Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 145.
#4401 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

I don't think I'll be offering my target decals for free LOL....but you can buy them here as I am not affiliated to spooky. It's awesome however that you think that they made them. I guess I hit the nail on the head on this one

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01381-total-nuclear-annihilation-target-decals

#4402 6 years ago

so excited for the new code!!!!!

#4403 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

Was anyone promised they'd receive their game in numerical order? You guys get way too worked up over this number stuff. Even LEs from Stern aren't built and shipped in numerical order. Some dummies request certain numbers, so they dig that # plate out of the box. And you can bet they ship games in whatever order serves their purposes, not in the order people put money down.

#4404 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't think I'll be offering my target decals for free LOL....but you can buy them here as I am not affiliated to spooky. It's awesome however that you think that they made them. I guess I hit the nail on the head on this one
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01381-total-nuclear-annihilation-target-decals

"provided by whoever is jumping"

#4405 6 years ago

guys guys guys, Spooky is making the machine. If you want to worry about numbers or something like that, go in on an Alien or TBL. I hear they're going a great job delivering machines in order...

#4406 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I understand the idea for building machines out of order but this benefits everyone except the people being skipped. There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

Free stickers?
Spooky Pinball = Trader Joe's?

Waiting is a pain but I would prefer more information in place of freebies.
Happy to stand in line and I understand changes caused by business and manufacturing necessity will delay my shipment from the original expectation.
I want Spooky to succeed and I support them doing what they need to do to keep the lights on and produce world class pinball.
To date their track record speaks to their commitment to customer service and doing the right thing.
Keep up the good work.

#4407 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

"provided by whoever is jumping"

That suits me just fine then

#4408 6 years ago

I’m looking forward to my TNA and being patient.

I was however under the impression that machines would be built in order in “batches” depending on your order number. Mine will be in the third batch I was told when I ordered with an estimate of January or early Feb. I was not told that their would be line jumping and everything else in between. So I guess maybe mine will be in the third batch, 4th batch, or whenever it gets to my turn after line jumping. I ordered mine the first day I was able to as a non repeat customer in August. For now I do not mind waiting.

It does bring up some confusion as we patiently wait. I can see why some are beginning to vent some frustration. They have after all made a non refundable deposit so we are at the will of the wait.

I can also see why there are some that have already recieved theirs out of order are scoffing at those that haven’t yet and confused by the jumping. I too would take mine earlier than my order number if offered without hesitation

#4409 6 years ago

WANT MY TNA Capture (resized).JPGWANT MY TNA Capture (resized).JPG

#4410 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m looking forward to my TNA and being patient.
I was however under the impression that machines would be built in order in “batches” depending on your order number. Mine will be in the third batch I was told when I ordered with an estimate of January or early Feb. I was not told that their would be line jumping and everything else in between. So I guess maybe mine will be in the third batch, 4th batch, or whenever it gets to my turn after line jumping. I ordered mine the first day I was able to as a non repeat customer in August. For now I do not mind waiting.
It does bring up some confusion as we patiently wait. I can see why some are beginning to vent some frustration. They have after all made a non refundable deposit so we are at the will of the wait.
I can also see why there are some that have already recieved theirs out of order are scoffing at those that haven’t yet and confused by the jumping. I too would take mine earlier than my order number if offered without hesitation

Pretty sure any people getting their game early is VERY minimal. We are talking a few people that got moved up so games could make it out on location around the country. I dont think you are waiting any more that an additional week or 2 based on how few are happening out of order and how quickly they are ramping up. No real reason to get stressed out IMHO. Spooky is building a GREAT game (honestly still impressed with how well it is holding up on route with heavy play) and you will be stoked once you get yours.

For the record I got bumped also. I was supposed to be #1 till that Ed Robertson guy jumped the line Guy sings a song about pinball and look what happens, lol

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I was however under the impression that machines would be built in order in “batches” depending on your order number.

And they will be as much as possible.

We aren't selling games out the back door to vendors, we aren't letting game #100 go before game #50 because we like somebody better, we aren't doing ANYTHING shady.

If we fill all the home orders first, operators get pissed. If we don't get games to operators, those who want to play on location (many of which are potential buyers) get pissed. If we don't get games to shows that are counting on them for attendees to play... EVERYONE AT THAT SHOW gets pissed. If we send a dozen games to Australia... doesn't make it even possible to ship them 1 at a time in order. They MUST go in a container all at once or the shipping costs go through the roof.

And this is just scratching the surface of what we deal with on a daily basis.

Doing our best. Never going to be a perfect system for any of this.

#4412 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I understand the idea for building machines out of order but this benefits everyone except the people being skipped. There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

Nobody is being skipped. Game # doesn't mean sequentially built unit off the line.

#4413 6 years ago

It all makes sense Charlie, keep it up. You guys are doing great and are more transparent than almost any other company out there. Can't wait to see Alice Cooper and beyond.

#4414 6 years ago

Part of being an entrepreneur is making smart business decisions on the fly. Decisions that outsiders may not comprehend or appreciate. I trust that Charlie, Katie and Scott will do what's best for all.
I'm one of the guys being skipped over right now. I want my game but I'm not concerned in the least and I don't expect compensation of any kind.

Don't pre-order a game if you have a propensity to having hissy fits.

#4415 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That

#4416 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Part of being an entrepreneur is making smart business decisions on the fly. Decisions that outsiders may not comprehend or appreciate. I trust that Charlie, Katie and Scott will do what's best for all.
I'm one of the guys being skipped over right now. I want my game but I'm not concerned in the least and I don't expect compensation of any kind.

Heck that would probably cut the current orders in half.

#4417 6 years ago

I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.

We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.

Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.

I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.

The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!

All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

#4418 6 years ago

Don’t worry about anyone in here. You’re doing everything 100% right and the best any new company has. You’ve got nothing you need to defend

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.
We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.
Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.
I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.
The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!
All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

#4419 6 years ago

Spooky Pinball is making the best choices for the industry and fans alike. Yes we all have them on order and yes it is a great game. We can't wait to get ours on location whenever that will be, and yes it will drive more sales for preorders once people in our area of KY play it and then they will be hundreds in line behind all of us who believed in Scott and the gang early on. Keep up the good work Spooky.

#4420 6 years ago

I don’t think anyone is getting butthurt over show and routers and oversees getting ahead. If you think about it, it gets more excitement in the community for TNA. I myself is excited over your success and can’t wait to see sale 301.
I think what your getting is “the watched pot” syndrome. And our excitement of being close may be misinterpreted as finger pointing etc.

Keep up the good work spooky. And thank you.

#4421 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

80s reference...check
Spooky reference...check

PS: I really am just posting to be able to use that image.

#4422 6 years ago

The more exposure TnA gets, the more games will be sold. The more games sold, the more employees Spooky can responsibly hire and ramp up production. Perhaps by this logic, you will get your game faster!

#4423 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The more exposure TnA gets, the more games will be sold. The more games sold, the more employees Spooky can responsibly hire and ramp up production. Perhaps by this logic, you will get your game faster!

This guy gets it!

Great job Noob Noob.

#4424 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Great job Noob Noob.

Commence new game title speculation.

#4425 6 years ago

Meatloaf

#4426 6 years ago

Let's keep things friendly. This is my first pre-order experience and I too, am feeling the pain. It's just because I am so desperate to play this thing. Location pinball is scarce in my neck of the woods. It's definitely a watch the pot syndrome. And the out of order thing just makes it a little confusing for us pot watching because just kinda looking for a timeline. Never any doubt it will get made, delivered and be great. So, cut some slack for the occasional outburst of momentary frustration for those awaiting a great game.

#4427 6 years ago

Not no but HELL NO!

#4428 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Let's keep things friendly. This is my first pre-order experience and I too, am feeling the pain. It's just because I am so desperate display this thing. Location pinball is scarce in my neck of the woods. It's definitely a watch the pot syndrome. And the out of order thing just makes it a little confusing for us pot watching because just kinda looking for a timeline. Never any doubt it will get made, delivered and be great. So, cut some slack for the occasional outburst of momentary frustration for those awaiting a great game.

Pretty much sums it up. Keep the communication flowing and all is good. I see all sides here personally.

#4429 6 years ago

Hey now, let's not be hasty, cut me in on the action and I'll wait a little longer.

In all seriousness, I'm game #75, in the 'any day now' territory, and if my game needs to wait a little to get one on a show floor so they can sell more I'm 110% okay with it. People should chill, this isn't a hobby about getting things immediately. Let them do their work. I care more about the success of the game and company than being impatient personally.

#4430 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In all seriousness, I'm game #75, in the 'any day now' territory, and if my game needs to wait a little to get one on a show floor so they can sell more I'm 110% okay with it.

I'm #73 or something like that and feel the exact same way.

#4431 6 years ago

TNA NOW!!!! (resized).jpgTNA NOW!!!! (resized).jpg

#4433 6 years ago

Call 877-CASH-NOW

#4434 6 years ago

If we don't get games to operators, those who want to play on location (many of which are potential buyers) get pissed.

I am in this camp, a potential buyer waiting to play it locally before deciding to make it my first NIB And our local guy just picked it up today and is driving it back to Main Street Amusements, a great location nearby, so I'm looking forward to playing it in the next couple weeks!

#4435 6 years ago

And they will be as much as possible.
We aren't selling games out the back door to vendors, we aren't letting game #100 go before game #50 because we like somebody better, we aren't doing ANYTHING shady.
If we fill all the home orders first, operators get pissed. If we don't get games to operators, those who want to play on location (many of which are potential buyers) get pissed. If we don't get games to shows that are counting on them for attendees to play... EVERYONE AT THAT SHOW gets pissed. If we send a dozen games to Australia... doesn't make it even possible to ship them 1 at a time in order. They MUST go in a container all at once or the shipping costs go through the roof.
And this is just scratching the surface of what we deal with on a daily basis.
Doing our best. Never going to be a perfect system for any of this.

Someone key this so poor Charlie doesn’t have to repeat it every couple of pages lol.

#4436 6 years ago

Got my tracking number!

#4437 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Location pinball is scarce in my neck of the woods.

Maybe you can change that by operating one or more TNAs?

#4438 6 years ago

I love hearing that location games will get delivered first!! TNA is an entirely new type of game vs. what we have seen in the recent past, it’s retro/modern and that is making pinball exciting again for many of us. You could even argue this game has influenced Stern based on what we are hearing. I need to play it before I pull the trigger! Just got word an operator in the area will be getting one!! I’ll be dumping my quarters in it!! GO SPOOKY!!

#4439 6 years ago

got a few games on the beta new code and WOW!

It just keeps getting better!!!! Gonna ditch out of work early and go play more tonight!

#4440 6 years ago

You have to hand it to Spooky. These guys started from nothing a few years ago and now with TNA and Alice Copper next at bat, it's bound to be a very good year for them. They deserve it.

#4441 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You have to hand it to Spooky. These guys started from nothing a few years ago and now with TNA and Alice Copper next at bat, it's bound to be a very good year for them. They deserve it.

Glad they are having success with TNA! Part of the balancing act of having such an in-demand machine is not expanding the workforce too fast (it will lead to constriction later), but at the same time trying to get machines out fast enough that folks don't start backing out of their orders going after the next big machine ...

I really hope Alice is a hit after the beating that Rob Zombie has taken from pinside. Would still like to play a Zombie despite the shelling.

