Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 145.
#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Was any additional info (pricing, availability, install option during production) released on this product?

Not yet... not quite as simple as it looks right now. Anything we do like this needs to be tested completely and super simple to install.

We'll figure it out soon. I get to spend some time with Scott again tomorrow, and that's always a good thing.

#4152 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

With Alice right behind it, we've got some thinking to do.

It's great to read this post. I realize that TNA has the spotlight now and rightfully so as one of the best pinball machines ever manufactured. I've played it on route at Alt Brew, Pinball Life, Tilt in Mpls and at a private collectors house and LOVE it every time. But, there's no doubt from what little information we've heard that Alice is going to be right up there with the best. Don't mean to get off-topic with the thread, but your one word "Alice" in the post above got me all excited!!

2018 is going to be a great year for pinball and Spooky!!

#4153 6 years ago

censored in case you can't say Lionm*n in this thread).

Wait is this like the buffalo club?

#4154 6 years ago

He assaulted Kayte's squirrel and turtle!!!
I can't wait to move and clean up the yard with a giant concrete Lionm*n statue (censored in case you can't say Lionm*n in this thread).

The squirrel was dead when I got there.

#4155 6 years ago

Yay!!!! It has been so hard to actually focus at work this afternoon.
4C25BF95-9D33-4F44-8F4D-B917FAC97460 (resized).jpeg4C25BF95-9D33-4F44-8F4D-B917FAC97460 (resized).jpeg

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Yay!!!! It has been so hard to actually focus at work this afternoon.

Aww, 6 days old. So cute at that age!

#4157 6 years ago

Anyone need a little more time to save up for a lower number TNA? I have reservation #191 through Pinballstar and the waiting is killing me! If you have a low number and want to swap, or would like to sell/swap (for a reasonable bounty) and your reservation is with Pinballstar, please PM me.
Thanks!

Added over 6 years ago: After some communications with PinballStar, I’ve found out that switching numbers is a bit of a problem for the production process, and not really supported.

#4158 6 years ago

Game #30 is on the floor at Pints & Pixels and playing great!

26836C29-CB0E-44F7-81F8-0F17BBA3B771 (resized).jpeg26836C29-CB0E-44F7-81F8-0F17BBA3B771 (resized).jpeg

#4159 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Game #30 is on the floor at Pints & Pixels and playing great!

And a customer walked in, played it, and ordered one already.

Thanks for the support Pints & Pixels, and everyone else who is buying or just giving TnA some love... this has already been a wild ride and I think it's just getting started!!!

#4160 6 years ago

The newest member of the family, #32. Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing. Hi Congrats to Spooky, you’ve got a hit on your hands.

F4972A49-4ABE-4D3A-B92A-B9093E43A897 (resized).jpegF4972A49-4ABE-4D3A-B92A-B9093E43A897 (resized).jpeg

#4161 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The newest member of the family, #32. Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing. Hi Congrats to Spooky, you’ve got a hit on your hands.

mmmmm....butter......

3WxBnNz (resized).jpg3WxBnNz (resized).jpg

#4162 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Fitting next to the popcorn machine. Extra butter please!

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing.

Rascal beat me to it!

Bunch of them went out last week, trying hard to get as many out this week for Christmas as we can.

#4164 6 years ago

Rascal beat me to it!
Bunch of them went out last week, trying hard to get as many out this week for Christmas as we can.

Awesome. Thanks for the hard work spooky team.
Even after I get mine it still will be exciting to see them rolling out the door.

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Only 93 to go for me!! Love those decals, glad I ordered them too!

#4166 6 years ago

That game is so pretty...

#4167 6 years ago

12 second avg ball time day one. Maybe a good 5-ball game?

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

5 balls is cheating.

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

This is a bug in avg ball time. Look at avg game time as it is more accurate. I am working on this.
--Scott

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

5 balls is cheating.

Nah. All my classic Ballys have always been on 5 ball. Do whatever you like, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

5 balls is cheating.

We’re not going for world records here. The game is on location and it needs to be fun and not feel like a ripoff to casual players. I’d prefer not run it at 5 Since nothing else in our place is set for 5. We’ll start with other tweaks first.

Avg game time is 1:15.

#4172 6 years ago

Set the reactors on easy, bump up the ball save time, and put extra ball 1 on reactor 2. You can then leave it on 3 ball and everyone should have fun.
--Scott

#4173 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

We’re not going for world records here. The game is on location and it needs to be fun and not feel like a ripoff to casual players. I’d prefer not run it at 5 Since nothing else in our place is set for 5. We’ll start with other tweaks first.
Avg game time is 1:15.

I would start with closing the outlanes and up the ball saver time.

I will note that players will quickly learn the game and once they do then game times will go up pretty quickly.

#4174 6 years ago

I got my deposit in on game #259 from Chris at KingPin Games. Now to play the waiting game.

#4175 6 years ago

It’s really awesome to see the game sales continuing to grow!

