Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 145.
#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure there are a few that Charlie and crew want to get out for specific people that have specific events (in this case a fellow horro fan putting on his epic annual bash

That’s certainly fine with me. I don’t mind some being out of order so people can have them for their various events. I was just wondering how many have rolled out the shop.

I really can’t remember a game I have looked so forward to since Tron was announced.

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

got some audit numbers for us yet Whysnow? we need something while we wait

no, sorry.

I updated code and did not pull audits in advance. Aside from that, we dont share numbers just like I dont ask you how much you get paid

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, sorry.
I updated code and did not pull audits in advance. Aside from that, we dont share numbers just like I dont ask you how much you get paid

I don't think he meant coin drop audits...more like avg ball time audits and what not. Glad your game is working great!

#3704 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't think he meant coin drop audits...more like avg ball time audits and what not. Glad your game is working great!

oh...

Ball times are short, so I have moved in outlane posts a little.
People are getitng better at game. Most reactors is now at 4.
Multiball is common

I think avg game time was 1:41 the first week
2:01 now

I think with posts in a little it will get closer to 3:00 which is the sweet spot for pinball it seems.

I may also turn up the ball saver time a little.

Other thing to denote is tilt debounce is currently 3. I suugest 2 is better. 1.5 would be event better.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh...
Ball times are short, so I have moved in outlane posts a little.
People are getitng better at game. Most reactors is now at 4.
Multiball is common
I think avg game time was 1:41 the first week
2:01 now
I think with posts in a little it will get closer to 3:00 which is the sweet spot for pinball it seems.
I may also turn up the ball saver time a little.
Other thing to denote is tilt debounce is currently 3. I suugest 2 is better. 1.5 would be event better.

Can anyone explain what the tilt debounce setting does? I'm not sure how that works or what it's function is.

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Can anyone explain what the tilt debounce setting does? I'm not sure how that works or what it's function is.

in short hand. It is the time after a tilt switch closure where another closure can not register.

Set too long and you can make too big a move. Set too low and you can make a move on a machine without multiple tilt wanrings/ a tilt.

Ben Heck spent a bit of time one day when he was coding AMH and made it a bit more of a fine tune selectable adjustment. I think we settles on something close to 1.4 seconds debounce as being appropriate. That allows you to make a single big move on a game and usually end with a double danger but no tilt.
That also allows you to build up multiple contant smaller moves that will still get the plumb bob swinging enough to result in warnings and tilt.

It is a hard thing to have fine tuned as the physical setting/hiegh on the plumb bob also impacts swing rate for closures.

hope that helps

#3707 6 years ago

Perfect explanation...thanks.

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a hard thing to have fine tuned as the physical setting/hiegh on the plumb bob

Oh, I thought you meant this.....

plump bob (resized).jpgplump bob (resized).jpg

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I thought you meant this.....

Hey, no selfies in this thread...sheesh

#3711 6 years ago

TNA #6 all setup and on location at On Tilt @AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys CA. Game is Fn amazing!

A7C3E34E-63DE-4171-91D2-8A4FEFFE2C78 (resized).jpegA7C3E34E-63DE-4171-91D2-8A4FEFFE2C78 (resized).jpeg

9E1942A1-49C1-459C-9468-B780F55683C3 (resized).jpeg9E1942A1-49C1-459C-9468-B780F55683C3 (resized).jpeg

198AE154-7FA4-49E9-BF76-4E95D0CAD767 (resized).jpeg198AE154-7FA4-49E9-BF76-4E95D0CAD767 (resized).jpeg

8F4C72CF-03CF-4EF1-9C9A-172307192FD0 (resized).jpeg8F4C72CF-03CF-4EF1-9C9A-172307192FD0 (resized).jpeg

#3712 6 years ago

NICE! I'm on that this weekend @doomid. Looks great. Also, wow, it looks a lot smaller than I thought. Or maybe it's because it's sandwiched between two games with toppers? lol

#3713 6 years ago

I was going to say the same thing. So little

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

TNA #6 all setup and on location at On Tilt @AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys CA.

That's awesome!!!

#3715 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

NICE! I'm on that this weekend doomid. Looks great. Also, wow, it looks a lot smaller than I thought. Or maybe it's because it's sandwiched between two games with toppers? lol

Can someone comment on the relative size of this machine? Is it the same size as a standard Stern or is it somewhat smaller?

#3716 6 years ago

Yes same size as a stern game.

1980s stern game. Pictured are two cabinets side by side. The new one is a lot taller in back and at a greater glass angle. This is causing TNA to look smaller but really. Sesame size glass and in the average lockdown bar heights.

8233FB59-3EC6-451E-B01F-B2B40E6088C2 (resized).jpeg8233FB59-3EC6-451E-B01F-B2B40E6088C2 (resized).jpeg

331E50AB-FC15-4417-9CCE-59CF9144C8EF (resized).jpeg331E50AB-FC15-4417-9CCE-59CF9144C8EF (resized).jpeg

#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

TNA #6 all setup and on location at On Tilt @AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys CA. Game is Fn amazing!

The little pin that could...... lol

#3718 6 years ago

What is the width of the backbox? That is the figure that matters when trying to squeeze into a line up!

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ben Heck spent a bit of time one day when he was coding AMH and made it a bit more of a fine tune selectable adjustment.

I didn't know Spooky included a setting to adjust tilt switch debounce.
That is unique and awesome.

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

I didn't know Spooky included a setting to adjust tilt switch debounce.
That is unique and awesome.

Yeah, Ben really went above and beyond to set the bar on coding. He put in all sorts of user selectable features so people could tweak settings to their own interest.

Really smart to do it that way also.

#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, Ben really went above and beyond to set the bar on coding. He put in all sorts of user selectable features so people could tweak settings to their own interest.
Really smart to do it that way also.

It also saves my ass in case I programmed the debounce wrong. The machine owners can just fix it in the service mode. I mean, no, wait......

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It also saves my ass in case I programmed the debounce wrong. The machine owners can just fix it in the service mode. I mean, no, wait......

if you want to add a level of granularity, feel free

1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.. is nicer than 1, 2, 3

Ask Ben what we decided on default for AMH. We spent like 2 hours just screwing with it to find a default. (yeah, nerdy stuff but it was fun)

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if you want to add a level of granularity, feel free
1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.. is nicer than 1, 2, 3
Ask Ben what we decided on default for AMH. We spent like 2 hours just screwing with it to find a default. (yeah, nerdy stuff but it was fun)

Did that last night in v1.0.6! I mean, no, I am not working on the next version of the game with new cool stuff added to it. I need to stop talking on pinside during my lunch break.

#3724 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big congrats! Just curious, what number were you?

#29 but yeah Charlie helped me get it in time for Horrorhouse Fest here in Denver which I am forever grateful for as I built an entire room based on the game...

#3725 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Did that last night in v1.0.6! I mean, no, I am not working on the next version of the game with new cool stuff added to it. I need to stop talking on pinside during my lunch break.

have you even met that Scott dude... He is pretty Fing Awesome!!!!!!

Leaving work now to go play some TNA!!!

#3726 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

#29 but yeah Charlie helped me get it in time for Horrorhouse Fest here in Denver which I am forever grateful for as I built an entire room based on the game...

Ooooooh!! Please post some pics when you are able to tear yourself away from your new game!

#3728 6 years ago

Haha this is great. I actually thought that as well when I saw Sterns promo.

#3729 6 years ago

haha that was the first thing I thought when I saw the video too.. The actual animation played in the attract mode looks almost identical.

#3730 6 years ago

Doesn't Stern pay enough for someone to come up with something original?

#3731 6 years ago

TNA nearing 1 month on route and super solid all around. Earning very well and well liked by lots of players. by far the most played game of the eight in the current line up which includes TWD, alien, and an assortment of classic games.

Looks to be a great route game! Most solid of any NIB game to date I have had on route.

#3732 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TNA nearing 1 month on route and super solid all around. Earning very well and well liked by lots of players. by far the most played game of the eight in the current line up which includes TWD, alien, and an assortment of classic games.
Looks to be a great route game! Most solid of any NIB game to date I have had on route.

Sounds like you need to order and route another one

#3733 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Doesn't Stern pay enough for someone to come up with something original?

Rumored to be a Groot head that eats balls and a third flipper that you can shoot it with. Sounds like another game I know with a big head, that eats balls, with a third flipper to shoot it with. Replace Rudy with Groot and you have Guardians?

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sounds like you need to order and route another one

We really just share our games for fun and to promote the love of pinball. As a business it does not make any sense (i could make more money with less investment and stress from flipping burgers).

I just wanted to share in case there are others out there thinking about routing a TNA. It does well, it is easy keep clean, and it is nice to support a buddy. My partners don't like sharing any stuff publicly as business is a private thing, but I can say that TNA had a very strong first month, and given the equation I use for rating route games, it is one of the better investments for route relative to other nib options.

