Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 7 years ago

So many experts in this thread! I'm sure there will be 10x new TAs built by by morning all across the country at this rate.

It would be nice if a thread could stay civil for a change. It's quite fair to say that you wouldn't want to pay $xxxx for a machine, or even that you wouldn't want it for free.

I find it extremely rude to sit back and tell someone how much their machine should cost in parts alone (and speculating on those parts at that!), and give the original creator no compensation for his time? Design? Code? Audio work? Video work?

Honestly it just seems rude to me. If Scott were ever so lucky as to sell his machine, I would recommend he price it at whatever he sees fit, and that those who were theoretically able to buy it would be lucky to do so.

#147 7 years ago

We can finally put the name issue to rest.

Scott and I have discussed it and agreed the new name will be Starcraft.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are remaking Torpedo alley? Awesome. that game is a good time. Hope they change all the standups to drops.

1 week later
#208 7 years ago

A star is born

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

MGC 2017 best in show , best new game of the year catagory.

Scott deserves it. Fun, rocking, and crazy addictive game.

#480 7 years ago

Sorry you didn't get Buffy. Seems It doesn't resonate with a lot of people for some reason or another. There is a lot of code in there. It's not easy for someone to learn a game like Buffy in that setting, no doubt. At TPF I saw a few guys hopping on one of the machines repeatedly to explore the rules, which makes me happy.

Anyway, it's not a competition in our point of view. Everyone in the P-ROC custom area is on the same team. I built the SkeletonGame framework leveraging the code I built Buffy on. Scott uses SkeletonGame and gives back to that codebase. We all use Matt's amazing metal work in some way or another.

Let's kill this notion that there's beef that TA was robbed. No one cares about Buffy. In many ways the best custom in show award is really a second place award to Scott's very well deserved "most likely to actually be built by Spooky pinball". Scott rules and we are a happy family.

Quoted from Frax:

Pretty sure that's accurate, John. It's a rule I can understand and have maaaaybe about 5% disagreement with. "Complete" is kind of in the eye of the beholder ESPECIALLY when it comes to rules and code. If the thing is physically complete, has art and a final layout, and a fun ruleset in place, I don't think there's any reason to hold it back.
Buffy, for example, looked great, interesting layout, but I felt the shots were TERRIBLE, or the way it was sitting was terrible, and I played both of them. No clear goals in the code IMO, shots frequently returned STDM on perfectly made shots....just not even fun to play for me (Sorry if you post here, whoever is responsible for that thing..it just didn't vibe with me, which should be fine. I heard a TON of praise for it at the show, which is the only reason I played it in the first place...I know absolutely NOTHING about the show!) I'm sure it was in contention for BiS, but if I was a judge, it never would have won for those reasons. Which is probably why I'll never be a judge...among a million other reasons. ;P

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Will it run on P3 or Spooky platform?

It currently runs on the p3-roc controller board.

Technically, the p3 is the name of Multimorphic's pinball platform --the one that runs Lexy, Cannon Lagoon, Heads Up, Grand Slam Rally, ROCs...

The only reason I'm bothering to be picky about the naming is that Scott has talked about designing a P3 playfield module/game at some future point.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I sure hope they can figure out a way to get it on Spooky/Ben Heck board. As I understand it, that could save them lots of $$$ in hardware.

I hear that if he can find a way to get it EM style driving a laserdisc player they could save $$$$$$$$!!

Fingers crossed you guys.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

LOL. Well, the topic was not on our hardware. I didn't want to put Gerry in a bind if he didn't cut deeper than that. Our new bundle pricing sits just under 15% off when ordering 1 bundle.

At larger runs, we see a significant drop in our manufacturing cost in large runs and we pass those savings on to you!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Seems the trend of posting pinball financial data isn't going to end any time soon...

Seriously, though. This is about as on-topic as me posting the complete ruleset for Buffy here. Then again, I'd probably get thumbs down if I did that...anywhere

2 weeks later
#714 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure everyone "in the know" will just call it TA and the TNA name is the official name to keep the lawyers at bay.

Let's face it, there's already enough legal action in the pinball community these days. No reason to go fishing for more.

Knowing Scott, I would imagine putting his name in the title would make him wildly uncomfortable, and so ...I'm now all for it!! Take that you nauseatingly modest SOB!!

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

No need to throw iron man under the bus

Preferences are so ...personal.

I recommend everyone who's honestly considering a purchase to get to a show where TA is going to be so you can experience it for yourself.

And if there isn't a show near you that Spooky is attending (and bringing TA) hit them up and let them know.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i was just gonna say this should just but a 4.99 app instead

Wake me up when it's $1.

