Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 145.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

5 High Fives to the 1st to put one of these on location!!!!!

I've heard that will be out here at AYCE GOGI.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've heard that will be out here at AYCE GOGI.

Also, there will be 2 early production models in the midwest soon!

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

5 High Fives to the 1st to put one of these on location!!!!!

Can Doug please take the high 5s for the winner.

high5 (resized).JPG

#3454 2 years ago

Mine might go on location

#3455 2 years ago

Here's my location.

IMG_20170926_202826182 (resized).jpg

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my location.

Far out, what all do you have in your collection?

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my location.

Do they serve good drinks?

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What one has the master compnents, pd-16?

PD-16 is the power driver board, for the coils.

The P3-ROC is the "controller" part that connects to the controlling PC and drives all the networked boards like the PD-16 and PD-LED. SW-16 is the switch input board.

This game has *five* PD-LEDs in it - each PD-LED can control 28 RGB LEDs and there's *five* of them - retail price $90 each. The fact that this game is only $5995 is amazing.

#3459 2 years ago

I'm betting that if you buy 1000 PD-LED boards, you can get them for a bit less than $90. Still, I get what you're saying. Any kind of boards (these included) add up quickly.

#3460 2 years ago

They're buying in lots of 50, though. Not 1000.

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Far out, what all do you have in your collection?

Ex wives

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm betting that if you buy 1000 PD-LED boards, you can get them for a bit less than $90. Still, I get what you're saying. Any kind of boards (these included) add up quickly.

$90 is old retail pricing on the PD-LEDs. As mentioned elsewhere, now that there are 4 major manufacturers using our boards, we get to leverage higher volume manufacturing and pass on savings to everybody. Retail pricing is going down. Volume pricing was already significantly lower and has recently gone down even more. Updated pricing will go live on our new Multimorphic site soon.

Note also, despite some people asking for variations, we currently only manufacturer one coil driver board... the PD-16. There are lots of advantages to sourcing only one variation, both for manufacturers and for end-customers. People wanting to keep replacement stock on hand can do so with confidence that replacements will work for any PD-16 location (and in any of the machines across multiple manufacturers that use them).

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Note also, despite some people asking for variations, we currently only manufacturer one coil driver board... the PD-16. There are lots of advantages to sourcing only one variation, both for manufacturers and for end-customers. People wanting to keep replacement stock on hand can do so with confidence that replacements will work for any PD-16 location (and in any of the machines across multiple manufacturers that use them).
- Gerry

Too bad Stern didn't take this approach with their node boards!

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Too bad Stern didn't take this approach with their node boards!

You kidding? You cant create a shortage if your using off the shelf boards.

#3466 2 years ago

$90 is old retail pricing on the PD-LEDs. As mentioned elsewhere, now that there are 4 major manufacturers using our boards, we get to leverage higher volume manufacturing and pass on savings to everybody. Retail pricing is going down. Volume pricing was already significantly lower and has recently gone down even more. Updated pricing will go live on our new Multimorphic site soon.
- Gerry

Good to know I priced out TNA solution and with power currently it's around $1300.

With the p-roc one of the driver boards needs to be the master ($10 extra). So with P3 is a master needed? What board is TNA master for the node chain?

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

With the p-roc one of the driver boards needs to be the master ($10 extra). So with P3 is a master needed? What board is TNA master for the node chain?

To be clear, the P3 is Multimorphic's pinball platform / machine with games like Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth, Cannon Lagoon, and others. The controller board used in TNA is the same one used in the P3. It's the P3-ROC (named as a variation on the original P-ROC). The P3-ROC has master circuitry on-board. It masters the serial chain to the other boards (PD-16, PD-LED, SW-16).

Generally speaking, the original P-ROC is for re-themes of existing games (WPC, WPC-95, Stern Whitestar, and Stern SAM), whereas the P3-ROC is our recommend controller for new machine builds, like TNA.

- Gerry

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Thanks 10 years from now i don't want to pay $800 for an nos proc and be in the same boat as the pin 2000 guys now with the motherboard/processor.

Pinball Life will also be a supplier for the TnA boards if you'd like to grab spares... it's a tried and true product and REALLY robust! Scott and I have both tried to murder them in various ways. It can be done but you REALLY gotta screw up.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Pinball Life will also be a supplier for the TnA boards if you'd like to grab spares... it's a tried and true product and REALLY robust! Scott and I have both tried to murder them in various ways. It can be done but you REALLY gotta screw up.

Always great to have a spare set. I'll order one.

#3470 2 years ago

we get to leverage higher volume manufacturing and pass on savings to everybody.

I hope we get to help you with that leverage A BUNCH Gerry!!! So far, so great.

The bottom side of the playfield may look intimidating, but trust me... if I can figure it out, smart people will get it fast. Between Gerry's product and Scott's use of it, just nothing but goodness in this game. Very stable, very reliable, very robust.

Quite a few of the first 10 games are going on location. We'll have one at Lawrence's here in Benton beating the daylights out of it as well.

Back to work... more TnA's coming VERY soon!

#3471 2 years ago

Awesome - Hopefully I inspire people to think about this and he sells a ton of them.

#3472 2 years ago

Quite a few of the first 10 games are going on location. We'll have one at Lawrence's here in Benton beating the daylights out of it as well.

That's exciting !

LTG : )

#3473 2 years ago

Sure am going to miss hanging with Gerry this expo

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Always great to have a spare set. I'll order one.

Order me a set lol

I plan on using my "spares" in my custom build. That way I'm using them too. Hence the questions to determine the same boards. P3 here I come

#3475 2 years ago

Are y'all bringing one to HAAG in Houston in October?

#3476 2 years ago

I hope we get to help you with that leverage A BUNCH Gerry!!! So far, so great.

Great start indeed. TNA is a stunning machine and amazing game. It's been fun watching Scott turn his ideas into something so many people love, and it's great to see Spooky help deliver it. Huge congrats to everybody involved!

Quoted from bangerjay:

Sure am going to miss hanging with Gerry this expo

Best part of Expo is the people. I have so much more to learn from you, Jay! Please tell me you'll be at TPF again next year.

- Gerry

#3477 2 years ago

Best part of Expo is the people. I have so much more to learn from you, Jay! Please tell me you'll be at TPF again next year.
- Gerry

Planning on it!

#3478 2 years ago

I have so much more to learn from you, Jay!
- Gerry

Now you're just makin shit up.

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Now you're just makin shit up.

Don't be a Dick Bryan!

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't be a Dick Bryan!

+1

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't be a Dick Bryan!

Touche', asshole.

#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was referring to TNA half a year ago when it was revealed, it did not have Spooky making it which is what you are referring to and I spelled that out fully.

Using the word "revealed" is probably a stretch. If you listen to his description of the story, the guy just wanted to build a fun pin for himself and his buddies to knock around during head-to-head matchups. Short balls times. He took it to a few shows to share it...but it was never "revealed" in the sense that he intended to have it go into full production.

That's one of the cool beauties of this game. It's born of imagination and fun. The love that it garnered at a few shows helped push its production to reality. Far from being shown as a game that was designed to be manufactured.

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Using the word "revealed" is probably a stretch. If you listen to his description of the story, the guy just wanted to build a fun pin for himself and his buddies to knock around during head-to-head matchups. Short balls times. He took it to a few shows to share it...but it was never "revealed" in the sense that he intended to have it go into full production.
That's one of the cool beauties of this game. It's born of imagination and fun. The love that it garnered at a few shows helped push its production to reality. Far from being shown as a game that was designed to be manufactured.

It's a super awesome story, and too bad it didn't match up with the Spooky Documentary timelines. Would have been awesome to see Scott's story retold.

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a super awesome story, and too bad it didn't match up with the Spooky Documentary timelines. Would have been awesome to see Scott's story retold.

I agree 100%.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
Bill Shakespeare

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I hear sequels are big these days.

