Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 145.
#3601 6 years ago

This was the best new game I have played bar none. Blows Star Wars, Alien, Dialed In and Houdini out of the water. Great game. I got to own one.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

This was the best new game I have played bar none. Blows Star Wars, Alien, Dialed In and Houdini out of the water. Great game. I got to own one.

Great to hear.

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

How much Houdini have you played?

#3604 6 years ago

Houdini is sweet! Waiting to see them hit the market before committing to that... And waiting for the wallet to recover from TNA...

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

How much Houdini have you played?

I have only played Houdini about 20 games between 2 shows. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it and believe it will get better as the code is developed. Beautiful game and wouldn't mind owning one. I probably played more games of Houdini than TNA at this point. However, I just liked the gameplay much better on TNA. Super fast game that keeps you on edge. Music is rockin as well.

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Music is rockin as well.

The music does rock. That's what really drew me in right out the gate. So each reactor has its own spin to the music right?

So, where are we on the production models? I'm ready for some unboxing pics!

#3607 6 years ago

Some Very Groovy New T.N.A Merch!

Total Nuclear Annihilation T-Shirt Full Color Logo - Women's Black Tank Top
1TNAshirtWomens (resized).jpg1TNAshirtWomens (resized).jpg
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4696

#3608 6 years ago

Some More Very Groovy New T.N.A Merch!
1TNAmensShirt (resized).jpg1TNAmensShirt (resized).jpg
Total Nuclear Annihilation T-Shirt Full Color Logo - Men's Black or Charcoal
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4695

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Multimorphic's new website is live with the new lower pricing on the boards used in TNA. The site is: http://www.multimorphic.com. Here are direct links to the relevant board pages:
P3-ROC ($175): https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p3-roc/
PD-16 ($85): https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-16/
PD-LED ($70): https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-led/
SW-16 ($45): https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/sw-16/

At $375 prices do seem to be more reasonable now.. I'm guessing a similar setup a few years back would be more like $600?
Is the price break due to higher volumes as of late?
I'm also assuming if someone were to buy all the above boards, they could build an equivalent homebrew game to TNA (IE same coil count, switch count, RGB lighting, etc)?

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

At $375 prices do seem to be more reasonable now.. I'm guessing a similar setup a few years back would be more like $600?
Is the price break due to higher volumes as of late?
I'm also assuming if someone were to buy all the above boards, they could build an equivalent homebrew game to TNA (IE same coil count, switch count, RGB lighting, etc)?

TNA uses multiples of a few boards - not sure about all of them, but I'm pretty sure it's got FIVE PD-LED boards.

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

TNA uses multiples of a few boards - not sure about all of them, but I'm pretty sure it's got FIVE PD-LED boards.

Yeah - see post #3431. Total comes out to $875.

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Yeah - see post #3431. Total comes out to $875.

At retail pricing, yes. I'd guess the volume pricing on a run like TNA saves a bit more.

#3614 6 years ago

Looking forward to seeing everyone who has a ticket to attend the Pinball Life charity event and TNA release party on Friday!

IMG_20171006_170944_718 (resized).jpgIMG_20171006_170944_718 (resized).jpg

#3615 6 years ago

aweome!!!!!!!!!

#3616 6 years ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Looking forward to seeing everyone who has a ticket to attend the Pinball Life charity event and TNA release party on Friday!

Dr. Bitch!! ;-0

LIONMAN

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Dr. Bitch!! ;-0
LIONMAN

For an old man, your memory is working pretty well ;0)

LIONMAN

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Super Awesome!!!!!!

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Super badass.

#3620 6 years ago

LIONwoMAN I usually don't nerd out but that is freakin awesome!

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

lionwoman I usually don't nerd out but that is freakin awesome!

Neither do I usually, but there is a first time for everyone!

#3622 6 years ago

You're looking great!

#3624 6 years ago

Any news from the Pinball Life party/ TNA launch party?

#3625 6 years ago
#3626 6 years ago

can't help but say, while JJPOTC may be stealing the spotlight and no doubt is an awesome pin. I am still more excited for TNA.

At first I wasn't, I was having Pirates remorse but now I am zen with my decision to buy TNA.

I was thinking holy hell look at that JJPOTC it's gnarly. But at the end of the day TNA is still TNA and they are not antagonists. Pirates v TH that's a kick in the nuts, but TNA is a different pin-animal.

#3627 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can't help but say, while JJPOTC may be stealing the spotlight and no doubt is an awesome pin. I am still more excited for TNA.
At first I wasn't, I was having Pirates remorse but now I am zen with my decision to buy TNA.
I was thinking holy hell look at that JJPOTC it's gnarly. But at the end of the day TNA is still TNA and they are not antagonists. Pirates v TH that's a kick in the nuts, but TNA is a different pin-animal.

I was reminded at the Pinball Life open house how awesome the game is and after speaking to Charlie, am 100x more excited to pick it up when it's done. He's truly a down-to-earth awesome everyday guy.

