Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 145.
#3501 6 years ago

It's a baby flipper that must be flipped with a baby hand.

baby (resized).jpgbaby (resized).jpg

#3502 6 years ago

I've heard from myself and also on the most recent spooky podcast that this game is gonna be in Horrorhouse Fest... the haunted house with a pinball tournament in it! I can promise it will be the best way to truly experience this game out in the open, so if you're anywhere near Colorado, you should try and make it on November 11th http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

#3503 6 years ago

Atom Smasher

#3504 6 years ago

It is more of a Nuclear Reactor Cozy. Just keeping it warmed up..

il_340x270.1253917878_lljq (resized).jpgil_340x270.1253917878_lljq (resized).jpg

#3505 6 years ago

"Are we there yet?"

#3507 6 years ago

I'm almost there

#3508 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm almost there

“Son you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you Had gotten there.”

#3509 6 years ago

I made a road trip to Benton today to see TNA. Charlie was great to meet and TNA was a blast! Still on the fence with so many new pins coming out but I would clearly be thrilled with a TNA in my tiny collection of two machines. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a TNA. Damn, it's fun to play and absolutely beautiful. Really a great value.

Tim

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I made a road trip to Benton today to see TNA. Charlie was great to meet and TNA was a blast! Still on the fence with so many new pins coming out but I would clearly be thrilled with a TNA in my tiny collection of two machines. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a TNA. Damn, it's fun to play and absolutely beautiful. Really a great value.
Tim

I'm certain it's tough to tell in a few short games but would you envision yourself getting bored with it quickly?

#3511 6 years ago

I think it would be a great multiplayer title! I too am curious if it will have lasting power as a single player game. My feelings are that it will since it seems fairly tough to reach the end.

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm certain it's tough to tell in a few short games but would you envision yourself getting bored with it quickly?

Yeah, 95% of the time, I'm going to be playing it by myself. And I only have 1 game now, a KISS Pro, so it doesn't seem like the right choice for a 2nd game. does it? And I was looking for a game with super deep rules like DI. I also hate brutal games. So what the hell am I thinking looking at TNA?

I've only got maybe 5 games of TNA under my belt but I think it's got legs. It is crazy fun to play. It is depth is in how difficult it is to destroy the reactors. Increasingly difficult. The game fights you. It engages you very quickly. The rules are super easy to explain but there is strategy. And it looks freaking amazing in person.

#3513 6 years ago

Is it smaller in height and depth than the "usual" pinball machine? It's looked that way in a few photos I have seen and in the stream last week from Ed Robertson's house.

#3514 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Is it smaller in height and depth than the "usual" pinball machine? It's looked that way in a few photos I have seen and in the stream last week from Ed Robertson's hou

We've already had this discussion and was answered by Scott. Check out a couple of pages back in this thread. I asked this myself. Bottom line, same dimensions, but glass is closer to playfield so less angle of backbox to cabinet ...think early solid state game like Sorcerer, Tomcat, High Speed, etc.

#3515 6 years ago

Had the great pleasure of playing TNA and meeting Scott today. TNA is a beautiful game, and very challenging.

Your adrenaline starts flowing as soon as you take your first plunge, and every revolution of the spinner increases your heart rate.

My first game I made it to reactor two and started a couple multiballs. Felt pretty good about that. My second game I had reactor one ready to start but could not do it. (I'll just have to try again tomorrow...)

I'm very excited for Spooky and for Scott. It is the best playing modern game I've seen in quite a long time.

Thank you Spooky, Scott, and Pinball Star!

#3516 6 years ago

I can’t wait to get this game!

#3517 6 years ago

Good luck at York guys. I hope you get a whole new group excited about TNA.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I can’t wait to get this game!

It had the longest line ALL day at York. Here is my son playing it! They had it turned up loud and I was impressed with the music and light package...

20170929_150705 (resized).jpg20170929_150705 (resized).jpg

Front view with me playing!
20170929_150749 (resized).jpg20170929_150749 (resized).jpg

#3519 6 years ago

I hope it plays better than it looks. I just don't see much going on in that playfield.

#3520 6 years ago

I'm 100% in on this game because I love this style, I have 8-10 early 80s Ballys. But being honest, this style won't be for everyone. So, for those of you on the fence about the game, wait and buy a used one. While I've played it and it is right up my alley, this is different than anything produced in I don't even know how long. I can guaranty that there will be a bunch of people caught up in the hype that don't end up liking this style game. And given that the development is open and ongoing, the resale value won't be great when you can readily get on the list for a NIB game.

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I hope it plays better than it looks. I just don't see much going on in that playfield.

It's so solid. It needs played as Scott made pinball so much better.

A new scoop design that acts like a kickback. Imagine the possibilities of this in future games. Plus they ran 500,000 test cycles on it and it is still perfect!

He made the flippers pulse so there is no bend when struck hard with a ball.

The light show is awesome. The throwback sounds and hidden things are awesome.

In person, the art is perfect for the theme.

My only complaint was not making the cabinet stenciled.

It is a desert island pinball. 80's and today meshed together. Plus Scott has so much passion. I told him I'd play the game for a year before I'd get tired of it. His reply was he may have to keep updating code to make sure that does not happen.

I predict this game sells 500 or more. All it takes is for one to play it and they want it.

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

That's the beauty of this title. This game was incredible to play in white wood/proto type form and on the surface looked scarce or empty. The sound system really drew me in and the game caught me off guard, after playing it I just kept coming back for more games. This game is incredible, so much so I put my money where my mouth is and bought one. This one is worth the wait in line, trust me.

#3523 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Had the great pleasure of playing TNA and meeting Scott today. TNA is a beautiful game, and very challenging.
Your adrenaline starts flowing as soon as you take your first plunge, and every revolution of the spinner increases your heart rate.
My first game I made it to reactor two and started a couple multiballs. Felt pretty good about that. My second game I had reactor one ready to start but could not do it. (I'll just have to try again tomorrow...)
I'm very excited for Spooky and for Scott. It is the best playing modern game I've seen in quite a long time.
Thank you Spooky, Scott, and Pinball Star!

Nice endorsement from one of the #1 men in Bingo .... Has to be a good game - Nick is an ambassador for Pinball across the board. You know a game is good when Nick says it's so.

York looks like so much fun - have to get there in the future.

#3524 6 years ago

I'm about 4 hours away from York, and I'm off next Friday. I'm not kidding when I say that I had a half an hour discussion with my wife last night about driving to York and taking a vacation day on Saturday just to play TNA. She waited the entire time until I was done talking to tell me that the show was today not next week.

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I just don't see much going on in that playfield.

Looks are very deceiving on this game.

I mentioned this before, but this game is a beautifully crafted love letter to the fans of older games. Satisfying shots, good flow, brutal speed, and quite honestly, perhaps the best music and light package in a game released in the last few years.

Inline drops that lock balls, creative pop bumper use, mini flipper, Bally style match sequence, It’s like someone took a Bally game and dialed it up to 11.

As you play, you completely forget the game lacks any ramps or subways. Just goes to show you that Pinball doesn’t need fancy bells and whistles to be good.

#3526 6 years ago

Just Look at the coil count. Over 16 most games maxed at. Definitely more than any bally. I count 20 when you add a knocker. A ramp doesn’t mean feature. Look at a ramp heavy playfeild plank. See all the whitespace! That to me seems like a waste. Now look at a old bally mid to earily 80s plank. Wow they used the entire thing. And they were hard. No wonder these are picking up in popularity.

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

quite honestly, perhaps the best music and light package in a game released in the last few years.

I used to think STLE had the best light show, but then I got Woz and found it so much better because of the way the lights changed intensity and softer roll off or fade.

Some games overpower you with bright lights but don't know how to tone it down so you are more impressed when the lights do kick in at full power.

I'm curious how TNA light show compares to Woz or DI? Hard to tell actual how it will look from watching the video (I watched Woz video all the time didn't know how great it was until I got it in my game room with my preferred lighting).

#3528 6 years ago

The only ramp I need will be on the delivery truck.

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm curious how TNA light show compares to Woz or DI?

TNA light shows are definitely more understated than either of those games.

It looks like TNA drew some inspiration from those Capcom games with the CPU controlled lights under the plastics. It's not a rainbow color explosion like Woz is, instead using larger chunks of solid colors with light shows that are far more reaching, since they extend beyond inserts. Light insert colors are also consistent--unlike DI where you'll have one insert changing into like 5 different colors all the time even though it's indicating the same function. Fade and strobing are used interchangeably, so it has a refined look as well. The result is a game that has a surprisingly strong light show impact without it being like ridiculously hard to follow--which is a problem that I have with both DI and WoZ.

#3530 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

TNA light shows are definitely more understated than either of those games.
It looks like TNA drew some inspiration from those Capcom games with the CPU controlled lights under the plastics. It's not a rainbow color explosion like Woz is, instead using larger chunks of solid colors with light shows that are far more reaching, since they extend beyond inserts. Light insert colors are also consistent--unlike DI where you'll have one insert changing into like 5 different colors all the time even though it's indicating the same function. Fade and strobing are used interchangeably, so it has a refined look as well. The result is a game that has a surprisingly strong light show impact without it being like ridiculously hard to follow--which is a problem that I have with both DI and WoZ.

Thanks for the reply

Can you say is it like STLE or GOT LE, Better or worse?

I typically play in semi dark game room.

