Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 145.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Wait for underside pics until we make a production sample. My prototype is not zip tied correctly. I can tell you there will be 2 high quality service rails included on the game from the factory.
--Scott

yay side rails

#2953 2 years ago

Wait for underside pics until we make a production sample. My prototype is not zip tied correctly. I can tell you there will be 2 high quality service rails included on the game from the factory.
--Scott

You spoil us!

#2954 2 years ago

I had to order one of these. I could 3D print a lame one, but this is the official real deal

Do we get a certificate of authenticity? Is every model the LE?

I might as well make a sac rack a permanent fixture on Spaceballs.

#2955 2 years ago

Super limited supply!

C'mon Scott, just go for the gusto and make some translucent neon flavors for the TNA loyalists!
Trilogy and I are in for the magenta spool I posted from page 58, but I'd be happy with a neon blue, purple, or orange if more people wanted those instead.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

C'mon Scott, just go for the gusto and make some translucent neon flavors for the TNA loyalists!
Trilogy and I are in for the magenta spool I posted from page 58, but I'd be happy with a neon blue, purple, or orange if more people wanted those instead.

I'd buy another in neon or translucent.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I would be in for magenta as well!!

#2958 2 years ago

Sac racks are back up again. For now, we are going to keep them brown, but feel free to paint them to your liking!
--Scott

#2959 2 years ago

Sac racks are back up again. For now, we are going to keep them brown, but feel free to paint them to your liking!
--Scott

Is it true they are all personally signed by Scott Danesi and feature a custom message from him as well?

Brad

#2960 2 years ago

I may have to recant my statement about being out on the sacfest that I made earlier. Very cool!

#2961 2 years ago

For now, we are going to keep them brown

Hope you reconsider! I get it matches a brown canoe, but a neon pink/purple/blue color for TNA would be the bee's knees. You know people will buy them

#2962 2 years ago

I'm gonna turn my 4 sacs into 400. You guys better watch out

(Not really, I'm terrible at pinball)

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm gonna turn my 4 sacs into 400. You guys better watch out
(Not really, I'm terrible at pinball)

Bring your sac rack to SFGE 2018 and I will challenge you!

#2964 2 years ago

Bring your sac rack to SFGE 2018 and I will challenge you!

Consider it done, glad you are coming back to SFGE!

#2965 2 years ago

Maybe a sac rack comes with the game

#2966 2 years ago

Plastic protectors...worth it? I have never placed them on my games except to protect Arwin on LOTR. Necessary on TNA for HUO?

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Plastic protectors...worth it? I have never placed them on my games except to protect Arwin on LOTR. Necessary on TNA for HUO?

I've been putting them on all my games...but then again, I've only been in the hobby since early this year.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I would say yes. $35 (installed) for protectors is cheaper than replacing a broken printed plastic.

#2969 2 years ago

They can't hurt, and plastics break on every game.

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How much will replacement plastics be? More than $35?

As mine is going on location it's a no-brainer to add the protectors, plus, I actually prefer the look of them with the clear edge extending slightly out from all sides of each plastic.

...one could argue that they should be included if they are recommended so heavily, but I guess the free sac rack with every game, and Scott's signature under the clear on every playfield is plenty of additional freebies already!

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

100% YES

This game is fast, multiball action, and plastics are in close enough striking range.

#2972 2 years ago

The biggest key to protecting your plastics is to leave them a little loose. When you crank down on them so hard that they are so tight that they can't move is why you see so many broken plastics. With a little give, they can move and absorb a blow way better.

#2973 2 years ago

A Danesi signature under the clear on the PF would be bomb. How do I get in on this?

#2974 2 years ago

I think I have been convinced. Especially since only $35. Also would love the Danesi signature...if that's possible.

#2975 2 years ago

Anyone know if a SAC is the same size as a Canadian looney? I.e. Will the sac rack hold loonies properly?

#2976 2 years ago

A sac Susan b and gold president coin all have the same diameter and electronic properties. So as far as coin mechs go they are interchangeable.

A sac appears to measure 26.5 mm without getting he good caliper out.

Left to right.
President coin.
Sac
Susan b
Quarter
.9 token.

According to Wikipedia loonies and sac are the same diameter but the sac is thicker.

IMG_6094 (resized).JPG

#2977 2 years ago

Thx, so loonies and sacs need diff coin mechs? Does the mech consider thickness?

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Thx, so loonies and sacs need diff coin mechs? Does the mech consider thickness?

I keep a bunch of coins around for testing and adjusting mechs.
The coin mech validates based on size weight and magnetic value. You may be able to adjust a quarter mech but for a commercial setup use a real mech.
I beleive you will also need the coin slot plastic too. Not hard to replace. Would allow the larger coin.
Since happs makes the doors why not email them? I'm sure they will tell you every thing to order from their site for the conversion.

A quick google search found this.
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/42-3066-101

#2979 2 years ago

Since I've been looking into TNA I've been hearing this term "dollar game." And what's the purpose of a sac rack?

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Since I've been looking into TNA I've been hearing this term "dollar game." And what's the purpose of a sac rack?

pg. 58

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Typically a four player game. All four toss a buck on the glass and the winn takes the four bucks.

Sac rack is for holding four sacajawea dollar coins. A slick way to hold the money on the game.

#2982 2 years ago

Playing with sacs popularized by trilogybeer

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

It's a great idea. Brings the feel of there actually being some cool bonus to winning, but keeping it cheap so nobody gets upset if they have a bad night.

When we play cards it's the same thing. Even if you lose all night you only lose $20 or so. That's a bonus for me, because in addition to being terrible at pinball I'm also terrible at poker.

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I may have this wrong, but it was because he was so liquored up when playing, that when he was playing dollar games he was accidentally putting down $10 bills instead of $1, so he moved to the the Sacs.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I may have this wrong, but it was because he was so liquored up when playing, that when he was playing dollar games he was accidentally putting down $10 bills instead of $1, so he moved to the the Sacs.

Winner needs to take a shot, so things even up throughout the night.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Winner needs to take a shot, so things even up throughout the night.

making a note for my next pinball party lol

#2987 2 years ago

Whoops, I guess I misunderstood--now I'm gonna have to find a use for these...

5ed7fc235701b9abef802d8015fd860c (resized).jpg

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Typically a four player game. All four toss a buck on the glass and the winn takes the four bucks.
Sac rack is for holding four sacajawea dollar coins. A slick way to hold the money on the game.

Really, it is just an American version of the popular Canadian LTD (loonie throw down). Does that make it an STD?

#2989 2 years ago

Out for a beer and... goddammit scott what did you do!?

IMG_6111 (resized).JPG

#2990 2 years ago

Paid my deposit yesterday afternoon. Should arrive on Monday via FedEx. Interested in finding out what number/batch I'm in. Will report back.

#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Out for a beer and... goddammit scott what did you do!?

Holy crap, if you are on an island with 9 nuclear reactors on it, please get out of there ASAP!

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Paid my deposit yesterday afternoon. Should arrive on Monday via FedEx. Interested in finding out what number/batch I'm in. Will report back.

Outstanding choice

My check arrived Thursday... I was #169 so you should still hopefully be in the 4th batch. I was told early 2018, ug can't wait!

#2993 2 years ago

A little off topic. But trying to gauge what's going on at the Spooky shop: is it true that the Jetsons has been reduced from a run of 300 to a run of 100?

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

A little off topic. But trying to gauge what's going on at the Spooky shop: is it true that the Jetsons has been reduced from a run of 300 to a run of 100?

Wouldn't doubt it, but probably they're not making any announcement that'd be like Stern saying they're only going to make 100 WWE LEs it may not be good for business to say if the game is not selling.

#2995 2 years ago

I thought Jetsons was always a run of 100, but perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I thought Jetsons was always a run of 100, but perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

Jetsons was always a contracted run of 100.

#2998 2 years ago

Is Jetsons fun, it looked a little stale from the video I saw.

#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jetsons was always a contracted run of 100.

Fake News!

look it up limit of 300 said so on Pinball News etc.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Outstanding choice
My check arrived Thursday... I was #169 so you should still hopefully be in the 4th batch. I was told early 2018, ug can't wait!

Thank you! And good! Early 2018 will be great for me. I'm pretty excited.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside