Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 145.
#3101 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just curious: is that the same advice you gave to every single Alien pre-order?

Hell yes. I don't recommend pre-ordering anything. I've consistently said that with Alien, in public and privately to people who asked. How Heighway did business or what people chose to do weren't under my control, but the pre-order model sucks ass, and Alien is not only not an exception, it's up there with the poster children.

Honestly TNA is probably one of the safer pre-order bets, not just because Spooky has proven themselves to be trustworthy and competent when it comes to delivering games, not just because it's not really even a pre-order in the sense of "hey the game is years away but give us money to develop it", but also because the simpler nature of the title lends itself more to understanding what you're getting from videos etc.

But I've played the TNA whitewood, I didn't just order it. And I'd recommend to anyone on the fence that they play first. And I say that as someone who wants this game to succeed. If I could pick between Alien and TNA selling 1000 copies I'd pick TNA, and I get paid if the former happens.

Seriously, it would be the best news in pinball to me if that happened. I hope Alien comes out properly and does well, obviously, but I'm not a blind partisan here.

Playing games before buying them isn't crazy advice that anyone should ever question, no matter how involved in the game they might be.

#3102 6 years ago

Too bad it'll be some time before one hits Europe so I can try it. Before I buy it.

#3104 6 years ago

That'll match perfectly with the theme! Great choice!

#3105 6 years ago

"Marginal" demand, maybe...
Thanks for listening Scott!
Making folk's Sac holding dreams come true one color at a time!

How about some radioactive (GITD) sets next?

#3106 6 years ago

Perfect for my Hardbody!

#3107 6 years ago

And Future Spa!

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Perfect for my Hardbody!

Id drop my sac on that Hardbody any day!

#3109 6 years ago

Damnit Scott! I literally just ordered the stodgy old brown one yesterday! This is twice in a row I order stuff a day too early at PinballLife. Next time I'll ask if any new goodies are on the way before I place my order.

#3110 6 years ago

Not a bad price, that's got to be at least a 2 or 3 hour print job. Lot of surface area there.

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not a bad price, that's got to be at least a 2 or 3 hour print job. Lot of surface area there.

Not to mention the *4* Sacs that are included!

If you told me that one day i would be the proud owner of a Sac Rack and be already considering the purchase of a second in hot pink...well I'd probably believe you, but be really confused.

It's seriously a bargain. Go figure, TNA is a perfect example of *effective* simplicity in a game, and the same dudes change the world *again* with the simple, elegant, game-changing Sac Rack! Hot damn!

#3112 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Damnit Scott! I literally just ordered the stodgy old brown one yesterday! This is twice in a row I order stuff a day too early at PinballLife. Next time I'll ask if any new goodies are on the way before I place my order.

I'm in the same boat. But I will just have to get a pink sac at the pinball life open house.
If I pre order can I get the show specials and just pick it up?

#3113 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm in the same boat. But I will just have to get a pink sac at the pinball life open house.
If I pre order can I get the show specials and just pick it up?

Yes, of course.
Terry.

#3114 6 years ago

Oooooo the pink Sac Rack looks awesome! When the fans ask, Scott listens!

Don't get me wrong, Sacagawea is a pretty damn sweet. Everybody loves a nice Sac. But what about those of us who prefer to throw down a Commander-In-Chief instead? I mean is it acceptable to put a POTUS in a Sac Rack??? Surely you agree that this would be a crime not even the POTUS himself would pardon!

I think what's needed here is a GOLDEN POTUS PERCH! Some stars, some stripes, bald eagles, liberty bells, and freedom. Lots of freedom.

Make it happen Captain!

IMG_1371 (resized).JPGIMG_1371 (resized).JPG

#3115 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Oooooo the pink Sac Rack looks awesome! When the fans ask, Scott listens!
Don't get me wrong, Sacagawea is a pretty damn sweet. Everybody loves a nice Sac. But what about those of us who prefer to throw down a Commander-In-Chief instead? I mean is it acceptable to put a POTUS in a Sac Rack??? Surely you agree that this would be a crime not even the POTUS himself would pardon!
I think what's needed here is a GOLDEN POTUS PERCH! Some stars, some stripes, bald eagles, liberty bells, and freedom. Lots of freedom.
Make it happen Captain!

Throwing down a PP (Past President) is still acceptable.

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Throwing down a PP (Past President) is still acceptable.

I'll take anyone's pp

#3117 6 years ago

I have a question. I was at an arcade and saw a Dolly Parton pinball. I know TNA was originally built using one of these cabinets, right? Well, Dolly is a much smaller looking cabinet than most modern Stern or JJP's. Looking at the Dead Flip stream again, the TNA is sitting next to a Jetson's. The Jetson's pinball looks much taller/bigger than the TNA. So, is TNA's dimensions the same as Dolly, AMH/RZ or somewhere in between. Just curious how it will look sitting next to other modern machines.

#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have a question. I was at an arcade and saw a Dolly Parton pinball. I know TNA was originally built using one of these cabinets, right? Well, Dolly is a much smaller looking cabinet than most modern Stern or JJP's. Looking at the Dead Flip stream again, the TNA is sitting next to a Jetson's. The Jetson's pinball looks much taller/bigger than the TNA. So, is TNA's dimensions the same as Dolly, AMH/RZ or somewhere in between. Just curious how it will look sitting next to other modern machines.

TNA is in the same cabinet as the Jetsons with the exception of the playfield glass angle. It is much less steep and almost level with the playfield on TNA. This, in turn, drops the overall height of the backbox down about 4-5 inches if I remember correctly. TNA is actually the same height as an 80's Bally. It looks great in a lineup in my opinion with older and newer games. Hope that helps.
--Scott

#3119 6 years ago

Thanks, Scott! I was actually just about to edit my comment because I saw that the empty TNA cabinets stacked identical to the empty Jetson's cabinets in the background. Great job on the game...can't wait to play it!

#3120 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks, Scott! I was actually just about to edit my comment because I saw that the empty TNA cabinets stacked identical to the empty Jetson's cabinets in the background. Great job on the game...can't wait to play it!

Thank you! It's all good, it is a valid question. There are a bunch of unknowns here still since the production machine has not been to a show yet. There will be 3 iterations of the game brought to the Pinball Life Open house on October 12-13th. We will have the Whitewood, Prototype, and Production versions all next to each other. I will be there to answer questions. I actually cannot wait to see them all side by side too. Should be neat to see the progression.
--Scott

#3121 6 years ago

TNA is actually the same height as an 80's Bally. It looks great in a lineup in my opinion with older and newer games.

Cool! I've been planning to put mine next to my EBD and Fathom.

#3122 6 years ago

TNA is in the same cabinet as the Jetsons with the exception of the playfield glass angle. It is much less steep and almost level with the playfield on TNA.

It does fit a standard sheet of glass correct? (I've got a sheet of PDI in a box just waiting for this game to arrive!).

#3123 6 years ago

I wish I could make it to expo/open house, but alas...work. Please, please take a photo of all three next to each other powered up before people jump on them...that would be an awesome thing to see.

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It does fit a standard sheet of glass correct? (I've got a sheet of PDI in a box just waiting for this game to arrive!).

Yes, standard glass. That would be insane to make a machine that does not fit standard glass...

#3125 6 years ago

That would be insane to make a machine that does not fit standard glass...

magic_Girl (resized).jpgmagic_Girl (resized).jpg

#3126 6 years ago

when the production game is being moved. Please take some folded dimensions. Height of folded back box at the rear and front of backbox.
I measured the jetsons and it would not fit in my car. But a shorter cab back might fit.
Thanks.

#3127 6 years ago

TNA is in the same cabinet as the Jetsons with the exception of the playfield glass angle. It is much less steep and almost level with the playfield on TNA. This, in turn, drops the overall height of the backbox down about 4-5 inches if I remember correctly. TNA is actually the same height as an 80's Bally. It looks great in a lineup in my opinion with older and newer games. Hope that helps.
--Scott

Scott...does the addition of the beacon make the entire machine just about as tall as a standard 90s B/W game?

#3128 6 years ago

With the light show is it possible to have an under cab glow kit as an add on to match? Maybe Rock Custom can weigh in on this?

#3129 6 years ago

This, in turn, drops the overall height of the backbox down about 4-5 inches if I remember correctly. TNA is actually the same height as an 80's Bally.

Great game for people whose basements are usually too short for toppers. TNA beacon fits!

#3130 6 years ago

Looks good. Via Facebook:

IMG_5857 (resized).PNGIMG_5857 (resized).PNG

#3131 6 years ago

Photo only:

IMG_5859 (resized).JPGIMG_5859 (resized).JPG

#3132 6 years ago

looking really good!

nice job Lucas!

#3133 6 years ago

So, there are going to be two service rails crammed into that?

#3134 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Indeed. The rails will have to attach near the outside edges of the pf as well since there will be zero room under the cab for them with the bass enclosure there.

I was going to make an enclosure for my 10" sub in my MET but the service rails are already almost touching the speaker magnet now.

Exciting watching the production unit coming together!

#3135 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I was going to make an enclosure for my 10" sub in my MET but the service rails are already almost touching the speaker magnet now.

I considered it for RZ as well. Same outcome.

#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Scott said there adding service rails awhile ago so i'm sure that still the case.

Wonder when there start production looks like there getting close

#3137 6 years ago

Looks nice....are the ribbon cable connectors locked into place?? Worried about vibrations loosening them....

#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Scott said there adding service rails awhile ago so i'm sure that still the case.

The service rails will be in the game. No worries!

#3139 6 years ago

Check this out! The whitewood and prototype have now seen each other in real life!
20170912_205112 (resized).jpg20170912_205112 (resized).jpg

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I would be willing to bet that it has already started.

#3141 6 years ago

Check this out! The whitewood and prototype have now seen each other in real life!

It is going to be so awesome to see the 3 versions next to each other at the pinball life open house party .

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It is going to be so awesome to see the 3 versions next to each other at the pinball life open house party .

Are you working on the pingulps now? Link to place to purchase? Thanks!

#3143 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are you working on the pingulps now? Link to place to purchase? Thanks!

I have started the process . The pingulps I am doing for TNA will only be available at pinball life . I will post a link when ready , but it will be at least a month or so before they are up . Terry needs a decent amount in stock , and it takes me a while to do each one , so just time needed for me to get enough ready . No worries though , like the game itself the number I make will only be limeted by the demand for it ( anyone that wants one will be able to get one)

#3144 6 years ago

The service rails will be in the game. No worries!

Awesome

#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have started the process . The pingulps I am doing for TNA will only be available at pinball life . I will post a link when ready , but it will be at least a month or so before they are up . Terry needs a decent amount in stock , and it takes me a while to do each one , so just time needed for me to get enough ready . No worries though , like the game itself the number I make will only be limeted by the demand for it ( anyone that wants one will be able to get one)

I love you, Doug.

#3146 6 years ago

For those that don't have Facebook updates:

IMG_5871 (resized).PNGIMG_5871 (resized).PNG

#3147 6 years ago

This thing just keeps getting better! I feel like I really need to step up my game with getting the funds for this game. It's really looking like resistance is futile.

#3148 6 years ago

Will there be any TNAs at Expo itself, or just at the Pinball Life party?

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

For those that don't have Facebook updates:

See spooky is doing it right Easy updates unlike Homepin that claims we well screw it up if was usb lol

#3150 6 years ago

What's on the tv that looks really close to outrun style. ....something retro ...wave?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/63?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.