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I got my deposit in on game #259 from Chris at KingPin Games. Now to play the waiting game.

Congrats! Waiting is the hard part. Until for a least a little while, we have Hilton's machine at Alt Brew

#4177 6 years ago

We can play a 4 player game on Flash Gordon, set to 5 ball, and finish the entire game while someone else is still on ball one on Metallica. Which is of course set to 3, modern games on 5 ball is torture, it only works on older brutal titles that move fast. IMHO.

I'll see what I feel like doing with TNA, but if I decide it feels better like Flash Gordon on 5 I definitely won't apologize for it or feel embarrassed.

If you're interested in some kind of pissing contest with other people and want to say your machine is set up like theirs then cool, have at it. I couldn't care less if your game is on 3 ball and mine is on 5, it's not like I'm going to brag that I got more reactors than you or something.

#4178 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I got my deposit in on game #259

Wow, 259...way to go Spooky and Scott!

#4179 6 years ago

I had a moral dilemma with myself and setting my RZ to 5 ball. Ultimately I had to come to the conclusion that I’m NEVER going to see hellbound on a 3 ball setting. I recently set it to 5 ball and it still kicks my ass but hell who cares I’m still havin fun!

#4180 6 years ago

Seems to me that Stern had a 10 ball setting and maybe they still do. Or maybe my friend lied to me about that with his Family Guy.

#4181 6 years ago

I've always felt like 5 balls is cheating, but increasing extra balls and narrowing outlanes not as much. Totally a semantic thing, I get it. At least extra balls have to be earned to some degree, so they aren't *total* freebies. And to me narrowing the outlanes is a better option than increasing number of balls. I think people have more fun and less frustration on a 3 ball game that lasts as long as a 5 ball game due to fewer drains.

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Seems to me that Stern had a 10 ball setting and maybe they still do. Or maybe my friend lied to me about that with his Family Guy.

I know WPC games go that high, I would assume Stern stuff does too. The really odd thing I found was on one game I colored it wouldn't let you go down to 1 ball/game - 2 was the minimum. That was strange.

#4183 6 years ago

I have a friend who sets all his System 11's to 9 ball.

#4184 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

And you still consider him a friend?

#4185 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Turrible

#4186 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

...and all his System 9's to 11 ball?

#4187 6 years ago

my System 3 is set to 3 ball and my system 1's are set to 5 ball, don't know what I'd do with a system 80?

#4188 6 years ago

#230 here getting anxious for this killer game. If there is anyone out there with a low number that needs a little more time to gather funds I would love to swap spots.

#4189 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

#230 here getting anxious for this killer game. If there is anyone out there with a low number that needs a little more time to gather funds I would love to swap spots.

Same here

#4190 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My Stern Avatar pin has a 10 ball setting.

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

TNA can go from 1 to 10 balls per game.

Also from 1 to 9 reactors! One reactor battles for dollars are a blast, and level the playing field a bit if you have some novice players in the mix.

#4193 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One reactor battles for dollars are a blast, and level the playing field a bit if you have some novice players in the mix./blockquote>

I second this, they were a ton of fun at Doug's house; I felt like I had a chance even though I'm a crappy pinball player

#4194 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Also from 1 to 9 reactors! One reactor battles for dollars are a blast, and level the playing field a bit if you have some novice players in the mix.

Could you explain this one a little more please? Sounds like something I could play with my wife and kid.

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Could you explain this one a little more please? Sounds like something I could play with my wife and kid.

You can choose how many reactors it takes to reach Total Nuclear Annihilation. Default setting is all nine. When you reach TNA, you get a bonus and the game effectively ends. If you achieve it before ball 3, plunge any remaining balls and receive the TNA bonus again. So no matter how great you play, one reactor and you're done. The challenge is to maximize one reactor before blowing it (preferably during multiball, with multipliers).

#4196 6 years ago

Just thought of something for Scott to implement in his ample free time: timed reactor battles!

#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You can choose how many reactors it takes to reach Total Nuclear Annihilation. Default setting is all nine. When you reach TNA, you get a bonus and the game effectively ends. If you achieve it before ball 3, plunge any remaining balls and receive the TNA bonus again. So no matter how great you play, one reactor and you're done. The challenge is to maximize one reactor before blowing it (preferably during multiball, with multipliers).

There's also: get multiball and go for jackpots rather than working on the reactor for ball 1. If you're feeling cocky.

#4198 6 years ago

And a customer walked in, played it, and ordered one already.
Thanks for the support Pints & Pixels, and everyone else who is buying or just giving TnA some love... this has already been a wild ride and I think it's just getting started!!!

That was me, didn't even finish one ball and I was in "gonna buy this machine" mode. Went right back to my office and emailed Spooky.

#4199 6 years ago

There should be another TNA on location in the Chicago area in the next coming week or so

#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

There should be another TNA on location in the Chicago area in the next coming week or so

Sweet! Can’t wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/84?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.