Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 145.
#4301 6 years ago

51 arrived today!

2EC38D98-F20E-4A66-B5EB-F08880BAB31F (resized).jpeg2EC38D98-F20E-4A66-B5EB-F08880BAB31F (resized).jpeg

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Does anyone know if the mirror blades are something you need to order from pinball life and have shipped to spooky like the shaker and knocker or do they have them on hand to install. I changed my original order from the graphic blades offered at launch to the mirrors but wanted to send everything at the same time. Really don't want to bother Spooky as I'm sure they have plenty to worry about right now other than my meltdown mirrors

Order the blades from Terry and have them shipped to Spooky.

#4303 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Order the blades from Terry and have them shipped to Spooky.

Thanks Bryan!

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Does anyone know if the mirror blades are something you need to order from pinball life and have shipped to spooky like the shaker and knocker or do they have them on hand to install. I changed my original order from the graphic blades offered at launch to the mirrors but wanted to send everything at the same time. Really don't want to bother Spooky as I'm sure they have plenty to worry about right now other than my meltdown mirrors

You need to purchase them from PBL and have them shipped to Spooky, typically with your Shaker/Knocker order. Owlnonymous installed his own on his stream and they looked pretty simple to work with.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from zero:

#50 arrived in Canada today!

At projected 10 a week, I'm wondering how many of us are doing math right now.

#4306 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

At projected 10 a week, I'm wondering how many of us are doing math right now.

Waiting for #112 to put on location in Connecticut. Don’t think they have hit the 10 a week stride just yet. I’ve been doing the math for awhile and it never adds up quick enough

#4307 6 years ago

I am feeling because of the holiday season it made a delay on the the production. I would guess on average currently in the 5-8 a week range. But remember that could be a bunch one week, and then just a few the others. Think of the batching they mentioned in parts etc..
I'm sure they will be able to ramp up even more this month.
Keep up the good work spooky

#4308 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I feeling he holiday season it a day more on the the production. I would guess on average in the 5-8 a week. But remember that could be a bunch one week Andy noun few the others. Think of the batching they mentioned in parts etc.
I'm sure they will ramp up even more this month. Keep up the good work spooky

Hey Ed , have you been drinking ? I mean I get what you're saying , but I've had a few myself ( so that helps) .

#4309 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Waiting for #112 to put on location in Connecticut. Don’t think they have hit the 10 a week stride just yet. I’ve been doing the math for awhile and it never adds up quick enough

My brother lives in CT , where is your game going to be located ? He might want to check it out .

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hey Ed , have you been drinking ? I mean I get what you're saying , but I've had a few myself ( so that helps) .

He has been like that since his game made it to the current batch of 25. I think Ed is broken.

#4311 6 years ago

Interested in what people’s experiences have been like with the shipping companies.

Newb questions: Do they call to figure out what might be a good time for you or is it your responsibility to be home on their schedule? Do they come right inside with it or just get it to the driveway?

#4312 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

He has been like that since his game made it to the current batch of 25. I think Ed is broken.

It’s my older iPad and pinside. Completely sucks. Autocorrects words before typing because pinside for some reason takes a lot of processing to type a simple message. Plus I didn’t reread it.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My brother lives in CT , where is your game going to be located ? He might want to check it out .

Going to The Sanctum in Meriden. Where does he live. We have a hell of a crew here with like 50 people on Monday nights for leagues and a ton of fun.

#4314 6 years ago

Going to The Sanctum in Meriden. Where does he live. We have a hell of a crew here with like 50 people on Monday nights for leagues and a ton of fun.

He's in Norwich , looks like it is about an hour from Meriden . I will tell him he should check Sanctum out .

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Interested in what people’s experiences have been like with the shipping companies.
Newb questions: Do they call to figure out what might be a good time for you or is it your responsibility to be home on their schedule? Do they come right inside with it or just get it to the driveway?

I was at work when my RZ was delivered but my wife said they were very nice and brought it all the way up the driveway and onto the walkway by the front door (they asked first). I'm certain they weren't prepared to bring it inside but they did kind of offer to help her... they were mostly just fascinated by the idea of a pinball machine at someone's doorstep, particularly in the middle of a state forest.
I don't recall the specifics but they definitely communicated when it would be arriving. Wife's a stay-at-home pinball mom so I don't recall how specific they were about the time. It was all I could do not to call in sick that day and you can bet I exceeded the speed limit coming home.

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

It depends on the shipper and the shipping company. i have shipped many, many machines. i always inform the shipper that they need to have the driver contact the location at least 24 hours prior and then again 2 hours prior to the delivery. Spooky generally uses R&L (same with JJP) and they are generally good about contacting prior to delivery. you can also ask for a copy of the tracking number (usually provided) and follow up with the destination terminal to set up a delivery time that works for you.

#4317 6 years ago

Is there a explanation on the ball save and what the different colors mean? I thought scott explained it in a twitch feed but can’t locate what one it was?

#4318 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Is there a explanation on the ball save and what the different colors mean? I thought scott explained it in a twitch feed but can’t locate what one it was?

different 'layers' or levels of ball save. With skill you can build up multiple ball saves.

