Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 145.
#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Why is that? Trying to have the autoplunger make your reactor skill shot for you?

Was rattling hard, just slamming that ball out, getting a more consistent orbit now. Still might need to tweak some, haven't looked at the mech yet.

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Why is that? Trying to have the autoplunger make your reactor skill shot for you?
I turned down my trough kickout a bit but have resigned myself to needing a cliffy on the plunger lane wall.

I added this on mine.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4903 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I added this on mine.

Yep. That’s the ticket.

#4904 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

What angle are you guys setting this at?

7.4 here. Go steep or go home.

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Geez. drop targets still work fine on those settings?

#4906 6 years ago

Drops will be fine at that angle! Although, that would make the game BRUTAL!

I keep mine at 6.5 degrees.

#4907 6 years ago

This game is the best thing since donut holes! 250 is still a ways away but I’m eagerly awaiting

#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Drops will be fine at that angle! Although, that would make the game BRUTAL!
I keep mine at 6.5 degrees.

Speaking of 6.5 degrees....how’s the code coming?

#4909 6 years ago

I like to say code is like a fine wine, you need to wait and give it time for all the flavors to mend nicely together. But, I am not a weirdo, so what really is going on is that I am trying to chase down a bug that has been fighting me for a few weeks now and is pissing me off. I will find it, and kill it. The code will be ready shortly after that happens.
--Scott

#4910 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I bet it would play easier at that angle than 6.5. Easier to trap balls on the flippers and less dangerous lateral action. You’re actually cheating!

#4911 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I bet it would play easier at that angle than 6.5. Easier to trap balls on the flippers and less dangerous lateral action. You’re actually cheating!

You should try it one day. Easy to trap assuming you can react quickly enough.

#4912 6 years ago

Delivered production numbers are still in the 70s?

#4913 6 years ago

just got the 2 week warning for a game in 100s!

#4914 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

That's pretty dang exciting. I know I'm still a ways off at #165, but crossing into triple digits is a good sign.

#4915 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yaaayy me too so awesome

#4916 6 years ago

I like to say code is like a fine wine, you need to wait and give it time for all the flavors to mend nicely together. But, I am not a weirdo, so what really is going on is that I am trying to chase down a bug that has been fighting me for a few weeks now and is pissing me off. I will find it, and kill it. The code will be ready shortly after that happens.
--Scott

I’m curious - what does developer/debug mode look like on a pinball machine? Is testing primarily done in a virtual environment?

#4917 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I’m hoping that means 3 week warning for me

#4918 6 years ago

didn't get any specific on ship time frame but got the invoice for #95 this morning.

#4919 6 years ago

Does anyone have exact numbers of what they are pumping out a week? I’m trying to do what everyone else is doing.. haha calendar math!!

#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Does anyone have exact numbers of what they are pumping out a week? I’m trying to do what everyone else is doing.. haha calendar math!!

It appears that they haven't hit a consistent or reliable stride yet due to overseas shipments, butter cabs, and such. I think they'll settle into a more predictable rhythm soon though. Spooky is almost like clockwork when they are running things normally.

#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m curious - what does developer/debug mode look like on a pinball machine? Is testing primarily done in a virtual environment?

I don't develop virtually. I basically SSH into my physical game and run the code watching the log. I take the glass off to test things and play full games on it. It is not very glamorous... And no, SSH is not available on the production games. I have a modified OS on my production game.

#4922 6 years ago

I don't develop virtually. I basically SSH into my physical game and run the code watching the log. I take the glass off to test things and play full games on it. It is not very glamorous... And no, SSH is not available on the production games. I have a modified OS on my production game.

Ive been playing it a lot with the glass off.
Still can't break the habbit of grabbing the ball when it drains though

#4923 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Ive been playing it a lot with the glass off.
Still can't break the habbit of grabbing the ball when it drains though

Are you quick enough to react to grab it?

#4924 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

If you're asking in a more general sense, SkeletonGame (the pinball framework used in TNA and in many P-ROC projects) as well as other frameworks allow you to simulate the hardware. Some people connect their simulations to visual pinball, and others just simulate switch events by pressing keyboard keys that are mapped to specific events. Every developer is different. Some develop mostly in virtual environments before doing final testing on real hardware to work out the issues caused by real physics (timing, intermittently working switches, unexpected situations, etc), while others do most of their work on real hardware. I personally tend to develop as much as possible in simulation because it's faster for me to create specific situations and debug unexpected results.

- Gerry

https://www.multimorphic.com

#4925 6 years ago

Is this Gerry S of 7 x TNA COMBO fame?
I managed to finally knock you off the high score list yesterday with 8 combos.

#4926 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Are you quick enough to react to grab it?