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can I get any new reviews from people who have played it recently, did it live up to expectations is it better or worse than you imagined?
Closest (comparison) to me was Predator.
What I mean Predator was a new game, new designer, exciting gameplay video, lots of buz, decent bad price, home brew or boutique pin.
Predator was different than TNA because it was licensed (falsely claimed), had no previous building experience behind it (like Spooky) there was a lot of question marks around Predator and it stalled in the pre production stage. So I don't want to relate too much with the comparison to TNA. But my point is, I never played Predator, but it was played at various shows and I believe that was where is fell down even before the production, pre-pay fiasco. I read many reviews saying it was just meh.
I just want back to refresh my memory of Predator (before the fiasco) and the game reviews were mixed to poor. At the shows people said it was constantly breaking down, ball stuck, long ball times, some said just not fun to play. And people seemed to be buying it for the theme more than anything else.
For me once IMVE was released at the same price it didn't even make sense to buy a Predator because I was not in love with the Predator theme, and I figured IMVE same price, proven production, proven rules was a much safer buy.
Opposite that TNA looks rock solid although I have not watched all the video streams, I saw one ball stuck way back on the first video (when the game didn't know a ball was locked). Everyone seems to love the gameplay, I have never heard anyone say meh about TNA. It's 100% more put together than Predator, much better art and build quality and is shipping now so no questions there.
I just like to hear more reviews of people who have played it.

Rai - I thought you put money down to buy the game? I'm confused.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Rai - I thought you put money down to buy the game? I'm confused.

I did put money down just trying to hear more from people who have played it especially people who have played it for the first time as it's now in production rather than as a prototype many months ago.

I was interested in more reviews, everyone seems to love it.

I really think the production game is very nicely presented and doesn't look homebrew at all, looks very polished and stable.

I don't mean to say home brew in a bad sense more that it started out that way but quickly became very professional looking.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I hear sequels are big these days.

It's remakes or reboots Michael Bay will direct it and there will be lots of explosions, unnecessary action sequences, and lots of pointless CGI scenes.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I did put money down just trying to hear more from people who have played it especially people who have played it for the first time as it's now in production rather than as a prototype many months ago.
I was interested in more reviews, everyone seems to love it.
I really think the production game is very nicely presented and doesn't look homebrew at all, looks very polished and stable.
I don't mean to say home brew in a bad sense more that it started out that way but quickly became very professional looking.

Just watch the most recent Dead Flip. The game is super straight forward... I think you'll get an instant feel for it. Simple rules, brutally fast.

#3491 2 years ago

I get what your feeling rai . For me, this is the first time I've done the deposit/preorder thing. I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, either. And I was a little nervous that maybe I pulled the trigger too early and got caught up in the hype. But I am grateful to Jack Danger, Scott, and the Spooky crew for the streams and transparency. This is exactly the type of game I have been wanting to add to my collection. Every stream and picture gets me more excited and secure in my decision. I hate the wait, but I am confident in the team and their product.

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I get what your feeling rai . For me, this is the first time I've done the deposit/preorder thing. I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, either. And I was a little nervous that maybe I pulled the trigger too early and got caught up in the hype. But I am grateful to Jack Danger, Scott, and the Spooky crew for the streams and transparency. This is exactly the type of game I have been wanting to add to my collection. Every stream and picture gets me more excited and secure in my decision. I hate the wait, but I am confident in the team and their product.

Me too. Especially looking at the build quality and how neat and tidy everything looks under the PF.

I've yet to hear anything bad about TNA, Except on a podcast someone said it was one flipper more prominent shots (but you can say that about a lot of games).

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've yet to hear anything bad about TNA, Except on a podcast someone said it was one flipper more prominent shots (but you can say that about a lot of games).

I am curious what flipper they thought was dominant? I find it to be very even for use of both flippers, requires lots of active play, and is important to be good at drop pass, drop catch, passive pass, back hands, and even tap passing.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am curious what flipper they thought was dominant? I find it to be very even for use of both flippers, requires lots of active play, and is important to be good at drop pass, drop catch, passive pass, back hands, and even tap passing.

It's the little midget flipper on the upper playfield, you basically use that for 3/4 of the game.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the little midget flipper on the upper playfield, you basically use that for 3/4 of the game.

lol.

the correct nomenclature is small flipper dude

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol.
the correct nomenclature is small flipper dude

Have you asked what it prefers to be called? Lets just not assume it's proper nomenclature.

#3497 2 years ago

Nuclear Tigger Flipper.

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Have you asked what it prefers to be called? Lets just not assume it's proper nomenclature.

I think it prefers Norman, or Norm.

#3499 2 years ago

Li'l Nukie.

#3500 2 years ago

Li'l Nuker!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Old Saybrook, CT
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside