Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 145.
#4451 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

couldn't code a bingo machine

I'm sure he could, and I understand that was a joke, but coding a bingo pinball is quite different and likely very challenging compared to a flipper game. You have to think about dozens of ways an accidental malfunction could cause an incorrect payout, something you also have to consider with a flipper game (too many replays = no good). The coders in Belgium are able to come up with dozens and dozens of unique ways to win based on a playfield layout standardized in 1951. I've got a little experience coding bingo pinball machines myself...

Spooky is an excellent company, from what I've seen and heard, and TNA is a fantastic game (from what I've played). So much so that I'm thinking about buying one. Reactor bingo?

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Melody is a shock liability

Melody just provides a shockingly good time to all who play it.

#4453 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We know people who do!
Seriously, I'm not offended by any of this... Trying to keep everyone happy all the time is a tall order, but we really do care and try.
On the bright side, nobody remembers those first 2 years here better than I do... and having people wanting their games quicker is a WHOLE LOT BETTER than wondering how we're going to stay afloat if games don't start selling.

THANK YOU!!! So do we. Can't wait to get that game to you, and we will.

Just to make things clear in my case: I do not mind waiting and hopefully it did not come off as a complaint. If I had a complaint you’d hear directly from me.

#4454 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

If I had a complaint you’d hear directly from me.

Yep... all good sir!

And I like hearing that our RZ game isn't the worst thing ever... I'm still proud of what it became, and yes we were fully aware it wasn't going to suit everyone.

Alice ... whole different animal. Stay tuned, going to be a wild ride.

Happy Friday! Get out there and play some of those location TnA's or hop to your buddy's house and play there. Fun times!

#4455 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I make the trek to Munster IN just below Chicago for 3 Floyds Dark Lord Day and to stock up on Zombie Dust every year so I certainly cannot judge.

Is dark lord day worth the ticket price? I go to the brewery every time we go to my mother in laws as she’s only 20 minutes from the brewery.

#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Is dark lord day worth the ticket price? I go to the brewery every time we go to my mother in laws as she’s only 20 minutes from the brewery.

It is if you want the beer. We always have fun but just getting the tickets is a challenge. Realistically you could turn around and sell your 5 bottles of dark lord for more then the ticket costs if you are not a fan of big sweet stouts. It's pretty well organized and you get to try a ton of beer and the food is on par with what the brewpub serves which I think is excellent. I enjoy dark lord beer but others find it too big and too sweet.

Last year they had a booth for Dark Matter coffee that I really enjoyed. Ended up joining their coffee of the month club when I got home. So every month I get a new bag of special release coffee beans. They do a lot of cool stuff like barrel aged beans from 3 floyds or pipework barrels. I got a bag of Pipeworks milk stout barrel aged beans last month that were awesome.

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.

I can personally vouch for this and knowing Charlie's impeccable anti-corruptible qualities. I tried shipping three crates of chocolate to KT and I'm still in the same place in the queue

Cheers,
Neil.

#4458 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have almost 30 games, and RZ is one of my favs! Not entirely sure why it gets bagged so hard here, but it is FAR better than the general Pinside consensus.

Getting off track, but yeah I agree . RZ is my favorite game .

#4459 6 years ago

If anyone local wants to play some TNA, I am ditching work early to head over to Alt Brew. Ill be there around 2:30

First game is on me

#4460 6 years ago

Wish we had one on route in the Milwaukee area.

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

It is Friday Frank... time for a trip to Madison for a beer and some pinball

MKE will be getting one soon enough from what I heard... possibly even 2?

#4462 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I second that. ^^^

#4463 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have almost 30 games, and RZ is one of my favs! Not entirely sure why it gets bagged so hard here, but it is FAR better than the general Pinside consensus.

1 have 120 pins, and RZ is one of my favourites.

It’s also extremely popular whenever I have a pinball meet at my place.

Re “the consensus”, all I can guess is that, because it is NOT the usual Stern “return the ball to the flipper every shot” type game, people find it pretty tough to play. People don’t like getting their asses handed to them, especially A-type personality pinballers.