#4319 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Most likely R&L will be doing the delivery and will tell you to be home all day to wait for it or it will be rescheduled at a fee and they only bring it up the driveway.
My personal experience with 3 different NIB deliveries.
-Mike

#4320 6 years ago

I’ve received 5 pins delivered they should drop it off place in your garage if you like but don’t bring it inside your house.

Typically will coordinate a vague time like 8-12 or 12-5 timeframe.

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It depends on the shipper and the shipping company. i have shipped many, many machines. i always inform the shipper that they need to have the driver contact the location at least 24 hours prior and then again 2 hours prior to the delivery. Spooky generally uses R&L (same with JJP) and they are generally good about contacting prior to delivery. you can also ask for a copy of the tracking number (usually provided) and follow up with the destination terminal to set up a delivery time that works for you.

Do any of the shippers offer an option (extra fee, of course) to bring inside the house and down a flight of stairs, or is that on the buyer to arrange separately?

#4322 6 years ago

Dear Scott, Spooky, Matt Andrews & Pinball Life - I love TNA! What would the odds be of making this a cabinet art upgrade or aftermarket option?

AmwBbNO (resized).jpgAmwBbNO (resized).jpg

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do any of the shippers offer an option (extra fee, of course) to bring inside the house and down a flight of stairs, or is that on the buyer to arrange separately?

There are some companies that offer "white glove" service. I would suggest finding a local pinhead to help you though. Usually white glove service runs about $800 with shipping.

#4324 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Dear Scott, Spooky, Matt Andrews & Pinball Life - I love TNA! What would the odds be of making this a cabinet art upgrade or aftermarket option?

The cabinet art on TNA is excellent. While that's cool looking I think that would be a big downgrade.

#4325 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The cabinet art on TNA is excellent. While that's cool looking I think that would be a big downgrade.

I like the original as well, the art under the trim really pops.

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

I’d like that art to be on rule cards in apron-

#4327 6 years ago

Could be made into Scott's business card.

Scott 4 (resized).pngScott 4 (resized).png

#4328 6 years ago
Quoted from zero:

#50 arrived in Canada today!

I helped set up this game.
It plays fast,and fun.

This game is going to sell a shit ton of them.
I'm thinking of getting one or two myself now
This game wasn't even on my radar,now it is.

Thanks Trevor,fun game dude.

#4329 6 years ago

I Played TNA at Tilt in Minneapolis last week, and it was easily the funnest game we played. Solo games were fun but we had a blast playing 3-player.

#4330 6 years ago

I've never owned a game where setting it up the way I want it to play was so important. Playfield angle and coil strengths are so important. Initially set up, mine played too fast for my taste. It almost wasn't fun.

I reduced the lower sling and flipper coil strengths and set the playfield incline at about 6 degrees and I now love it. I have two buddies who also own the game and one of them has his set more difficult then mine and the other easier.

My point is, it may take some time but you can make the game as hard or easy as you want.

Oh, and Scott Denesi is awesome!!

#4331 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You're right - I shouldn't have used the word "upgrade" - aftermarket alternative, maybe.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I like the original as well, the art under the trim really pops.

I don't disagree - I love the original art as well

Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’d like that art to be on rule cards in apron-

That's a better idea than mine The music in TNA puts the game over the top (in a good way) for me - of the 100 or so games I've played, it is in my Top 2. So I like the idea of this walkman / headphones image in there somewhere...the apron would be perfect.

#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've never owned a game where setting it up the way I want it to play was so important. Playfield angle and coil strengths are so important. Initially set up, mine played too fast for my taste. It almost wasn't fun.

I reduced the lower sling and flipper coil strengths and set the playfield incline at about 6 degrees and I now love it. I have two buddies who also own the game and one of them has his set more difficult then mine and the other easier.

My point is, it may take some time but you can make the game as hard or easy as you want.

Could you share your settings? I get airballs on ours all over the place. I know my pitch is at 7 degrees (which most of my games are). I'm interested to try lowering this. I'm curious what you set the coil strength to.

Separate issue, I'm having problems with the auto-launcher not sending the ball around the arch all the time. Probably 1-3 times per game, the ball ends up rattling around after the auto-launch and not coming into the orbit clean. Sometimes it just rattles around but doesn't change trajectory too much. Often it rattles around enough that it doesn't have the strength to make it around the upper arch. Once it even shot up and over the lane and hit the center grid targets off the auto-launch. Has anyone else seen any of this?

#4333 6 years ago

Yes I adjusted my autolaucher,
It’s not making good contact initially from a crooked angle.
I loosened the three screws (two in front and one in back) and moved it towards the shooter lane.
No issues since.

Also changed lower slingshots to from seven to six

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

He's in Norwich , looks like it is about an hour from Meriden . I will tell him he should check Sanctum out .

Sweet. We have people driving much further every Monday night for leagues. All corners of the state,NY and MA too. Well worth the drive. 47 games on free play for a 10$ donation door fee and byob!

