Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 145.
#3051 6 years ago

Damn. I think its blocked and available for open house attendees only. The link shows no product for me.

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Damn. I think its blocked and available for open house attendees only. The link shows no product for me.

It is for attendees only - sorry should have mentioned that.

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm spot 174, just got my email a few minutes ago.

about how long of a wait would that be?

#3054 6 years ago

I'm 169 and was told early 2018.

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm 169 and was told early 2018.

I hope VERY early 2018....I can't take the wait!

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Actually the whole purpose of the sub chamber is to direct the bass out of the cabinet and not rattle the entire machine. So the shaker is definitely not lost in the sound on this game. I believe the shaker is well worth the investment.

I may have misspoke here. I guess I was more just referencing that it's loud, so it's more of the "feel the sound" like at a concert. Either way, it's not a huge investment. I still think it's going to be a personal preference.

#3058 6 years ago

The question is...can you really look at your new game and be okay with that empty spot where the shaker motor should be.

#3059 6 years ago

If I were them I would run the line until orders stopped coming in. Since there is no licensee to appease, full steam ahead.

#3060 6 years ago

I think the launch party at PBL next month will get some new deposits...I for one can't wait to see it in person and get to play.

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think the launch party at PBL next month will get some new deposits...I for one can't wait to see it in person and get to play.

I expect a full report at league. Haha.

#3062 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar question for you.

What happens when you hit the no hands skillshot when the reactor has already started? Normally it start the reactor right? Will there be something else that happens? Maybe max out the reactor value?

#3063 6 years ago

Maybe it's been answered, what happens if you are critical, does the reactor ever begin to recover if you don't make the required shots in time (countdown)? Seems like that might add some more pressure.

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe it's been answered, what happens if you are critical, does the reactor ever begin to recover if you don't make the required shots in time (countdown)? Seems like that might add some more pressure.

Does the game need more pressure? I haven't seen anyone get past reactor four...seems like there is more than enough pressure already.

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the game need more pressure? I haven't seen anyone get past reactor four...seems like there is more than enough pressure already.

My question is what makes Iron-Man DOD hurry up shot such a great shot? Is it just making the shot or is it the time pressure combined with making the shot?

Could even be a menu option, tons of pins have difficulty settings people like to tinker with such as SM if one aspect is too easy or too hard I can make a menu adjustment.

You can disable post on IM if you want to make the skill shot harder. Does IM need to be harder? NO but some people prefer.

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

thenotrashcougar question for you.
What happens when you hit the no hands skillshot when the reactor has already started? Normally it start the reactor right? Will there be something else that happens? Maybe max out the reactor value?

It will fill the grid and give you a reactor jackpot which is 1/2 your reactor current value.

#3067 6 years ago

I have not added in the ability for a reactor to cool back down when it is started. It should never be able to recover from being critical. I think it may be very hard if this started cooling so I never added it. Not in the cards for initial release, but I will consider it later on.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I have not added in the ability for a reactor to cool back down when it is started. It should never be able to recover from being critical. I think it may be very hard if this started cooling so I never added it. Not in the cards for initial release, but I will consider it later on.

Difficulty setting in the adjustments perhaps?

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Difficulty setting in the adjustments perhaps?

Beat the wizard mode and reactors start cooling the second time around.

#3070 6 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Beat the wizard mode ...the second time around.

Pretty sure that's not how this works...

#3072 6 years ago

The drop target jackpot also does give you a shot with some time pressure.

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The drop target jackpot also does give you a shot with some time pressure.

Indeed it does.

#3074 6 years ago

So Scott, when are you officially announcing your Presidential campaign for 2020?

#3075 6 years ago

Underside of the play field for those who aren't on Facebook. It's so beautiful.

21430184_1546589208735634_8764832308340457007_n (resized).jpg21430184_1546589208735634_8764832308340457007_n (resized).jpg

21272358_1546589185402303_47077475516634344_n (resized).jpg21272358_1546589185402303_47077475516634344_n (resized).jpg

#3076 6 years ago

Assembling a production prototype. Note that it'll all be clean and tidy after!

21272494_1546589222068966_30273683997830636_n (resized).jpg21272494_1546589222068966_30273683997830636_n (resized).jpg
21430184_1546589208735634_8764832308340457007_n (resized).jpg21430184_1546589208735634_8764832308340457007_n (resized).jpg
21272358_1546589185402303_47077475516634344_n (resized).jpg21272358_1546589185402303_47077475516634344_n (resized).jpg

#3077 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Beat you by seconds.

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Underside of the play field for those who aren't on Facebook. It's so beautiful.

Let's hope I never need to do a playfield swap!

#3079 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Let's hope I never need to do a playfield swap!

No worries, all the LEDs are plug and play and documented.

#3080 6 years ago

looks GREAT!!!

#3081 6 years ago

Same flipper coils as my STTNG! Now you're playing with Power!

EDIT: I almost forgot - holy friggin' ribbon cables!

#3082 6 years ago

Sweet. Here was my idea along those lines from a few weeks/pages back:

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is there any rule where if you futz (or flail around) too long after lighting the blow up the reactor shot that the shot unlights as the reactor starts to cool down (begins dropping back down from 99) and you have to build it up again to relight the shot?

I could see that being a cool mechanic for later reactors (with special lighting and music cues) to add extra tension. Repurpose the ball save timer to count down when only ten seconds or whatever remains before cooldown (and change the font color to indicate it's not ball save).

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Awesome.
This looks very solid.
Quality this is.

#3084 6 years ago

I might buy this pin just to get a new set of wire cutters--look better than mine!

#3085 6 years ago

wow, that's an ass ton of ribbon cable. pretty cool.

#3086 6 years ago

KAPOOHYA!

20170907_192848 (resized).jpg20170907_192848 (resized).jpg

#3087 6 years ago

I'm still on the fence with TNA. I need to find out a bit more about it before I commit... it's very tempting though...

#3088 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm still on the fence with TNA. I need to find out a bit more about it before I commit... it's very tempting though...

Play it first. I know it's a weird and wacky concept on this here Pinside website thingy, but trying a game to see if you like it before spending thousands of dollars is actually a pretty neat idea!

If you list your location people near you might even invite you over to play their's, you never know.

#3089 6 years ago

Just make sure you have money to spend when you play it because...

acb (resized).jpgacb (resized).jpg

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Play it first. I know it's a weird and wacky concept on this here Pinside website thingy, but trying a game to see if you like it before spending thousands of dollars is actually a pretty neat idea!
If you list your location people near you might even invite you over to play their's, you never know.

In the last 20yrs I've only purchased 3 machines before playing them: TronLE, HulkLE and Predator... So 1 hit 1 miss & 1 disaster. They rest I've always played first.

As for as location goes, I can't stand any of the pinsiders in my area so I won't be playing one at their place.

#3091 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious: is that the same advice you gave to every single Alien pre-order?

The sarcasm of your remark is fairly evident... but the vast majority of people on Pinside aren't idiots. There's a handful of controversial hyper posters that behave like idiots - you know, the ones that grandstand and like to try and shout louder than others - but the majority of the rest of us aren't stupid.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

In the last 20yrs I've only purchased 3 machines before playing them: TronLE, HulkLE and Predator... So 1 hit 1 miss & 1 disaster. They rest I've always played first.
As for as location goes, I can't stand any of the pinsiders in my area so I won't be playing one at their place.

come up and visit me! I should have mine sooner rather than later.

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Quoted from Aurich:

That's what's so great about TNA

Had this been MG or RZ with a low limited number and people thought they had to buy it before it sells out. But with TNA and how the production is open ended and how it's being built slowly over many months it's more likely to be able to play it before buying.

I did order before TNA before playing it, but I believe it's very unlikely to disappoint me.

