Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like you're not really grocking this game, it's not about story and modes, it's about simple objectives that are hard to actually accomplish. It's about fast and furious and ass kicking, and you want more.
Have you spent any time with '80s Bally games? They had a theme, and a vibe, but it wasn't about telling you a story, it was about setting an atmosphere and then letting you loose to try and survive it.
TNA has an LCD screen and modern touches that will elevate it a bit beyond that, but not much, at its core it's still that simple but hard game, and that's the appeal. It's the antithesis to modern Sterns, to the 30 mode JJP games, to the long and detailed journey that Keefer likes to give you.
Ironically I feel like the simple games sometimes have more replay value. I know a lot of people with games like LOTR that they love, but also never actually play. It's just such a huge commitment to fire it up. This is the opposite, pinball that's just fun to play, without needing a free hour, but you can play for that long if you want. Hopefully with some friends!

Diversity is the spice of life. You need both types of games in your collection - the journey and the bloodbath, they complement each other. I love having Iron Man right by my Star Trek Premium, the different style of play and ball times is great.

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think this game will do well. But I also hope it does well. Pinball needs games like this to be successful. Imho.

I couldn't agree more. I really wasn't paying attention to this game or thread till last week, but it sure has caught my interest now.

I'm like you and starting to enjoy my brutal games more and more. I can play three or four games of Quicksilver in the time I can play one game of Revenge From Mars, I like that.

Looking forward to learning more about this title.

#2443 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

NOBODY is more awesomer than Scott Danesi. Also, LIONMAN! Because, LIONMAN

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think we are allowed to talk about LIONMAN! in this thread since this game actually contains a LIONMAN! in the art, correct?

I haven't been following this thread all that closely till this week. If the other mods or robin said it was fine then it's certainly fine with me. Where in the art is likeness (just for my own edification)?

#2511 6 years ago

Game looks like it plays great. Congrats to the design team. Really dig the music.

#2556 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I just hope when my TNA finally makes it home that the Grand Champion score is still logged as LIONMAN!!!

That would be awesome actually. I like how it got worked into the art!

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

and maybe have a shuffle feature to allow mere mortals (or location regulars) a taste of all the music tracks associated with the reactors.

Who did all the music? I'm really digging it.

#2559 6 years ago

No kidding? Talented guy to be sure. I'm super impressed.

#2563 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So which of us will buy one for the GCPC?

Good question. Let's discuss and make a plan on this.

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

just curious what a GCPC is?

Gulf Coast Pinball Club - basically SE Texas (Beaumont and surrounding areas) and SW Louisiana (Lake Charles and surrounding areas).

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, but the person who wins the game has no problem accepting them.

Okay, so it is just the holder for the dollar bets. You must not only have the sac rack but dollar coins from all participants. Got it.

1 week later
#2990 6 years ago

Paid my deposit yesterday afternoon. Should arrive on Monday via FedEx. Interested in finding out what number/batch I'm in. Will report back.

#3000 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Outstanding choice
My check arrived Thursday... I was #169 so you should still hopefully be in the 4th batch. I was told early 2018, ug can't wait!

Thank you! And good! Early 2018 will be great for me. I'm pretty excited.

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's just a fun thing to kid around with. You use it to play dollar bet games against your friends, everyone puts a dollar coin in the rack and winner takes them. I like the idea and I jumped on the hype train a little because it's something positive and fun to spread around.

I think it's a great idea. I may order one also. Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Present and accounted for.

So, the plan is you just go to the bank and get some rolls of dollar coins and then sell them to your friends when they come over? Surely not everyone brings their own Sac coins?

#3035 6 years ago

For me, I'd been wanting to support Spooky for a long time but they had not had a game that just called out to me. TNA really called out to me. The music, sound system, light show, speed, and neat ideas like the ball save on the outlanes really won me over. Funny enough, I dig the theme!

I'm a monster fan of Quicksilver (possibly my favorite game when company is over). This game constantly being referred to as Quicksilver on Steriods certainly helped.

Also, who doesn't want a game promoted by bangerjay in the neon green hammock?

#3043 6 years ago

I'm spot 174, just got my email a few minutes ago.

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wonder at what point Spooky will shelve production of the game? Charlie said they'd run it as long as there was interest. But it can't be forever open ended... can it?

They said they would do a last call (at some point when they were completing the original orders) and then shut it down.

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe it's been answered, what happens if you are critical, does the reactor ever begin to recover if you don't make the required shots in time (countdown)? Seems like that might add some more pressure.

Does the game need more pressure? I haven't seen anyone get past reactor four...seems like there is more than enough pressure already.

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

TNA is in the same cabinet as the Jetsons with the exception of the playfield glass angle. It is much less steep and almost level with the playfield on TNA.

It does fit a standard sheet of glass correct? (I've got a sheet of PDI in a box just waiting for this game to arrive!).

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It is going to be so awesome to see the 3 versions next to each other at the pinball life open house party .

Are you working on the pingulps now? Link to place to purchase? Thanks!

#3229 6 years ago

Hmm, at 8 production games a week that would put me sometime in February for delivery, which is awesome. Been a long time since I've looked this forward to a game.

My first Spooky!

#3246 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

So I want to be convinced to pre-order TNA.
The other spooky titles have not grabbed me before, but everything I've seen about this pin looks solid.
What is the build quality like with a spooky pin?

Put several games on AMH yesterday. The build quality seemed great to me. Cabinet was perfect. Playfields was perfect (no ghosting).

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Just saw the gameplay video from dead flip. The game looks really fun to play! Great job to all involved!

Yea, just watched the latest one last night. I love how they baited the beginning of that video with Genisis. Was awesome hearing the TNA music kick in and silence the other machine while Scott walks in.

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Let these guys breathe! You want good quality right? Let them get the assy down to a science and they will start cranking them out.

Totally agreed! That said, I'm not seeing anyone rushing them in this thread. We are all just really excited to get our games. The only anxiety here is caused by our collective enthusiasm.

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone go with the shaker and knocker options? Have you had them sent over to Spooky yet? If so I better get on it.

I need to get that done. Link to order them?

#3318 6 years ago

The Deadflip video said for 2k Scott would come and deliver the game personally and do a Deadflip video from your house for an unboxing party. While they were clearly kidding, that would actually be rather awesome.

By the way, can you change from three to four or five ball play in the settings? Just curious.

Gosh I'm looking forward to this game. Can't wait for more unboxing photos and videos.

#3326 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I know scott mentioned removing this adjustment. If it's does stay in may I suggest keeping the minimum to 5 or something. So at least to see it you have to work a bit and earn it.

What is the most reactors anyone has destroyed on a video thus far? I've seen four on a few videos. Can't recall if I've seen five yet.

#3350 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Going to have to email and add the interior art to my order now, thank you for the additional pics

Yep, I was just thinking that as well. Looks great.

#3469 6 years ago

Pinball Life will also be a supplier for the TnA boards if you'd like to grab spares... it's a tried and true product and REALLY robust! Scott and I have both tried to murder them in various ways. It can be done but you REALLY gotta screw up.

Always great to have a spare set. I'll order one.

#3475 6 years ago

Quite a few of the first 10 games are going on location. We'll have one at Lawrence's here in Benton beating the daylights out of it as well.

Are y'all bringing one to HAAG in Houston in October?

1 week later
#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

all I know is mine is supposed to ship next week!!!

Awesome! Make sure to post some unboxing pics!

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It matters because 151 - 2 = 149 more until mine!

100% right! I'll be doing a constant count down till they reach 174.

Congrats on getting your game Hilton. Did they write something on the back of yours as well?

#3597 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

do you have any audits for average ball time?

+1! Get to auditing Hilton and report back!

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Music is rockin as well.

The music does rock. That's what really drew me in right out the gate. So each reactor has its own spin to the music right?

So, where are we on the production models? I'm ready for some unboxing pics!

2 weeks later
#3696 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Super excited to have Total Nuclear Annihilation arrive today! Getting it all set for this years Horrorhouse Fest! Yipeeeee

Big congrats! Just curious, what number were you?

#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure there are a few that Charlie and crew want to get out for specific people that have specific events (in this case a fellow horro fan putting on his epic annual bash

That’s certainly fine with me. I don’t mind some being out of order so people can have them for their various events. I was just wondering how many have rolled out the shop.

I really can’t remember a game I have looked so forward to since Tron was announced.

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Bug can legally drink it though if Chuck is present and approves

Is that the rule in Wisconsin? I hear people say that all the time in Louisiana and it’s not accurate here. You can’t as a third party give alcohol to someone under 21 even with parental consent...parents who come to Bourbon Street with their 20 year old children are often surprised their children can’t be served with them present.

Sorry to go off topic. Any unboxing pics or videos recently?

#3780 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure why Spooky cannot fix this as a stock build? Are they not aware of this problem

I’m sure they will. These are from the first batch. Small issues like this are always found and fixed moving forward, note AMH and how they kept improving them throughout the build to make them more robust.

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Need to get my picture of me taking a picture of Scott signing my game

What number were you tb?

1 week later
#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Finished editing another - just posted "Inside the Spooky Pinball factory during Total Nuclear Annihilation production"

Technically this would be considered “cross posting” since you posted it first in the club thread. But it’s cool as heck so no moderation.

I’m so ready for my TNA!

3 weeks later
#4028 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Some one forgot to take this home yesterday !

Alas, I had a party at my place yesterday and all my guests forgot was a cell phone charger, two diet cokes, and a quarter of a bottle of rum. I need more friends like yours!

Gosh, I’m ready for my TNA. Number 174 seems so far away.

#4045 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

#18 passed 1000 plays this weekend. So far nothing but minor fixes (mostly tightening a few things) have been required.

That's awesome! You have it on rout? Great news about the durability; Spooky does quality right!

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Wish they would go back to that way of manufacturing/ clearing playfields

Stern should try and get up to the playfield quality Spooky is showing. That Star Wars looks like an orange peel.

