thanks guys.

#7106 1 year ago

Alright, so what do you think? 3rd attempt fails.

#7108 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bend the top of the scoop down a little.
Take off the apron first of course.
Bend it a little then run 20 balls through it. Bend it some more if needed.
rd

But it's welded?

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ohhhh. Dunno. I haven’t bent one.
Can you turn down the kick out coil power?
Looks to be kicking them out pretty fast. 1/2 that grunt would probably be fine.
rd

There's an idea. I took the Tim Allen route. More Power!

#7118 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks to me like the 3rd ball it not fully in position over the upkicker before it fires?
hard to see but appear that it is not hitting square on the ball so it is rattling before it even makes it to the top.
I would take off the rough and check that there is not a burr or something stopping the ball from getting into position first.

It happens when starting a game with a full trough sometimes, too. That said, it's worth checking.

I dropped the coil strength down to 20 and it kicked a dozen balls in a row (in coil test) perfectly. Then in game play, it started failing like 20% of the time again. bumped it to 23 because it seemed a little weak (sometimes barely making the shooter lane), but it still fails at about the same rate. I'm going to have to take the apron off and try to get a better view.

#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Check how the balls roll down the trough.
Double check one of the balls hasn’t become magnetic somehow and is holding the balls back from rolling down fully. Stranger things have happened.
See if one of the switches is too high and holding up the ball travel.
Just stare at it for a while and hopefully you’ll see the issue.
rd

Dude, this is getting so frustrating. I'm playing with it like crazy with the apron off. In test the balls go through probably 49/50. Glass off apron off, I play like 5 games, getting lots of ball saves etc. and the ratio continues. Must be good now! Apron on, glass on, and it's failing 2/5 now. wtf?

#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Dude, this is getting so frustrating. I'm playing with it like crazy with the apron off. In test the balls go through probably 49/50. Glass off apron off, I play like 5 games, getting lots of ball saves etc. and the ratio continues. Must be good now! Apron on, glass on, and it's failing 2/5 now. wtf?

toads has the solution!

"Looking thru the coin door bend the bottom of the bracket towards you, only a little bit.
It will move the strike point a tiny bit."

Bingo. Thanks toads!

1 month later
#7199 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You should be more exact with your question.
-Mike

I'm sure he's talking about the chipping paint.

#7201 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I’ve completely missed this topic on chipping paint. Was it in earlier parts of this thread or it’s own topic? Link so I can read up?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/75#post-4654312

This is the issue. His fix didn't work and many of us have chunks missing after as little as 50 plays. Look through that thread for pics. Current fix for the problem is that they'll send washers to put under the posts. Obviously, that doesnt fix my missing paint.

Charlie has said they've since discovered the issue and corrected it on the last few playfields but hasn't said what it was.

2 months later
#7209 10 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which is why I won't buy another game from them.

But you'll keep buying Sterns because Gary is so vocal about all their problems? Makes sense.

As much as I've said here about this issue, I still respect Charlie for what he has come out and said, and understand he may not want to detail the mistakes made in a public forum. It's on me that I haven't phoned him personally to discuss it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside