Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 145.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

!!!! Lit side rails are coming !!!!

Just so I'm clear about what you're selling here. We would use the side rails that come with TNA and this is back lighting for under the side rails, correct? What is the anticipated cost? $79? Do you have a video of Aerosmith? Hard to tell from the pictures on your site.

Just a little marketing advice... you might want to be more specific and explain where to find more info.

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick note to the TNA fans ...unboxed mine...well sort of.

How much and what is the install procedure for TNA? Not going to have to unstick then stick siderails back on potentially damaging them are we? are they just screwed in?

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So only Ed Robertson has received his game so far correct? Not trying to rush anything or be impatient but is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

Joe at PinballStar got his game last week in time for the York Show.

#3554 2 years ago

Capture (resized).JPG

#3555 2 years ago

Does that mean...you're having turkey tonight, or that your machine is ready?

#3556 2 years ago

Machine #2 ready?

#3557 2 years ago

Butterball

#3558 2 years ago

The truth is out there.

E2F9C204-A0C2-4898-BFAC-B0A72AB4B88A (resized).jpeg

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yes that is correct.....Lit side rails are coming.
One round is planned but as the deliveries and production ramps up we can do another round later.
Looks like I will not have a machine till 2018 but Scott has agreed to install a set and do some glam shots for me.

Be nice if this was a factory install option. I'm not too keen on the idea of ripping my siderails off my NIB game to add them myself.

Someone needs to figure out a way to add a plasma pop bumper cap to this game that will let the LED coloring through. Thinking transparent with white plasma would look good. The plasma would only run if the reactor was critical or somesuch.

#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick note to the TNA fans ...unboxed mine...well sort of.
Scott and Terry were super helpful in getting me a rail for test fitting.
Sneak peak...what do you think if the color? This is the off color lit color will be similar to my Aerosmith rail el.
To get on the pre- release list with no money down email me at hookedonpniball@outlook.com
We are shooting for a Nov release for TNA right after SWLE rail EL. No money down just making a list at this point.

This is the El behind the rail off. Lit it will be a purple color.

correct email address is probably hookedonpinball@outlook.com

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So only Ed Robertson has received his game so far correct? Not trying to rush anything or be impatient but is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

These early games were effectively 'sample' games going out for test and some key objectives. They were backed up waiting for some parts (computers) but the computers came at the end of the week AFAIK. That was last week...

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Joe at PinballStar got his game last week in time for the York Show.

I thought his was a sample and not a production model.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I thought his was a sample and not a production model.

What is the point you are trying to make? Clearly more than one machine has been built. I've played Joe's, it's real. You can call Ed's machine the first or a sample but I really don't get where you're going with that. These aren't numbered "LE" models.

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

What is the point you are trying to make? Clearly more than one machine has been built. I've played Joe's, it's real. You can call Ed's machine the first or a sample but I really don't get where you're going with that. These aren't numbered "LE" models.

This type of nitpicky attempting to classify games as they arrive drives me a bit nuts too. If it was made by the factory using the final, production spec parts, it's a production machine. If it was made with prototype parts that might be altered before final production, then it's a prototype machine.

From everything i've read/heard they are producing production machines now. There was only one prototype machine produced (I think).

#3565 2 years ago

all I know is mine is supposed to ship next week!!!

#3566 2 years ago

Awesome! Looks like shipping has begun. Trying not to get too excited as this is just the first "batch", but it is exciting to see progress being made.

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

all I know is mine is supposed to ship next week!!!

Awesome! Make sure to post some unboxing pics!

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I wasn't aware that I was trying to make a point. Why the negativity? I'm really interested in the machine and was considering buying one. I was just looking for information on how quickly they are being produced and thought that after production number one was released that more would follow quickly yet I haven't seen any unboxing videos. I found the delay odd and asked a harmless question. I think that I read that whysnow had number 2, so I made the comment about Joe's machine. Any other answers that you need from me before I can continue to post?

#3569 2 years ago

Production game 002 is now at ALT brew. Stop on out for the monthly meetup tonight at 630p

IMG_1286 (resized).JPG

IMG_1287 (resized).JPG

#3570 2 years ago

IMG_1288 (resized).JPG

IMG_1290 (resized).JPG

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

These early games were effectively 'sample' games going out for test and some key objectives. They were backed up waiting for some parts (computers) but the computers came at the end of the week AFAIK. That was last week...

Thank you for answering my question and not being a jerk about it. I really appreciate it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Production game 002 is now at ALT brew. Stop on out for the monthly meetup tonight at 630p

Your game number doesn't matter whysnow because it's not a limited edition and they can make as many as they want.

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Your game number doesn't matter whysnow because it's not a limited edition and they can make as many as they want.

It matters because 151 - 2 = 149 more until mine!

#3573 2 years ago

Just curious on what you set pricing on it at?

#3574 2 years ago

Are the ramp shots as difficult to make as people say??

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

When I played TNA, I made 100% of the ramp shots I took. I'm a terrible player too. TNA is like magic.

#3576 2 years ago

you-ever-take-it-off-any-sweet-jumps (resized).jpg

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I hear they are near impossible.

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just curious on what you set pricing on it at?

same as all our new games, $1 per play.

After a certain amount of time (usually a couple months) the price will change. I am thinking the standard on this game is $1 and 4 credits for $3. It just seems perfect for a night out of playing 4 player games and the 3 losers pay each round; winner plays the next game for free.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

same as all our new games, $1 per play.
After a certain amount of time (usually a couple months) the price will change. I am thinking the standard on this game is $1 and 4 credits for $3. It just seems perfect for a night out of playing 4 player games and the 3 losers pay each round; winner plays the next game for free.

Yeah that's a great point on the four player games!

#3580 2 years ago

if there was a way to permenant mould a sac rac into the the lockdown bar so it does not walk off, then I would

this game is intended to bring back the social aspect of pinball which is something I love about it.

#3581 2 years ago

whysnow What do you think of it as a 1 player game though? I hear a lot of people raving about how great of a game TNA is with friends. I’m wondering if it’s just as good solo long term. Will it only really get play in a home setting when my fiends are over?

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

whysnow What do you think of it as a 1 player game though? I hear a lot of people raving about how great of a game TNA is with friends. I’m wondering if it’s just as good solo long term. Will it only really get play in a home setting when my fiends are over?

I think it provides lots of fun and challenge as a 1 player. I look forward to seeing how many reactors deep I can make it.

The music shifts as you go further realy keep that aspect of it fresh. I personally think it will be good solo but better with friends (kind of like sex ).

I know for me, even if playing solo I will start a 2 player game and compete against myself. Then if player 1 gets 5 reacotors deep i may decide to use player 2 to lock balls for player 1

I play all my classic Bally games as 1 player and have lots of fun with them. TNA is the same that it is a physically simple game to understand but challenging to master. i think that is what keeps me coming back for more, no matter if solo or as a group play game.

I plan to spend some nights sessioning out my TNA solo so I can learn it better.

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know for me, even if playing solo I will start a 2 player game and compete against myself. Then if player 1 gets 5 reacotors deep i may decide to use player 2 to lock balls for player 1

Cheater!

#3584 2 years ago

Hell yes! How else am I ever going to make it to reactor 9...

#3585 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hell yes! How else am I ever going to make it to reactor 9...

Uh... I don't think you actually are. It's supposed to be aspirational, but not really something anyone can ever achieve, you know, like Valhalla/Heaven.

#3586 2 years ago

I can understand the comments about this is a good game for a larger collection but I am seriously considering hopping in and I only have one other machine that is not deep. I was looking for "super deep" as the next game but TNA is seriously fun and looks freaking amazing. I can see myself playing for hours trying to get to the next reactor level. I only have played 5 games but it sucked me right in.

I'm so, so, so freaking close to pulling the trigger.

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I can understand the comments about this is a good game for a larger collection but I am seriously considering hopping in and I only have one other machine that is not deep. I was looking for "super deep" as the next game but TNA is seriously fun and looks freaking amazing. I can see myself playing for hours trying to get to the next reactor level. I only have played 5 games but it sucked me right in.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Heading out to one of my favorite bars this weekend to play TNA...but only until mine is ready

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

you are not all that far from Madison. Why not swing over to play some more games on it.

We have over 35 games plus TNA on route in Madison so easy to make a fun day out of pinball.

#3589 2 years ago

How does it sound on location ? At the york show it sounded even with all the noise of a show

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

How does it sound on location ? At the york show it sounded even with all the noise of a show

you could turn it up loud if you wanted as the whole sounds sytem is top notch for TNA.

As with most locations we have to tune the sound to match the quiet times of the bar (bar tenders tend to not want to hear a 'game' in the background during more chill times) which means it will never be as loud as I would like...

I did some rearranging to try and tuck it in a spot where the sound can be slightly louder (does not bounce as much to the main bar) I plan to fine tune things later tonight or Sat (I literally set it up just in time for the monthly meetup last night.

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you could turn it up loud if you wanted as the whole sounds sytem is top notch for TNA.
As with most locations we have to tune the sound to match the quiet times of the bar (bar tenders tend to not want to hear a 'game' in the background during more chill times) which means it will never be as loud as I would like...
I did some rearranging to try and tuck it in a spot where the sound can be slightly louder (does not bounce as much to the main bar) I plan to fine tune things later tonight or Sat (I literally set it up just in time for the monthly meetup last night.

Nice

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

do-it (resized).jpg

#3593 2 years ago

LOL... you guys are evil.

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It matters because 151 - 2 = 149 more until mine!

100% right! I'll be doing a constant count down till they reach 174.

Congrats on getting your game Hilton. Did they write something on the back of yours as well?

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on getting your game Hilton. Did they write something on the back of yours as well?

Nope, mine is still mint with no blemishes

Game is getting heavy play and playing really well!
I have seen lots of smiling faces the past few days. it is so refreshing to see more and more new faces getting engaged in pinball because of this game!

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, mine is still mint with no blemishes
Game is getting heavy play and playing really well!
I have seen lots of smiling faces the past few days. it is so refreshing to see more and more new faces getting engaged in pinball because of this game!

do you have any audits for average ball time?

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

do you have any audits for average ball time?

+1! Get to auditing Hilton and report back!

#3598 2 years ago

I have not looked at any audits, but they will be more valuable after at least a week or two of play.

I will chekc prior to next code update, before I dump them for Scott and Spooky to analyze.

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Be nice if this was a factory install option. I'm not too keen on the idea of ripping my siderails off my NIB game to add them myself.

Good news on these - the rails are screwed in. So if you can run a Philips head you can install the panels.
The panels will be like my other panels which are super simple to install. Once the rail is off you peel and stick the panels.
The wiring follows the glass channel to the back box. Power supply is a plug in and play to a factory location, cant get much simpler that that.

#3600 2 years ago

Hooked makes quality stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside