Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 145.
#4051 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Charlie. All i want for Christmas is my TNA!

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

In light of your new evidence I concur. Funny stuff made me laugh out loud in my cubicle.
Al

Yes, I wish I had the skills and money to do a one off of Deliverance pin. LOL!

Awesome collection! I can't believe you have a Trident! I dropped a million quarters into that one when I was a kid. It was the only pin in the arcade, but my buddies and I had a blast with it. I always wanted one for my small collection.
Cheers!

#4054 6 years ago

Do we need a Cliffy for the scoop or are they pre-installed?

What's everyone doing for shooter lane protection?

#4055 6 years ago

Also, I asked this before and nobody chimed in..
What do we use for a LCD glare guard? Bent plastics are wrong size..

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mantis style cliffy preinstalled from what I know.

#4057 6 years ago

Does the playfield and head come off of these easy?

#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Mantis style cliffy preinstalled from what I know.

I hope your reading this and taking notes Stern

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Nothing makes us happier to hear.
Oh, and here's a little eye candy for everyone patiently waiting out there. Hoping to have another 25 out the door by end of next week (maybe a tick faster).
Always some hiccups at game mfg launch to sort out, but we're getting there!

Woo hoo. Keep up the good work. I beleive my cab is in there too. It’s still looking hopefull for this year yet.

#4060 6 years ago

Oh, and here's a little eye candy for everyone patiently waiting out there. Hoping to have another 25 out the door by end of next week (maybe a tick faster).

I have had enough of this!. after seeing nine TNA’s lined-up in a row.

That Nuclear hypnotic vibe has weakened me.

I am calling KT tomorrow with my deposit!

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I haven't seen any type of glare guard used on any of the TNAs I have seen . Haven't noticed glare from the lcd either , maybe glare guards are not needed .

#4063 6 years ago

Well ok then.

#4064 6 years ago

Had my first chance to play TNA on location at Brixies today. Fast! Not like any other pin I’ve ever played. I do love the lights; such an incredible show!

482377BA-FF58-4115-A5C2-80951A355D82.jpeg482377BA-FF58-4115-A5C2-80951A355D82.jpeg

#4065 6 years ago

It was a double post.

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What's everyone doing for shooter lane protection?

Comes with Mantis style protectors inside the scoop. You could do mylar around them and the shooter lane but based on Spooky's test game I don't think either are needed unless you are routing the game. Even then it looks like it's going to hold up much better then anything else on the market playfield wise.

I do not really notice any glare on mine. I don't think it's needed.

#4067 6 years ago

SpookyCharlie Thanks for the photos! So jazzed about this game - our whole family is excited about its arrival!

#4068 6 years ago

Yes, I wish I had the skills and money to do a one off of Deliverance pin. LOL!
Awesome collection! I can't believe you have a Trident! I dropped a million quarters into that one when I was a kid. It was the only pin in the arcade, but my buddies and I had a blast with it. I always wanted one for my small collection.
Cheers!

You are more than welcome to come on down and play some trident and get out of that Michigan weather. It’s 82 degrees and sunny today. Daytona beach is only 15 min away. Trident was the first Pinball I played as a kid and got me hooked. Now at 27 pins whith no “regerts” except selling my whitewater....
Al

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

You are more than welcome to come on down and play some trident and get out of that Michigan weather. It’s 82 degrees and sunny today. Daytona beach is only 15 min away. Trident was the first Pinball I played as a kid and got me hooked. Now at 27 pins with no “regrets” except selling my whitewater....
Al

You are most awesome!
Why can't I have neighbors like you?
Unfortunately my mother and mother-in-law are both up in age and need much care, so no free time this winter. Maybe another year, but thanks much!

#4070 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

It was a double post.

PRAY I DON'T MAKE IT A TRIPLE!!!

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#4071 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar I thought I read somewhere that you were going to maybe code in an add-a-ball feature? Am I just making things up or is there any truth to that?

#4072 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

thenotrashcougar I thought I read somewhere that you were going to maybe code in an add-a-ball feature? Am I just making things up or is there any truth to that?

This is a great idea!
For those that don't know, add-a-ball is a mode that replaces free games with free balls.
I use that mode on my F-14 and love it. No need to have free games when you have machine set for free play. Also it avoids the game match sequence at end of game and lets you start a new game quicker.

#4073 6 years ago

This is a great idea!
For those that don't know, add-a-ball is a mode that replaces free games with free balls.

Not exactly what I was referring to but that is cool too! I was specifically taking about during multiball, having the option to add a 4th ball in the mix.

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

thenotrashcougar I thought I read somewhere that you were going to maybe code in an add-a-ball feature? Am I just making things up or is there any truth to that?

You want the truth? Or do you want me to lie to you so you can be surprised later?
--Scott

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You want the truth? Or do you want me to lie to you so you can be surprised later?
--Scott

I like surprises so let’s just pretend I never asked. In fact...I have no idea what you’re talking about! Happy Friday Scott! Thanks for such a great game.

#4076 6 years ago

This is a great idea!
I use that mode on my F-14 and love it. No need to have free games when you have machine set for free play. Also it avoids the game match sequence at end of game and lets you start a new game quicker.