Anyone know what TPF game number they have shipped up to now? Number 174 keeps getting closer.

1 month later
#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why have I still not seen any one doing this with their legs/trim???

That looks awesome. Some type of powder coat?

#4516 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ha! I suppose there probably is some other term for guys that follow the band around. Phish heads or something

Roadie...the men that follow the band around are not groupies, they are roadies.

#4639 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I hope quality control is not getting rushed to get games out the door.
-Mike

The display was likely damaged in shipping, rather than being out at the factory.

1 month later
#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Did any go out this week? Keep waiting to see production volume go up, but afraid it may get even slower with AC going on the line

Are they not planning on finishing the TNAs before they commence the AC production?

#5057 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would be a sad sad boy if production slowed on TNA.

Gosh, me too. Hopefully they push back AC further so it doesn’t take up factory space and resources away from TNA.

#5066 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They are in the 3 digits!!! Woohoo! Here's to 163!

Sweet! Are you a butter cabinet or regular?

#5098 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I find this interesting. Are the butter cabinets really that much more fragile? I would expect an automotive clear coat to be more durable than vinyl decals

I don’t think fragile is the right word in this case. They are worried they will scratch them and that would be expensive to fix as compared to a decal if a decal somehow was damaged during manufacturing, it’s how I read it anyway.

2 weeks later
#5364 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m getting shaker, knocker, mirror blades and plastic protectors.
Definitely worth the wait for me. It’s the only NIB game I really want to spend the money one for now. Fair price for a game shipping with good code.

Are you still getting the butter cab too?

#5428 6 years ago

Everyone: please remember the site rules. If you plan on selling your game on Pinside please do it via a marketplace ad. You can reference it in this thread, but site rules require an ad to be taken out. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#5676 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I just ordered today, and I’m number 407. It’s going to be a long wait.

Man, 407 TNAs sold and counting! That is super impressive.

#5745 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Game #153 here.

I am interested in adding the speaker kit to my build. Think I should I contact Kayte now, or just wait until she emails me about paying? Should be coming up pretty soon, I hope.

#174 here, I emailed her last night and she responded immediately to confirm my add on. Probably best to let them know sooner rather than later in case they order parts in batches.

1 week later
#5839 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

We'll be shipping around the same time. It's gonna be a hard wait

174, so I’ll be in yalls batch as well most likely. I did the mirror blades, shakers, knocker, lit speakers as my add ons.

#5850 5 years ago

So, I bought two of trilogybeer pingulps, one bracketed for each side. I’m going to try the double facing inward look on this game.

Gosh, I’ve never been as ready to pay a bunch of money as I am now for this game!

F3E75508-88FF-44F3-AB1E-4DBDC8986A3F (resized).jpegF3E75508-88FF-44F3-AB1E-4DBDC8986A3F (resized).jpeg

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Final payment went thru fine, and I believe #139 is now on the line

Good. They will be in the 140’s soon. About how long once the game goes on the line till it then is ready to be shipped?

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got notice for delivery today

So, did it arrive? Any unboxing pics of you are too busy playing?

#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If they stuck to the 25 at a time - 150 is probably the cap so we will have a few weeks yet...

I was thinking that initially as well, but they have built some out of order (butter cabs, ops, shows) so the 150 number is not indicative of being the last of 25.

My 174 is getting close for me.

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

151 on line in the next week!

Woot woot!!!!! Congrats. They are getting close to me at 174!!!!!

1 month later
#6402 5 years ago

Number 174 made it in!

C10902FB-7B68-41C6-BDDA-814233BB35A2 (resized).jpegC10902FB-7B68-41C6-BDDA-814233BB35A2 (resized).jpegA4BE9CEB-7340-4A0D-B936-890402210248 (resized).jpegA4BE9CEB-7340-4A0D-B936-890402210248 (resized).jpeg2FD9F0FB-F6A9-416A-9BC9-2D912C8CAB5F (resized).jpeg2FD9F0FB-F6A9-416A-9BC9-2D912C8CAB5F (resized).jpeg97B6AE69-852B-4179-AFC8-00DFB0EAAB79 (resized).jpeg97B6AE69-852B-4179-AFC8-00DFB0EAAB79 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Man things must be slowing down,I’m 230 looks like I got a little while still.

Aren’t ACNC now also on the line at Spooky? Might be causing the slow down.

My wife and I are loving TNA. The co-op mode has been a tremendous hit with guests that don’t like the head to head nature/feeling of most pinball games. TNA has blown our non-Pinball guests away.

I’m in on Scott’s next game for sure. Whatever it is.

5 months later
#7184 5 years ago

I gotta say, TNA is easily the most played game in my house still. When guests come over, it is the game being played the most and this is true of pinheads and non-indoctrinated people as well.

Thanks for continuing to support the code Scott.

#7186 5 years ago

Updated the TNA code. Does the new code change how to commence co-op mode? I can’t start it now by holding down the start button?

Thanks!

#7189 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It does not change that.

I figured out the problem. This is what we installed. I can blame another Pinside moderator for it at least. Jodester ha!

BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpegBEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.