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Separate issue, I'm having problems with the auto-launcher not sending the ball around the arch all the time. Probably 1-3 times per game, the ball ends up rattling around after the auto-launch and not coming into the orbit clean. Sometimes it just rattles around but doesn't change trajectory too much. Often it rattles around enough that it doesn't have the strength to make it around the upper arch. Once it even shot up and over the lane and hit the center grid targets off the auto-launch. Has anyone else seen any of this?

I am having the exact problem. I think I spent an hour or so trying to fix this very issue and I had no luck. I tried setting my auto launch to the lowest setting, still rattled around. I set it at a higher setting, same thing. Adjusted the plunger to be centered on the ball, made sure all screws were tight, took slow motion video of auto launcher to see if I could notice anything. Nothing worked. The only thing I could see is that the metal ramp leading into the orbit looks like it is at a slight angle and makes the ball lean to the right and hit the shooter lane wall. Then it bounces back to the left and rattles on up. Sometimes making it all the way around, sometimes going into the core playfield, but sometimes it will rattle back down to shooter lane again. Super frustrating. Watching other streams of the game I didn’t see it do that. Hoping for some direction.

#4336 6 years ago

I love Scott and he is nice

#4337 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This is a fact!
We interviewed the man himself for our podcast this week and he answered all our questions
We talked about his journey with TNA, his music, and the upcoming update and the possibility of future pins.
Will be uploaded on episode 25 in about.....28 hours from this post here - http://www.head2headpinball.com/

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This is a fact!
We interviewed the man himself for our podcast this week and he answered all our questions
We talked about his journey with TNA, his music, and the upcoming update and the possibility of future pins.
Will be uploaded on episode 25 in about.....28 hours from this post here - http://www.head2headpinball.com/

only 26 hours to go..

#4339 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I am having the exact problem. I think I spent an hour or so trying to fix this very issue and I had no luck. I tried setting my auto launch to the lowest setting, still rattled around. I set it at a higher setting, same thing. Adjusted the plunger to be centered on the ball, made sure all screws were tight, took slow motion video of auto launcher to see if I could notice anything. Nothing worked. The only thing I could see is that the metal ramp leading into the orbit looks like it is at a slight angle and makes the ball lean to the right and hit the shooter lane wall. Then it bounces back to the left and rattles on up. Sometimes making it all the way around, sometimes going into the core playfield, but sometimes it will rattle back down to shooter lane again. Super frustrating. Watching other streams of the game I didn’t see it do that. Hoping for some direction.

Have you contacted spooky support? I’m certain Chris will do what he can to help you out.

#4340 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Nate,

I would start with this. If the ball is rattling around then it must either be being hit at an angle, or there is possibly something in the shooter lane itself that the ball is hitting after being launched.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yes I adjusted my autolaucher,
It’s not making good contact initially from a crooked angle.
I loosened the three screws (two in front and one in back) and moved it towards the shooter lane.
No issues since.
Also changed lower slingshots to from seven to six

#4341 6 years ago

Sweet. We have people driving much further every Monday night for leagues. All corners of the state,NY and MA too. Well worth the drive. 47 games on free play for a 10$ donation door fee and byob!

I am going to make the drive and I am one of those players over an hour a way. Looking forward to it (looks like an awesome place with a great, and ever changing, collection).

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I am going to make the drive and I am one of those players over an hour a way. Looking forward to it (looks like an awesome place with a great, and ever changing, collection).

Awesome! Look forward to seeing you there!

#4343 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Have you contacted spooky support? I’m certain Chris will do what he can to help you out.

Yeah that will be the next step. Spooky has always been great so I am sure we can figure something out.

#4344 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I'm going to try adjusting/centering the kicker first, since that seems easy. My assumption though is that it's the metal ramp. I'm guessing it's off just enough to get the ball to skip. Maybe it's a combination of the kicker and the ramp (which might explain the inconsistency) to where fixing the kicker minimizes the ramp issue. We'll see. I'll have to go the tech route too if it's not the kicker.

#4345 6 years ago

I would also rechecked the game for level left/right?

like Chris said it could be something really minor affecting the ball maybe one of the "ramp" screws are a hair loose allowing for erratic behavior. when checking the auto launcher always move it from the bottom plunger to simulate the coil firing and remove your tendencies to straighten it when moving just the arm. check for too much play on the arm aka a nylock drifted out of place.

#4346 6 years ago

Fortytwo how do you adjust the auto plunger? Mine has a little bit of Play going left to right, but that seems normal given that it is on a rod with an e-clip. The screws holding the assembly down are firm. I don’t know how it can be moved?

#4347 6 years ago

I would recommend loosening the screws that holds the pivot plate to the playfeild. then making sure its contacting the ball square by rotating it with the little amount of play it will have. Tighten it down.

#4348 6 years ago

Ordered my tape today from Pinballlife.com
Cant have the game yet but my tape player will love me again .
Yet another reason to keep my 2001 F150 lol.

#4349 6 years ago

I got my tape yesterday , I had Scott sign it also

20180107_181301 (resized).jpg20180107_181301 (resized).jpg

20180107_181315 (resized).jpg20180107_181315 (resized).jpg

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Could be made into Scott's business card.

Add on to this...
Hobbies: Being Awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/87?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.