I'm excited for JJPOTC and Eric did an AMAZING job even though it was his first (hopefully of many) design, but not for a second did I regret putting my order in for TNA. Instead, my wife and I were trying to find how we can justify and fund a JJPOTC. Even as a one player game, it will hold your interest; it's got the "one more time" factor.

#3628 6 years ago

Did Charlie say anything regarding how many games will ship soon, etc. etc.?

#3629 6 years ago

He asked what number I was, and he said probably in January. I'm #163. I didn't ask when they were going to start production or anything like that. I figured they would start shipping when they were ready and would be happy whenever I got it. It just happens that my birthday is in January so it's perfect timing. I just know I'm going to take a day or two off of work to pick it up, set it up and get Annihilated He said we would do lunch at Lawrence's in Benton whenever we came to pick it up, and that was on our way out of the Open House. Just a really awesome guy.

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Kayte said they just finished production of Jetsons and will be moving right into full production on TNA . I am number 54 and I will be getting my game this year . I think it is likely that anyone in the first 100 will get their game this year .

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I think it is likely that anyone in the first 100 will get their game this year .

A0AF7CD9-70C0-4468-85C6-A4797BC4F829 (resized).pngA0AF7CD9-70C0-4468-85C6-A4797BC4F829 (resized).png

#3632 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Found out I'm number 72 with an estimated Nov/Dec timeframe.

#3633 6 years ago

I ended up bringing my personal production game to Expo and putting it at the Double Danger booth!
20171014_212109 (resized).jpg20171014_212109 (resized).jpg

#3634 6 years ago

A huge thanks Scott! A bunch of folks I play...Er lose to... weekly weren't able to make it to Pinball Life. They were super excited to get to play it.
-Dale
PS. Incredible Pin and so neat to be able to play each of the iterations at Pinball Life.

#3635 6 years ago

Thanks Scott!!! I had a blast playing it today

#3636 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I ended up bringing my personal production game to Expo and putting it at the Double Danger booth!

Those mirror blades are sweet!

Are they part of the sideblades package now? (hoping...)

#3637 6 years ago

I really wanted to play it so appreciate you bringing it there! I noticed the one at Expo on Saturday had the butter cabinet too, man is that sweet. It makes it look like the cabinet is encased in acrylic it's so shiny...

#3638 6 years ago

Thanks Scott for bringing it and also chatting with us!

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Found out I'm number 72 with an estimated Nov/Dec timeframe.

I’ll be watching you. I’m number 73.

#3640 6 years ago

Scott,

Thanks for bringing TNA to the show! Very nice to see it there.

#3641 6 years ago

Scott and I spoke about TNA at the PBL party. As a new buyer I had a few things I wanted clarification on and I was pleasantly surprised as he cheerfully addressed all of my comments/questions without hesitation. The rest of the time I watched as others played further into the ruleset than I could. I was able to get in a few very fast games before I trotted off to play IJ... and that's when the TNA Effect hit me... every machine I played for the next 20 minutes seemed like slow motion.

Note to self:
On gameroom night play other games before TNA not after.

#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Kayte said they just finished production of Jetsons and will be moving right into full production on TNA . I am number 54 and I will be getting my game this year . I think it is likely that anyone in the first 100 will get their game this year .

Here's number 107 hoping for this year!

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here's number 107 hoping for this year!

#167 will be here in time for the Cinci league finals...Can't wait!

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

#167 will be here in time for the Cinci league finals...Can't wait!

Holy Moly.

#3645 6 years ago

Do we have confirmation of TNA's starting to go out now outside of Ed's, Joe's and Hilton's? #81 and hoping to have it before Christmas!

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Do we have confirmation of TNA's starting to go out now outside of Ed's, Joe's and Hilton's? #81 and hoping to have it before Christmas!

yes. There is one now at Tilt Barcade in twin cities.

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes. There is one now at Tilt Barcade in twin cities.

Played it today. They were still setting it up when I got there. AMAZING Pin! After reading about it on here, amazing to actually play it. Managed to get about 4-5 reactors. Light show and sounds... HNgggg!

Edit on reactors... Pretty sure it was 4-5, rush from playing at the time. Posted a 2,012,420 score.

IMG_7560 (resized).JPGIMG_7560 (resized).JPG

#3648 6 years ago

Anybody else notice when you get to a certain level of reactors (destroyed?) that the LED counters go blank? Not sure if it’s a bug, but nobody seems to notice with all this praise. It’s a fun looking game, but I think if you get far enough along it goes blank or something is wrong. It was during a YouTube vid at a band members house. Nobody paying close attention at all.

Hope Scott is being diligent on code, it just takes one long ball or game to reveal some flaws at the end

#3649 6 years ago

From what Ive read, Scott has been watching people play at each of these events, and has been keeping track of bugs to fix. I can't say I noticed it during the stream, but I'm sure if brought up to Scott, he will fix it.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Hope Scott is being diligent on code, it just takes one long ball or game to reveal some flaws at the end

Absolutely, he is working long hours dealing with all of the little things that are not quite right. As indicated, he watches a lot of game play, and I can assure you he is capturing lots of little issues that he sees, that probably few others are seeing, and addressing them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/73?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.