Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 145.
#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I know I read in this thread that charlie was doing these in runs (can't remember if it was 50 or 100)and that the first was sold out. Does anyone know approx how long the wait list Is and a guesstimate as to how far out that puts delivery? I probably should have ordered after playing it at York but really want to see what ACooper looks like before I make a final decision.

I ordered #250 last week and was told late spring maybe early summer. Guessing May/June

I wonder how sales compare to projections, they must be giddy about the response to this game.

#4102 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I know I read in this thread that charlie was doing these in runs (can't remember if it was 50 or 100)and that the first was sold out. Does anyone know approx how long the wait list Is and a guesstimate as to how far out that puts delivery? I probably should have ordered after playing it at York but really want to see what ACooper looks like before I make a final decision.

TNA is an unlimited run. They make them in batches and will do a last call once it is getting towards the end of production.

Last posted is at least 252 are sold. Sounds like ~25 are out the door now and the next 25 going out the door soon. Charlie mentioned that they build in qty of 25 as they make runs to get mechs/etc from PBLife and the trailer maxes out at the parts for 25 builds

It appears they are picking up steam and things are going out quicker for each batch.

My best guess is that as more go out, then more will sell (as people play those ).

#4103 6 years ago

My apologies if this has been asked a million times. Anyone know roughly what they're up to? I'm #153, and was told in August that it'd be around the beginning of January. Just lookin' to find out if that's still true, without bothering Kayte if possible.

Also, a question or two for TheNoTrashCougar ...

Once again, my apologies if this is commonly known information, or if you are saving it all for your published biography someday , but how did you get into all this, sir? What did you study in college? Have you always been into pinball since you were a kid? Or, more likely, are you just some kind of crazy mad robot alien genius who simply started messing around one day in the garage?

#4104 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Also, a question or two for thenotrashcougar ...
Once again, my apologies if this is commonly known information, or if you are saving it all for your published biography someday , but how did you get into all this, sir? What did you study in college? Have you always been into pinball since you were a kid? Or, more likely, are you just some kind of crazy mad robot alien genius who simply started messing around one day in the garage?

+1 on this. You really did something awesome and would love to know what inspired the mad scientist in you?
-Mike

#4105 6 years ago

Scott has done several podcast interviews. Start with The Spooky Pinball podcast.

#4106 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Anyone know roughly what they're up to? I'm #153, and was told in August that it'd be around the beginning of January. Just lookin' to find out if that's still true, without bothering Kayte if possible.

Latest info I saw was a game in the mid 30's somewhere that was on the test line last week. Charlie said there was a bunch that should go out late this week. Best I can tell, that means we're up to about #50 by the end of this week. I'm #60, and I'm not expecting mine to be ready until after the holidays, though that's my own estimate, nothing from Spooky. I have not been contacted about build options or payment yet. I also would not expect #153 to be ready in January.

#4107 6 years ago

Nate did a great interview on Coast to Coast pinball episode #236. He went into all of Scott's history with pinball and the evolution of TNA. I'm #151 and am hoping for March (Feb would be nice) judging from current production. A little bummed waiting, but know it will be worth it. Plus, by the time mine is on the line, a lot of issues/bugs will be worked out, I'll have more polished code, and those speaker panels will be available. So, even though I'm waiting longer than I'd like (I mean, who doesn't want it yesterday), there are some benefits to being a later batch.

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Latest info I saw was a game in the mid 30's somewhere that was on the test line last week. Charlie said there was a bunch that should go out late this week. Best I can tell, that means we're up to about #50 by the end of this week.

Sheeesh,... that feels so long ago I thought that would have been last week.

Still hoping for #52 before christmas.

#4109 6 years ago

Anyone know of others going on location in the Chicago area? I have contemplated this being my first NIB but only got to play it a few times at the PBL open house. Brixies is a little bit of a hike so it would be cool if another appeared in the western suburbs at some point.

#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know what TPF game number they have shipped up to now? Number 174 keeps getting closer.

think someone said they were play testing #32 or 33 on the other thread.
#99 seems like a long way away.

#4111 6 years ago

hocuslocus is it going to be on location @ Einstein's?

#4112 6 years ago

#28 got an invoice today for those keeping track. It's time to start getting excited.

#4113 6 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

#28 got an invoice today for those keeping track. It's time to start getting excited.

TRACKING!

#4114 6 years ago

#26 invoiced 12/11/17

#4115 6 years ago

Slower production than I thought. I’m guessing end of year to get into the 250-300 but probably will pick up speed as they get in rhythm.

#4116 6 years ago

looks like they should get to around 50 by the end of the year...

#4117 6 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

hocuslocus is it going to be on location @ Einstein's?

yup, think there is gonna be a launch party.

#4118 6 years ago

Hey guys, looking for some help. Right now Spooky and Heighway are the only ones that use amps in the cabinet to get us that beautiful sound. I am getting an alien tomorrow and I am trying to hook up a external sub. Can someone please help me figure out how to do that safely when there is a amp in the cabinet.... I got a psw10 powered sub. I have been told I cannot just connect it to the current subwoofer in cabinet because it will send power to the sub and it could cause issues. Does anyone know what I should do? Or what cable I will need to connect it to the amp? I asking in heighway but got no response.

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys, looking for some help. Right now Spooky and Heighway are the only ones that use amps in the cabinet to get us that beautiful sound. I am getting an alien tomorrow and I am trying to hook up a external sub. Can someone please help me figure out how to do that safely when there is a amp in the cabinet.... I got a psw10 powered sub. I have been told I cannot just connect it to the current subwoofer in cabinet because it will send power to the sub and it could cause issues. Does anyone know what I should do? Or what cable I will need to connect it to the amp? I asking in heighway but got no response.

See my response here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/14#post-4122777
--Scott

#4120 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, think there is gonna be a launch party.

Yes! Can't wait. We just went to Einstein's for the 1st time last weekend, and your setup is great. The machines are flawless. Very excited to go back.

#4121 6 years ago

Got the email from Kayte today about what extras I wanted . My game is going on the production line next week!
My game # is 54 .

#4122 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Got the email from Kayte today about what extras I wanted . My game is going on the production line next week!
My game # is 54 .

So extras only require a week lead time?

#4123 6 years ago

Paid for #31 today. They are clearly starting to get into a rhythm.

#4124 6 years ago

F9481676-C4F3-4ABA-BF0A-6A87BC281EEA (resized).jpegF9481676-C4F3-4ABA-BF0A-6A87BC281EEA (resized).jpeg

#4125 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I feel kinda bad about sending my shaker months early I was excited

#4126 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My game # is 54 .

I got the email for #60 as well. She didn't say when it would be on the line, though.

#4127 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I feel kinda bad about sending my shaker months early I was excited

I did the same. oops.

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

They'll check with you on extras before they start your game , but I think items such as shaker , that are shipped from elsewhere should be at spooky when you game is ready to go on the assembly line .

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I got the email for #60 as well. She didn't say when it would be on the line, though.

6 games apart , if not next week I would think the week after .

#4130 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I was told by KT that the butter cabinet requires longer time because they need to really let it dry extra long.

I didn’t know how much longer lead time, when I ordered, I said I was on the fence about the butter. I think if I’m going to keep the game I’d go for it, but if I feel like I’d sell it in the future then not because I don’t feel like there will be enough people who would pay extra for it.

#4131 6 years ago

Just looked at my order was on 8-22-17 on the night of Twitch (with Jetsons) stream.

15 weeks since then and it seems like we’re at 252+ so almost one a day since I ordered. However I’m sure it was more front loaded and likely slowing down a bit.

#4132 6 years ago

Small flood of games left yesterday... more leaving today. MOST if not all of the first 75 should be done by the 1st.

Numbers aren't always 100% accurate. We have 9 games done for Australia... later numbers are in there because it's crazy expensive to not ship them all at once. 3 went to Germany yesterday as well. Butter cabinets tend to get done in groups because of cure time / handling them with kid gloves.

More TnA leaving today! Always a few hiccups in early production and we're no different. Hired 2 new guys to speed things up in the last few weeks and off we go again.