50/50.
My partner commented that its a natural reaction for pinheads. She was doing it too

#4927 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is this Gerry S of 7 x TNA COMBO fame?

The real question now is whether I earned that score on a real machine or in simulation.

- Gerry

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

If you're asking in a more general sense, SkeletonGame (the pinball framework used in TNA and in many P-ROC projects) as well as other frameworks allow you to simulate the hardware. Some people connect their simulations to visual pinball, and others just simulate switch events by pressing keyboard keys that are mapped to specific events. Every developer is different. Some develop mostly in virtual environments before doing final testing on real hardware to work out the issues caused by real physics (timing, intermittently working switches, unexpected situations, etc), while others do most of their work on real hardware. I personally tend to develop as much as possible in simulation because it's faster for me to create specific situations and debug unexpected results.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

If your truly intrested on the backend. Install the framework on a computer and download the sample game run in simulation and watch the code. No purchases nessassary.

I’m a noob and I find first adjusting my assets and switch coil assignments. Then physically test. Then write a block of code then test and debug on the actual machine.

#4930 6 years ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0!

Changelog:
v1.1.0 – 02/21/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Fixed issue with attract frames loading 2 times on reset. This will slightly speed up the
game over reset process. Still working on making this faster. Michael Ocean is awesome.
– Fixed small video lag at beginning of first ball in the Welcome to the Future animation.
– Removed log file issues with bonus and PNG headers (not anything anyone cares about besides me)
– Significant video performance enhancements.
– Fixed bugs in Ball Search functionality.
– Fixed hard crash when trying to do a quick restart during the bonus count.
– Fixed bug where angry player can tilt out the next player too easily.
– Cleaned up unnecessary Ballsearch log error.
– Fixed Secret Skillshot exploit.
– Fixed attract mode ballsearch so it will not keep cycling if a player is too impatient for the balls to reset and drain.
– Fixed log error when saving data files to disk.
– Fixed tilt issue where prior player tilts after bonus.
– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Shaker now enabled and disabled properly without machine restart.
– Shaker issue when starting mystery now disables properly.
– Destroy Reactor ballsave now active when multiball is running as well.
– Fixed Avg Ball Time Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Score Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Game Time Calculation.
– Changed Coin Drop notification font.
– Updated drop target handling logic to prevent balls from getting stuck in right scoop under specific conditions.
– Fixed some other misc font issues.
– Fixed flickering GI when lane changing the skillshot.
– Fixed coin drop issue for coins with a value larger than a single credit.

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Significant changes to asset loading resulting is quicker boot times
– Super jackpot will now add a ball into play for up to a 4 ball multiball! This also enables up to 4x playfield multipliers. Indicated with white colored flashing ball lock inserts.
– Add A Ball is limited to 1 ball added per multiball.
– Destroyed reactors now score 1 point each to store the player’s progress in the last digit of their score. Match will ignore this last digit and treat it like a 0. For example, if a player earns 100,000 points and destroys 2 reactors their score would be 100,002.
– Reworking of display animations and notifications to clean up a bunch of things.
– Lock Quickshot display and scoring updates.
– Skillshot now displays score values when awarded.
– Adjusted orbit timer from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Set default coil power settings to Bryan Kelly recommended settings, so you may want to update these after the update.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated on the game. Also other various audio has been remastered throughout the game.
– Last game scores are now saved and recalled after a hard reboot of the game on the numeric displays. This was needed in case there was a display error that requires a machine restart so the scores are preserved.
– Locking a ball now awards 20k points.
– All LED test now can stop on specific colors when pressing the enter or start button.
– Jackpot Drop Reset Seconds is now configurable in the service menu.
– Secret Skillshot now awards a default time ball save, but allows multiple saves for the entire save time. Awesome.
– Add A Ball now enables default multiball ballsave.
– Reduced overall RAM usage of PC significantly.
– Early ball save added for cashing in a ball save on an outlane.
– Added drop target test in service mode.
– Added warning message on the display if drop target error is detected by the system.
– Added Free Game Percent to Coin Op Audits.
– Upper rollovers now advance reactor value and award a reactor shot when started.
– Added a few things to Mystery Mode
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Mystery awards are now stackable, meaning you can light mystery more than once and the game will keep track of it for you and you can cash it is by hitting the scoop multiple times.
– Ball save timer setting added to the add-a-ball ball save (separate from the standard ball save).
– Reactor Keypad now more evenly distributes spotted targets when targeting a new reactor.
– Ball saver will now pause for mystery award and reactor starting.
– Replay award can be selectable between Credit or Extra Ball.
– Multiball ball saver will now only save the first 3 balls drained.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable
– Tilt switch sensitivity added to service menu.
– Last scores now show on the LCD after game over.
– Can now scroll through the individual high score categories in attract mode.
– Music Test now tests ALL reactors.

