Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 145.
#3901 6 years ago

Our launch party is this sunday in so Cal, gonna be fun and ifpa sanctioned.

#3902 6 years ago

Do we know how many have shipped?

#3903 6 years ago

After less then a week of ownership my wife has officially moved TNA in to her group of games with SS and MM as a game that is hers that I'm never allowed to sell.

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

After less then a week of ownership my wife has officially moved TNA in to her group of games with SS and MM as a game that is hers that I'm never allowed to sell.

You picked a smart one!

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Does that mean you can buy one more to make up for the shortfall in "your" collection?

#3906 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does that mean you can buy one more to make up for the shortfall in "your" collection?

I don't even bother asking anymore. They just show up and leave as space requires. She quit asking about it long ago lol.

#3907 6 years ago

Just for the Historical Records and journey-

EF522EE1-6765-41C7-B949-9555DDFEF834 (resized).jpegEF522EE1-6765-41C7-B949-9555DDFEF834 (resized).jpeg

#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Just for the Historical Records and journey-

This is an amazing journey. Huge thanks to Scott and Spooky for really livening up the pinball scene.

LTG : )

#3909 6 years ago

I think TNA looks great, the art, the sound, the gameplay rules, etc. but there is one niggly detail that bothers me....

The way the edge of the circle reactor lights match up to the perspective of the columns. The lines should meet the circle at the tangent but they don’t, they kinda just go close to the edges which looks weird. I know it’s a minor detail, but once I noticed I can’t unsee it. Has anyone else noticed this?

#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think TNA looks great, the art, the sound, the gameplay rules, etc. but there is one niggly detail that bothers me....
The way the edge of the circle reactor lights match up to the perspective of the columns. The lines should meet the circle at the tangent but they don’t, they kinda just go close to the edges which looks weird. I know it’s a minor detail, but once I noticed I can’t unsee it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Are you assuming the fuel rod is a perfect cylinder with the top being perfectly the same size as the circumference of the rod? You gotta remember that these are nuclear reactors in the future. Is it possible they have found a way to re-use or re-cycle spent fuel rods and put in some sort of large cylinder that has a lid on the top (the reactor lights you are seeing) that is not the same dimension as the rod housing down below? I don't have a TNA close by to look at the lines up close that you are referring to, but from the pics I've seen of that area, I can totally envision some type of cap like I just mentioned.

Or maybe I've totally missed your point, which wouldn't be the first time...

#3911 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are you talking about this area? Looks to be 100% intentional. The artwork looks as if you are staring straight down on the middle column, thus the other columns show more of the column the further away they are from the center.

4f908c86a671a7d961cd262b9e6731ff8c93f815 (resized).jpg4f908c86a671a7d961cd262b9e6731ff8c93f815 (resized).jpg

#3912 6 years ago

No he's saying the rod circumference is smaller than the cap I think. Which is because it has a cap, you're not looking down at a naked cylinder, there's a top part that's larger.

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No he's saying the rod circumference is smaller than the cap I think. Which is because it has a cap, you're not looking down at a naked cylinder, there's a top part that's larger.

Yes that’s what I’m trying to say, but your explanation makes sense if there is a cap that’s meant to be larger than the cylinder.

199D603C-6DEB-4356-ADAE-4EF2CA97AB72 (resized).jpeg199D603C-6DEB-4356-ADAE-4EF2CA97AB72 (resized).jpeg

#3914 6 years ago

3 letters......OCD. But I think most people in pinball suffer from it in varying degrees.

#3915 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes that’s what I’m trying to say, but your explanation makes sense if there is a cap that’s meant to be larger than the cylinder.

I understand now. I just assumed the cap has a larger diameter than the rest of the rod/column/whatever it's called.

#3916 6 years ago

I gotta learn to be more succinct. Same explanation...

#3917 6 years ago

Is the annihilation caused by a nuclear meltdown? Sorry for the simple/stupid question. I have not been following the details of the theming closely enough.

#3918 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the annihilation caused by a nuclear meltdown? Sorry for the simple/stupid question. I have not been following the details of the theming closely enough.

Not by melting a single reactor - annihilation caused by melting 9.

#3919 6 years ago

I played this game over the weekend in Orlando, and it was a lot of fun.