Personally, I like a good beating (ooohh errrr!) as the rewards when you beat it are so much greater.

rd

B68812FF-A1F4-4020-AF96-190175E1D5FE (resized).jpegB68812FF-A1F4-4020-AF96-190175E1D5FE (resized).jpeg

#4464 6 years ago

Gonna need a video of your reaching hellbound RD or it didn’t happen lol!

#4465 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone local wants to play some TNA, I am ditching work early to head over to Alt Brew. Ill be there around 2:30
First game is on me

Hey I'm tempted to join you - how long ya gonna be there?

#4466 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey I'm tempted to join you - how long ya gonna be there?

just depends... text me when you are thinking of swinging over (bring Max and Felix also; they need a break after all the crap you give them all week )

#4467 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Gonna need a video of your reaching hellbound RD or it didn’t happen lol!

Yes, I’ve been promising to do a video for some time, but a combination of travel and uselessness combined to create — nothing.

Actually I was also waiting for the final code to come through.

rd

#4468 6 years ago

Quoted from NeilMcRae:I can personally vouch for this and knowing Charlie's impeccable anti-corruptible qualities. I tried shipping three crates of chocolate to KT and I'm still in the same place in the queue
Cheers,
Neil.

chocolate?? what chocolate? I certainly didn't eat all of that awesome candy from the UK......um ya that's my story especially if my kids find out that I didn't share & hide it in my desk-- in the locked drawer...

#4469 6 years ago

Madison pinball party...I'd honestly consider it if we weren't driving to the Dells tonight. I need more games on TNA.

#4470 6 years ago

What voltage is used for the bill acceptor on these?

#4471 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I can personally vouch for this and knowing Charlie's impeccable anti-corruptible qualities. I tried shipping three crates of chocolate to KT and I'm still in the same place in the queue
Cheers,
Neil.

Go around Charlie and head Straight to the boss, well good attempt

#4472 6 years ago

Why have I still not seen any one doing this with their legs/trim???

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why have I still not seen any one doing this with their legs/trim???

That looks awesome. Some type of powder coat?

#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

chocolate?? what chocolate? I certainly didn't eat all of that awesome candy from the UK......um ya that's my story especially if my kids find out that I didn't share & hide it in my desk-- in the locked drawer...

Cheese Balls got me #4. Just sayin.....

#4477 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I make the trek to Munster IN just below Chicago for 3 Floyds Dark Lord Day and to stock up on Zombie Dust every year so I certainly cannot judge.

FTW. Right in my back yard.

151639729826638659696 (resized).jpg151639729826638659696 (resized).jpg

#4478 6 years ago

Looks crazy expensive. I remember a paint called chrome illusion that looked like that.

Here is another option: https://www.paintwithpearl.com/shop-custom-paint/chameleon-paint/
I've used their pearl powders before. The concept is, you mix this in with clearcoat to make the base coat have the pearl effect. SO, if your base coat is already chrome (like legs) the effect should be very similar.

Want me to try??

Edit: Order placed. I have a few sets of spare legs to try. I'll report back.

#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

While it looks kind of cool, it's a little rainbowy for me.

I think the process is based on evaporating small bits of metal in a vacuum. Maybe the kinds of metals you evaporate determine the colors? So you could negate anything that doesnt match or isnt your style.

#4480 6 years ago

That would be really sweet if they could get just those yellows, oranges, pinks and purples from the lower playfield. Although, the more I think about it, the chrome looks really good. Having more color would distract from the cutouts.

#4481 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Madison pinball party...I'd honestly consider it if we weren't driving to the Dells tonight. I need more games on TNA.

I have a TNA at my house (15 minutes from the dells).

that being said, i also have 2 children that believe screaming and crying is the only way to communicate for the last couple of weeks too.

in simple words, not sure its the best time to visit, but if you want to just let me know.