No it’s not.

Add-a-ball is where you can add another ball during multiball.

What you’re referencing is just changing your replay award... it’s not called “add a ball”.

rd

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No it’s not.
Add-a-ball is where you can add another ball during multiball.
What you’re referencing is just changing your replay award... it’s not called “add a ball”.
rd

Maybe not on your machines, but on my F-14 it's called "add-a-ball." Right in the manual. Page 19 Bottom of page.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/804/Williams_1987_F_14_Tomcat_Full_Manual.pdf
Cheers!

#4078 6 years ago

You are both correct. The classic use was from em machines in states where awarding a credit was illegal. Now in newer Games the term has been adopted to mean add a ball to multiball. Some solid state games did this too but I don’t recall it being labeled add a ball until dmd era.
Em add a ball capt card.
Replay high hand.

#4079 6 years ago

Thought this bit of documentation was humorous. Are people still doing this? They better not!

27EAC0DA-567E-43B8-942B-505AF43FF64F (resized).jpeg27EAC0DA-567E-43B8-942B-505AF43FF64F (resized).jpeg

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thought this bit of documentation was humorous. Are people still doing this? They better not!

Anyone caught still doing this should be "annihilated"

#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Anyone caught still doing this should be "annihilated"

Yes, TOTALLY NUCLEAR ANNIHILATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

HAHA I just wanted to see if anyone was actually reading my docs.

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

HAHA I just wanted to see if anyone was actually reading my docs.

I’m obsessing over all things TNA while I wait for my game. Thought it was interesting that even in your first TNA blog post from 2015 you had a pretty good idea of what you wanted to achieve.

#4084 6 years ago

Someone asked for photo of scoop. IMHO this game has more plays in the past 2 months on route than most games will see in their lifetime in a HUO environment.

i see NO need for any sort of cliffy. The pf quality is top notch and the mantis style internal part appears to be doing its job.

IMG_1356 (resized).JPGIMG_1356 (resized).JPG

#4085 6 years ago

Ding dong!

75D3479A-D687-4841-9D38-AE6A4EC9C169 (resized).jpeg75D3479A-D687-4841-9D38-AE6A4EC9C169 (resized).jpeg

#4086 6 years ago

Woohoooo eye candy. #250, May/June can’t come fast enough!

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m obsessing over all things TNA while I wait for my game. Thought it was interesting that even in your first TNA blog post from 2015 you had a pretty good idea of what you wanted to achieve.

Cool! For the most part, I had a good idea, but the game evolved so much more during the project in a real good way. In terms of making a deceivingly simple looking layout, I knew I wanted to do that right from the start. I also wanted to do full RGB, but use it in a way that was not overdone. You know, stuff like that.

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Someone asked for photo of scoop. IMHO this game has more plays in the past 2 months on route than most games will see in their lifetime in a HUO environment.
i see NO need for any sort of cliffy. The pf quality is top notch and the mantis style internal part appears to be doing its job.

Wow! That looks great!

I do see 3 divots in the pf shine on that shot.

Does the ball airball off the “Destroy” target? I wonder if a clear protector ala Sparky’s feet on MET is something to consider?

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wow! That looks great!
I do see 3 divots in the pf shine on that shot.
Does the ball airball off the “Destroy” target? I wonder if a clear protector ala Sparky’s feet on MET is something to consider?

If you are worried about those tiny marks - you shouldn't play your game. That is nothing for the amount of plays...

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If you are worried about those tiny marks - you shouldn't play your game. That is nothing for the amount of plays...

Agreed. Failed attempt at sarcasm on my part.

17F6F7F5-DE34-43BD-9C70-D2B80DB35E77 (resized).jpeg17F6F7F5-DE34-43BD-9C70-D2B80DB35E77 (resized).jpeg
Airball question was legit though.

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's nasty

#4092 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

crazy, I have an old routed sharkey's thats probably had a lot more play, to date. That looks better then that, dimple wise. Wish they would go back to that way of manufacturing/ clearing playfields.

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

And people are ok with that???

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And people are ok with that???

That's the new normal in Stern playfields

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Wish they would go back to that way of manufacturing/ clearing playfields

Stern should try and get up to the playfield quality Spooky is showing. That Star Wars looks like an orange peel.

Anyone know what TPF game number they have shipped up to now? Number 174 keeps getting closer.

#4096 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern should try and get up the playfield quality Spooky is showing. That Star Wars looks like an orange peel.
Anyone know what TPF game number they have shipped up to now? Number 174 keeps getting closer.

I'm 7 ahead of you so we should be in the same group

#4097 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Death Star by Spalding.

#4098 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Death Star by Spalding.

Somebody say Spaulding?

spaulding (resized).jpgspaulding (resized).jpg

#4099 6 years ago

#4100 6 years ago

I know I read in this thread that charlie was doing these in runs (can't remember if it was 50 or 100)and that the first was sold out. Does anyone know approx how long the wait list Is and a guesstimate as to how far out that puts delivery? I probably should have ordered after playing it at York but really want to see what ACooper looks like before I make a final decision.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.