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjwHSLOZ_19j1hv0srQBjvt4VoFWWyk0

#4931 6 years ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0!
Changelog:
v1.1.0 – 02/21/2018 – Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
– Fixed issue with attract frames loading 2 times on reset. This will slightly speed up the
game over reset process. Still working on making this faster. Michael Ocean is awesome.
– Fixed small video lag at beginning of first ball in the Welcome to the Future animation.
– Removed log file issues with bonus and PNG headers (not anything anyone cares about besides me)
– Significant video performance enhancements.
– Fixed bugs in Ball Search functionality.
– Fixed hard crash when trying to do a quick restart during the bonus count.
– Fixed bug where angry player can tilt out the next player too easily.
– Cleaned up unnecessary Ballsearch log error.
– Fixed attract mode ballsearch so it will not keep cycling if a player is too impatient for the balls to reset and drain.
– Fixed log error when saving data files to disk.
– Fixed tilt issue where prior player tilts after bonus.
– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Shaker now enabled and disabled properly without machine restart.
– Shaker issue when starting mystery now disables properly.
– Destroy Reactor ballsave now active when multiball is running as well.
– Fixed Avg Ball Time Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Score Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Game Time Calculation.
– Changed Coin Drop notification font.
– Updated drop target handling logic to prevent balls from getting stuck in right scoop under specific conditions.
– Fixed some other misc font issues.
– Fixed flickering GI when lane changing the skillshot.
– Fixed coin drop issue for coins with a value larger than a single credit.
## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Significant changes to asset loading resulting is quicker boot times
– Super jackpot will now add a ball into play for up to a 4 ball multiball! This also enables up to 4x playfield multipliers. Indicated with white colored flashing ball lock inserts.
– Add A Ball is limited to 1 ball added per multiball.
– Destroyed reactors now score 1 point each to store the player’s progress in the last digit of their score. Match will ignore this last digit and treat it like a 0. For example, if a player earns 100,000 points and destroys 2 reactors their score would be 100,002.
– Reworking of display animations and notifications to clean up a bunch of things.
– Lock Quickshot display and scoring updates.
– Skillshot now displays score values when awarded.
– Adjusted orbit timer from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Set default coil power settings to Bryan Kelly recommended settings, so you may want to update these after the update.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated on the game. Also other various audio has been remastered throughout the game.
– Last game scores are now saved and recalled after a hard reboot of the game on the numeric displays. This was needed in case there was a display error that requires a machine restart so the scores are preserved.
– Locking a ball now awards 20k points.
– All LED test now can stop on specific colors when pressing the enter or start button.
– Jackpot Drop Reset Seconds is now configurable in the service menu.
– Secret Skillshot now awards a default time ball save, but allows multiple saves for the entire save time. Awesome.
– Add A Ball now enables default multiball ballsave.
– Reduced overall RAM usage of PC significantly.
– Early ball save added for cashing in a ball save on an outlane.
– Added drop target test in service mode.
– Added warning message on the display if drop target error is detected by the system.
– Added Free Game Percent to Coin Op Audits.
– Upper rollovers now advance reactor value and award a reactor shot when started.
– Added a few things to Mystery Mode
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Mystery awards are now stackable, meaning you can light mystery more than once and the game will keep track of it for you and you can cash it is by hitting the scoop multiple times.
– Ball save timer setting added to the add-a-ball ball save (separate from the standard ball save).
– Reactor Keypad now more evenly distributes spotted targets when targeting a new reactor.
– Ball saver will now pause for mystery award and reactor starting.
– Replay award can be selectable between Credit or Extra Ball.
– Multiball ball saver will now only save the first 3 balls drained.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable
– Tilt switch sensitivity added to service menu.
– Last scores now show on the LCD after game over.
– Can now scroll through the individual high score categories in attract mode.
– Music Test now tests ALL reactors.
## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjwHSLOZ_19j1hv0srQBjvt4VoFWWyk0

Looks like you've been busy! HOLEEEEE CHIT! Can't wait to play it!

#4932 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looks like you've been busy! HOLEEEEE CHIT! Can't wait to play it!

I will update the game at ALT Brew later tonight

(it has already been running some beta so if you played lately then you may have seen some of this)

#4933 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will update the game at ALT Brew later tonight
(it has already been running some beta so if you played lately then you may have seen some of this)

Just the last time I saw you there, on Friday. I thought I noticed some new things (Danger sound for one). But yeah, between watching the streams and playing randomly, it's hard to keep track of what's been changed

#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just the last time I saw you there, on Friday. I thought I noticed some new things (Danger sound for one). But yeah, between watching the streams and playing randomly, it's hard to keep track of what's been changed

last Friday was earlier beta. newer stuff the past week and the big one today by 6pm is my plan

#4935 6 years ago

Come on! This was my favorite way to start a game!