1 week later
#898 6 years ago

I really dig this art style. Mandrews is the man.

I'll wait until I see the whole package before I judge whether or not it's out of place. It is not what I was expecting on this game.

To me this feels somewhat reminiscent of N64 box art, which is a complement in my book. I'm getting a Perfect Dark vibe.

#1015 6 years ago

In the Spooky podcast interview, Scott was clear that originally he was building the game for himself alone, and was building the game that he wanted to build. A lot of people liked what they saw, including Charlie, and they agreed to make Scott's game under the Spooky label.

They aren't trying to make the game with the widest appeal. They are making Scott's game. If you were expecting something other than what Scott is designing and you don't like what he's doing, well I'm sure that's a bummer, for you -- but that's never what was promised. If you're a custom game builder/designer, or in any creative field, I hope you've got the same deep respect for Charlie (and everyone at Spooky) that I do. I have nothing but respect for those guys, for trusting Scott and letting Scott do his thing. I'm super excited by what I've seen so far.

Like others who have posted here, I feel the strange need to post random images of things I like, and that I wish the game looked like:

2 weeks later
#1187 6 years ago

Scott is awesome. Spooky is awesome. Things are happening...

Oh. NEW info? No.

1 week later
#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I feel the initial excitement for this title from 3 months ago has lost some of its momentum.

I think that pinside/the Internet is brutal when it comes to the short attention span for games. It's not just TNA.

Relative to the amount of time spent developing new games, the amount of time that it takes for people to stop discussing them on forums, or to complain that they need something new is staggeringly short. It's hard to argue with, though; at some point, if you're not physically playing the game, there's only so much you can say about it.

I believe that TNA is at SFGE this weekend, so I'm sure we will see a lot of new posts of "renewed interest" very soon.

1 month later
#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

A pink plasma cap is gonna look SICK on this

Probably not, because that pop is lit with an rgb led that is part of the whole lampshow color experience.

Quoted from Aurich:

I wish they'd give me one for free because I'm so cool, but it turns out they gotta pay the bills.

Wow. I didn't even have the balls to ask if I could get a *discount*...

Game looks PERFECT.

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Do you think the sound helps or hurts TNA on route? A big part of TNA experience is the sound and I love it. But I have got to imagine it would drive location employees crazy hearing it day-in day-out over and over. I'm guessing they turn the sound down on route which ultimately takes away from the TNA experience.

The sound will help draw people in to the game and enjoy it when they are playing it. As someone who has been fortunate enough to be next to the game for a few days here and there at shows: yes, the music gets stuck in your head, but in a good way.

Another thing to consider about games on location, you're going to be hearing the sounds all day no matter what. I still have a strong nostalgic connection to the "rock rock rockin' roller games!" sound/voice clip from hearing it from all the way down on the other side of the arcade at the mall (as a teen) while playing SF2: World Warrior. I played pins too, but not there. I don't think I ever played that rollergames once...

2 weeks later
#2551 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

at the end of Thursday's stream Scott reviewed some audit stats. in particular, he cited the average ball time was :42. i documented each ball, but arrived at :54. i double checked my math and am certain the :54 is more accurate and that some glitches still exist in the game software. for comparison, i also tracked the jetsons times which were 66.5 seconds. surprisingly close. thought jetsons was going to be longer and TNA shorter. longest ball on TNA was 2:58; jetsons 4:27.

Are you counting ball time starting when the ball leaves the trough and closes the shooter lane switch or when the shooter lane switch goes open because the ball is entering the playfield?

Do you consider ball time ending when the ball hits the trough or when the bonus sequence is over?

#2704 6 years ago

If that's who I think it is in the background, y'all better check on your Swords of Fury machines...

#2818 6 years ago

And here's rehearsal. You can tell there were a lot of changes made in the final performance.

IMG_2992 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPG

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It appears Mrs. Danesi is taking a pic of Mr. Danesi's ass.

Can you blame her??

#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I don't know, some inside joke I guess, but I am getting pretty tired of it.

The 1988 Williams pinball machine, Swords of Fury, includes artwork that depicts a LIONMAN on the backglass, a LIONMAN on the playfield, and has a promenient voice call out "LIONMAN!". The game also has an awesome soundtrack and has increased in popularity among the pinside audience drastically over the last five years. Some people are unamused by the LIONMEME, while others get upset by it, which may or may not make it that much funnier to LIONMEN.

Given the recent lovefest for SoF any negative opinion of SoF is now considered a criminal act, and rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile. Rest assured that the wholesome TNA project has no affiliation or relationship with such heinous villainy.

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Then how are you still here?

um... work visa?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=Mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.