Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Not at 7k! No way! This needs to be the first (full featured) 5k pin to come out.

Quoted from Whysnow:

5k is NEVER going to happen.

Seriously, Scott needs to get on here and school Pinside as to why this pin (on its current path) will never be a 5K pin. People need to understand that is not your, run of the mill, single level pinball machine. This is a very special machine that people need to see and play to understand. You may not think a single level old school looking machine could be worth 7k+, but I can tell you that this game is as fun (if not more fun) than a lot of the current games being offered today. That is saying A LOT considering the game isn't even finished yet.

2 weeks later
#234 2 years ago

I must one-up you!

IMG_3917 (resized).PNG

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Mind you, last time I was at your house you had a whole pin in your closet!
A Gottlieb Going Nuts no less!!!
rd

I am willing to bet that wasnt the only closet that had a pin in it. If he can fit a game in there he will!

2 weeks later
#560 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hurry up Scott, I want to see Fiero Fever

I thought it was Fast and Fieroest? Did he change the name again??

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

For sure. When ordering in larger quantities you can expect to shave ~15% off retail.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

You only offer your customers 15% discount on large bulk orders? Geez Aaron, loosen up the purse strings a little bit.

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

LOL. Well, the topic was not on our hardware.

I gotta ask man, if this topic isn't about your product then why are you posting what people can expect for discount percentages? They surly can't be based on P-ROC discounts because how the hell would you know what Gerrys margins are? So one can only assume you were talking about your own margins which you confirmed by posting more about your product in this thread. That was the point of my post. I didn't ask what your margins are nor does that even have any place in this thread. I was just poking fun at you. I didn't expect you to open up even more about it! Lol.

2 weeks later
#676 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Leave it to Spooky to show Stern the market exists for an early 80's-like game with simpler rules and gameplay, but with modern touches.
...queue the classic Stern "vault-editions" once this baby becomes a roaring success.

Yeah, but the rules and game play are far from simple. It just appears that way.

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like from the original 90's PC game?

Correct. Atari, just renewed the Total Annihilation license for that game in Feb of this year, so to stay out of trouble, they have changed the name. Although it will always be TA to most of us.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know from what game the original cab was stolen for the proto?

Dolly Parton

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really? That's great. On the podcast it sounded like it was the standard cab - maybe they meant a modified version.

It is a modified version of Spooky's cabinet. It will look great when finished!

1 week later
#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

and don't feel like what we've seen really matches the expressed vision.

That's weird, I feel the exact opposite. You know why that is? Because every ones perception is different. If you and I were both in 1980 and had to determine what the future would look like in 50 or 100 years our answers would be completely different. This is Scott's vision and this is what he perceives our leading lady thinks the future will look like. Its not wrong or right, but what I can tell you is that it EXACTLY matches his expressed vision. I mean its his vision for gods sake. How can it not meet it?

I for one think the art looks fantastic and I cant wait to see the rest of it.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Would you so called "loving friends" really let him make a foolish mistake just so you could protect his feelings???

Foolish mistake? Says who, you? If you are going to let some petty differences, in what you feel the art direction should be, keep you from buying this kick ass and super fun to play machine, then so be it. I am sure Spooky will not miss your money. For every person that feels like you there is someone else that feels the opposite.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

When he decided to produce this game with Spooky, he entered the world of business and when business people don't listen to their potential customers, the outcome is usually poor. I am less concerned about the backglass as I will just have another one made, but if the playfield art sucks, I am out. That's how it goes when you are paying $6000+ for a game. How many times have we seen this???? Don't repeat the mistakes of others.......There are a lot of people who don't like this art and feel it doesn't fit the game.

So now that he's a "business" person he should only listen to those that are not happy with what they see? Why shouldn't Scott/Spooky listen to me? I love the art! Should they only listen to those that hate it? Come on man. Quit being so narrow minded and look at the bigger picture.

It blows my mind that there are people that would take the game with sharpie shit scribbled all over the playfield but are bitching about the art direction they have chosen. I mean its not like the art is a complete shit show (it's quite the opposite).

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I didn't understand the part of the interview where Scott said there would be one version of the backglass with the scores and one without (in case they needed to cost out the score displays). He later said the scores would be lined up below the backglass. So you wouldn't really need another version, right?

The backglass shown here is the version they would use if they have to cut out the alpha displays due to cost. There is a second one in development which will include the display openings which will all be aligned along the bottom of the backglass. This second backglass will look just like this one, only with the addition of display openings. They are in the works on having a cost effective version of the alpha displays made. If it works out the backglass show here will not be needed. They are just trying to cover all their bases.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

But where would the 17" TFT screen go?

It will be below the backglass in the speaker panel. Just like the Jetsons pin, but bigger opening for LCD display.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

So they're ditching the old '78 Bally cabinet-style?

Yes. It will be in a modified Spooky cabinet.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

curious.......... What is the pitch (how many degrees) set on this game as plays faster than 80's games

I am not sure if this will change with the new cabinet, but I don't think the pitch was ever altered on the Dolly Parton cabinet. So whatever the pitch was in 78 is, I am pretty sure, what it is running now.

EDIT: Have more specific info that answers your question better. The POC game (in Dolly cab) is set at 6 degrees. The production game will be set at 6.5 degrees. This can be adjusted back to 6 or up to 7 if your feeling extra LIONMAN.

1 month later
#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Thanks fuckers

Love how this pic is showing stuff that's never been seen before, but its just enough out of focus to not give any of it away. Lol. Brilliant!

1 month later
#2073 2 years ago

TnA of course!

1 week later
#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I love that you're humble, knowledgeable, and passionate. You are super talented, yet no ego whatsoever. Much respect!

It's all an act. Scott is actually a jerk. I hear he likes to destroy SOFs behind closed doors. Oh wait.......

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It'd be fun if the game recognized this and gave you some special display/award

Sneaky super jackpot. I like it.

#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I will say that it's probably the best multiplayer game I've ever encountered. We were playing it for dollars last night and had an absolute blast!

That's because you were the one winning them! Lol. Actually, this game is so fun that you don't even mind loosing your money while playing it. I certainly didn't.

Quoted from Mocean:

If that's who I think it is in the background, y'all better check on your Swords of Fury machines...

Hey now, there wasn't even a SOF there. I checked.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm going to have Scott sign my game , and I am going to take a picture of Scott signing my game . And I am going to have someone take a picture of me taking a picture of Scott signing my game .

You mean something like this?

IMG_3917 (resized).PNG

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only thing that could top it... somone retheming it into a 90s nerd boy obsession over a vampire chick

I'm taking that as a complement! Thanks!

1 week later
#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those that have played with a shaker motor installed, would it be a worthwhile upgrade or does the sub chamber and sound overpower it?

Quoted from lpeters82:

I think the sound in this case almost makes up for it not having a shaker motor. I think you will feel the game either way;

Actually the whole purpose of the sub chamber is to direct the bass out of the cabinet and not rattle the entire machine. So the shaker is definitely not lost in the sound on this game. I believe the shaker is well worth the investment.

2 months later
#3999 2 years ago

Was doing some cleaning in my basement and found this. Anyone know what game it is for?
0A1A7A6E-FFD0-4122-A291-CCFE8E9E0132 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside