Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 7 years ago

Just watched 20 mins of the dead flip stream. I was like, pffftt no ramps what is this nonsense. 5 mins into the stream and im like, i have to play this! Looks freakin sweet. Well done Scott. Go Spooky! Get me one under <$6k shipped please

Side note: does it have shaker support? If not, any plans to add? the slings and pop bumper could really add a nice effect while playing.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

If it keeps you coming back for more, which I think this game will, why not?

I agree. I was watching more of the dead flip stream last night and just observing people's reactions when the game was over, they were like kids on crack - You could just tell in their minds they were thinking, 'game is over, let's play again, let's play again, who's gonna press start, someone press start, let's play again, let's play again'. Even dead flip was hooked on getting one player games in to try and blow the game up.

And I think someone mentioned here that once the stream went offline and everyone could play any game, they still just kept plugging away at TA. Fast, furious, smooth, simple yet compelling, challenging, etc... that's the formula for great and addicting games. So whether spooky picks this title up or not, Scott did a fantastic job building and designing it and should be very proud. I can't wait to see what comes next for TA. Well done.

3 weeks later
#363 7 years ago

Shits gettin' real. Good luck and warp speed!

3 weeks later
#697 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

"Total Nuclear Annihilation" is too much, sounds odd. Just make it "Nuclear Annihilation" and be done with it.

Nuclear Annihilation does sound better

EDIT: but the TNA abbreviation is better. Can't we just call it TNA Annihilation - TNAA

2 weeks later
#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've just been lurking, haven't really had anything to say about this - but seriously, people are ragging on this art? I like the translite. It's appealing, it has a cute appealing character. It gives you a sense of the tone/setting/story very nicely.
This appealing comic book style is what games like Lexi SHOULD have gone for instead of the "I'm mad and I look like I'm taking a dump" boring attempt at "edgy".
Scott is awesome, Matt is awesome, and I hope they don't listen to a damn thing you guys are saying.

'Here 'here! Art looks awesome, game looks awesome. Best of luck to Scott, Matt, Charlie in bringing this game altogether. Can't wait.

3 months later
#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I sometimes wonder about 'enthusiasm' at these events after all Jetsons looks meh and yet they're going to say it's 'fun', they really have to. But I sincerely believe TNA is real fun and I'm buying before I've played it, because I've scarcely heard a bad thing about it.
The idea that the Jetsons costs the same as TNA that's rediculious.
I am glad to support Spooky and think Stern has lost its track lately with both QC and creativity while changing more money.

They're always gonna have fun on streamed events and in no way shape form going to dog a game they were brought in to advertise. But there was an elevated sense of excitement in the room, chat, and home observing when TNA was being played compared to other past DF streams of other new pins.

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am pretty sure you can Overheat a reactor and blow up a reactor while in multiball.
But I dont think you can qualify, or start a reactor while in multiball.

Would be cool if there was a bonus multiball in the game that kept all the board rules live (except the main multiball). Maybe after destroying reactor 5, or a certain # of combos, or something.

5 months later
#4844 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I was going to say the same thing. Star Wars is so far removed from being casual friendly... it's too damn complicated.
Hell, I still have to look up rules on Stern games like ACDC and I've owned it for almost 4 years... forget trying to explain the rationale behind scoring to a novice.
Modern manufacturers are trying to give a game longevity by giving it the rules equivalent to the Iliad and Odyssey. When the reality is the shots, playfield art, and - for the most part - movement of the ball is all the same. By trying to appeal to the tournament player mentality, they are alienating the vast majority of casual players.

I'm not a tournament player and i love deep strategic games like GOT, SW, TWD, WOZ, etc... More food for thought: Lyman, Dwight/Ritchie, & Keefer games seem to require many many plays of deep thinking, understanding, and/or reading a novel to understand their games. While others, like Lonnie, focus on the simple rules of pinball. With so many pins too choose from these days, the diversity is a very nice appeal for home owners IMO.

As for TNA and topic at hand; i still need to get down to Ayce and give it a roll. I love what i see from all the streams though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.