Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Location, sales tax, which guy would you like more for service, who do you connect with more?
Joe gives some sales to hospitals, Joe sometimes has $sales of couple hundred bucks off.
Chris gives discounts for military.
KT's better looking that Joe or Chris.

Clearly you've never seen Chris is a size small ladies tank top.

As you can tell, with our business model we don't have a ton of distributors. Joe and Chris are because they REALLY care, bust their a**es, and are just damn great guys for pinball in general. Both are a huge part of why Spooky is chugging along just fine. Proud to have them both as business partners.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Chris is also a BIG supporter of all the regional midwest shows and gives back bigtime to charity. He is a huge supporter of location pinball and also the MRP charity event each year.
Joe is a great dude, just did not want it to be left out that Chris is way more than just the military discount. His service is amazing also!

Please stop making me like you Hilton!

#1392 6 years ago

I may have to make this a framed piece of wall art for the ladies room at Spooky... we already have enough scary stuff on the walls in the men's room.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please submit a photo of you in similar attire so we can decide which Spooky distributor to buy from next
BangerBorat banana hammock is also acceptable

Ok... MODERATOR!!!!

2 weeks later
#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from mandraws:

Illustrators like myself care about those things, but mostly it's how the client feels about the work. In this case, Scott was the client, and he saw every step of the process. So for those who hate the art, it really doesn't matter because you can go make your own pinball machine and choose your artist and try to be happy.

Pretty sure that's the ONLY path to making everyone happy about pinball art... we do all know that art is subjective right?! It's like debating what the greatest song ever written is. You can argue as to why something you like is the best, but you can't prove a thing.

I think Matt did an INCREDIBLY good job. It's not meant to be an 80's clone... It's a modern take on a retro style game. Pretty sure they didn't have crazy full RGB or LCD screens back then either but again, things that make this project unique.

This painting sold for $11.7 million.... Do better can of soup paintings exist? Are they worth more? Does the soup taste better when the painting is worth $11.7 million bucks?

I destroyed 5 reactors late Saturday night. Best game I've ever had! Nice break from working 7 days a week... pretty sure the awesome art is why I played so well.

Warhol4 (resized).jpgWarhol4 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2160 6 years ago

The price is $5,995... you can do some upgrade stuff but a distributor decided to jump the gun and post wrong (or incomplete) info.

8 a.m. central tomorrow previous customers will get the correct info and be able to order... new interested parties will get their info later in the day or Tuesday morning depending on how Kayte can keep up on Monday.

Sorry for the confusion! I had the distributor retract his post. All will be explained tomorrow.

#2179 6 years ago

I'm being super nice to my wife (always a smart move) and going to explain a bit how tomorrow works.

At 8 a.m. central time, emails will go out to existing Spooky customers... $1,000 initial payment holds your spot, NOTHING MORE IS DUE UNTIL YOUR GAME IS DONE!!! Spots are given in the order sales are confirmed. If you want to order but be later in line for whatever reason, no problem... just let us know.

If you aren't sure you want it... WAIT! It will be at shows, it will be at friends homes. Play it, then decide. There will be even more live stream / Jack Danger goodness coming soon. The game is not limited. We'll sell it until demand dwindles then do a "last call". Could be a few months, could be a year. We really have no idea where this game will take us.

Kayte and Squirrel will be on call at 8 a.m. both in email and on the phone... you will get your game number as we confirm your sale (IN ORDER). Please don't ask for specific numbers because it's going to be chaos as it is.

WE LOVE CHECKS!!! Yep, we save money when you use them, and we will hold your spot in line for a couple weeks if you want to do us that favor (many people do this, and THANK YOU!!!). Of course we can do cards as well (including American Express now). PayPal went out the window with Preda... um, reasons beyond our control.

Need to make payments? HECK YEAH! We are flexible and do this ALL THE TIME! Just let Kayte know what you want to do and we'll build / set your game aside until you're ready for it.