#4442 6 years ago

They're not ALL going to operators. Mine is a home game. I do plan to have a group of locals over once I work out the few issues that cropped up during shipping, so it's not like I'm not introducing new people to it, though.

#4443 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Glad they are having success with TNA! Part of the balancing act of having such an in-demand machine is not expanding the workforce too fast (it will lead to constriction later), but at the same time trying to get machines out fast enough that folks don't start backing out of their orders going after the next big machine ...
I really hope Alice is a hit after the beating that Rob Zombie has taken from pinside. Would still like to play a Zombie despite the shelling.

RZ is a great game with a lot going for it. Not a good fit for the everyone gets a trophy type.

Art, music, call outs, and build quality are all top notch. Game play is tough and non-conventional.

#4444 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Let's keep things friendly.

Couldn't agree more! It's pinball... it's fun! We're not going anywhere, and we take the "I want mine now" stuff as a compliment to what Scott has made.

After the minor early production hiccups, games are moving out at a very steady pace. Again, anyone who wants to visit the shop... we've pretty much got an open door policy here. Just don't ask me if you can "see Alice Cooper" or "what is your next game". We kinda get that a lot.

BF (resized).JPGBF (resized).JPG

#4445 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Game play is tough

This is a huge understatement. My machine absolutely infuriates me at times yet I still find myself pushing the start button. I guess I’m just a glutten for punishment.

#4446 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

They're not ALL going to operators. Mine is a home game. I do plan to have a group of locals over once I work out the few issues that cropped up during shipping, so it's not like I'm not introducing new people to it, though.

Haul it across the street to chris' house for tonight's gathering

#4447 6 years ago

All of the drama is over nothing. When you preorder a game you are going to be waiting. I waited over 6 months for my AMH and it's no big deal. They ship when they are ready and not a moment sooner. As for any line jumping Spooky has to make a few decisions based on business such as running the over seas games in a group for shipping, making the butter cabinet games in a group, getting games to shows, etc. If you are not OK with that then I would dare say that you at being unreasonable with a small family owned business. It's a very different game build from AMH and RZ so it's going to take longer to get going.

Just don't ask me if you can "see Alice Cooper" or "what is your next game". We kinda get that a lot.

Can I at least play it with a blind fold on then? I can't drive 12 hours just for spotted cow.

#4448 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I can't drive 12 hours just for spotted cow.

We know people who do!

Seriously, I'm not offended by any of this... Trying to keep everyone happy all the time is a tall order, but we really do care and try.

On the bright side, nobody remembers those first 2 years here better than I do... and having people wanting their games quicker is a WHOLE LOT BETTER than wondering how we're going to stay afloat if games don't start selling.

Quoted from johnnyutah:

Pretty much sums it up. Keep the communication flowing and all is good. I see all sides here personally.

THANK YOU!!! So do we. Can't wait to get that game to you, and we will.

#4449 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Quoted from RustyLizard:

RZ is a great game with a lot going for it. Not a good fit for the everyone gets a trophy type.

Art, music, call outs, and build quality are all top notch. Game play is tough and non-conventional.

I have almost 30 games, and RZ is one of my favs! Not entirely sure why it gets bagged so hard here, but it is FAR better than the general Pinside consensus.

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

RZ is a hit at my house. It's certainly not going to be for everyone but no game is. They only made 300 of them so only 300 people need to like it anyway. Don't believe everything you read on pinside. According to pinside stern is almost bankrupt and SW is the worst game ever made and most of all spike systems explode in 5 years to make you have to throw your game away and buy a new one. Steve Ritchie is washed up, Borg is a hack that steals designs, Lonnie Ropp couldn't code a bingo machine, etc. I've literally seen all of these things spew from peoples keyboards on this site. It's borderline ridiculous what is said half the time.

We know people who do!

I make the trek to Munster IN just below Chicago for 3 Floyds Dark Lord Day and to stock up on Zombie Dust every year so I certainly cannot judge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/89?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.