#3920 6 years ago

In case some people were interested. Target decals heading to the press tomorrow. Can someone confirm the width of the red square targets before the bevel edge? It's the last thing I need to confirm. These will be printed on premium vinyl with a gloss laminate overlay. Picture samples in thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-decals-sizing-help-required

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the best explanation is that its a pinball machine... it's not meant to be scale art. If it were a cap, where are the caps on the rods that are pulled down into the reactor core? Nothing is scale in the world of pinball... giant Rudy head, BSD coffin radically larger than then molded buildings/castle. The list is endlessly endless.

I think you're over thinking it.

#3922 6 years ago

Was watching the video livestream from Robertson’s house.

I admit I don’t watch these videos carefully just a few minutes here and there have a few questions/observations

1) the ‘pity save’ when the ball was fired out of the scoop and if drains the machine can decide if you get a ball save. I understand that this is a thoughtful touch and I said on my STLE when my kickback missed the ball save the machine should give the ball back. IOW the kickback was active but the kicker missed the ball and it drained the machine should have been programmed to recognize this and give the ball save.

Anyway on TNA the video shows the player just misplayed the ball but the machine game him a ball save. I didn’t like that, I figure if you play bad that’s on you. I was curious if this can it be disabled if owner wanted.

2) was the players not really playing well (distracted, poor players etc,,) or is the game that difficult? I recall seeing people with multiball and they drain out quickly.

I have not played TNA but this is something that has made me think that I want TNA. I like fast games and TNA really seems like you need to be on your toes because the ball seems to be moving fast. I’ll admit it’s often frustrating to drain in 9 seconds, but that’s also what I like, when a ball is shot straight down the side lain, but that’s a big appeal to me. I still like SM where it’s butter smooth or LotR where the ball is easy to keep in play, but the adrenaline games are more intense and fun especially for quick games which I like to play just a few minutes quick.

3) everyone seems to be having fun, this is what I think is the key to this game, maybe it’s not super deep but just hitting the ball and trying to make shots is fun while it lasts.

4) It seems like the lock target is easy to be hit by accident. It can ricochet off the pop bumper and that doesn’t take any skill it’s just random. Is that good or bad?

#3923 6 years ago

The danger comes from the keypad, the pop bumper, and the scoop. The lock shot can be backhanded and is relatively safe. The speed of the ball really keeps you on your toes, and the only relatively safe shot is the lock shot, backhanded. I've tried to forehand the lock shot from the left flipper and drained. It's tempting to make that shot as a reaction shot coming out of the left orbit, but I'm telling you, don't do it!

The pop bumper adds a huge element of randomness, and the scoop fires back so quickly that if you blink, you'll miss it and will have to react to get the ball back under control. The inlane/outlane ball saver is another element that can be strategically played to help extend ball times, and I think that's a great touch.

Again, though the ruleset isn't complicated, that doesn't mean the difficulty in progression is not there. It's like playing any 80s/90s video game (IE Mega Man, Mario Bros, etc) where progression is linear, the game isn't super complicated, but still fun as hell. This is what TNA is.

#3924 6 years ago

Again not played it, but the kickout from the scoop is laser fast, more like the war machine kickback than a scoop kickout from Tron/Metallica. Saw one kickout go up the flipper and up the inlain in a flash it was almost too quick to follow.

#3925 6 years ago

Yep that's part of what this game is about. It gets your heart pumping! Only 1 shot to kill a reactor! Then you get an errant flip off of the pop bumper or scoop and you drain, but you could have activated an outlane and ball saver! Faaacccckkkk!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 6 years ago

I am back from vacation and will be updating code on the Alt Brew game sometime today.

#3927 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am back from vacation and will be updating code on the Alt Brew game sometime today.

vacation? what is this word? did you make it up?

#3928 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

vacation? what is this word? did you make it up?

nope, first real vacation in 9 years.

I feel like a new man! You should try it sometime

#3929 6 years ago

Cant wait for #119

9D783A4C-5D79-4D08-937C-F1D69D8B01F2 (resized).jpeg9D783A4C-5D79-4D08-937C-F1D69D8B01F2 (resized).jpeg

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like fast games and TNA really seems like you need to be on your toes because the ball seems to be moving fast

The game is a sonofabitch. It hates you and wants you to suffer. You'll like it.

#3931 6 years ago

Here’s an idea of where production is at:

12820B84-ED4E-4D0F-84C4-70DCA7C99345 (resized).jpeg12820B84-ED4E-4D0F-84C4-70DCA7C99345 (resized).jpeg

#3932 6 years ago

Just wanted to point out the attention to detail by Scott is top notch. I just got back from vacation and was able to update to the newest code. The attention to detail is over the top amazing. His changelog barely scratches the surface on the level of polish he is putting on this game.