Definitely like that locking a ball gives you points now. Found it weird that the only thing you got for that shot was a locked ball.

Is the SSS in there now? Can't seem to get it.

Desperately need an option to adjust Match percentage. Current Match gives away way too many games.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4936 6 years ago

Hah, I though this came from TWD!

#4937 6 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Come on! This was my favorite way to start a game!

damn you! cheating the SSS!

So happy that now you have to hit it the 'right' way

#4938 6 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Desperately need an option to adjust Match percentage. Current Match gives away way too many games.

I thought the same thing... well, the Match hitting too often. I don't have mine on route so I'm not worried about the free games. I do kinda like it as it validates that I installed my knocker correct (I'm nowhere near getting that validation on a free ball... have it the replay value a handful of times).

#4939 6 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

yup

#4940 6 years ago

Thanks Scott! Can't wait to install this.

#4941 6 years ago

What shot(s) do you need to add-a-ball during mb?

#4942 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

What shot(s) do you need to add-a-ball during mb?

single, double, triple, and then super jackpot (i.e. all 3 drops and then the scoop behind the drops)

#4943 6 years ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0! ...

Is that all there is? Jeesh!

In all seriousness, thanks for your dedication in improving the code and gameplay Scott. It's so cool how much this game has continued to be refined since I ordered mine!

#4944 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Hah, I though this came from TWD!

I’m sad that this sound was changed...I love that tilt warning sound. Making it a menu option to choose would be sweet!

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

7 reactors destroyed!
Potential bug: While the screen is black when the game is transitioning from end of game to attract mode splash screen, the game eats quarters.

Did this get fixed in the latest code?

#4946 6 years ago

The new code will be installed tonight around 5pm on the TNA at the Pinball Gallery.

#4947 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to play TNA last night at my local arcade. Overall a fun game. I hate to make a comparison, but it kind of reminds me a bit of the new Star Wars in that it's pretty fast and furious with out a major bash toy (i.e. Groot). Sound is really good. Nice light show. I like how the video display integrates the theme by being fuzzed out and blurry at times.

Having watched game play videos prior to playing, I knew what the game was about. Obviously ball control is important in any game. But I think in "fan" layouts you can sometimes get away with just cycling the ball up to the top and still make shots. Where as with TNA you really need to try and get the ball under control or it'll drain fast. Kind of a controlled mayhem with you will.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the way the ball lock holds the balls between players, so that if you lock two balls and then drain the next player only needs to lock one ball for multi-ball. Not a big deal, just something I don't care for. Also, I doubt I'd ever destroy all nine reactors, but I find it a bit odd that the game ends if you should destroy them all. Now I wonder what strategies will come out for "point pressing" before you hit, what is in arcade terms, the kill screen??

Again a fun game. Hopefully, everyone that ordered one will enjoy it!

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Finally got a chance to play TNA last night at my local arcade...

Thanks man, been trying to avoid finding out what happens when you destroy all nine reactors but now I know. Real kind of you.

#4949 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks man, been trying to avoid finding out what happens when you destroy all nine reactors but now I know. Real kind of you.

Yup, TOTALLY appreciate sharing that info. I ordered one, and you saved me the trouble of working my ass off to discover what happens after Reactor 9 which is the entire point of the game. Great job!

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Finally got a chance to play TNA last night at my local arcade. Overall a fun game. I hate to make a comparison, but it kind of reminds me a bit of the new Star Wars in that it's pretty fast and furious with out a major bash toy (i.e. Groot). Sound is really good. Nice light show. I like how the video display integrates the theme by being fuzzed out and blurry at times.
Having watched game play videos prior to playing, I knew what the game was about. Obviously ball control is important in any game. But I think in "fan" layouts you can sometimes get away with just cycling the ball up to the top and still make shots. Where as with TNA you really need to try and get the ball under control or it'll drain fast. Kind of a controlled mayhem with you will.
The only thing I didn't really care for was the way the ball lock holds the balls between players, so that if you lock two balls and then drain the next player only needs to lock one ball for multi-ball. Not a big deal, just something I don't care for. Also, I doubt I'd ever destroy all nine reactors, but I find it a bit odd that the game ends if you should destroy them all. Now I wonder what strategies will come out for "point pressing" before you hit, what is in arcade terms, the kill screen??
Again a fun game. Hopefully, everyone that ordered one will enjoy it!

Wait.. when did they get one down at 8-bit? dang, I know what I'm doing when i get back to town.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/99?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.