Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 145.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

oh yeah, I've watched the vids, it looks great. I'm trying to understand what the theme is...Or is it a non licensed theme?

Non license theme , original sound music and artwork .

#402 7 years ago

Whats total annihilation? (the theme)

It's a real time strategy game where you unleash robot armies against your enemy while simultaneously protecting your own base. Gather resources and build better and better units. First to destroy the opposition's commander wins the game.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

It's a real time strategy game where you unleash robot armies against your enemy while simultaneously protecting your own base. Gather resources and build better and better units. First to destroy the opposition's commander wins the game.

Unrelated.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Non license theme , original sound music and artwork .

Interesting ok. Thanks!

#405 7 years ago

Sweet! This makes my Scott Danesi Formerly Owned F-14 Tomcat worth a bundle! (NFS, collector's piece now)

#406 7 years ago

oh yeah, I've watched the vids, it looks great. I'm trying to understand what the theme is...Or is it a non licensed theme?

This post describes it well:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/8#post-3704135

Not licensed theme created home brew pin that looks to be produced soon.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Sweet! This makes my Scott Danesi Formerly Owned F-14 Tomcat worth a bundle! (NFS, collector's piece now)

Have him sign it

#408 7 years ago

Not sure if this was already posted, since I haven't had time to read any Pinside posts in the past week, but before they were closing up for Saturday, Steve Richie came over to where Total Annihilation was setup and asked if he could take my spot to give it a shot. Of course, I obliged (although the girlfriend wasn't so pleased), I was only able to get in a couple balls play because it kept malfunctioning by that time of the night, but it's fine. What little I played was really cool.

richie (resized).JPGrichie (resized).JPG

#409 7 years ago

I'm getting super nit-picky here, but what do you guys think of the center target bank? That's just such a key shot in the game that I almost want it to be something besides three basic targets. Maybe add drop targets in front of basic targets or something. I just know you're going to be shooting those often, so they need to feel super rewarding.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm getting super nit-picky here, but what do you guys think of the center target bank? That's just such a key shot in the game that I almost want it to be something besides three basic targets. Maybe add drop targets in front of basic targets or something. I just know you're going to be shooting those often, so they need to feel super rewarding.

The game is designed to be tough, drops would make them a lot less dangerous. The reward will be in hitting them and not draining.

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The game is designed to be tough, drops would make them a lot less dangerous. The reward will be in hitting them and not draining.

Totally agree. They are dangerous targets being so close to the flippers (and center drain). Having to hit each 3 times...you're pressing your luck!

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

but what do you guys think

I think we are better off just staying the hell out of the way and letting Scott bring this thing to fruition rather than nit picking it at every move. He has spent a lot of time getting it to this stage and I kind of wish it had not been announced yet that he was going in to production so he could more easily just make his game.

The best part being that we can all then decide if we want to buy it or not once he is done.

#413 7 years ago

I get that. The challenge does make for an interesting decision...do you use multiball to start the reactor or save it for when the reactor goes critical.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Totally agree. They are dangerous targets being so close to the flippers (and center drain). Having to hit each 3 times...you're pressing your luck!

Yet they're just slightly angled enough to give you a chance.

#415 7 years ago

Plus...$

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I get that. The challenge does make for an interesting decision...do you use multiball to start the reactor or save it for when the reactor goes critical.

Could be both if you can keep the multiball going long enough . You just want to make sure you are in multiball when you destroy the reactor . I personally like to try and get multiball going right after I get reactor online , it helps get the reactor to critical faster and destroying the reactor it can help also . If your destroy the reactor shot ends up being the bottom standup on the left side ,that shot is very difficult but in multiball can made easier with less fear of losing your ball going for it . More random action in multiball also .

#417 7 years ago

There are three shows June 9-11. The closest is the Rocky Mountain Showdown. Hope you show up there. I'm in for game! Love to play it again. It was so much fun at TPF.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

drops would slow it down

False.

Just added drops to firepower.