I bought Tron before I had played it and have not regretted it. Only other pin I bought before playing was XMLE so I'm batting .500

#3094 6 years ago

I know nuclear power plants don't blow up so much as melt down.

But I love a good mushroom cloud.

Fun fact back in the day you were allowed to view nuclear bomb testing near Las Vegas, you all thought an eclipse was fun, can you imagine a nuclear bomb test?

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2014/08/atomic-tests-were-a-tourist-draw-in-1950s-las-vegas/375802/

IMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3294 (resized).JPGIMG_3294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPG

#3095 6 years ago

I put a deposit down without buying as well. I'll admit...I got caught up in the hype. At times I am nervous about it. But I've watched the streams of both whitewood and proto many times so I think I have a good feel on the game. I need a game with shorter ball times in my collection so this will fit nicely. The encouraging part is that it seems to be pretty well liked by all types of players (casual, pro, and collectors). I'm also looking for a game that encourages multiplayer action. I think it will be a hit for me, my family, and my kids' friends will be drawn to the lights and sounds. And if it doesn't click with us...I think it will be game that will sell easily on the secondary market (at least in the short term). But I'm hoping it is everything I want it to be and will be a keeper for a long, long time. I really like that you can set Total Annihilation to whatever reactor you want. That way I can set it low (like on 3rd reactor) and then increase it as our family's skills improve to keep it challenging. Will I ever get to the 9nth...umm....one can dream, right?!?

#3096 6 years ago

The danesilock makes me think of two tie fighters on that shirt...

lock (resized).jpglock (resized).jpg

#3097 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I put a deposit down without buying as well. I'll admit...I got caught up in the hype. At times I am nervous about it. But I've watched the streams of both whitewood and proto many times so I think I have a good feel on the game. I need a game with shorter ball times in my collection so this will fit nicely. The encouraging part is that it seems to be pretty well liked by all types of players (casual, pro, and collectors). I'm also looking for a game that encourages multiplayer action. I think it will be a hit for me, my family, and my kids' friends will be drawn to the lights and sounds. And if it doesn't click with us...I think it will be game that will sell easily on the secondary market (at least in the short term). But I'm hoping it is everything I want it to be and will be a keeper for a long, long time. I really like that you can set Total Annihilation to whatever reactor you want. That way I can set it low (like on 3rd reactor) and then increase it as our family's skills improve to keep it challenging. Will I ever get to the 9nth...umm....one can dream, right?!?

I haven't played it yet so take this as you will but I think this game will truly shine in a multi-game collection. As your only game it might not but the uniqueness of TNA really separates it from almost anything you can buy NIB today. I bought in right away as it is a big departure from my other machines and the theme embodies my interests wholly.

#3098 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I think this game will truly shine in a multi-game collection

I totally agree. I will be replacing my F14 Tomcat with TNA. I think it will be a great addition as it has shorter ball times compared to LOTR and Hobbit. Will still have that retro feel of the Tomcat, but great light show and LCD to sit nicely next to the Hobbit and will attract friends who are new to pinball. Plus I love the theme and unique character to the game. Plus the history and story of how it came into production adds to the magic of the game. It will instantly be a conversation piece. Plus, if the comments are true, I will smile every time my wife yells for me to "turn that music down!"

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I totally agree. I will be replacing my F14 Tomcat with TNA. I think it will be a great addition as it has shorter ball times compared to LOTR and Hobbit. Will still have that retro feel of the Tomcat, but great light show and LCD to sit nicely next to the Hobbit and will attract friends who are new to pinball. Plus I love the theme and unique character to the game. Plus the history and story of how it came into production adds to the magic of the game. It will instantly be a conversation piece. Plus, if the comments are true, I will smile every time my wife yells for me to "turn that music down!"

This game thumps. Some of the best music and sound in pinball.

#3100 6 years ago

I've purchased many games without playing with no regrets. I don't want to 'ruin' the experience by playing the game first. I may be in the minority, but to me, it's part of the fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/62?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.