#3531 6 years ago

Charlie turned the lights off when I played it and it was semi-dark. The light show was amazing in the dark. I didn't find it too bright. There is one moment when the machine goes crazy and it was like the 20 photographers snapping your picture. However, it just adds to that 'machine fighting back' feeling.

#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's very deceptive. The 'toy' in the game is the entire upper third of the playfield. Compare to a SW Pro for example, instead of ramps and a little loop that returns the ball to the flipper, you have a crazy nuclear reactor with a mini flipper, 4 coils, an LED display that feeds the ball into a scoop that fires the ball back at you faster than a ramp could deliver the ball to the flipper. That's one hellluva a toy!

And the reactor area has a clear purpose in the game. It is super exciting to get the ball up into that reactor when it is overheating. Great emotional build up with the lights, sound fx and callouts.

I was worried about the lack of modes (still am to some degree) but instead of modes, you are battling a reactor and it gets increasingly difficult. So each run you make at a reactor is kind of like beating a mode. No one it seems has gotten close to beating all nine reactors.

#3533 6 years ago

So konjurer, are you gonna join the club?

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I used to think STLE had the best light show, but then I got Woz and found it so much better because of the way the lights changed intensity and softer roll off or fade.
Some games overpower you with bright lights but don't know how to tone it down so you are more impressed when the lights do kick in at full power.
I'm curious how TNA light show compares to Woz or DI? Hard to tell actual how it will look from watching the video (I watched Woz video all the time didn't know how great it was until I got it in my game room with my preferred lighting).

The beacon effect used with the upper half of the PF is show enough of its own. The game also uses wipes all over the place... color changing GI with the reactor state, etc. it's awesome.

#3535 6 years ago

I just noticed on the pinball star Facebook video that the backglass light flashes with the pop bumper. Never saw that before.

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So konjurer, are you gonna join the club?

I feel like Chevy Chase on the edge of the pool and Christie Brinkley tempting me "Well, are you gonna go for it?"

#3537 6 years ago
#3538 6 years ago

Those of you that saw the game at York... what do you think of the art decals for the inside of the cab?

#3539 6 years ago

I’m hoping somebody comes out with custom mirror blades for it by the time mine goes into production.

#3540 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Those of you that saw the game at York... what do you think of the art decals for the inside of the cab?

They were very subtle but I did notice them. Blended well with the pictures on the LCD.

TNA ART (resized).jpgTNA ART (resized).jpg

#3541 6 years ago

Quick note to the TNA fans ...unboxed mine...well sort of.

!!!! Lit side rails are coming !!!!

Scott and Terry were super helpful in getting me a rail for test fitting.

Sneak peak...what do you think if the color? This is the off color lit color will be similar to my Aerosmith rail el.

To get on the pre- release list with no money down email me at [email protected]
We are shooting for a Nov release for TNA right after SWLE rail EL. No money down just making a list at this point.

20170929_213211_resized_1 (resized).jpg20170929_213211_resized_1 (resized).jpg

This is the El behind the rail off. Lit it will be a purple color.

unlit el test (resized).jpgunlit el test (resized).jpg

#3542 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick note to the TNA diehard fans ...unboxed mine today...well sort of.
Sneak peak...what do you think if the color? This is the off color lit color will be similar to my Aerosmith rail el.
To get on the pre- release list with no money down email me at [email protected]
We are shooting for a Nov release right after SWLE rail EL. No money down just making a list at this point.

what is this? sorry, i dont understand what you are offering...

#3543 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is this? sorry, i dont understand what you are offering...

Was just thinking the same thing

#3544 6 years ago

I beleive its a el backlit side rail. But the first pic didn't load.

#3545 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I beleive its a el backlit side rail. But the first pic didn't load.

Yes that is correct.....Lit side rails are coming.
One round is planned but as the deliveries and production ramps up we can do another round later.
Looks like I will not have a machine till 2018 but Scott has agreed to install a set and do some glam shots for me.

#3546 6 years ago

Hot damn!

#3547 6 years ago

More glam shots of TNA for Pinsiders, the fact that Scott is involved only makes it better.

Brad

#3548 6 years ago

So only Ed Robertson has received his game so far correct? Not trying to rush anything or be impatient but is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

#3549 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So only Ed Robertson has received his game so far correct? Not trying to rush anything or be impatient but is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

No, normally the huge gap is between the announcement and game one. This one will ship with code too so tighten your seat belt!

#3550 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

When I got the factory tour last week they were just ramping up for the first batch. Still some Jetsons on the floor to be shipped out. It appeared that everything is just about set to begin. Charlie said it would be slow going at first, then accelerate as they get more familiar with production process of the new machines.

I'm guessing that Ed's game was kinda like a dress rehearsal for TNA production and didn't mark the start of the full run.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.