New people that have signed up at shows or by email for TnA will be notified either late in the day Monday, or early Tuesday morning depending on how Monday goes. Wednesday, sales are WIDE OPEN TO EVERYBODY!

We do have some early test games already spoken for, so don't get mad if you get in at 8:01 a.m. and find out you are game #8 or something similar. We need early games in friendly hands to help set up for mass production, and basically all pinball companies do this so please don't yell at the gal on the phone.

You will see in the email a complete list of options... just look it over, figure out what suits you, and call / email Kayte to lock your spot in.

I can't begin to describe the pain caused when another company announces a new shiny toy and suddenly a small flood of people back out AFTER you already built or are in the process of building their game. It can destroy a company our size real fast. Every game made is a custom product built to your specifications... PLEASE TREAT IT AS SUCH! If you back out, you will be responsible to find a new buyer. We will help you all we can. We aren't cold heartless monsters, we are a small family owned business. We like it that way, and we hope you do as well. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We have delivered EVERY game we promised, and that's not about to change. There is no magic bucket of money here, YOU ARE THIS COMPANY'S ONLY INVESTORS! When you buy a game, we make it, and the profit is used to make everything we do better. When you see the progress in this game across the entire build, I think you'll see what we mean.

Did I mention don't yell at the gal on the phone?

I guarantee this is not the perfect way to do all this, but it's the best we have to offer right now so please understand we are doing the best we can (and try not to yell at the poor gal on the phone).

We can produce about 10 to 12 games a week, so I hope that helps you figure out time frames for delivery. GAMES WILL SHIP IN 2017!!! REALLY... we promise. Estimated production for the next year is 500 to 600 units.

Everyone at Spooky Pinball LLC can't thank you enough for the excitement on this project. I think Scott thought I was joking at Expo a year ago when I brought up making this game (again). This is completely different than anything out there... it's pinball in the purest, wildest, most exciting form in years. We are blown away by the response, and we really hope we've earned your faith and trust.

If you want something truly different, if nice matters, and if what Spooky is and stands for makes you happy... then I hope you support Total Nuclear Annihilation!!!

Thank you, and Charlie approves this message.

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can i get. Whatever email was sent out a day early from pinballstar please. Since the scoop is out, id like the details pls

No! Since you get one of the mentioned test games, you know enough already. Can't wait to see it on location in Madison!

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have you managed to take any more detail/close up pictures?

In the email blast... we'll move the hi res stuff to our website as soon as it's all out there.

#2197 6 years ago

Thanks for the patience!!! We're trying to keep up the best we can right now.

IF YOU ARE A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER AND DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL, LET US KNOW RIGHT AWAY!!! About a dozen (out of hundreds) bounced back as undeliverable.

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

news regarding an european spooky distributor

Yes, we will get this done asap! Talking now...

For Australia, it's Dom & Chris... In New Zealand, it's Rotor Dave... you can email Kayte directly for both countries, and they will coordinate the games for pick up / delivery when the time comes (all will ship together).

Thanks!

#2203 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Any update as to when production will start?

Games WILL SHIP in 2017... all we are saying for now.

#2211 6 years ago

Interior panels...

#2212 6 years ago

Interior panels... it's an all new cabinet design, so no idea what will work for mirror blades without a lot of trimming. I'm sure someone will come up with something quick.

Int_Panels (resized).jpgInt_Panels (resized).jpg

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

For the animation: I believe Scott has mentioned that the animations we have seen are placeholders and the newer animations are being worked on now that will fit with the recently revealed art work.
As for the music I believe there will be a different song for every nuclear reactor you are on.

Both are correct.... new music for each reactor, progressively harder to destroy each.

Our animator has already changed quite a few display graphics and is currently working on more.

#2220 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Spooky is the contract builder of this game.

We're calling this one a "house game"... because we love Scott and he's all family and stuff. Just like Ben Heck and AMH. Gets confusing we know.

#2223 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I believe the scoop mech has 'mantis like' protection on the interior of the hole built in.

Fairly accurate sir! But if after market (looking at you Cliffy) wants to add more external protection, that's kinda up to the owners.

#2230 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Is Spooky still doing this in runs of 50, or will they be fulfilling all the orders made this week, prior to producing Alice Cooper?

Yes, runs of 50... we are well past the first batch of 50 now. We're going to try and ship initial batch(es) of TnA PRIOR to Alice launch, but at some point we will have both on the line together (same as we did with RZ and Domino's / Jetsons).

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Ryan/AKA Night Mutilator

AKA pinball haunted houses are about as cool as it gets!!!

#2239 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

(half naked!!!) 80's amazon girl (Pam Anderson style like Barb Wire) with big uh...guns

Well this we can't wait to see!

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

When does ordering start for non-spooky customers?! I'm sweating over here!

Hoping to release later today... first thing tomorrow morning at the latest.

#2244 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Any info on the shipping cost from distributors or directly from spooky?

We charge actual shipping (R&L Freight). All games are basically drop shipped from WI so really not a difference in that department. If you like Joe or Chris, buy from them! Wanna go straight to us, that's fine too.

#2247 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

distributor for the UK

Working on that... but nothing is in place today (sadly). Trying!

#2254 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks Charlie. Do you think it would be best to hold on or order direct and arrange shipping myself?

If you want it quickly, I'd go the "you" route... if you can wait, then lets see what we can get together! Yet another joy of being a company this size. Growing pains... but they're all good ones. We just want to make sure when we go to Europe officially, everyone is happy on both sides of the pond.

#2255 6 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

TNA is how fun this game is to multi-player

That right there, is the BEST feature in this game!!! Omg we beat the daylights out of the prototype daily just because of the whole strategy (and I love ball stealing!!!)

#2257 6 years ago
Quoted from Ordinal:

For all the complaints of the length of SS games, none of mine are lasting long enough to pass the time waiting for this email...

Lol... hang in there! Doing our best... later tonight... or 8 a.m. central tomorrow if Kayte is looking fried and like she might be reconsidering a job change at work days end (which it rarely does here).

#2259 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

sounds like games are selling like hot cakes

Kayte and Squirrel are doing an awesome job of keeping up, but yep... games are moving!!!

All credit to Scott, Matt, and everyone else involved... just thrilled to be here and doing all this!

#2261 6 years ago

And as luck would have it, this just came in the mail!

100_5489 (resized).JPG100_5489 (resized).JPG

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Free shirt with purchase?! Medium for me please

Yes... if you order a shirt from Double Danger, they will send it to you... I think ya' pay for the shirt and shipping, but the love they put in... FREE!

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Should we be getting a response from emailing in an order?

If you have ANY questions at all in this regard, call Kayte... 815-541-0054

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

When can we see some pics of the underside of the playfield?

Waiting for last of production cabling to come in before we go there. Proto game is nice, but that side can be better.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Does she know numbers at this point?

Yes... for the most part. You're early in the builds, that much I can confirm.

#2282 6 years ago

HUGE thank you to everyone who put faith in this game, and made it A RECORD DAY AT SPOOKY!!!

We can't thank you enough for the patience... and I have a feeling once this game gets out there and played more, it's going to just keep going.

From our family to yours, THANK YOU. We don't take your support lightly... just glad to be here.

#2293 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's not pretty, Jay.

Pretty sure Jay and Chris are working on a calendar together right now... so we got THAT going for us.

#2294 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The existing Spooky knocker is currently listing compatibility with TNA on PBLs website. Shaker does not so may be a different offering for TNA.

I believe this to be 100% correct... shaker is just a tiny bit different in set up than it is on Rob Zombie.

Quoted from rai:

Is it possible to post some high resolution pics?

Will be on our website later today... still playing catch-up.

#2324 6 years ago

All emails have been sent to EVERYONE on all lists... Kayte is still getting swamped, but if you want to reach out to her, sales are now wide open.