#4133 6 years ago

That's awesome news! It's great to hear updates like this and also great to hear that you've ironed out some production kinks, and hired more staff to help out!

#4134 6 years ago

@spookycharlie, a time-lapse video of a TNA being built would be amazing to watch, if you feel so inclined

#4135 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just looked at my order was on 8-22-17 on the night of Twitch (with Jetsons) stream.

Nice. I'm #153

#4136 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Small flood of games left yesterday... more leaving today. MOST if not all of the first 75 should be done by the 1st.
Numbers aren't always 100% accurate. We have 9 games done for Australia... later numbers are in there because it's crazy expensive to not ship them all at once. 3 went to Germany yesterday as well. Butter cabinets tend to get done in groups because of cure time / handling them with kid gloves.
More TnA leaving today! Always a few hiccups in early production and we're no different. Hired 2 new guys to speed things up in the last few weeks and off we go again.

Thanks for the update Charlie. What’s the number of games a week you guys are settling into? 8-10?

#4137 6 years ago

Yep... right now it's 8 to 10 per week, which is where we kinda need to be. If sales get any more heavy, we'll hire and increase that. TnA is working towards being our biggest seller to date. With Alice right behind it, we've got some thinking to do.

GREAT problems to be solving... and we will.

#4138 6 years ago

Wow, I guess I should figure out what number I am so I can start obsessing over production timelines.

#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Wow, I guess I should figure out what number I am so I can start obsessing over production timelines.

#4140 6 years ago

Duplicate

#4141 6 years ago

imharrow I'm right behind you at #81

#4142 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My best guess is that as more go out, then more will sell (as people play those ).

100% right you are! Every single time we've shipped a batch, more orders come in. Every time a new location game gets on route, we get orders with people telling us "I got to play it at..."

The game is the best salesman we have. Just great to see a game this unique making a splash out there!

#4143 6 years ago

The game is the best salesman we have. Just great to see a game this unique making a splash out there!

I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't get to play it at MGC 2017. Again, for the umpteenth time, kudos to you and Scott for shaking things up in the pinball world. Going from the same cookie-cutter designs, this game really added the needed splash to the hobby! THANK YOU!

#4144 6 years ago

I had hard hitting questions to ask Charlie this weekend. Then this happened. Beer may have been involved too.

9AC059D2-D300-4558-81DD-7B7AE2441469 (resized).jpeg9AC059D2-D300-4558-81DD-7B7AE2441469 (resized).jpeg

D5AB8DA7-AC32-44BF-BDCE-B816B86D44C0 (resized).jpegD5AB8DA7-AC32-44BF-BDCE-B816B86D44C0 (resized).jpeg

A023B55F-1B80-4646-885D-7EE13957F028 (resized).jpegA023B55F-1B80-4646-885D-7EE13957F028 (resized).jpeg

63D8E35F-28B0-4A21-9D89-E9918EBF98FC (resized).jpeg63D8E35F-28B0-4A21-9D89-E9918EBF98FC (resized).jpeg

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Beer may have been involved too.

He assaulted Kayte's squirrel and turtle!!!

I can't wait to move and clean up the yard with a giant concrete Lionm*n statue (censored in case you can't say Lionm*n in this thread).

#4146 6 years ago

#69 here..... lol...

tna.

#4147 6 years ago

You can say lionman in this thread, b/c it’s part of the game

#4148 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You can say lionman in this thread, b/c it’s part of the game

but can you say LIONMAN!!!!!!!

#95 here, so looking forward to it.. next year

#4149 6 years ago

3 went to Germany yesterday as well.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Well, sadly that means my Johnny Mnemonic has to go in the next few days. )

#4150 6 years ago

Man I really love how this LED speaker upgrade turned out. Those chrome grills really fit in nicely with the overall look. Adding this to my list of add-ons for sure

Was any additional info (pricing, availability, install option during production) released on this product?

Still haven't seen a video of the speaker lighting in action, just curious how it ties in (if at all) with the existing RGB lighting.

TNAspeak (resized).JPGTNAspeak (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.