Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 145.
#3001 6 years ago

Sac Rack in the house waiting for my TNA!

IMG_6298 (resized).JPGIMG_6298 (resized).JPG

#3002 6 years ago

Sorry, what is a sac rack? And why are these popular/being discussed all of a sudden?

#3004 6 years ago

I talked to Nic of The Pinball Company a few weeks ago and as I understood it The Jetsons will be ordered in batches of 100 games. The first batch is currently being build, when those games are gone TPC may order a new batch.

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I talked to Nic of The Pinball Company a few weeks ago and as I understood it The Jetsons will be ordered in batches of 100 games. The first batch is currently being build, when those games are gone TPC may order a new batch.

Charlie also talked briefly about this in The Jetsons stream, and he mentioned 100 built at a time with a max of 300.

#3006 6 years ago

I only asked because someone (I don't know) told me that the Pinball Co. told them it was going to be limited to 100.

Obviously, that person may have misunderstood. But was wondering if anyone had heard the same.

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Present and accounted for.

sacrack (resized).jpgsacrack (resized).jpg

Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, what is a sac rack? And why are these popular/being discussed all of a sudden?

It's just a fun thing to kid around with. You use it to play dollar bet games against your friends, everyone puts a dollar coin in the rack and winner takes them. I like the idea and I jumped on the hype train a little because it's something positive and fun to spread around.

#3008 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Fake News!
look it up limit of 300 said so on Pinball News etc.

Nope, real news despite what FOx has told you again.

Contracted run of at least 100 games. Maximum ever is 300.

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's just a fun thing to kid around with. You use it to play dollar bet games against your friends, everyone puts a dollar coin in the rack and winner takes them. I like the idea and I jumped on the hype train a little because it's something positive and fun to spread around.

Is this something that's been around for a while? Can you get them in different colors, or just the gold one? I like the sound of this.

#3011 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

All I see are bare feet

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is Jetsons fun, it looked a little stale from the video I saw.

It's not bad. To me it feels like a very generic pinball machine. There is no wow factor, but it would probably be a good choice for a family machine.

#3013 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's not bad. To me it feels like a very generic pinball machine. There is no wow factor, but it would probably be a good choice for a family machine.

They layout is super similar to BSD, no?

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it's a great idea. I may order one also. Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

They layout is super similar to BSD, no?

The left ramp reminds me of BSD, but other then that it doesn't really feel like a BSD. I guess the center targets are similar too, but again I don't really think most would think they play the similarly. Even if they were priced the same I'd still choose BSD over Jetsons. I think Jetsons will go to many first time owners and hardcore Jetson fans.

#3016 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it's a great idea. I may order one also. Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

Yes

Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this something that's been around for a while? Can you get them in different colors, or just the gold one? I like the sound of this.

Golden brown and electric pink coming soon.

#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

Yeah. Someone could potentially come up with their own design and print it, but it's just as easy to support Pinball Life and Scott by spending the money for theirs.

#3018 6 years ago

Have they posted when shipping will start on TNA?
The last stream I watch had cabs all over the place at Spooky.
Cant wait to play a completed version.

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah feel free to ignore that garbage I posted.

Whatever. Being smart is cool.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So, the plan is you just go to the bank and get some rolls of dollar coins and then sell them to your friends when they come over? Surely not everyone brings their own Sac coins?

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, the plan is you just go to the bank and get some rolls of dollar coins and then sell them to your friends when they come over? Surely not everyone brings their own Sac coins?

Yep

#3022 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's catching on.

#3023 6 years ago

You can have a supply and have guests cash out at the end. You could use tokens too.

#3024 6 years ago

We do all actually bring our own dollar coins; either Sacs or Slutty Sues. Throwing out a Slutly Sue always raises an eyebrow though.

#3025 6 years ago

I'm more of a Golden Zach man, aka "Old Rough and Ready."

Golden ZachGolden Zach

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Paid my deposit yesterday afternoon. Should arrive on Monday via FedEx. Interested in finding out what number/batch I'm in. Will report back.

I can't imagine not having one of these at some point. It's looks soooo awesome! I look forward to playing your game.

#3027 6 years ago

Ugh, the slutty Sues

IMG_9701 (resized).JPGIMG_9701 (resized).JPG

#3028 6 years ago

I'd like to explain why I am buying TNA (instead of an established pin like AFM).

First have not had the good fortune of playing TNA but love what I've seen.

I have not heard any bad reviews of TNA and that's a big part. I have only bought two pins without first playing them. (most of my pins, I have played several times before buying).

XMLE bought before any reviews or any play testing or videos etc. this was my first NIB pin and I was so-so with the results, overall the pin was ok but not as good as I had hoped.

My second NIB pin also I had never played, this time it was Tron and I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos and talked to people who owned it. I had a good feeling about Tron and in spite of never playing it, and it was on my first play and still is one of my all time favorite pins.

TNA gives me the feeling that I will love the gameplay, and I feel like it is a nicely different than my other pins both rules and layout.

I am sucker for a good light show and that was the first thing that I was attracted to even when it was a white wood. The art (not a huge fan initially) has grown on me. The music (not a huge fan initially) has also grown on me.

Most people who have played it have said it is really fun and that's the main thing I am about when buying a pinball machine. Plus I think it has been awarded best in show over some more pedigree games which tells me it's not only a pretty light show.

I think the quality and build will be good to great. I don't know why exactly, but from listening to Scott on several interviews how he fought to keep the expensive parts rather than cutting the cost down to make some specific price target or profit margin, and just looking at the gameplay footage it doesn't seem to be cheaply made at all.

I like the fact that the code appears well evolved and aside from ball search (while the ball was in the lock on the early prototype) it seems to be solid.

I am electing to buy TNA rather than AFM for example because it's so new and unique and while AFM is awesome it's also something that I've played for the past 13 years from time to time and doesn't bring a lot new to the table and I do have other ramp and orbit type pins that can substitute for AFM (such as Met or IM or AcDc and even SM).

Anyway, for those who have played it and are buying it or not can you say what made you decide? To me, it looks like it has a chance to be a very special game and while not cheap, it seems like it's correctly priced, and simple (layout) that does not mean it's a bare bones pin and a lot of time/money is evident below the surface (more than meets the eye) and is probably evident while playing that this pins has more going on that the moving parts and lack of toys would seem to suggest.

PS Scott, Charley and company seem very motivated both passionate but also skilled and put a lot on the line to make this successful. It does not appear to me that profit is the main motivation behind TNA.

#3029 6 years ago

i would buy one when available.
no more preorders for me ever. even if i have to wait a couple of years or get a nice huo. seems to be a very cool pin,
i hope it really lives up to the reviews. (i wont use the word hype in this case)

#3030 6 years ago

Great post @rai. Three things sealed the decision for me....

ONE:
This is the closest thing to a home-run that I've seen in a long while. Music, art, light-show, gameplay. It's got that wow factor, that sheen on it, that bling, without a major license behind it. Yes, completely subjective, but this all did it for me.

TWO:
I love the fact that you can understand and explain how to play the game in 5 minutes max. Remember the poker-craze back in the day, when everyone was fascinated with hold-em? Everyone wanted to play. Why? Because it was easy to learn, yet tough to master. That's how I look at TNA. I can have my non-pinhead buddies over, and show them how to play without busting out a rulebook.

THREE:
When Scott went on the C2C Pinball Podcast and vowed this game would ship with 1.0 code, I respected that. I want this to be the norm. I want this to be the standard moving forward, just like it is for other tech products. And so I chose to support that. I work in the tech industry, in product development to be honest, and I still don't understand how in pinball, it's ok to ship with non GM-software. We're talking code that isn't even BETA level. In order for it to be BETA level, that code would have to be at least feature complete... and it's not many times. That's like spending $4k on a Macbook Pro, only to boot it up and find out that the operating system it is running still doesn't have wireless networking enabled because it's still in development.

Anyways, patiently waiting for the next announcement/update from the good folks at Spooky....

Quoted from rai:

I'd like to explain why I am buying TNA (instead of an established pin like AFM).
First have not had the good fortune of playing TNA but love what I've seen.
I have not heard any bad reviews of TNA and that's a big part. I have only bought two pins without first playing them. (most of my pins, I have played several times before buying).
XMLE bought before any reviews or any play testing or videos etc. this was my first NIB pin and I was so-so with the results, overall the pin was ok but not as good as I had hoped.
My second NIB pin also I had never played, this time it was Tron and I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos and talked to people who owned it. I had a good feeling about Tron and in spite of never playing it, and it was on my first play and still is one of my all time favorite pins.
TNA gives me the feeling that I will love the gameplay, and I feel like it is a nicely different than my other pins both rules and layout.
I am sucker for a good light show and that was the first thing that I was attracted to even when it was a white wood. The art (not a huge fan initially) has grown on me. The music (not a huge fan initially) has also grown on me.
Most people who have played it have said it is really fun and that's the main thing I am about when buying a pinball machine. Plus I think it has been awarded best in show over some more pedigree games which tells me it's not only a pretty light show.
I think the quality and build will be good to great. I don't know why exactly, but from listening to Scott on several interviews how he fought to keep the expensive parts rather than cutting the cost down to make some specific price target or profit margin, and just looking at the gameplay footage it doesn't seem to be cheaply made at all.
I like the fact that the code appears well evolved and aside from ball search (while the ball was in the lock on the early prototype) it seems to be solid.
I am electing to buy TNA rather than AFM for example because it's so new and unique and while AFM is awesome it's also something that I've played for the past 13 years from time to time and doesn't bring a lot new to the table and I do have other ramp and orbit type pins that can substitute for AFM (such as Met or IM or AcDc and even SM).
Anyway, for those who have played it and are buying it or not can you say what made you decide? To me, it looks like it has a chance to be a very special game and while not cheap, it seems like it's correctly priced, and simple (layout) that does not mean it's a bare bones pin and a lot of time/money is evident below the surface (more than meets the eye) and is probably evident while playing that this pins has more going on that the moving parts and lack of toys would seem to suggest.
PS Scott, Charley and company seem very motivated both passionate but also skilled and put a lot on the line to make this successful. It does not appear to me that profit is the main motivation behind TNA.

#3031 6 years ago

- regarding rules I was over a buddy's house he had a little cheat sheet to help him with GOT he needed to consult while playing.

I've owned AcDc for 4 years and still don't understand the 'note shots'.

I know Kaneda is not well liked here but his interview with Scott he described how video games play. Donkey Kong etc which is a simple set of moves and rules but get harder as you advance. To me reminds me of Pac-Man when I was a kid sure it's basic rules but great fun only pinball adds a layer of physical and randomness you can't get from a video game.

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wont use the word hype in this case

but you did.

Quoted from robotron:

i hope it really lives up to the reviews.

where did you find genuine reviews for this game? did you consider any of them comprehensive in-depth reviews?

#3033 6 years ago

Good analogy with DK and Pac Man. Makes sense.

Yeah, it has taken awhile for GOT to click with me. As much as I love the complexity of it, trying to teach my wife or my non-pinhead friends the subtleties and rules of that game would probably bore them to death. Which is why I think pairing it with TNA is a nice combo in my small game-room at home.

#3034 6 years ago

is there a view on when the machines will start going into production?

#3035 6 years ago

For me, I'd been wanting to support Spooky for a long time but they had not had a game that just called out to me. TNA really called out to me. The music, sound system, light show, speed, and neat ideas like the ball save on the outlanes really won me over. Funny enough, I dig the theme!

I'm a monster fan of Quicksilver (possibly my favorite game when company is over). This game constantly being referred to as Quicksilver on Steriods certainly helped.

Also, who doesn't want a game promoted by bangerjay in the neon green hammock?

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For me, I'd been wanting to support Spooky for a long time but they had not had a game that just called out to me. TNA really called out to me. The music, sound system, light show, speed, and neat ideas like the ball save on the outlanes really won me over. Funny enough, I dig the theme!
I'm a monster fan of Quicksilver (possibly my favorite game when company is over). This game constantly being referred to as Quicksilver on Steriods certainly helped.
Also, who doesn't want a game promoted by bangerjay in the neon green hammock?

Did you buy one?

#3038 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Paid the 1k deposit on Friday.

High five! It feels good to be in on a HAPPY pre-order again finally!

And I'm right there with you in wanting to support a worthy pinball manufacturer such as Spooky. That and how TNA is just too damn unique and wild to pass up!

#3039 6 years ago

For those that have played with a shaker motor installed, would it be a worthwhile upgrade or does the sub chamber and sound overpower it?

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For those that have played with a shaker motor installed, would it be a worthwhile upgrade or does the sub chamber and sound overpower it?

I've heard it's a worthy upgrade

#3041 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Sale item at PBL during expo

#3042 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think this is totally personal. I think the sound in this case almost makes up for it not having a shaker motor. I think you will feel the game either way; so I'd probably hold off on the factory install and put that money towards saving up for an Alice Cooper . If you decide you really want it, you can always add it in later.

#3043 6 years ago

I'm spot 174, just got my email a few minutes ago.

#3044 6 years ago

I wonder at what point Spooky will shelve production of the game? Charlie said they'd run it as long as there was interest. But it can't be forever open ended... can it?

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wonder at what point Spooky will shelve production of the game? Charlie said they'd run it as long as there was interest. But it can't be forever open ended... can it?

They said they would do a last call (at some point when they were completing the original orders) and then shut it down.

#3046 6 years ago

Its exciting to see such a strong response. I'm guessing this goes a long way to firming up long term projects overall for Spooky. It ensures there's product in the line for quite a way out. Making sure you have staff and can even plan to grow staff based on how well you can manage the multiple lines over time.

Always impressed with the growth plan Spooky seems to have in place. These are great first steps and reflect a good common sense approach to building a solid company.

I imagine that word of mouth, competition play, and even routing of these will set more orders well beyond these first runs.

Great work. I can't wait to see one of these live. I hope when I'm finally ready for a NIB these are still available.

#3047 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Sale item at PBL during expo

I was pleasantly surprised to see that on the list. Might have to lean more towards getting than not at this point

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Its exciting to see such a strong response. I'm guessing this goes a long way to firming up long term projects overall for Spooky. It ensures there's product in the line for quite a way out. Making sure you have staff and can even plan to grow staff based on how well you can manage the multiple lines over time.
Always impressed with the growth plan Spooky seems to have in place. These are great first steps and reflect a good common sense approach to building a solid company.
I imagine that word of mouth, competition play, and even routing of these will set more orders well beyond these first runs.
Great work. I can't wait to see one of these live. I hope when I'm finally ready for a NIB these are still available.

Any chance you can post a link to this sale listing for the shaker motor?

#3050 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Quoted from lpeters82:

I think the sound in this case almost makes up for it not having a shaker motor. I think you will feel the game either way;

Actually the whole purpose of the sub chamber is to direct the bass out of the cabinet and not rattle the entire machine. So the shaker is definitely not lost in the sound on this game. I believe the shaker is well worth the investment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.