Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 145.
#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from OffshoreTrucker:

Pretty sure it was 4-5, rush from playing at the time. Posted a 2,012,420 score.

Amazing game for your first time playing it. I might have cracked 2 mil once, but I don't think I've seen the 4th reactor.

#3652 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody else notice when you get to a certain level of reactors (destroyed?) that the LED counters go blank? Not sure if it’s a bug, but nobody seems to notice with all this praise. It’s a fun looking game, but I think if you get far enough along it goes blank or something is wrong. It was during a YouTube vid at a band members house. Nobody paying close attention at all.
Hope Scott is being diligent on code, it just takes one long ball or game to reveal some flaws at the end

I would definitely like more info on this. What do you mean by LED counters? The green playfield numeric displays? If so, these are not on all the time. The lower one is only active if your ball saver is active or you have an extra ball. The top one in the reactor core is only active when a reactor is currently running. If the displays are going out, I would recommend checking the ribbon cable connections that control these boards. I know TNA #1 did not have these connections hot glued in place, but all other machines have these connections glued. So that could be it. Please let me know and I will look into it.
--Scott

#3653 6 years ago
Quoted from OffshoreTrucker:

Played it today. They were still setting it up when I got there. AMAZING Pin! After reading about it on here, amazing to actually play it. Managed to get about 4-5 reactors. Light show and sounds... HNgggg!
Edit on reactors... Pretty sure it was 4-5, rush from playing at the time. Posted a 2,012,420 score.

I haven’t watched a lot of gameplay video, how does it ratchet up the difficulty to the next higher reactor?

#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would definitely like more info on this. What do you mean by LED counters? The green playfield numeric displays? If so, these are not on all the time. The lower one is only active if your ball saver is active or you have an extra ball. The top one in the reactor core is only active when a reactor is currently running. If the displays are going out, I would recommend checking the ribbon cable connections that control these boards. I know TNA #1 did not have these connections hot glued in place, but all other machines have these connections glued. So that could be it. Please let me know and I will look into it.
--Scott

Scott,

I love your dedication. It was great briefly meeting you at SFGE and I'm sure you have no memory of our <1 minute conversation but playing your game and knowing how you are following this type of thing closely and how active you are makes me very confident and excited for #107 whenever it lands in my home.

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t watched a lot of gameplay video, how does it ratchet up the difficulty to the next higher reactor?

After completing the keypad (3X3 grid) you activate the reactor by hitting the left scoop. Once the reactor is activated, you can shoot either orbit to get the ball to the upper pf. Once in the upper pf, you knock the ball around to overheat the reactor (spinner on left orbit does this also) to 100%. When the reactor is overheated, the GI starts pulsing red, and there are random inserts that flash white. The first reactor is one shot, second reactor 2 shots, etc.

Activating multiball while destroying a reactor will multiply the reactor value. So 3 balls in play while blowing up a reactor will give you 3x reactor value. You can also score jackpots by hitting the inline drop targets. The first drop target gets you 1x jackpot, second 2x, third 3x, and finally scoop is super jackpot. The targets come back up after a certain amount of time, so you have to hit those drops in succession quickly to get to the scoop in the back.

The best I did at the PBL open house was 3 reactors (default is extra ball at or on the 3rd reactor).

I think that covers the basic gist of it. Most shots are dangerous shots, especially the keypad, but you need to hit it to advance the game. I just love this game. I keep saying it, but I cannot wait!

#3656 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

After completing the keypad (3X3 grid) you activate the reactor by hitting the left scoop. Once the reactor is activated, you can shoot either orbit to get the ball to the upper pf. Once in the upper pf, you knock the ball around to overheat the reactor (spinner on left orbit does this also) to 100%. When the reactor is overheated, the GI starts pulsing red, and there are random inserts that flash white. The first reactor is one shot, second reactor 2 shots, etc.
Activating multiball while destroying a reactor will multiply the reactor value. So 3 balls in play while blowing up a reactor will give you 3x reactor value. You can also score jackpots by hitting the inline drop targets. The first drop target gets you 1x jackpot, second 2x, third 3x, and finally scoop is super jackpot. The targets come back up after a certain amount of time, so you have to hit those drops in succession quickly to get to the scoop in the back.
The best I did at the PBL open house was 3 reactors (default is extra ball at or on the 3rd reactor).
I think that covers the basic gist of it. Most shots are dangerous shots, especially the keypad, but you need to hit it to advance the game. I just love this game. I keep saying it, but I cannot wait!

Thanks

I think what I’m missing, is it more difficult to qualify each next reactor (more shots to the 3x3 the grid)? And once the reactor is activated does it take more hits to overheat (get to 100%)?

#3657 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
I think what I’m missing, is it more difficult to qualify each next reactor (more shots toy the grid)? And once the reactor is activated does it take more hits to overheat?

i don't believe so. It's the # shots after the reactor is overheated that makes it more difficult to blow up, but then again, I only got into a few deep, so you may have to complete the grid more times as you get further and further. Since there are 9 reactors to destroy, perhaps in a future code update, Scott could program 1x grid for reactors 1-3, 2x grid for reactors 4-6, and 3x grid for reactor 7-9. Holy shit, that would make it difficult!

#3658 6 years ago

I believe you have to hit more targets on the grid to activate later reactors, and it takes more UPF shots/spinner hits to overheat them. You also must hit (reactor number) of lit white shots once it's critical to kill the reactor.. e.g. reactor 1 needs one shit, whereas reactor 4 needs 4 shots to kill it.

#3659 6 years ago

It's going to be such a difficult wait over these next few months. I think I'm more excited for this than anything else, can't wait for mine to arrive!

In the Spooky docu, they talk about making about 2 games a day, is that still pretty accurate for them?

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
I think what I’m missing, is it more difficult to qualify each next reactor (more shots to the 3x3 the grid)? And once the reactor is activated does it take more hits to overheat (get to 100%)?

Yes to both as I understand it. The grid will use different color lights to signify more hits are needed to advance the spot on the grid. The reactor will also start at a lower percentage (thus taking more hits to get to critical). I don't know if advancing the reactor gets 'harder' by making each hit count less, etc.

The number of kill shots needed once the reactor is critical also increases with each level.

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

It's going to be such a difficult wait over these next few months. I think I'm more excited for this than anything else, can't wait for mine to arrive!
In the Spooky docu, they talk about making about 2 games a day, is that still pretty accurate for them?

I believe it was stated that they could do about 10 games a week, so yes, that would be about 2 games per day.

#3662 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I believe it was stated that they could do about 10 games a week, so yes, that would be about 2 games per day.

That's pretty solid. I should be seeing mine in late Jan/early Feb then.

#3663 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes to both as I understand it. The grid will use different color lights to signify more hits are needed to advance the spot on the grid. The reactor will also start at a lower percentage (thus taking more hits to get to critical). I don't know if advancing the reactor gets 'harder' by making each hit count less, etc.
The number of kill shots needed once the reactor is critical also increases with each level.

Also for the first one or two reactors either orbit will let you into the reactor (both are lit) after that it is just right or just left , whichever is lit , and every time you hit a sling or the pop it changes which orbit is lit making it more difficult to get into the reactor .

#3664 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Also for the first one or two reactors either orbit will let you into the reactor (both are lit) after that it is just right or just left , whichever is lit , and every time you hit a sling or the pop it changes which orbit is lit making it more difficult to get into the reactor .

Love that it gets more difficult with each reactor! I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe he should have called this game "50 Shades"

#3665 6 years ago

T.N.A. #201 has been ordered by a local friend
of mine and will be in a newly opening
pinball arcade in early 2018!

#3666 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

pinball arcade in early 2017!

It‘s a game about time travel but that seems hard to accomplish

#3667 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

And reverse time travel hasn't been invented yet according to TNA.

#3668 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

First quarter = early 2018

#3670 6 years ago

"Welcome to the future."

#3671 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wish forward time travel would be easier to shorten waiting time for batch #3

#3672 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

pinball arcade in early 2017!

Tipped over 200 I see - another batch of 50

#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If I understand the storyline correctly, it will be developed eventually if you fail to destroy all the reactors!! Good thing for me, the ability to prevent this game being placed on location in early 2017 is adjustable in settings (by way of fewer reactors needed). Phew...

Wait!! Or is HighProtein’s friend from the future which means we all failed? Even Keith Elwin!!

#3674 6 years ago

Not too bad wear and tear.

9C84B61D-9562-4787-A445-029550EC65D1 (resized).jpeg9C84B61D-9562-4787-A445-029550EC65D1 (resized).jpeg

#3675 6 years ago

Was that also 1M ball ejects and auto launches? I’m trying to figure how this was tested.

#3676 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was that also 1M ball ejects and auto launches? I’m trying to figure how this was tested.

It's magic! Charlie gave me a peek into the inner sanctum where a small devil tortures the playfield. Opps, I wasn't supposed to divulge the mechanical wonders in the inner sanctum!

#3677 6 years ago

If I'm not mistaken they made Bug just pull the plunger over and over again one million times. That is dedication right there.

#3678 6 years ago

they made a contraption where the ball shooting up into lane like normal, launches like normal (actually 2 balls constantly going i think), and thet then screwed divertors into the pf so one ball goes to each pf scoop, fires out of each scoop (one going right over the holes where drop targets are supposed to be) and both balls go back to trough.

cycle on repeat constantly.

There is no doubt about it that this is the highest quality playfield we have seen for durability yet from spooky (possibly anywhere in common day)

#3679 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

If I'm not mistaken they made Bug just pull the plunger over and over again one million times. That is dedication right there.

Come on... that’s just plain child abuse. However, I did hear rumors that they made him sit there with a clicker and count each ball plunge and eject... that’s how they know it was 1mil.

#3680 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I wish forward time travel would be easier to shorten waiting time for batch #3

You are from Wien?

Don't you mean Vienna?

Just kidding. Been there several times in life. I don't usually see 'Wien' on anything here like a map, etc. It's always Vienna in English.

BEAUTIFUL country!!!

Mike in Kentucky

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they made a contraption where the ball shooting up into lane like normal, launches like normal (actually 2 balls constantly going i think), and thet then screwed divertors into the pf so one ball goes to each pf scoop, fires out of each scoop (one going right over the holes where drop targets are supposed to be) and both balls go back to trough.
cycle on repeat constantly.
There is no doubt about it that this is the highest quality playfield we have seen for durability yet from spooky (possibly anywhere in common day)

Thanks, that would also lead to testing the scoop and ball ejector mechanisms, that's impressive.

#3682 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

It's always Vienna in English.

Thnx, didn‘t take a look at my settings for a while, should be correct now.

Quoted from Pintucky:

BEAUTIFUL country!!!

Thanks, it is a beautiful city indeed, but a looong way to travel for my TNA once its done

Cheers

Quoted from Whysnow:

That sounds about right, the picture is very comforting

#3683 6 years ago

Spooky now seem to have the best playfields of any manufacturer.

Who makes them? Guessing that is a trade secret....

#3684 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

edited: bad joke that could be confusing

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

spooky makes them

Charlie continues to make more and more of his own parts, but he does not make the playfields.

#3686 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie continues to make more and more of his own parts, but he does not make the playfields.

sorry, it was a bad joke about them being a trade secret.

#3687 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, it was a bad joke about them being a trade secret.

Don't make me come over there.....

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't make me come over there.....

get on your horse and buggy. I will see you in 2 weeks.

You can pick up that pallet of geritol I ordered in bulk on the interwebs for you.

#3689 6 years ago

I am going to go to the total nuclear annihilation launch party over here in Van Nuys CA.

I can't buy a tna table, but I can sure as heck play one!

https://www.facebook.com/events/789751291228951/

#3690 6 years ago

Can I please have #153 already? Thank you!

#3691 6 years ago

Super excited to have Total Nuclear Annihilation arrive today! Getting it all set for this years Horrorhouse Fest! Yipeeeee

NM_Unboxing_TNA (resized).JPGNM_Unboxing_TNA (resized).JPG

TNA_HorrorhouseFest (resized).JPGTNA_HorrorhouseFest (resized).JPG

#3692 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

he does not make the playfields.

I'm guessing he also doesn't clear them, but he has chosen the clear type and process for his vendor. His trade secret on this alone is going to make his games desirable compared to many other manufacturers. That million cycled TNA playfield is crazy.

Would love for charlie to chime in whether those marks cleaned up with novus, or is he going to continue to run the cycle test another million hits?

#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Thnx, didn‘t take a look at my settings for a while, should be correct now.

It was correct to begin with! I shouldn't have influenced you to change it. Although, for those who don't speak German, they may not know you live in this well-known city. I wish I could make comments like that to my wife and she would be so quick to CHANGE things!Ha.

Ich habe vor langer Zeit zwei Jahre in Deutschland gelebt! Ich habe ein bisschen Deutsch gelernt, also verzeih mir, wenn das nicht stimmt.

Meine Lieblingsländer in der Welt sind: Deutschland, Österreich und die Schweiz. Die schönsten Orte auf dieser Erde!

Ich erinnere mich, dass ich an einem sehr kalten Novembertag im Jahr 1969 in den St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom) gegangen bin! Wir fuhren mit dem Aufzug nach oben, um die alte Pummerin Bell zu sehen. Ich habe einen Abschluss in Geschichte. Ich bin ein Katholik. Das war sehr interessant für mich. Ich liebe das Konzept, dass die Glocke aus 300 Kanonen besteht, die die Österreicher bei der Einnahme der Moslems am "Tur eroberten". Ich weiß, dass die alte Glocke 1945 bei einem Brand fiel und mit einem Teil des Metalls aus der alten Glocke wieder hergestellt wurde. Im nordrömischen Turm gibt es eine Glocke, die Bieringerin genannt wird. Die "Beer Ringer" Glocke. Ich denke, die meisten Pinside-Mitglieder würden wahrscheinlich den Klang dieser Glocke mögen! Ha.

Es ist so schön, deine Nachrichten auf Pinside zu lesen. Du hast mich auch dazu gebracht, das Wiener Brathähnchen im Wienerwald zu verpassen !!!
Auf Wiedersehen

Mike in Kentucky

#3695 6 years ago

Awesome to see another TNA delivered! There better be 162 TNAs posted in the thread. Then I'll know for sure mine is next!

#3696 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Super excited to have Total Nuclear Annihilation arrive today! Getting it all set for this years Horrorhouse Fest! Yipeeeee

Big congrats! Just curious, what number were you?

#3697 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

oh lordy I just heard I'm #29 or somewhere right around that number. Wheeeeeeee..... pinball!

...but I believe this is just another one shipped out of order. We're not already 29 games in, I don't think.

#3698 6 years ago

Photo appears to say game number 24.

#3699 6 years ago

Pretty sure there are a few that Charlie and crew want to get out for specific people that have specific events (in this case a fellow horro fan putting on his epic annual bash)

From what I have heard, things have gone EXTREMELY well for all the games out on route. Some minor feedback but things are holding up very well acrossed the board.

I can confirm that my personal game has gotten more plays than any other game at the location for this month and only very minor adjustments needed.

I had to adjust the set screws on the drop targets and then just general fine tuning to have the game play how I like it.

FYI, I have found 7.0 pitch to be the best for nice feeds from orbits and scoops.

#3700 6 years ago

got some audit numbers for us yet Whysnow? we need something while we wait

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.