Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 145.
#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was referring to TNA half a year ago when it was revealed, it did not have Spooky making it which is what you are referring to and I spelled that out fully.

Scott never had any intention of building it until he was approached by Spooky. There's no point in comparing them at that point, because Scott's game was a single game that he made for his own enjoyment that he chose to bring for the rest of us to see.

I read all of your post. I still downvoted.

#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No offense, man. I just picture Charlie and Kayte in the front seat of the car. All of you are kids in the back.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Well... Are we???

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well... Are we???

Nope. But shit starts for real after Pinball Life's open house. Until then, Charlie still has a few other games to finish up.

#3404 6 years ago

Okay, enough pointless bickering and arguing over meaningless "filler" posts made when folks were over-caffeinated this morning.

Let's get back to the game.

The pictures clearly show that they've used some technique to slightly cloud/opaque the inserts. You can still see the burst pattern in them, but it has a white haze. I assume that this is to allow them to reflect more of the LED light color, thus appearing as a more consistent color on the playfield when lit (solid round insert consistently colored). A perfectly clear insert would have a sharp point of colored light in it, and would also be fairly blinding to the player.

This is brilliant and mitigates the otherwise player-blinding nature of the bright flashing LED inserts (re: GoT)!

So, is this part of the PF painting process, the insert colors themselves (my guess), or are they maybe using a 90's Williams clearcoat formula that ends up fairly opaque vs. modern Sterns CC?

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was not saying TNA is the same as Predator, just the initial buzz was very good for both games until Predator went south. But don't forget Predator sold out with a waiting list, so initially it was not viewed the way it is now.

Predator had buzz because the word stenciled on the side of the cabinet referred to a manly R-rated movie during a time of kiddie pinball themes.

It was never a good game.

#3406 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

the company owners are buying a house after shipping 700 games instead of 0.

Let's be clear... we are FINANCING a new house, and selling the one we've lived in for the last 20 years. Figured we better do it now before I'm Bryan Kelly's age and it hurts to do ... well, anything really.

TnA's start moving faster real quick. Just waiting for the mini pc's to arrive (hoping by Friday!)

100_5522 (resized).JPG100_5522 (resized).JPG

100_5529 (resized).JPG100_5529 (resized).JPG

100_5524 (resized).JPG100_5524 (resized).JPG

100_5528 (resized).JPG100_5528 (resized).JPG

100_5519 (resized).JPG100_5519 (resized).JPG

100_5526 (resized).JPG100_5526 (resized).JPG

100_5530 (resized).JPG100_5530 (resized).JPG

#3408 6 years ago

Spooky is almost at Stern levels of announcing a game and producing it shortly after. Let's hear it for Boo-tique pinball.

#3409 6 years ago

Will there be a home version for us financially challenged?

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let's be clear... we are FINANCING a new house, and selling the one we've lived in for the last 20 years. Figured we better do it now before I'm Bryan Kelly's age and it hurts to do ... well, anything really.
TnA's start moving faster real quick. Just waiting for the mini pc's to arrive (hoping by Friday!)

Yeah....but when's mine going to be done!!

#3411 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Damn Bryan, leave the man alone. At least most are just bugging him in this thread, your showing up at his house and place of business

#3412 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

dude, you survived the splitting of the continents, the Roman empire expansion, the dark ages, the journey across the Atlantic, the invention of the horseless carriage (thanks, bangerjay)... I think you can be a little more patient than that.

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Spooky is almost at Stern levels of announcing a game and producing it shortly after. Let's hear it for Boo-tique pinball.

Hoping when Alice Cooper is fully revealed, we have some games ready to ship BEFORE we announce it. I hate making anyone wait, and I hate sitting on $ even more. Kind of a necessary thing at our level, but working crazy hard to reduce that as much as possible.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Will there be a home version for us financially challenged?

We don't want to remove a thing from Scott's original game.

This game might be more bang for the buck than anything out there. We weren't blowing smoke when we said we ate money to keep the price down on this one. It's really expensive to build, but we want as many people to get to enjoy it as possible! Scott, Spooky, and every vendor involved helped do all we can to make this something really special for those willing to give it a chance.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Your playfield is next up... your "Butter Cabinet" gets done tomorrow along with the Butter game we are taking to the Pinball Life Open House. Jeepers old man... "are we there yet, are we there yet"...

#3414 6 years ago

We don't want to remove a thing from Scott's original game.
This game might be more bang for the buck than anything out there. We weren't blowing smoke when we said we ate money to keep the price down on this one. It's really expensive to build, but we want as many people to get to enjoy it as possible! Scott, Spooky, and every vendor involved helped do all we can to make this something really special for those willing to give it a chance.

