Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 145.
#3351 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Wait... are the legs stainless steel or black? One of the pictures above shows stainless steel. Hoping it’s black though.

Legs are gun metal gray , Bally style .

#3352 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Wait... are the legs stainless steel or black? One of the pictures above shows stainless steel. Hoping it’s black though.

Neither, Bally grey.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=670

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Does that say game #45?

I'm not sure it really even matter what it says. I would think that they wanted to make sure Joe had a game to take to the York show this weekend. He may have been bumped ahead in line, or it may be a "test" or other special game. Either way, not a big deal. We'll apparently be waiting for Whysnow to let us know they're shipping.

Great pictures, BTW.

#3354 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Legs are gun metal gray , Bally style .

Well, well, well. Spooky and Scott finally made a mistake. Not a problem for me.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-2263-2

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

We'll apparently be waiting for whysnow to let us know they're shipping.

As I understand things, there are 8? games going out to friends/ people putting them on route and distributors. On Sat at MRP Chuck told me "soon" when I asked

Seeing Joe's has arrived tells me soon is hopefully this week

#3356 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well, well, well. Spooky and Scott finally made a mistake. Not a problem for me.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-2263-2

LOL I agree, Kim. I understand the use of the grey legs on games of that era, but when I first saw it, I told Scott and Charlie the legs should be brushed stainless like the rails. They're not available, so I'll be putting chrome on mine. FWIW, the speaker panel would look great in brushed stainless also, like STLE.

#3357 6 years ago

I've watched a few videos and skimmed this topic for the most part, but still left wondering.

What do the digital readouts on the playfield represent?

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

What do the digital readouts on the playfield represent?

reactor % to over heating (in reactor area up top)

ball saver time (below flippers)

#3359 6 years ago

My thoughts/hope on the whole 'is it game #45/47' thing is this: it could just be sent early so it is at the show and "jumped the line" so to speak (although nobody would be upset because we understand they are trying to show it off and sell them). But, I'm hoping it is actually #40-something in which case there are more sitting getting packaged and ready to ship after the release party at pinball life. How cool would it be to show off TNA at the Pinball Life party and be like, "and the first 50 are going out next week!". It's a long shot...but it's something to think about.

#3360 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How cool would it be to show off TNA at the Pinball Life party and be like, "and the first 50 are going out next week!". It's a long shot...but it's something to think about.

I predicted just that about a month ago!

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

As I understand things, there are 8? games going out to friends/ people putting them on route and distributors. On Sat at MRP Chuck told me "soon" when I asked
Seeing Joe's has arrived tells me soon is hopefully this week

How about we let Charlie and Kayte take a breath now and then. I guess 12 hour days 7 days a week isn't enough?

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

How about we let Charlie and Kayte take a breath now and then. I guess 12 hour days 7 days a week isn't enough?

"Pinball is hard."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Emery

Brad

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I am not rushing them at all. Just excited and looking forward to getting the game and sharing it with others.
When it is all ready then they will call. No worries.

Stop trying to suck away the excitment old man Kelly

#3364 6 years ago

Can I get any new reviews from people who have played it recently, did it live up to expectations is it better or worse than you imagined?

Closest (comparison) to me was Predator.

What I mean Predator was a new game, new designer, exciting gameplay video, lots of buz, decent bad price, home brew or boutique pin.

Predator was different than TNA because it was licensed (falsely claimed), had no previous building experience behind it (like Spooky) there was a lot of question marks around Predator and it stalled in the pre production stage. So I don't want to relate too much with the comparison to TNA. But my point is, I never played Predator, but it was played at various shows and I believe that was where is fell down even before the production, pre-pay fiasco. I read many reviews saying it was just meh.

I just want back to refresh my memory of Predator (before the fiasco) and the game reviews were mixed to poor. At the shows people said it was constantly breaking down, ball stuck, long ball times, some said just not fun to play. And people seemed to be buying it for the theme more than anything else.

For me once IMVE was released at the same price it didn't even make sense to buy a Predator because I was not in love with the Predator theme, and I figured IMVE same price, proven production, proven rules was a much safer buy.

Opposite that TNA looks rock solid although I have not watched all the video streams, I saw one ball stuck way back on the first video (when the game didn't know a ball was locked). Everyone seems to love the gameplay, I have never heard anyone say meh about TNA. It's 100% more put together than Predator, much better art and build quality and is shipping now so no questions there.

I just like to hear more reviews of people who have played it.

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can I get any new reviews from people who have played it recently, did it live up to expectations is it better or worse than you imagined?
What I mean Predator was a new game, new designer, exciting gameplay video, lots of buz, decent bad price, home brew or boutique pin.
Predator was different than TNA because it was licensed (falsely claimed), had no previous building experience behind it (like Spooky) there was a lot of question marks around Predator and it stalled in the pre production stage. So I don't want to relate too much with the comparison to TNA. But my point is, I never played Predator, but it was played at various shows and I believe that was where is fell down even before the production, pre-pay fiasco. I read many reviews saying it was just meh.
I just want back to refresh my memory of Predator (before the fiasco) and the game reviews were mixed to poor. At the shows people said it was constantly breaking down, ball stuck, long ball times, some said just not fun to play. And people seemed to be buying it for the theme more than anything else.
For me once IMVE was released at the same price it didn't even make sense to buy a Predator because I was not in love with the Predator theme, and I figured IMVE same price, proven production, proven rules was a much safer buy.
Opposite that TNA looks rock solid although I have not watched all the video streams, I saw one ball stuck way back on the first video (when the game didn't know a ball was locked). Everyone seems to love the gameplay, I have never heard anyone say meh about TNA. It's 100% more put together than Predator, much better art and build quality and is shipping now so no questions there.

October 12th - 13th ... plenty of people will play it

#3366 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

October 12th - 13th ... plenty of people will play it

Cool, I was hoping to make it to York but as luck would have it I'm out of town this weekend.

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Game was at Mad Rolin Charity event last Saturday and played pretty much constantly from 9am till 9pm. Game played solid the whole day and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Pretty sure 2 people put down a deposit on the spot after having the shot to play it.

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game was at Mad Rolin Charity event last Saturday and played pretty much constantly from 9am till 9pm. Game played solid the whole day and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Pretty sure 2 people put down a deposit on the spot after having the shot to play it.

Do you have any audits from the event?
Ball time, game time, max reactor reached?

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wow! No offense, but in pretty much every way conceivable, this is about the FURTHEST comparison you could make.

#3370 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wow! No offense, but in pretty much every way conceivable, this is about the FURTHEST comparison you could make.

Not really the FUTRHEST by any menas lol, if you read my post, new designer (check), home brew (check), decent price (check), presented on Pinside via gameplay video (check).

I did specify that TNA is way more in that it has production (Spooky) and is shipping now. But on first announcement of TNA it was simply a playable white wood pin without any production or distribution set up.

You may be thinking of TNA toady, I am specifying saying TNA 6.5 months ago when the first DF video was shown.

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Do you have any audits from the event?
Ball time, game time, max reactor reached?

Nope. Charlie was kind enough to bring over a game for the event and it went right back with team Spooky at the end.

Luke N from MN blew it up a few times (3 plus mil) but not sure if that was all multiball or reactor or combination.

#3372 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not rushing them at all. Just excited and looking forward to getting the game and sharing it with others.
When it is all ready then they will call. No worries.
Stop trying to suck away the excitment old man Kelly

No offense, man. I just picture Charlie and Kayte in the front seat of the car. All of you are kids in the back.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

#3373 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not really the FUTRHEST by any menas lol, if you read my post, new designer (check), home brew (check), decent price (check), presented on Pinside via gameplay video (check).
I did specify that TNA is way more in that it has production (Spooky) and is shipping now. But on first announcement of TNA it was simply a playable white wood pin without any production or distribution set up.
You may be thinking of TNA toady, I am specifying saying TNA 6.5 months ago when the first DF video was shown.

Predator was a turd of a game, created by a scammer who lied to people and stole their money, as an illegally licensed theme, that never got produced.

Scott is apparently a genius pinball designer, Charlie is as trustworthy as they come, they built an unlicensed theme game, that went from whitewood to production quicker than any game I've heard of, and nobody has been scammed.

Yep, those sound the same.

Not trying to be a dick, but you pick the second most notorious game in pinball history (I'm counting Jpop's triad fiasco as a single number one) and compare it to possibly the best feel-good pinball machine development story ever. They're absolutely universes apart.

#3374 6 years ago

Mr. Kelly, that is exactly what we are. Because we are super excited! And that's a good thing. But, like Whysnow said, it's not meant to be taken as criticism, just excitement.

#3375 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No offense, man. I just picture Charlie and Kayte in the front seat of the car. All of you are kids in the back.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

well you are wrong and off base.

It is a good thing people are excited for the game, dont bag on it; embrace it.

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie and Kayte in the front seat of the car. All of you are kids in the back.

Here's another analogy. It's mid-December (we think; we don't have a calendar), and there are presents under the tree. We're a bunch of kids waiting to open them. We're talking about it among ourselves. Maybe we ARE saying "Is it time to open them yet?" repeatedly, but we're excited kids, and we're not bothering Dad and Mom.

If Charlie and Kayte choose to be in the same room as us, they will inevitably hear some of that. As long as we're not bothering them by calling or emailing, what's the harm?

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't know how they do it. I mean everyone gets tired, or at least sick once in a while. I'm guessing they push through it. Hardest working people in pinball.

#3378 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Old man Kelly is still mad that horseless carriages were invented

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Old man Kelly is still mad that horseless carriages were invented

Don't be a dick, Jay!!

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't be a dick, Jay!!

Get off my lawn!

#3381 6 years ago

Can we get a list of unique items like boardset version, etc so I can buy some spare stuff if something breaks down the road....