Still shocked on how this is going over... but glad it's being embraced as well as it is!!! Oh, and Scott Danesi is awesome.

#2329 6 years ago

Everything Scott knows about being awesome, he learned from Jay.

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm ready to hop in my car and and go full on stalker mode and show up at Scott's house to get some gameplay in (totally kidding)!

184 Ridge Ave, Benton WI... Scott's kinda like a cat and startles easy so just come here.

Hopefully Lawrence's Pub and Eatery lets us put one of these in there too. Kinda getting crowded in the pin corner in there! Lol.

#2378 6 years ago

Just confirmed with Scott and Jack Danger... should be a blast as always!

JetsonsTNA (resized).pngJetsonsTNA (resized).png

#2407 6 years ago

Getting some confusion on this whole "build 50 at a time" thing... this means Spooky BUYS / BUILDS 50 at a time. Doesn't mean if you are game #201 we have to sell 49 more before we build yours.

There will be no gap in production times, everyone that wants a game will get one. When sales slow, we'll do a "last call" and build a final batch of 50. When will that occur? Hopefully in 2035.

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So, can you tell us how many have been ordered so far?

It officially past AMH as our 2nd best selling game of all time earlier today. Long way to catch RZ, but never say never! I think the initial sales will slow soon and pick up again as this gets out there. Playing it is the games BEST selling point!

Nice to finally be in a position to be able to let a game like this run. Wasn't an option just a couple years ago. Growth is good!

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're more awesome then Scott Danesi and Banger what's his name!!

NOBODY is more awesomer than Scott Danesi. Also, LIONMAN! Because, LIONMAN!

#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Scott Danesi said TNA *won't* be at Expo?

Hop on over to the Pinball Life open house! TnA will be there tearing it up for 2 whole days during Expo. Get some great deals, eat some snacks, play a s**t ton of pinball.

#2672 6 years ago

Jay took the car and Kayte... sure will miss that car!

Ps... it's not my car but was fun to pretend for 10 min! Kayte is still here and she's vetter than the car.

20170819_182054 (resized).jpg20170819_182054 (resized).jpg

#2683 6 years ago

20170819_214112 (resized).jpg20170819_214112 (resized).jpg

20170819_214110 (resized).jpg20170819_214110 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

the company owners are buying a house after shipping 700 games instead of 0.

Let's be clear... we are FINANCING a new house, and selling the one we've lived in for the last 20 years. Figured we better do it now before I'm Bryan Kelly's age and it hurts to do ... well, anything really.

TnA's start moving faster real quick. Just waiting for the mini pc's to arrive (hoping by Friday!)

100_5522 (resized).JPG100_5522 (resized).JPG

100_5529 (resized).JPG100_5529 (resized).JPG

100_5524 (resized).JPG100_5524 (resized).JPG

100_5528 (resized).JPG100_5528 (resized).JPG

100_5519 (resized).JPG100_5519 (resized).JPG

100_5526 (resized).JPG100_5526 (resized).JPG

100_5530 (resized).JPG100_5530 (resized).JPG

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Spooky is almost at Stern levels of announcing a game and producing it shortly after. Let's hear it for Boo-tique pinball.

Hoping when Alice Cooper is fully revealed, we have some games ready to ship BEFORE we announce it. I hate making anyone wait, and I hate sitting on $ even more. Kind of a necessary thing at our level, but working crazy hard to reduce that as much as possible.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Will there be a home version for us financially challenged?

We don't want to remove a thing from Scott's original game.

This game might be more bang for the buck than anything out there. We weren't blowing smoke when we said we ate money to keep the price down on this one. It's really expensive to build, but we want as many people to get to enjoy it as possible! Scott, Spooky, and every vendor involved helped do all we can to make this something really special for those willing to give it a chance.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah....but when's mine going to be done!!

Your playfield is next up... your "Butter Cabinet" gets done tomorrow along with the Butter game we are taking to the Pinball Life Open House. Jeepers old man... "are we there yet, are we there yet"...

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It's already been done and provided to you. We can only assume you forgot, which we've been told is common at your age.
Brad

Brad is sharp... probably because he's much younger than Bryan.

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

In that vein, considering it uses lots of standard Bally/Williams (compatible) parts, I would love_ to see a complete parts list, so I can include TNA in the parts search at http://moll.no/pinball/parts/. Would that be possible, spookycharlie?

All mechanical parts will be available at Pinball Life and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. When we have time to document all this for public record, we'll do our best. We're 5 games deep, and 1 email is all it takes to ever find out what ya' need if something breaks.

#3468 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Thanks 10 years from now i don't want to pay $800 for an nos proc and be in the same boat as the pin 2000 guys now with the motherboard/processor.

Pinball Life will also be a supplier for the TnA boards if you'd like to grab spares... it's a tried and true product and REALLY robust! Scott and I have both tried to murder them in various ways. It can be done but you REALLY gotta screw up.

#3470 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

we get to leverage higher volume manufacturing and pass on savings to everybody.

I hope we get to help you with that leverage A BUNCH Gerry!!! So far, so great.

The bottom side of the playfield may look intimidating, but trust me... if I can figure it out, smart people will get it fast. Between Gerry's product and Scott's use of it, just nothing but goodness in this game. Very stable, very reliable, very robust.

Quite a few of the first 10 games are going on location. We'll have one at Lawrence's here in Benton beating the daylights out of it as well.

Back to work... more TnA's coming VERY soon!

1 month later
#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hoping we may get some other friends from team Spooky to swing over for some fun. I will offer to buy Ben Heck a beer...

How come he gets beer?! We actually assembled this thing!

Count me in. If Bug isn't off being a crazy teenager I'll bring him so Spooky actually has a good player on hand.

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

#7 has been delivered.

Looks like a pizza and pinball kinda day!

Six more wrapped up and ready to roll out the door right now... starting to get quicker now that the minions are sorting out the new system!

#3808 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Pay the designer and manufacturer $5 each and they will not only deliver your game, but they will also set it up for you.

They will if you're as genuinely nice (don't let the cranky old guy routine fool you) as Bryan and his wife Deb... Let's just say that new game production is insanely intense, and Scott & I both had a rough week getting things up to par. There are ALWAYS surprises in early production no matter how well prepared you think you are.

So to take 3 games to 3 really good friends, spend a good 24 hours just remembering WHY we wanted to do all this in the first place, and wish a good friend a happy 40th birthday while visiting an insanely cool place (aka Tilt Pinball Bar)... much needed, and actually a bit of de-stress relief.

Some of our absolute best friends on this planet are pinball people. Just getting to hang out with them and actually play a few games... what it's all about right there.

To all our MN friends... thanks for once again making us feel at home.

#3810 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Looks like I'll be adding on those speaker panels to my order once they are available.

That was just a set of stainless speaker covers we proto'd this week... wait till you see the rest of it!

And the pop bumper washer adjustment mentioned previously has already been done. If you gap the switch close it really isn't an issue but the washer trick just makes that less critical for a snappy hit.

We really do care! I think those beautiful full color glossy apron / instruction cards i always forget until the last minute even come in tomorrow.

4 weeks later
#4047 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

#18 passed 1000 plays this weekend. So far nothing but minor fixes (mostly tightening a few things) have been required.

Nothing makes us happier to hear.

Oh, and here's a little eye candy for everyone patiently waiting out there. Hoping to have another 25 out the door by end of next week (maybe a tick faster).

Always some hiccups at game mfg launch to sort out, but we're getting there!

20171204_145446 (resized).jpg20171204_145446 (resized).jpg

20171204_145456 (resized).jpg20171204_145456 (resized).jpg

20171204_145502 (resized).jpg20171204_145502 (resized).jpg

20171204_145512 (resized).jpg20171204_145512 (resized).jpg

20171204_145516 (resized).jpg20171204_145516 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4132 6 years ago

Small flood of games left yesterday... more leaving today. MOST if not all of the first 75 should be done by the 1st.

Numbers aren't always 100% accurate. We have 9 games done for Australia... later numbers are in there because it's crazy expensive to not ship them all at once. 3 went to Germany yesterday as well. Butter cabinets tend to get done in groups because of cure time / handling them with kid gloves.

More TnA leaving today! Always a few hiccups in early production and we're no different. Hired 2 new guys to speed things up in the last few weeks and off we go again.

#4137 6 years ago

Yep... right now it's 8 to 10 per week, which is where we kinda need to be. If sales get any more heavy, we'll hire and increase that. TnA is working towards being our biggest seller to date. With Alice right behind it, we've got some thinking to do.

GREAT problems to be solving... and we will.

#4142 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My best guess is that as more go out, then more will sell (as people play those ).

100% right you are! Every single time we've shipped a batch, more orders come in. Every time a new location game gets on route, we get orders with people telling us "I got to play it at..."

The game is the best salesman we have. Just great to see a game this unique making a splash out there!

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Beer may have been involved too.

He assaulted Kayte's squirrel and turtle!!!

I can't wait to move and clean up the yard with a giant concrete Lionm*n statue (censored in case you can't say Lionm*n in this thread).

#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Was any additional info (pricing, availability, install option during production) released on this product?

Not yet... not quite as simple as it looks right now. Anything we do like this needs to be tested completely and super simple to install.

We'll figure it out soon. I get to spend some time with Scott again tomorrow, and that's always a good thing.

#4159 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Game #30 is on the floor at Pints & Pixels and playing great!

And a customer walked in, played it, and ordered one already.

Thanks for the support Pints & Pixels, and everyone else who is buying or just giving TnA some love... this has already been a wild ride and I think it's just getting started!!!

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing.

Rascal beat me to it!

Bunch of them went out last week, trying hard to get as many out this week for Christmas as we can.

#4201 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

That was me, didn't even finish one ball and I was in "gonna buy this machine" mode. Went right back to my office and emailed Spooky.

We kinda consider this the highest compliment we can get!

Thanks a ton for the faith.

3 weeks later
#4392 6 years ago

Remember patient pinball dudes & dudettes... game numbers are a bit misleading. Butter cabinets get run in batches, overseas games have to go together, and some pinball show / operator games line jumped a bit to help get more games where people can play them (like INDISC).

Just inspected and cleared 4 more games this morning!

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I was however under the impression that machines would be built in order in “batches” depending on your order number.

And they will be as much as possible.

We aren't selling games out the back door to vendors, we aren't letting game #100 go before game #50 because we like somebody better, we aren't doing ANYTHING shady.

If we fill all the home orders first, operators get pissed. If we don't get games to operators, those who want to play on location (many of which are potential buyers) get pissed. If we don't get games to shows that are counting on them for attendees to play... EVERYONE AT THAT SHOW gets pissed. If we send a dozen games to Australia... doesn't make it even possible to ship them 1 at a time in order. They MUST go in a container all at once or the shipping costs go through the roof.

And this is just scratching the surface of what we deal with on a daily basis.

Doing our best. Never going to be a perfect system for any of this.

#4417 6 years ago

I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.

We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.

Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.

I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.

The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!

All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

#4423 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The more exposure TnA gets, the more games will be sold. The more games sold, the more employees Spooky can responsibly hire and ramp up production. Perhaps by this logic, you will get your game faster!

This guy gets it!

Great job Noob Noob.

#4444 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Let's keep things friendly.

Couldn't agree more! It's pinball... it's fun! We're not going anywhere, and we take the "I want mine now" stuff as a compliment to what Scott has made.

After the minor early production hiccups, games are moving out at a very steady pace. Again, anyone who wants to visit the shop... we've pretty much got an open door policy here. Just don't ask me if you can "see Alice Cooper" or "what is your next game". We kinda get that a lot.