I was being silly, but since you replied.

Put it in a small cab like SMMW, make the reactor area smaller, change the total reactors to 4 instead of 9, and make the danesi lock only 1 ball (for 2 ball multiball). No screen, just the alphanumerics....boom. LOL, just for shit and grins, no need to even reply to my nonsense.

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Put it in a small cab like SMMW, make the reactor area smaller, change the total reactors to 4 instead of 9, and make the danesi lock only 1 ball (for 2 ball multiball). No screen, just the alphanumerics

that's not how cost reduction works. Making a smaller cabinet means redesigning both the cabinet and playfield layout. How do you even justify the time it takes to do that (which would likely not even reduce the cost that much), and then you create a a new problem in that I'm not sure how easy it would be to source shorter side rails (and non-standard glass).

Removing the LCD screen would eliminate about $35 in cost, eliminating 2 drop down targets would eliminate $80 retail (probably more like $50 in volume)

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's already been done and provided to you. We can only assume you forgot, which we've been told is common at your age.

Brad

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It's already been done and provided to you. We can only assume you forgot, which we've been told is common at your age.
Brad

Brad is sharp... probably because he's much younger than Bryan.

#3418 6 years ago

I'm an attempt to help fund my TNA I was gonna attempt to crowd fund by offering to send jokes about how old Bryan Kelly is for donations. Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board as the internet is already flush with those

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Can we get a list of unique items like boardset version, etc so I can buy some spare stuff if something breaks down the road....

Trying this again while relevant people are online - think it got buried by a couple people with keyboard diarrhea.

Scott

#3420 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Trying this again while relevant people are online - think it got buried by a couple people with keyboard diarrhea.

In that vein, considering it uses lots of standard Bally/Williams (compatible) parts, I would _love_ to see a complete parts list, so I can include TNA in the parts search at http://moll.no/pinball/parts/. Would that be possible, @spookycharlie?

#3421 6 years ago

Who isn't?

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

In that vein, considering it uses lots of standard Bally/Williams (compatible) parts, I would love_ to see a complete parts list, so I can include TNA in the parts search at http://moll.no/pinball/parts/. Would that be possible, spookycharlie?

All mechanical parts will be available at Pinball Life and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. When we have time to document all this for public record, we'll do our best. We're 5 games deep, and 1 email is all it takes to ever find out what ya' need if something breaks.

#3423 6 years ago

All mechanical parts will be available at Pinball Life and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. When we have time to document all this for public record, we'll do our best. We're 5 games deep, and 1 email is all it takes to ever find out what ya' need if something breaks.

I'm not worried about the mech stuff - just the boards - I'd like to have some spares - Im sure revs will change or they will move to producing a different one...

#3424 6 years ago

before I'm Bryan Kelly's age and it hurts to do ... well, anything really.

Don't be a dick, Charlie!!

Quoted from Tilt:

Damn Bryan, leave the man alone. At least most are just bugging him in this thread, your showing up at his house and place of business

Don't be a dick, Troy!!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

dude, you survived the splitting of the continents, the Roman empire expansion, the dark ages, the journey across the Atlantic, the invention of the horseless carriage (thanks, bangerjay)... I think you can be a little more patient than that.

Don't be a dick, Chris!!

Quoted from jellikit:

Brad

Don't be a dick, Brad!!

Again, don't be a dick, Charlie!!

Quoted from davijc02:

I'm an attempt to help fund my TNA I was gonna attempt to crowd fund by offering to send jokes about how old Bryan Kelly is for donations. Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board as the internet is already flush with those

Don't be a dick, whatever your name is!!

Don't be a dick, Ben!!

#3425 6 years ago

What if their name is Dick?

#3426 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't be a dick, Charlie!!

Don't be a dick, Troy!!

Don't be a dick, Chris!!

Don't be a dick, Brad!!

Again, don't be a dick, Charlie!!

Don't be a dick, Ben!!

I'll show you dick

#3427 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Trying this again while relevant people are online

It's all Multimorphic boards - P3-ROC, PD-LED, etc. The lamp boards you can get at Pinball Life.

So, I wouldn't worry about board revisions.

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What if their name is Dick?

This will have to do. Apologies to all the Richards (except one).

IMG_3468 (resized).JPGIMG_3468 (resized).JPG

#3429 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's all Multimorphic boards - P3-ROC, PD-LED, etc. The lamp boards you can get at Pinball Life.
So, I wouldn't worry about board revisions.