#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't be a dick, Jay!!

Who's there?! Who said that?

#3383 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Except for the fact it shoots well, was built by a smart person instead of a dumb baby factory redneck, and the company owners are buying a house after shipping 700 games instead of 0.

Other than that, exactly the same, yeah.

#3384 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

As long as we're not bothering them by calling or emailing, what's the harm?

THAT'S the key. But so many people can't do that. Leave them alone so they can build the games. I'm as excited as anyone. I'm #4 and getting a butter cabinet. Because of that, mine may take longer than others. I talked at length with Chuck this past weekend. He explained what's going on. I can wait.

#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I talked at length with Chuck this past weekend. He explained what's going on. I can wait.

...and because of that, you don't have to speculate on when, unlike the rest of us who aren't close friends with them.

Seriously, don't directly bug Spooky with update requests, but on here, my opinion is that talking about it is fair game.

#3386 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...and because of that, you don't have to speculate on when, unlike the rest of us who aren't close friends with them.

LOL He honestly had no idea when I'd get my game. A lot of it has to do with the cabinet maker. So much for being a close friend.

#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He honestly had no idea when I'd get my game. A lot of it has to do with the cabinet maker.

You might not have gotten a solid date, but you got an answer, which is actually information that the rest of us in this thread are interested in. It sounds like if you ordered the butter cabinet, your delivery depends a lot on when the cabinet maker can churn them out.

#3388 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LOL He honestly had no idea when I'd get my game. A lot of it has to do with the cabinet maker. So much for being a close friend.

Sure is a lot of words for "I don't know"

#3389 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Sure is a lot of words for "I don't know"

Don't be a dick, Jay!!

#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Except for the fact it shoots well, was built by a smart person instead of a dumb baby factory redneck, and the company owners are buying a house after shipping 700 games instead of 0.
Other than that, exactly the same, yeah.

7 months ago Spooky was not involved with TNA at least not openly.

I can see by all the down votes no one read my entire post.

I was referring to TNA half a year ago when it was revealed, it did not have Spooky making it which is what you are referring to and I spelled that out fully.

My entire post said my impression of Predator before the fiasco. I didn't say TNA was Predator.

Scott is far more skilled etc.. and TNA shoots well and the game doesn't lock up or get stuck balls. I said big difference was Scott has got Spooky on board and the game has overwhelming positive reviews (unlike Predator).

I was not saying TNA is the same as Predator, just the initial buzz was very good for both games until Predator went south. But don't forget Predator sold out with a waiting list, so initially it was not viewed the way it is now.

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can see by all the down votes no one read my entire post

Pinside has always been about ice cream, pitchforks and torches

#3392 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

When the fuck did we get ice cream?!

#3393 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

and the company owners are buying a house

it is well documented the Kulek's bought a house as well.
two, if you count his mothers trailer.

#3394 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

When the fuck did we get ice cream?!

Oh..I love ice cream.. Ben &Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup..yum
-Mike

#3395 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

It's getting to be like the movie/book 'Fahrenheit 451' in here.

#3396 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was referring to TNA half a year ago when it was revealed, it did not have Spooky making it which is what you are referring to and I spelled that out fully.
My entire post said my impression of Predator before the fiasco. I didn't say TNA was Predator.
Scott is far more skilled etc.. and TNA shoots well and the game doesn't lock up or get stuck balls. I said big difference was Scott has got Spooky on board and the game has overwhelming positive reviews (unlike Predator).
I was not saying TNA is the same as Predator, just the initial buzz was very good for both games until Predator went south. But don't forget Predator sold out with a waiting list, so initially it was not viewed the way it is now.

I read the entire post and down voted because using Predator seemed to just be intentionally inflammatory. I don't think the community has ever seen something like the development of TNA.

#3397 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Rai I'm not trying to be a dick. But I too haven't fully read all your posts. I have skimmed them. I understand you are super excited and cautious about spending 6k plus. It's always a sinking feeling. But a lot of your posts have been the same question, asking for justification why YOU should buy. And the same people are reading it. You have got the same response several times. Go play it and buy it if YOU like it. Spooky will be making them for a while.

I took a drive and played it again before handing my cash over. The proto shot just as good or better than the white wood. I got back to he hotel around 11:00.

If you put your down payment then it's time to wait. And be excited. It's non refundable.

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I read the entire post and down voted because using Predator seemed to just be intentionally inflammatory. I don't think the community has ever seen something like the development of TNA.

Sorry I won't say the 'P' word again.

I recall watching the early p- videos and being excited to have something other than Stern or (the much delayed JJP games) as a new option and though if p- was successful maybe other people would be making small batch pins other than the mega companies.

IMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG

#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's getting to be like the movie/book 'Fahrenheit 451' in here.

I read your entire post and downvoted it. I certainly had no authority to do that because I went to shows, played both games in their development forms and listened to what the designers had to say.

#3400 6 years ago

Ice cream!

IMG_6230 (resized).JPGIMG_6230 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.