#4482 6 years ago

Chris, I forgot you were in Reedsburg. We go right through. How old our your kids? I have 6 year old twins, plus a 17 year old exchange student. Not sure this will be the best time but perhaps some other time. Our intent is to spam the Mt. Olympus desk for ski / tubing passes for Christmas Mt. Though we often buy the $8 passes for Chula Vista and drive up for a day. We typically head there 5-6 times a year.

PS: I am 15 minutes from Spooky too, so I really don't have much of an excuse.

#4483 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Chris, I forgot you were in Reedsburg. We go right through. How old our your kids? I have 6 year old twins, plus a 17 year old exchange student. Not sure this will be the best time but perhaps some other time. Our intent is to spam the Mt. Olympus desk for ski / tubing passes for Christmas Mt. Though we often buy the $8 passes for Chula Vista and drive up for a day. We typically head there 5-6 times a year.
PS: I am 15 minutes from Spooky too, so I really don't have much of an excuse.

18 months and 2 months. There is no reasoning them right now.

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is Friday Frank... time for a trip to Madison for a beer and some pinball
MKE will be getting one soon enough from what I heard... possibly even 2?

There are no Fridays this time of year. My next scheduled day off is Thursday Feb 1 - or I would be heading that way!

#4485 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

There are no Fridays this time of year. My next scheduled day off is Thursday Feb 1 - or I would be heading that way!

hit me up next time. cheers

#4486 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I tried cute dog picture bribery and didn’t work. Lol
RZ is a fav game at party’s. That’s strange. It’s hard but non Pinball people can do good at it. Just not complete any modes. a keeper for me.

#4487 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Haul it across the street to chris' house for tonight's gathering

Haha. I'd invite you over for a few games, but the LCD isn't working, the basement is a mess, and I'm going to bed in about an hour. It's been an exhausting week.

#4488 6 years ago

Can't believe it did not win the TWIPYs

#4489 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Can't believe it did not win the TWIPYs

It won some...cant win them all

#4490 6 years ago

My 2x TnA left for NZ last week.

D2EBF45C-D30C-4066-B6AF-D605EFBD9024 (resized).jpegD2EBF45C-D30C-4066-B6AF-D605EFBD9024 (resized).jpeg

Ahead of them:

1950 miles to Los Angeles in the Truck
7000 miles to Auckland in a boat
50 miles to my house in my Pathfinder.

If you happen to be in Auckland on Friday March 9th, I will be holding an Offical IFPA Launch Party Comp for TnA as part of Pincade! Boom!

rd

#4491 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me how tall the backbox with topper is? Trying to figure out where TNA will go in my game room and I have a low ceiling on one side.

#4492 6 years ago

from the floor to the top of the beacon light it is right around 75 inches .

#4493 6 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I second that. ^^^

You guys are welcome to stop by sometime and play mine . I am also planning to bring it to mgc this year .

#4494 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You guys are welcome to stop by sometime and play mine . I am also planning to bring it to mgc this year .

pm sent

#4495 6 years ago

Hey Everyone,
By popular demand, I just posted the digital FLAC files for the full TNA album on my site. The album will be released for free on all the streaming platforms on Friday January 26th. More info here:

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1031

TNAAlbumThumbnailSmall (resized).jpgTNAAlbumThumbnailSmall (resized).jpg

#4496 6 years ago

Is there a TNA on location somewhere in San Diego?? I’m heading out there this week.

#4497 6 years ago

Scott, is the album going to be available on iTunes?

#4498 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Scott, is the album going to be available on iTunes?

Yes, on Friday the 26th!

#4499 6 years ago

New week and hopefully a ton of new TNA's going out!

Anyone recently get their calls that the game is coming to them soon? I know numbers aren't fully in order but did anyone in the 70's get a call yet?

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Everyone,
By popular demand, I just posted the digital FLAC files for the full TNA album on my site. The album will be released for free on all the streaming platforms on Friday January 26th. More info here:
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1031

Scott, kinda off topic but what are some of your musical influences and people you follow?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/90?hl=spookykt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.