It plays faster.

The fun is +9000. Because drops.

Myth busted.

Drops 4 Life...

Mof

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

False.
Just added drops to firepower.
It plays faster.
The fun is +9000. Because drops.
Myth busted.
Drops 4 Life...
Mof

You need to hit them multiple times to get the job done, with the drop down, you don't have anything to hit w/o the stand ups behind as well

#420 7 years ago

You all need to stop making suggestions, especially any that would increase cost. Clearly this game is doing just fine as is. It won 1st place at MGC, and as far as I know is the first homebrew game to go into production (I don't count WOOLY because that was less than 10 built in a home by the buyers). Between Scott's skills and Charlie's ability to take a one-off (AMH) and make it optimized for building multiples this thing is going to be a hit at the best price it can be.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You need to hit them multiple times to get the job done, with the drop down, you don't have anything to hit w/o the stand ups behind as well

Stand ups can be behind drops like ACDC TNT target or in TH.

Does this have a shaker motor? I'd bet it would be nice to have shaker feedback whenever you hit a critical target.

#422 7 years ago

I want this game.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You all need to stop making suggestions, especially any that would increase cost. Clearly this game is doing just fine as is. It won 1st place at MGC, and as far as I know is the first homebrew game to go into production (I don't count WOOLY because that was less than 10 built in a home by the buyers). Between Scott's skills and Charlie's ability to take a one-off (AMH) and make it optimized for building multiples this thing is going to be a hit at the best price it can be.

No Shit!

Some "no-name guy" (no offense Scott) makes a homebrew machine with NO ART and Sharpie markings on the inserts and it wins BEST GAME at a pinball show. How many millions of dollars went into games like Batman and Dialed In, yet a half-baked whitewood beat them all. It seems to me Scott knows what he's doing and doesn't need the peanut gallery meddling in his design.

Yet, half the people in here apparently think they can do it better. Unbelievable. Best in show isn't good enough I guess. Geez.

Add drop targets, add a shaker, change the music... Just stop! Let the dude execute his vision, then buy it or don't.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No Shit!
Some "no-name guy" (no offense Scott) makes a homebrew machine with NO ART and Sharpie markings on the inserts and it wins BEST GAME at a pinball show. How many millions of dollars went into games like Batman and Dialed In, yet a half-baked whitewood beat them all. It seems to me Scott knows what he's doing and doesn't need the peanut gallery meddling in his design.
Yet, half the people in here apparently think they can do it better. Unbelievable. Best in show isn't good enough I guess. Geez.
Add drop targets, add a shaker, change the music... Just stop! Let the dude execute his vision, then buy it or don't.

I will be the next in line to suggest a big spoonful of STFU. Scott's game, Scott's vision and it's pretty dang awesome. I played it multiple times and had number one high score between another guy who got GC and 2nd. Let these guys do their thing in peace. I know the current spelling is "there" but decided to do it the old fashioned way. I don't get "payed" for spelling.

#425 7 years ago

Mods should just ban anyone from this thread who suggest changes to Scott.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

and had number one high score between another guy who got GC and 2nd

I wonder who that other guy was

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

and it wins BEST GAME at a pinball show

I heard that is also technically would have won best in show at TPF but they excluded it since their rule is that is "must be a production based game" which it had not been announced it was going into produciton at that point.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder who that other guy was

Wasn't my place to call you out. I don't have a podcast. To my credit I have played TA in 2 states.

#429 7 years ago

Drunk and sober

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Drunk and sober

That is actually true

#431 7 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend Scott or anyone here. I just really like thinking about and discussing pinball design. I understand that Scott has way more talent than myself; but it is still enjoyable for me to discuss what shots I enjoy or don't enjoy. In many ways having the discussion helps me to understand the "why" behind my feelings. No doubt a lot of thought went into each aspect of the game and I don't expect any changes to be made based on discussion within this thread. As is it's an amazing game and very deserving of best in show.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

with the drop down, you don't have anything to hit

False.