Yep, this. Replacement parts will be up after the first couple batches of games go out.
--Scott

#3430 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yep, this. Replacement parts will be up after the first couple batches of games go out.
--Scott

Thanks 10 years from now i don't want to pay $800 for an nos proc and be in the same boat as the pin 2000 guys now with the motherboard/processor.

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Thanks 10 years from now i don't want to pay $800 for an nos proc and be in the same boat as the pin 2000 guys now with the motherboard/processor.

Totally makes sense.

TNA uses the following P-ROC boards:
1x - P3-ROC (Rev 2)
4x - SW-16s (Rev 2)
2x - PD-16s (Rev 2)
5x - PD-LEDs (Rev 2)

The custom lamp boards and LEDs will be up on Pinball Life's website soon.

Power supplies:
48vdc Power Supply - Mean Well SE-600-48
5vdc/12vdc Power Supply - Mean Well RD-65A

Hope that helps.

--Scott

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'll show you dick

I've seen the bush. No need to see the dick, dick!!

#3433 6 years ago

Totally makes sense. You can purchase them now from pinballcontrollers.com.
1x - P3-ROC - http://pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p3-roc
4x - SW-16s - http://pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/sw-16
2x - PD-16s - http://pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/driver-boards/power-driver-16
5x - PD-LEDs - http://pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/driver-boards/pd-led
Power supplies:
Hope that helps.
--Scott

Hesus Christopher! I hope you're getting a substantial volume discount on these Scott/Spooky - impressive!

...and the underplayfield pic. is a mind blower. I'm not planning any PF swaps on this thing anytime soon...

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hesus Christopher! I hope you're getting a substantial volume discount on these Scott/Spooky - impressive!
...and the underplayfield pic. is a mind blower. I'm not planning any PF swaps on this thing anytime soon...

Keep in mind this is not a cheap build. We worked extremely hard to get the retail price where it is. Also, don't use the links I posted. New ones will be posted soon.

Thanks,
--Scott

#3435 6 years ago

Keep in mind this is not a cheap build. We worked extremely hard to get the retail price where it is. Also, don't use the links I posted. New ones will be posted soon.
Thanks,
--Scott

Perfect that's exactly what I needed. It's my background with Air Force logistics still kicking in...

#3436 6 years ago

Man you Spooky guys are impressive

Looking forward to see Alice Cooper!

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My name is Cale. This virtual meeting will have to do for now as I unfortunately can't make Expo or the pinball life open house this year.

Hopefully you've got another year in ya and I'll come formally introduce myself at one of the shows next year. I'd love to pick your brain on proper wagering on the Price is Right contestants row. I know you old folk have all the time to go over strategies.

#3438 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My name is Cale. This virtual meeting will have to do for now as I unfortunately can't make Expo or the pinball life open house this year.
Hopefully you've got another year in ya and I'll come formally introduce myself at one of the shows next year. I'd love to pick your brain on proper wagering on the Price is Right contestants row. I know you old folk have all the time to go over strategies.

He will likely be down at Texas Pinball Festival, he likes to go where it is warm and I don't think he is supposed to be near open water.

Brad

#3439 6 years ago

Totally makes sense.
1x - P3-ROC (Rev 2)
4x - SW-16s (Rev 2)
2x - PD-16s (Rev 2)
5x - PD-LEDs (Rev 2)
Power supplies:
Hope that helps.
--Scott

looks like a shopping list for my home brew. Or at least one of each. I didn't know you went with the P3 for production!

What one has the master compnents, pd-16?

#3440 6 years ago

I'm game #168. I think mine comes after #167, but it might come before #169. Hard to tell for sure.

Thanks.

#3441 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I'm game #168. I think mine comes after #167, but it might come before #169. Hard to tell for sure.
Thanks.

Right number, wrong ticket (for me)...

Brad

TNA.jpgTNA.jpg

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Thanks.

Think I've seen the number 167 somewhere...

#3443 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My name is Cale. I'd love to pick your brain on proper wagering on the Price is Right contestants row. I know you old folk have all the time to go over strategies.

Don't be a dick, Cale!!

#3444 6 years ago

e2c (resized).jpge2c (resized).jpg

#3445 6 years ago

Be a dick. I dare you.

I double dog dare you.

#3446 6 years ago

5 High Fives to the 1st to put one of these on location!!!!!

#3447 6 years ago

-1 (resized).jpg-1 (resized).jpg

#3448 6 years ago

This thread is gold.

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This thread is gold.

indeed

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This thread is gold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/69?hl=mizary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.