Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.
#201 7 years ago

Really hope this game gets made. Destroying 9 reactors for total annihilation sounds epic!

#203 7 years ago

NoTrashCougar and banger jay in a wheelchair about to see Spooky Pinball movie

IMG_1180 (resized).JPGIMG_1180 (resized).JPG

#204 7 years ago

I sprained my ankle pretty bad, day one

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

NoTrashCougar and banger jay in a wheelchair about to see Spooky Pinball movie

Yancy and Paul motherf#ckin' Reno in that photo as well .

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yancy and Paul motherf#ckin' Reno in that photo as well .

I think you missed LonghornEngineer and benheck 's arm?!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I think you missed longhornengineer and benheck 's arm?!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I didn't miss them , I was waiting for you to mention them .

#208 7 years ago

A star is born

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#209 7 years ago

Scott, please bring this TA to the NW Pinball Show in June! I can help with logistics!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#210 7 years ago

Nice to see Scott opening it and showing the underside of the playfield . Maybe it will give some perspective on how complex this "simple"game is . Looks as though Total Annihilation had a good showing at TPF . Scott Danesi is awesome!

#213 7 years ago

I had sooooo much fun with this game, if production did happen... that sound system needs to be in it!!!

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Scott, please bring this TA to the NW Pinball Show in June! I can help with logistics!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Please! If this was at the NW show it would be so badass.
I really want to see this game in person as I am just getting into making homebrew games and also because I think it looks like a ton of fun to play.

Scott, you rock man!

#215 7 years ago

I am starting to put some money aside just in case this game goes into production . Something in my collection will have to go also , tough choice which one to get rid of but easy choice to add Total Annihilation if it happens.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am starting to put some money aside just in case this game goes into production .

+1

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I really want to see this game in person as I am just getting into making homebrew games and also because I think it looks like a ton of fun to play.
Scott, you rock man!

Maybe we can pass the hat and pool some gas money and get Scott and Team Spooky to carpool!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

The replayability of this game is off the charts. We would have been happy playing TA all night long and nothing else.

#219 7 years ago

I played Houdini, Dialed In, Alien and Batman 66 for this first time at TPF.

Total Annihilation was my favorite new game. Can't wait to see what Scott comes up with for the art package.

20170326_111554 (resized).jpg20170326_111554 (resized).jpg20170326_111553 (resized).jpg20170326_111553 (resized).jpg20170324_202701 (resized).jpg20170324_202701 (resized).jpg

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Maybe we can pass the hat and pool some gas money and get Scott and Team Spooky to carpool!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Spooky is coming to SFGE that weekend.

Scott, you should ride with Spooky and bring TA. I'll bring you at least a six pack.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Scott, you rock man!

Played it a TPF. It was a cool game. Hoping it can make it up to the PNW.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Spooky is coming to SFGE that weekend.
Scott, you should ride with Spooky and bring TA. I'll bring you at least a six pack.

You better play the hell out of it while he drinking his 6 pack!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#223 7 years ago

Scott - I absolutely love your work, man! Are you going to MGC? I'm considering making a trip out there with my brother-in-law. Someone make this game!

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

One thing I love is the ball being ejected out of the scoop immediately.

This really struck me also.

Such a simple idea, yet so unique. It really adds to the high energy vibe of this machine.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Scott - I absolutely love your work, man! Are you going to MGC? I'm considering making a trip out there with my brother-in-law. Someone make this game!

I am pretty sure Scott is bringing Total Annihilation to MGC .

#226 7 years ago

Thank you very much guys for the kind words. TA will be at MGC this year! Hope to see you there!
--Scott

#227 7 years ago

Time to heal...

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Time to heal...

“The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny."

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

“The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny."

IMG_8179 (resized).JPGIMG_8179 (resized).JPG

#230 7 years ago

TA beauty shot

#231 7 years ago

Great game , One of the big surprises at TPF, however, due to the simple design of machine barring the great sound setup, couldn't these be made for less than 5k??

#232 7 years ago

Had no idea what TI was going to be like when I stepped up to it in TX this past weekend, but wow this game is great! Love how balls are locked and the ball kicks out from the scoop super fast! The music was incredible playing loud and proud!

I am following it's progress for sure.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Great game , One of the big surprises at TPF, however, due to the simple design of machine barring the great sound setup, couldn't these be made for less than 5k??

I agree, I would hope for more of a kit. The progress is super cool. That music and display were sweet, I feel like the pf needs just one more thing, but I can't put my finger on it. I love how it's way different than anything else, I think that's the appeal for me.

( The buttons needed the sash behind them, but it's a minor cab detail. I forgot them on 2 restores and had to go back and put them in, easy to overlook)

#234 7 years ago

I must one-up you!

IMG_3917 (resized).PNGIMG_3917 (resized).PNG

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

... made for less than 5k??

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I agree, I would hope for more of a kit.

If you're in either of these camps, you should just tip your hat, say good day, and move along.

#236 7 years ago

When has a kit ever been a good idea, not being negative, just looking for an example of success in the pinball world

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you very much guys for the kind words. TA will be at MGC this year! Hope to see you there!
--Scott

Dang - may just need to make the 7ish hour drive to see this, Scott! Keep up the great work, man!

#238 7 years ago

Don't worry about LE, SLE, or anything like that. And just remember stranger things have happened...

Brad

TA_SDIA.pngTA_SDIA.png

#239 7 years ago

So when Scott first showed me what he was working on, I was somewhat skeptical about the single level playfield. I was really in love with the usage of full RGB, segment displays and an LCD in the same package. Once he told me the story line, I started to warm up to the game. Then once I heard the music tracks, I was hooked. The entire theme package just works well together. Scott really did a great job. The playfield is fast and fun. The light shows are crazy and probably some of the best I've ever seen on a machine. If Scott offered "light show design as a service", I'd freaking buy it.

This game easily has one of the best sound packages/sound systems in the industry. Industry people: sit up and take note. LE/Super LE/Super Duper LE/Super Duper Uber Cool LE games should sound like this.

My hats off to Scott on this one. If you have the opportunity to see this game at a show, then go and play it!

</circlejerk>

-- Jimmy

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you're in either of these camps, you should just tip your hat, say good day, and move along.

Quoted from bangerjay:

When has a kit ever been a good idea, not being negative, just looking for an example of success in the pinball world

You guys are probably right, please let me rephrase my thoughts...

I like the ideas that highway has... have a full game and sell the playfield as a kit, I'm getting ahead of myself when I say I'd rather have a kit... I'd rather buy the whole machine for 5k-ish, and grab the next playfield and program that Scott comes up with and be able to swap .

Either rate; I'm glad I got to play the game and experience it in its current state; I'm a big supporter of diy, and excited that Scott has taken his passion this far, I think after graphics and polish, this will be a game to recon with, I hope to make my own game some day

#241 7 years ago

I can't believe people are so excited about this game, can't say I'm impressed and have no interest in owning it.

Edit: wrong thread, thought this was Alien.

just joking, been following the progress on this from literally day one, since I can remember helping Scott get the framework up and running. Every time I see it, it blows me away. Oh, and it was my sharpie pen that did that awesome art, so I'm taking credit for that

Great old school feel, just a great rush.

#242 7 years ago

With no kit, the only limiting factor.for the price is the number made. Make it 500 to 1000 instead of 250 or some small.bullshit number

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I can't believe people are so excited about this game, can't say I'm impressed and have no interest in owning it.

I thought you had FINALLY gone mental!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Oh, and it was my sharpie pen that did that awesome art, so I'm taking credit for that

LOL @ "Ball Save"

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Episode 1 would have been a good kit if the game hadn't sucked. Easy to change over and leveraged the strengths of the P2K platform well. Heighway's kit system may prove to be viable; we'll find out soon. But, no TA kit... this isn't a Miss World...

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Oh, and it was my sharpie pen that did that awesome art, so I'm taking credit for that.

No photoshop here, thats some hand drawn playfield art right there!

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I would hope for more of a kit

In this case, it would probably be counter productive to have to mount the 4 segment displays and center LCD to an existing cabinet, plus you'd never get the awesome sub sound that Scott designed.

However, I've always thought if anyone wanted to get their project mass produced and wanted to do so the most cost effective way was to do a playfield kit (Gary started Data east by making conversion kits in his basement)
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mfgid=252

Put the scoring display in the apron, store the PROC/power supply/sound amp in a box that sits in the bottom of the cabinet, connect audio to existing bezel speakers, connect 4 wires to existing flipper buttons.

I would imagine even mass produced with volume buying, a cabinet can easily add $600 to a BOM because of off the shelf parts beyond just the wood cabinet:
* side rails
* lockdown mech
* lockdown bar
* leg brackets
* legs
* backbox hinge
* speaker bezel hardware
* speakers
* coin door
* plunger

The most ideal cabinet would probably be Williams from 1985 (beginning of alphanumeric and the standard backglass size with high speed), going all the way up to 1998 with cactus canyon. Nearly every collector has at least one of those games from that timespan that could drop a playfield into one so long as it has the standard lockbar brackets on the front and can rest on whatever hinge mech in the back.

#248 7 years ago

The cabinet isn't the expensive part of this game.

Maybe Scott can include a couple of plastic ramps in a baggie so people can feel like they got a good value?

Just because it's single level doesn't mean it's not as complicated (and expensive) as any other modern game.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The most ideal cabinet would probably be Williams from 1985

"I will be making a single level Classic Bally style game that will have fully updated electronics". -Scott

#250 7 years ago

I don't ever want perfectly good playfields sitting in my closet, That's why kits or modular playfields have limited potential.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/5?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.