Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

From what I've seen, I love the gameplay, sound, and lighting of this game. However, I am a little disappointed if the artwork goes in the direction of what I've seen thus far. I know it is up to the designer, but I envision something more sci-fi nuclear meltdown themed with serious deep color graphics as opposed to girl themed anime-ish looking stuff. I can only speak for myself, but I know there is a large percentage of pinheads who will purposefully stay away from certain titles just because of the theme no matter how great the pin is otherwise. Perfect example for me is Alice in Wonderland. I played this pin at TPF, and it is incredible. However, there is a zero chance that I will every own this machine (assuming I was willing to spend the cash). Outside of my wife, there are no other girls in the household, and I just can't see owning and having buddies over to play a pin with red slipper flippers.
Regardless, I believe that this pin will have a market, and I love that there are people and companies such as Spooky producing and actually delivering on creative titles. As in most arenas, competition for our pinball dollars is a good thing, and keeping the big boys on their toes benefits everyone.

1) There's thousands of post bitching abaout the Star Wars design... and still buying one.

2) The colorful and slightly Anime-ish style stands totally out (and a character is a way better Focal point then a city alone, something easyliy compareable if you hold the old and the new style Houdini backglass side-by-side).

For me TNA went from 'interested' to 'must buy' (if the import price is not totally off the charts) with the art reveal.

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Designers can't please everyone all the time, and quite frankly I would prefer that the creatives stay true to their vision as opposed to appeasing the masses. [...] Funny, I just noticed your avatar - makes sense that the artwork would be to your liking given that you obviously enjoy the genre.

Since there are about... zeroish Designs that would resemble TNA I think that has nothing to do with mass appeal. But of course I don't have the slightes clue to what extend Scott Danesi had influence in the art design. - What can be stated is that "it stands out", wich is a good thing. The pin on the first sight seems empty but I think the other kind of design could attract people to at least have look and try a game. (If it would look just normal and empty as it is as well, I think most people wouldn't even bother.) Like the mentioned WOZ maybe did with the gigantic LCD sreen for the first time.

And yes you're totally right with the other thing. I of course like the art (in most regards, not all) and couldn't name many other games that'd come closer to my personal preference. Since pinball is an USA centric thing the art & themes are kinda restricted (and themes that noone outside the US seem to care about - like WWE or Mustang - hurt sales as well). - I'd propably buy a Star Gazer or a Magic Girl 'designwise'.

Point is: F' the art. I like it of course since it's my personal taste for about the first time in history BUT I'm right now sitting next to a JM wich I thing is kinda ugly (at least the cabinet), have an Operation Thunder where cab & playfield mostly look like shit and ordered a Star Wars altough I don't like the playfield art (and I don't even like Star Wars) but that doesn't matter in the long run. I'll propably love SW to death like any other Steve Ritchie game and I love the flow of JM and the strategies involving the Hand & Matrix.

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Whether anyone likes the art direction or not, I still don't understand why it's being likened to anime!

Does there have to be a reason other than one of 'em liking it that way?

We need more pinballs reaching out to widr audiences imho, the first "animeish" backglass is a beginning.
(And it really is not really anime despite the vast amount of hair that girl has. )

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

It looks like an unofficial Overwatch pin, which would definitely be a draw for a lot of people I know.

Thinking of that: Id' be totally in on a splatoon pin. Just think of the possibilitys "painting" the table thabnks to rgb leds. :O

1 month later
#1643 6 years ago

I love it and will definetly get one in the future if possible (import) but I have two wishes (for one it's propably too late but I'll tell anyway).

It's always good to have a character/ main protagonist. And you have one, she's right there on the backglass.
On the playfield however she's completely missing altough you still habe a big open canvas where the logo of the game is slapped on.
Instead of the logo (I know what the name of the game is and is has no relevance to what is happening on the playfield at this point) I'd prefer a picture of the Gal. And since all that upfront of her is the reactor she's trying to destroy I'd like her facing it; it would fit perfectly...

I made a montage of Kaneda (the real one, not Special K) where he usually walks to his motorcycle to show what I mean!
character (resized).jpgcharacter (resized).jpg

She coming in there like this, with weaponery of course, would be great!

Secondly I wish for some awesome callouts wich are from the security guards and -again- from the main protagonist telling me what to do.

Edit: Oh, and since it's 80's don't do black legs.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

What you did there, that's awful.

Try not to think of pinsides most beloved user for a sec.

#1649 6 years ago

I'd like it better... obviously.

I mean it'd be ok the way that it is but up there in the orbit there are people (enemies) visible so why not the main character?
And the logo there doesn't serve any meaning whatsoever. So why not show the protagonist?

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great! Can somone post a side by side of the current pf and the whitewood? Would love to see the comparison.

Here you go...

comparison (resized).jpgcomparison (resized).jpg

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Games from the 80s generally don't have "protagonists", really. I mean, I understand your point but it's kind of left of center.

About every game has at least a "picture" there.
Usually this space is well used.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Here's some of the art projects i've completed.

You pixel arted each of the folder icons?
Why didn't you just copy & paste 'em?

#1804 6 years ago

I like the playfield like it is, with the exception of the logo above the flippers wich should be the character in my opinion.

But, altough that would be "nice to have" for me, I'll buy it the way it is and it's great overall!

#1808 6 years ago

I'd have one idea for the code tough (if that isn't allready in there in a way):

I like when you have a side objective, like collecting "Gigabytes" in Johnny Mnemonic while completing all the modes.
So for TNA it'd be nice if you're not only to activate and destroy the reactors but to collect... Plutonium, Gigawatts, Skittles (???)... to... travel back in time after completing your objective of destroying all the reactors. -Final Wizard Mode!

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Has there ever been machine with an art package that has been universally loved? Then again, few pieces of fine art are universally loved, so I guess that is just the nature of art. It also seems to be the thing that folks get more emotional about, than any other aspect of a machine, and often it is before they have even seen it in person.
Congrats to Matt and Scott on the art package, great seeing the vision come to life.

No need for universal love, just happy when I don't find too much to nitpick about.

Only game I liked everything about the playfield art was TMNT,... but the game is shit, so...

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think that it is a one way mission, that I'm sure I'd never have the skill to ever witness.

I've never managed to become the "Master of Powerdown" either but it's nice that it exists.

#1902 6 years ago

They didn't shoot each other.

#2003 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty ironic that people fell in love with this game as a blank piece of wood and are now demanding "more detail" is added to the art.
Not every game needs to be a Where's Waldo orgy of detail. Blank space is just as important as what is filled in.

We're long over that. That's only one "people" that really insisted and he has thankfully left the thread.

I just suggested to replace one existing grapic (the logo) with a pic of the character.
That's quite some nuances off to where's waldo.

And again: I'll buy it the way it is (allready called my distributor to somehow get me that machine here) but I'd prefer it with the character in the flipper area.

#2048 6 years ago

It TOTALLY SHOULD have a pic instead of the logo between the flippers!!!

And this was never meant as a FACT (how is "should have" a fact?) more a suggestion.

Thats first because I like it more but second because of a number of reasons that were stated multiple times.

And we allready got our answer why it looks the way it looks. That's ok for me so why you're still flaming each other?
Discussion is closed. (Of course I still have hope that Scott gets to like the idea of the character between the flippers. )

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Why don't you guys just go to the comic book store...

This do still exist?

2 months later
#3742 6 years ago

Any news on Europe?

Will TNA be at DPO in 2 weeks?

3 weeks later
#3970 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Dudes, my TNA will be finished next week and will be the first one in Good ol‘ Germany...afaik. My friend has to wait another 2 months or so to get his tna and as it would be cool to do a combined shipping to save some costs: anybody with production Slot now willing to change his spot and wait for just a few Weeks longer? That would be frickin‘ cool )

Challenge accepted! I hope to have mine here before christmas.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's like saying the US and Canada are the same LOL

That's basically true depending on where you live.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I played TNA for the first time today. Had it all to myself at Ayce Gogi for a couple hours when they opened up. Such a great game and I am #71.
There is only one thing that is a bummer with the game. The viewing angle of the display is horrible. It could be solved by having the display tilted back 10 or 15 degrees. It gets so washed out.. maybe an option for a higher quality display with a wider viewing angle? oh well. Minor gripe. The game is badass.

Play on your knees!

#4009 6 years ago

While waiting for my game to arrive (#52) I watched videos every evening and altough not yet having played it for real I have one minor complaint with the code that strikes me (Scott if you're reading this).

The lightshow and sound do a great job telling when the next mode ("reactor unlocked") starts but when the reactor is actually exploding there's an animation on the screen and the voice/ sound do tell but not as well 'set in scene' as the rest and therefore the sense of accomplishment is kinda lacking (and that I'm on the next reactor).

Then again, this is a fast game and I do not want to wait for some lightshow to end before I can continue playing, but I think it's just not quite en par with the rest.

So gimme some orange Shockwaves... Please?

#4011 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

What video were you watching? I have made significant lighting changes post 1.0 code.
--Scott

Too many to count, but maybe too old ones when I was noticing that. - Thanks!

Ok, then I continue counting the days till my game is here.

(I'd maybe hit you -ore spooky- up on how to change the voltage on the machine if I can't find out. The Amp is driven by the Main (PC) Power Supply isn't it?)

2 weeks later
#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Latest info I saw was a game in the mid 30's somewhere that was on the test line last week. Charlie said there was a bunch that should go out late this week. Best I can tell, that means we're up to about #50 by the end of this week.

Sheeesh,... that feels so long ago I thought that would have been last week.

Still hoping for #52 before christmas.

#4113 6 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

#28 got an invoice today for those keeping track. It's time to start getting excited.

TRACKING!

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

3 went to Germany yesterday as well.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Well, sadly that means my Johnny Mnemonic has to go in the next few days. )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.