Likely monthly coin drop vs cost of game is very solid. As with all games, reality won't be seen for a few months (most games trail off after the cult of the new wears off) but things were surprisingly impressive for month one.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We really just share our games for fun and to promote the love of pinball. As a business it does not make any sense (i could make more money with less investment and stress from flipping burgers).
I just wanted to share in case there are others out there thinking about routing a TNA. It does well, it is easy keep clean, and it is nice to support a buddy. My partners don't like sharing any stuff publicly as business is a private thing, but I can say that TNA had a very strong first month, and given the equation I use for rating route games, it is one of the better investments for route relative to other nib options.
Likely monthly coin drop vs cost of game is very solid. As with all games, reality won't be seen for a few months (most games trail off after the cult of the new wears off) but things were surprisingly impressive for month one.

Yeah I get it...I was just having fun...that's why I put the party emoji

#3736 6 years ago

Great game and tons of multi-player fun! Couldn't stop playing tonight...def has that one more game feel.

#3737 6 years ago

Whysnow we're considering using TnA for a PAPA Circuit Major - you feeling it's pretty solid to stand up to 2-3 days of constant hammering?

#3738 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

whysnow we're considering using TnA for a PAPA Circuit Major - you feeling it's pretty solid to stand up to 2-3 days of constant hammering?

The ones at the PBL open house took a serious beating and were fine.

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

whysnow we're considering using TnA for a PAPA Circuit Major - you feeling it's pretty solid to stand up to 2-3 days of constant hammering?

100% yes

I have zero concerns with its durability at all.

Make sure you have a 100 plays on it prior to event to just work out the standard stuff (tighten this, tweak that, etc...), but yeah TNA really has been super solid!

#3740 6 years ago

Oh I play to put that 100 on myself as soon as it arrives

#3741 6 years ago

Been awhile since anyone posted a NIB arriving. SpookyCharlie any news you care to share on how production ramp up is progressing? I need to know soon if X-mas might be cancelled at my house.

#3742 6 years ago

Any news on Europe?

Will TNA be at DPO in 2 weeks?

#3743 6 years ago

I got a final invoice on #14 today. Getting close.

#3744 6 years ago

Just played at AYCE Goji in LA.

$4 out, 4 games in. I have an early day tomorrow, so I’m just glad to have been able to get in a couple right quick. I think my game is in the 120s, this will be a hard one to wait out.

I guess I’ll be back to AYCE the next time I can find myself down this way.

See y’all next week!

6927535F-444E-41F5-8360-2C9859F68019 (resized).jpeg6927535F-444E-41F5-8360-2C9859F68019 (resized).jpeg

#3745 6 years ago

Official WI TNA Launch Party

Where: Alt Brew
1808 Wright St
Madison, WI

When; Sat Dec 9th 11am-4pm qualifying; 4pmish playoffs

What: TNA official launch party hosted by Madison Pinball and Scott D

How: First game free; unlimited entry for qualifying. Playoff on multiple games for the WPPR hunters.

Why: Because this game kicks ass and Scott D will be coming to hang out, talk pinball, and likely school us all on some TNA.

Hoping we may get some other friends from team Spooky to swing over for some fun. I will offer to buy Ben Heck a beer... that should do it

#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hoping we may get some other friends from team Spooky to swing over for some fun. I will offer to buy Ben Heck a beer...

How come he gets beer?! We actually assembled this thing!

Count me in. If Bug isn't off being a crazy teenager I'll bring him so Spooky actually has a good player on hand.

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

How come he gets beer?! We actually assembled this thing!
Count me in. If Bug isn't off being a crazy teenager I'll bring him so Spooky actually has a good player on hand.

you get beer also. Actually you can drink Bugs beer to since he is not old enough yet...

Looking forward to it!

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you get beer also. Actually you can drink Bugs beer to since he is not old enough yet...
Looking forward to it!

Bug can legally drink it though if Chuck is present and approves!

#3749 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Bug can legally drink it though if Chuck is present and approves

Is that the rule in Wisconsin? I hear people say that all the time in Louisiana and it’s not accurate here. You can’t as a third party give alcohol to someone under 21 even with parental consent...parents who come to Bourbon Street with their 20 year old children are often surprised their children can’t be served with them present.

Sorry to go off topic. Any unboxing pics or videos recently?

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that the rule in Wisconsin? I hear people say that all the time in Louisiana and it’s not accurate here. You can’t as a third party give alcohol to someone under 21 even with parental consent...parents who come to Bourbon Street with their 20 year old children are often surprised their children can’t be served with them present.
Sorry to go off topic. Any unboxing pics or videos recently?

It is the law in WI (<21 yr olds can drink with parental consent and supervision), however, any business has the right to refuse a minor drinking in their establishment even with parent consent if they choose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.