1. Drops don't have to "stay down for a full reset" if you put a solenoid behind each one. See Barracora, Defender. Raise them when you choose.
2. You can have standups behind drops.

-mof

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

False.
1. Drops don't have to "stay down for a full reset" if you put a solenoid behind each one. See Barracora, Defender. Raise them when you choose.

Very expensive mech. Fathom has this also.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

False.
2. You can have standups behind drops.
-mof

Those all add money

#435 7 years ago

the greatest thing since slced bread.jpgthe greatest thing since slced bread.jpg

#436 7 years ago

I was just asking if this has a shaker?

Sorry if this upsets some snowflake here.

Last I checked this was America not Nazi Germany where no one is allowed to ask a question.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was just asking if this has a shaker?

Bigass sub. Same diff.

#438 7 years ago

It plays pretty damn awesome as is.

I am a huge fan of drop targets but I understand why it doesn't have more of them. It seems like they are costly. The struggle with this game is going to be how to get it down to a price point that people will accept. People love their ramps! This game doesn't have any.

#439 7 years ago

I'm super excited about this announcement. When do you think we'll hear about price and when the first games will be ready? It's a little tough to tell from the FB posts, but it sounds like the prototype is done but w/ perhaps early beta code.

Regardless, congrats Scott, I hope TA is a big success.

#440 7 years ago

Very excited for this pin as well.

#441 7 years ago

So.... Whats the price?

#442 7 years ago

Not sure where the rules are that state you can't evaluate an awesome machine and discuss what could make it better or worse? Why all the push back? This is a forum...to you know...discuss things. I love everything I am seeing on TA, but I too wonder about drops as this is a mech that is part of every machine I love. No insult is meant towards Scott just because I wonder about tweaks or changes. It's no dis on him. I have the same question about many classic pinball designs.

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Bigass sub. Same diff.

Really hope the same quality speakers make it into production.

#444 7 years ago

To those who have played: what's the highest number of reactors you've destroyed in a single game? Is there currently a wizard mode for destroying the final one?

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

To those who have played: what's the highest number of reactors you've destroyed in a single game? Is there currently a wizard mode for destroying the final one?

I remember hearing that when you win, the flippers go dead and the ball drains. It's a one-way mission if you succeed, you blow yourself up with all the reactors.

Seems like a fun concept!

#446 7 years ago

As of Saturday at the MGC Scott said the maximum number he had seen beaten was four. I'm unsure if that was specifically at the MGC or including previous showings. He beat 3 or 4 in the game that I played with him.

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Not sure where the rules are that state you can't evaluate an awesome machine and discuss what could make it better or worse? Why all the push back? This is a forum...to you know...discuss things.

I agree to all who are concerned about any question regarding this pin, Pinside is not your safe place, go to your safe place.

#448 7 years ago

It would be cool if we could actually discuss this pin and have legit questions/suggestions. Instead it seems that all that is acceptable is comments about how it is "absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!"

If I was the designer, I would welcome feedback and suggestions. That is how things improve.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree to all who are concerned about any question regarding this pin, Pinside is not your safe place, go to your safe place.

What is good for people like you who are allowed to give their opinion may not be good for everyone. Some of us like brutal fast games instead of 45 minute mode based mind-fuck adventures where you battle dragons and Yoda. Just trying to protect an awesome game from the Pinside think tank.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just trying to protect an awesome game from the Pinside think tank.

well said! ESP from those that have not even played it yet. Like I said before, I just wish is was not announced for development already because being a whitewood, people all of a sudden feel open to requesting broad and often major changes (i.e. controlled drops with standups behind is a huge change at this stage in design and cost and code and ruleset)

I am pretty sure Scott welcomes all thoughts, suggestions, and critisisims. He is one of the nicest guys around and totally awesome!

If people have a good idea, then just contact him. I am sure he will be open ears. There is even a good chance he has already thought out or tried some of your ideas (like I said, he is totally awesome!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.