BF (resized).JPGBF (resized).JPG

#4448 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I can't drive 12 hours just for spotted cow.

We know people who do!

Seriously, I'm not offended by any of this... Trying to keep everyone happy all the time is a tall order, but we really do care and try.

On the bright side, nobody remembers those first 2 years here better than I do... and having people wanting their games quicker is a WHOLE LOT BETTER than wondering how we're going to stay afloat if games don't start selling.

Quoted from johnnyutah:

Pretty much sums it up. Keep the communication flowing and all is good. I see all sides here personally.

THANK YOU!!! So do we. Can't wait to get that game to you, and we will.

#4454 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

If I had a complaint you’d hear directly from me.

Yep... all good sir!

And I like hearing that our RZ game isn't the worst thing ever... I'm still proud of what it became, and yes we were fully aware it wasn't going to suit everyone.

Alice ... whole different animal. Stay tuned, going to be a wild ride.

Happy Friday! Get out there and play some of those location TnA's or hop to your buddy's house and play there. Fun times!

1 month later
#5087 6 years ago

Let me clear some things up...

We're doing per average 8 to 10 games per week. We're hiring to increase that, but then we begin to out run some of our vendors, who are also working to increase their capacity. It's not an easy thing to manage to say the least. We aren't Stern or JJP and we're never going to be... we like where we're at.

The latest batch of butter cabinets is assembled and in production now. We do them all at once because damn you have to be careful and it's also a lot more work to produce the actual cabinets.

We've built over 120 now... the intent is to build as many TnA's as possible BEFORE Alice Cooper hits production in late May / Early June (best estimate).

We set a goal of building 300 Rob Zombie games in 18 months and publicly announced that... we did it in 16 months, AND had Domino's on the line at the same time. There will be some overlap of TnA and Alice. Nightmare Castle is a contract licensed game and timelines have to be honored.

It's not perfect folks, but we're doing everything we can here to reduce wait times for everyone.

#5188 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

For those keeping score at home...#109 sans butter here but still no word.

I know where that one is!!!

#5191 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

What, no pimp hat and glasses for min Kuato Charlie???

Just a fedora please. I'm not the rock star Scott is.

Back to working on Alice! Holy hell is pinball hard.

#5198 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

That’s funny, my lockdown bar receiver says the same thing!

They all do... literally inspected every game that has ever left here. I care and stuff!

Summer help will be back and we'll keep everything moving as fast as we can. TnA is still solo on the line and will be for a while... hoping to get it fairly caught up before Alice starts rolling. Tall task to say the least with it still selling well!

Ahhhhhh yes, the growing pains of a small pinball company. Good problems, but still problems.

1 week later
#5293 6 years ago

Are we proud of Scott and our little team over here in Benton? Yep... sure am!

Getting caught up from TPF... TON of games to inspect and ship! I'm on it.

100_5648 (resized).JPG100_5648 (resized).JPG

100_5649 (resized).JPG100_5649 (resized).JPG

#5367 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Their big mistake IMHO is the the $1K deposit....they should make it $250 and fully refundable.

So we buy enough product to build 100 (or more) games because we have orders, then some shiny new object comes along and we have thousands invested in games that you changed your mind on and backed out of? No faster way to go out of business than that.

We've stiffed exactly zero people and that's not about to change. Once we get to a level of security that we can REDUCE the initial payment (not a deposit), I will be thrilled to do that. Getting closer every day. We don't have the capitol that the bigger companies have behind them... never have. Our investors are our customers.

If we could build 50 games a week we'd sell 1,000 of these fast. We can't... and I have zero desire to ramp Spooky to that level. Once you get there, you have to feed that monster company forever. Your suppliers do too... not to mention 100 other things that have to fall into place.

What we do isn't perfect, but it's secure and much lower risk. Anyone who wants to visit our shop is welcome to do so... ANYTIME! We are honest, up front, and bust our collective a**es.

