Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 145.
#4551 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I just think I haven't taken enough drugs for Phish to sound good .

we can fix that if they return to Alpine Valley this summer...

#4552 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you guys so much!!! I truly appreciate it. If you cannot figure out how to play the FLAC files, let me know.
--Scott

I’ll be looking for you at TPF so you can sign the tape for me.

8FFA380F-8727-43E1-B129-F155B0A18614 (resized).jpeg8FFA380F-8727-43E1-B129-F155B0A18614 (resized).jpeg

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is so cool to see this map continue to change with more and more data points all the time!

Is that an interactive map that let's you search for games.?

#4555 6 years ago

I think I am probably not going to make preview tracks as the streaming services will have the whole album on Friday. They will have preview tracks and then if people want the high quality FLAC files, they can get them.
Right now 100% of my spare time is going toward finishing up TNA software v1.1.0.
--Scott

Correction, 95% of your spare time is going to TNA software, and 5% is going to this thread

#4556 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say that Phish is one of the few bands that can still fill a venue the size of Alpine Valley .
Not my cup of tea though.

#4557 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You jinxed it

#4558 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I will say that Phish is one of the few bands that can still fill a venue the size of Alpine Valley .
Not my cup of tea though.

How about filling Madison Square Garden for 13 consecutive nights?

#4559 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

How about filling Madison Square Garden for 13 consecutive nights?

Phish played 2 of those nights , the other 11 their fans were just hanging around .

Alpine Valley has nearly double the capacity of Madison Square Garden. Phish fans do get out and support them when they tour , that's for sure .

#4560 6 years ago

Focus People!! We're not here to talk about bands.

If anyone has just brought their game home, please post your game# so we can all speculate when our games will be done.

#4561 6 years ago

I think I am #72 (number wasn't on my invoice and I don't care enough to bug Kayte)... anyway, mine is on the line next week.

#4562 6 years ago

That is a very cool idea! I definitely am still working on fixing little bugs and other enhancements and then I will start looking at more fun stuff. I am going to release a good sized update at the beginning part of the 2018 with some cool stuff in it. Also, there will be remastered music that I wrote for the album that will make it's way back into the game! I am excited about that.
--Scott

I saw the video testing the new code out that was posted recently and heard the new tracks that are a part of the album which are great! Are the older tracks replaced by these or is this additional? Would be cool if both were in there, the more different tracks the better!

#4563 6 years ago

I'm going to buy the FLAC tracks. I need something to get me going this morning.

#4564 6 years ago

these tracks are brain worms that get in your head!

love it!

#4565 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

these tracks are brain worms that get in your head!
love it!

They make my flipper fingers twitch.

#4566 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I think I am #72 (number wasn't on my invoice and I don't care enough to bug Kayte)... anyway, mine is on the line next week.

Does Spooky run numbers in order? This is my first time buying a Spooky game, so I'm not familiar with those sorts of things. I thought they weren't necessarily run in numerical order.

#4567 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does Spooky run numbers in order? This is my first time buying a Spooky game, so I'm not familiar with those sorts of things. I thought they weren't necessarily run in numerical order.

For the most part, they do.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.
We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.
Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.
I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.
The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!
All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

#4568 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

for the most part they are with a few notable and worth exceptions!

#4569 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I’m right after you. Whoo hoo. Checking my email regularly.

#4570 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Didn't you read any of the last 2 dozen posts??!?!?!

#4571 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

jar155 What number are you?

#4572 6 years ago

Australian games due next week. Can't freakin' wait.

#4573 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't been reading the thread at all, to be honest. I am trying to keep from getting too worked up during the wait. Eventually I caved and jumped in though. Haha. At last look, all talk was FLAC, Phish, and well, more Phish, so I jumped to the end.

Quoted from Pmaino:

jar155 What number are you?

165, I believe it was. I'm a ways down the line still...

Edit: Does anybody know what the highest reported number is? I imagine it has to be in the 200s by now, right?

#4574 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I haven't been reading the thread at all, to be honest. I am trying to keep from getting too worked up during the wait. Eventually I caved and jumped in though. Haha. At last look, all talk was FLAC, Phish, and well, more Phish, so I jumped to the end.

165, I believe it was. I'm a ways down the line still...
Edit: Does anybody know what the highest reported number is? I imagine it has to be in the 200s by now, right?

Thought it was up around 300 as I saw a post about number 300 getting signed by everyone or something.

#4575 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I am trying to keep from getting too worked up during the wait.

Me too, my friend...me too.

#4576 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thought it was up around 300 as I saw a post about number 300 getting signed by everyone or something.

That's cool. I'm so glad that the game continues to be a success. Here's to a few hundred more!

#4577 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does anybody know what the highest reported number is? I imagine it has to be in the 200s by now, right?

The highest number I have seen on any of the TnA threads is 279, so I would assume getting very close to 300.

#4578 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Australian games due next week. Can't freakin' wait.

The boat just docked in Sydney this morning! They survived docking in Auckland right under rotordave nose! Then Melbourne where I'm sure if FalconPunch had gone down to the docks in some hot pants and whispered sweet nothings into the ears of the dock workers he could have persuaded them to offload one.

#4579 6 years ago

Are any TNA machines coming up on route to play in New York City?

#4580 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are any TNA machines coming up on route to play in New York City?

I hope to have mine next month(#81)and anyone can come over to play if they want. Live in port Washington NY which is a 35 minute ride from the city. Shoot me a PM and we can set something up.

#4581 6 years ago

The impatient inner child took control today and I drove the 35 miles to Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver. Small pinball lineup but what a great, eclectic place with a comfortable vibe.

No need for me to repeat what has already been said about TNA but I will add this. The artwork looks much better in person than I suspected and the old style legs fit so I won't be replacing them with chrome after all.
Ton's of random and fast action and there is a lot more to do than a superficial glance of the layout would suggest. It's probably already been mentioned but some very clever code of what I saw. Playability and re-playability are words of the day as I kept digging for quarters. (go for it grammar freaks)

Many thanks to Mutiny Information Cafe for making the game available. I beat you guys out of 50 cents when I matched for a free game.

zzIMG_20180124_114217299 (resized).jpgzzIMG_20180124_114217299 (resized).jpg

#4582 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The impatient inner child took control today and I drove the 35 miles to Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver. Small pinball lineup but what a great, eclectic place with a comfortable vibe.
No need for me to repeat what has already been said about TNA but I will add this. The artwork looks much better in person than I suspected and the old style legs fit so I won't be replacing them with chrome after all.
Ton's of random and fast action and there is a lot more to do than a superficial glance of the layout would suggest. It's probably already been mentioned but some very clever code of what I saw. Playability and re-playability are words of the day as I kept digging for quarters. (go for it grammar freaks)
Many thanks to Mutiny Information Cafe for making the game available. I beat you guys out of 50 cents when I matched for a free game.

Wow, what a great place! TNA and
A MB! The owners have great tastes!

#4583 6 years ago

I just played at Mutiny a few weeks ago. Great place but they ran out of quarters just after I got there... TNA can cause you to burn through them quickly! I can’t wait to play at home with the sound cranked up!

#4584 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree about the legs but an 80's Bally coin door keeps crossing my mind.

#4585 6 years ago

Got a hankerin' for an AC/DC Premium VE and I'm considering giving up my place in the TNA line (#139) in order to swing it.

Someone talk me off the ledge!  And no requests for my spot please! (yet)

#4586 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Got a hankerin' for an AC/DC Premium VE and I'm considering giving up my place in the TNA line (#139) in order to swing it.

I suggest you hold on to your spot, ACDC are plentiful on locations and in collections, TNA even at 300 produced won't be super common. It is also an adrenaline rush every time you play it. But do as you wish, it is your fun money to spend as you choose.

#4587 6 years ago

^^ Great points!

TNA will add the extra bit of brutality that only TWD brings right now in your lineup. I don't think you will regret sticking it out with TNA. Have you had an opportunity to play one yet? The sound and light show alone need to be experienced in person to truly appreciate what Scott has done.

#4588 6 years ago

I'm #151 and I am also being tempted by the many machines available to bring home right now. But, I keep thinking of the magic that I felt watching this thing progress and then be streamed in its final form for the first time. Hoping hearing the music when it becomes available to stream tomorrow will bring the excitement back. Plus, my kids would never forgive me if I back out of TNA. They are so pumped to play it. Looking forward to many multiplayer games with them. If TNA gives me fun moments and memories with my kids, then it will go from $6,000 to priceless!

#4589 6 years ago

not sure what to say, but TNA fricking rocks!

Game has the "just 1 more" vibe more than any game I have ever played. Make it to the 4th reactor again last night and chocked. Gonna stop to play on the way home form work and put a few games on it. I NEED to make it to the 6th reactor!!!

#4590 6 years ago

Haha, I'm trying to sell my ACDC Prem to free up space and cash for TNA. Much rather have the latter than the former.

#4591 6 years ago

Spent the night working on one of my games and watching Owlnonymous and crew play TNA. Have a better feel for the rules now and I’m more excited then ever to get my game! It’s cool how Scott always pops into streams to get real world feedback and potential bug reports.

#4592 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Spent the night working on one of my games and watching Owlnonymous and crew play TNA. Have a better feel for the rules now and I’m more excited then ever to get my game! It’s cool how Scott always pops into streams to get real world feedback and potential bug reports.

Awesome! Yeah, I shot him some super Beta code for the upcoming 1.1.0 release. Found a couple more bugs and was able to smash them. These streamers really make this much easier.

#4593 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Glad you enjoyed the stream! Owl is a super guy and lets me come over and play once in a while if I’m nice .
Last night I couldn’t get dialed in at all until the last game. That game is brutal! I felt like a beginner each game until I compared scores with Owl and the other two playing and realized that we were all having a “challenging” night. That’s how it goes in Pinball sometimes! I can’t wait to get #124. Seems like it’s taking forever. Sigh.

#4594 6 years ago

Question for current owners: if a TNA game is going to be operated on location, should it have the shaker motor, or just leave it out?

#4595 6 years ago

The shaker is well integrated. It's worthwhile.

#4596 6 years ago

Don't want to talk you off the ledge or on the ledge but both games are great. I just got a chance to play TNA for the first time ever today. It was great, I am not used to single layer games without ramps so it seemed to be missing something. But that said the upper PF was quite nice and almost served to make up for the lack of ramps. The main PF is a bit cramped like you are playing with just half the machine. Not bad but something that I had to wrap my head around.

You have picked two great pins to decide between, TNA is probably going to sell in 500 numbers and AcDc sells in thousands. I do love AcDc premium lower PF and the songs, callouts and the rules are great, I'd say it's *one of the* best pins of the last 10 years.

#4597 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't want to talk you off the ledge or on the ledge but both games are great. I just got a chance to play TNA for the first time ever today. It was great, I am not used to single layer games without ramps so it seemed to be missing something. But that said the upper PF was quite nice and almost served to make up for the lack of ramps. The main PF is a bit cramped like you are playing with just half the machine. Not bad but something that I had to wrap my head around.
You have picked two great pins to decide between, TNA is probably going to sell in 500 numbers and AcDc sells in thousands. I do love AcDc premium lower PF and the songs, callouts and the rules are great, I'd say it's *one of the* best pins of the last 10 years.

Glad you finally got to play it! I hope you're still on the list as it seemed like you weren't sure some of the time.

#4598 6 years ago

Going to give my initial impressions, I know some may say 'who cares?' but I have never played this pin before and like to read what other people think and so maybe some might like to hear what I think.

This was on location at VUK in Bethesda (pizza and pinball) and they have several games from the last 1-2 years. TNA is the newest along with GOTG. Generally they keep their pins well running, but they are not immaculate like you'd see in a home collection. I would guess TNA has 1-2,000 plays on it could be more it's been there 1-2 months I believe. So it still looks like new, nothing was worn or off kilter.

I am not familiar with one level pinball. I have played one level pinball machines no doubt but never more than a good handful of games here and there, never owned one without ramps. I am not used to one level pins as much as I am used to games from the last 20+ years which have ramps and sometimes upper or lower PF.

I'm not used to the small size, I know the dimensions are probably standard pinball but it looks much smaller and the display is lower. It's not a bad thing but just something that makes it feel more different.

I have not watched the gameplay video extensively. I don't know all the nuances of the rules, but the basic of light the reactor, hit the scoop to initiate and then up to the upper PF to get to 100% then hit lit shot to destroy the reactor. I guess I may still not get the ball save in the out lanes, know that you can save the ball by having it roll over a certain color lit light, but I was not really paying attention so may have missed out on some opportunities.

I really like the way it shoots and the way you need to make certain shots at certain points. It's kind of linear in that way, for example in PotC (stern) or SM you can make progress to other a lot of things any time, even when you are working on another thing. But to me TNA you want to hit one shot when you are told to. Like if you want to make the reactor 100% you want to get the ball up there, when the reactor is ready to be destroyed, you want to make that shot. It just seems like a tighter set of rules. Not a lot of side quests if that makes sense.

So the rules are very good.

The sound and music are good, it was not turned up so like the sound was only half what I play my pins at, but was very good quality. I don't recall too many call outs. I guess there are some callouts but it's not full of callouts (if you think of a pin like TSPP, TWD, IM, Tron, SM, etc..) where the callouts are so much a part of the game, I prefer a lot of callouts but it's ok with TNA because it's kind of different pinball.

The upper PF was a lot of fun and I likes that you could be in upper and lower PF in multi-ball and have to keep your eyes in two places. I liked the lock and the multi ball, the shaker was nice and the lights and topper light was nice.

If I had a bone to pick (small) it's that the game is played on the lower half of the PF. (I know there is an upper PF) but 90% of the game takes place in the bottom half of the PF. This is not bad, it's just something that I'm not used to. If I could describe it like this playing IM where the only shots were from Iron Monger and lower. I mean side shots and center shots and off center shots but all close to the flippers. Of course two orbits are an exception to that but the other 10 targets are in the lower half of the PF.

I think this pin is very well thought out and designed in all aspects, it is well built and well engineered, didn't have an dud shot (I'm looking at BM66 and can not say that about it). I was looking at the cabinet to decide if I want to get the butter cabinet. Have to say (I am not 100% sure) but it looks like this example had the decal. I say that because it did not shine like it was polished. But other than that, I could not tell it was a decal. Maybe someone can verify if they know one way or the other. But just saying if that was a decal, I couldn't tell, I was looking at the seams in the front and looking at the head decal to see it there was a definite decal lip but I couldn't tell. So if that's the case the decal is more than fine. I still may get the butter but would not be sad one bit to settle for the decal.

Finally, comes down to if I am sorry that I am waiting for TNA (rather than something like DI, GOTG, AFM remake) all of which were on location. No I am not sorry. I don't say that to mean that TNA is clearly better than AFM (for example) but just that it's not worse (not one bit) and since I do have a lot of same-same games with similar layouts with similar rule types and lots of callouts. I think TNA is a great change of pace.

If I only had 1-2 pins don't know if TNA would make the cut (I love games like WoZ, TWD, Metallica etc.) with loads of rules and ramps, but adding to my collection I'd rather add a game like TNA than another game like GOTG, DI, AFM.

#4599 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Going to give my initial impressions, I know some may say 'who cares?' but I have never played this pin before and like to read what other people think and so maybe some might like to hear what I think.

Actually I was pretty curious to hear what you think. You're a 'ramps' player, and this is new for you, I appreciated your thoughts.

Someone like me, who's owned a bunch of 80s Bally games, it's not new territory, and I already know I love that gameplay. So my opinion is maybe more predictable.

#4600 6 years ago

A new pincade in my town opened up last month and the owner put word out that he has a TNA coming to his place in the very near future! I'm super excited to get to try it and play some multiplayer games. I too am a bit skeptical on how I will feel about it. I've never been too much into the single level playfields but with the total package of this game (lights, sounds, difficult gameplay) I think this could be a winner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/92?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.