I am talking things like minor adjustments so the music tracks duck out smoothly and at the exact right time that a call out happens so the call out is more noticable to the ear. Stuff like this is what makes the game really shine, esp for those of us that are super anal and can admire a project that people really poor some passion in.

So super happy with this game! Excited to see the little things that continue to be added.

Also, the super secret skillshot is great and programmed very nicely!

#3933 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Here’s an idea of where production is at:

I guess they aren't in order? I should be in first batch with 42 but haven't heard anything.

#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I guess they aren't in order? I should be in first batch with 42 but haven't heard anything.

I'm sure that Spooky means that they are into batch two as far as starting on them. THey have many games in various stages. I know that the late 30's are in final testing and they have them run on that for awhile. So I'm guessing that they are probably building playfields for another 20-30 and then starting to decal another 20-30, so that might be what they mean by deep into batch 2

This is my guess though, I have talked with Charlie some, but don't know all the inner workings and can only speculate

#3935 6 years ago

For those interested the lit rails will be available second week of December. If you would like to be in early email me before Dec. 1st [email protected].
I will be sending Scott his set for some install shots first before shipping begins. This is a custom cast el panel that fits between the rail and cab no permanent modification to cabinet to install and they are plug in and play.

#3936 6 years ago

So this crazy bitch is tying to blow us all up, am I right? Something needs to be done.

B5AA625F-3089-4169-8E37-CB63D9E7E074 (resized).pngB5AA625F-3089-4169-8E37-CB63D9E7E074 (resized).png

#3937 6 years ago

I'm starting to get this wild idea of forgoing shipping... hopping on a plane in the dead of winter, renting an SUV... picking the game up... and driving it all the way back to MD.

Crazy?

#3938 6 years ago

No. Not in the least bit.

LTG : )

#3939 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm starting to get this wild idea of forgoing shipping... hopping on a plane in the dead of winter, renting an SUV... picking the game up... and driving it all the way back to MD.
Crazy?

Can you fit two?

#3940 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Crazy?

Getting to see the shop in person and a stop at Lawrence's would totally make it worthwhile. Pinball road trips are the best reason to ever get in a vehicle.

#3941 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I'm sure that Spooky means that they are into batch two as far as starting on them. THey have many games in various stages. I know that the late 30's are in final testing and they have them run on that for awhile. So I'm guessing that they are probably building playfields for another 20-30 and then starting to decal another 20-30, so that might be what they mean by deep into batch 2
This is my guess though, I have talked with Charlie some, but don't know all the inner workings and can only speculate

I agree I counted 30 cabs just assembled no decals. And 19 ish other games in various states of assembly. Added to the 25 ish that shipped. So yes up working on. First batch and in the middle of the second.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Crazy?

Not crazy, see the shop, meet the gang, bring back cases of New Glarus.....

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Crazy?

Not at all. I once did a couple restorations for a couple from AZ. They would fly to MN, rent a small van and drive home with their game.

If you've ever wanted to experience small town America, Benton WI is about as good as it gets.

#3944 6 years ago

Hmmm... the wheels are turning. Could possibly turn this into a "fly out the night before, drive back the next day".

#3945 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hmmm... the wheels are turning. Could possibly turn this into a "fly out the night before, drive back the next day".

You can stay at the Stoney Creek Inn in Galena IL. It's about 20 minutes from Benton. Plan on half a day checking out downtown Galena. You will literally be taken back in time about 100 years.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You will literally be taken back in time about 100 years.

ACTUAL time travel? In Wisconsin? Does Popular Science know about this?

#3947 6 years ago

Hey, Bryan_Kelly actually KNOWS what it was like to be alive 100 years ago!

#3949 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Hey, bryan_kelly actually KNOWS what it was like to be alive 100 years ago!

I heard that, ASSHOLE!!!!

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I agree I counted 30 cabs just assembled no decals. And 19 ish other games in various states of assembly. Added to the 25 ish that shipped. So yes up working on. First batch and in the middle of the second.

Ok to clarify a bit. We do parts runs in batches of 25. So we call that a run. If you are #42 then you are in the 2nd run. I know we said batches of 50 for TNA but in real life our trailer will only hold enough parts from Pinball Life for 25 games without collapsing. LOL

Also we did the 8 games going to Australia last week so we could get them on the boat this year still. So yes those are done out of order and you will see people posting weird numbers on that end.

Happy Turkey Day to all. Spooky is having a potluck lunch with the Minions then having family time the rest of the week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/79?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.