Eventually we'll catch up to demand and TnA waits will be much smaller. A hit game on our hands is a GREAT problem to have.

Proud of our company and team.

2 weeks later
#5643 6 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

25 machines a month

Aiming for that every 2 weeks, 50 a month. We're admittedly a little short of that right now. Between 10 and 12 a week but gaining speed.

Doing our best...

Now how the hell am I ever gonna get to Chunk level?! And what does that even mean now????

#5654 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

need speaker lights for sure on this...

Coming VERY soon!!! I promise. Parts are all finally here and we just need to get the kits assembled.

MGC this weekend, and we'll get after it early next week.

1 month later
#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For those who like bling, Mustangpaul's leg light ups in purple look FANTASTIC on this game.

Ok... not really a fan of excessive mods... but DAMN! Those just fit the art and game. SICK!!! I love it. Nice job to whoever made them.

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For those concerned about the LCD, take some time to adjust it with the controls on the back panel before replacing it. I adjusted gamma, brightness, and a little contrast and it improved the image dramatically.

Gamma is the big one... it does make a big difference. But... it's all on how tall you are, lighting, etc etc.

Tweak around with the settings and it really does make a big difference!

2 months later
#6735 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

you may just want to do it yourself.

1st off... really sorry you had this happen. We'll get you a new set to make it right.

We've personally installed more than 125 games worth of mirror blades to date. With 2 per game, having 1 set too high is .004%. Unless they set both of them too high then it's .008%. Damn human workers!

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

TNA has started to fire out balls when it shouldn’t - what would cause this? There is no switch matrix or active switch debug so hard to find what this might be?

As Mr. Panda stated, check the trough switches... also, and this may sound silly but it's happened more than once, be sure you have exactly 4 balls in the game.

As always, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly for service questions. We get a ton of emails lost because people use "support" at Spooky, "tech" at Spooky, etc etc. Wrong addresses get here somehow (how I don't know but they eventually filter through) but it can take days.

The correct address is: [email protected]

Quoted from xbmanx:

e. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to fix this?

1st target drop down switch needs an adjustment I suspect.

#6738 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Would the best way to remove the old mirrors be to heat them up a little bit with a heat gun to loosen the tape?

We've only had to remove 1 set here... my guys just slowly worked them out with brute minion force.

The cabinets are all lined with black laminate, so I'd be afraid the heat from a heat gun might warp that or also loosen the glue that holds the material in place. The fish line trick sounds viable to me.

1 month later
#7021 5 years ago
Quoted from LoneStarPinball:

My daughter wishes to lodge a complaint. She thinks her 8 seconds to destroy reactor 2 during coop play should have beat my 17 seconds during single play.

I'm on her side... and that also beats everything I've done to date on the game!!!

5 months later
#7206 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

both Charlie and KT reached out with an assurance that if it gets worse they will do something.

And we have and will continue to do so. We hate that any of this happened, but everyone who has contacted us has been helped.

And I can assure you that much bigger companies margins are MUCH better than ours, so sending out a replacement board doesn't hurt them nearly as much as it does us (or the vendor making them). Fortunately, the vast majority of people were satisfied with the neoprene washer fix and we thank them profusely for understanding the situation. For those who needed more, they got that too.

If you start pulling star posts from virtually any game you're going to see some level of "damage" under there in ALL eras of games. Obviously this was beyond normal and we didn't hide from Pinside and pretend it didn't exist like many would or have. And we're not knocking anyone else ANYWHERE for playfield issues. Absolutely EVERY company has had them to 1 degree or another. It is simply the most complicated and hardest part of manufacturing in a pinball machine. We spare ZERO dollars trying to make our boards the best in the industry, and they have for the most part lived up to our expectations.

The problem HAS been corrected, and we aren't hard to find. Doing our best everyone... every day.

#7207 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Earplug mod that sukka.

I swear it's swinging exactly in time to the music!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=SpookyCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.