Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 145.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Game #168 ordered. Can i pay with dipped Sacagaweas?

Do it

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Game #168 ordered. Can i pay with dipped Sacagaweas?

The "Sac" rack should be built into the armor!

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The "Sac" rack should be built into the armor!

Yes. Yes it should. I knew we'd find a shortcoming in the game.

#2854 2 years ago

for those not in the know on the sac rack

P8240486 (resized).JPG

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That really should be powdercoated you know.

#2856 2 years ago

I one paid rent in gold dollars. In a midevil looking pouch.
Do you allow older silver dollar coins?

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I one paid rent in gold dollars. In a midevil looking pouch.
Do you allow older silver dollar coins?

If not, I'm always buying silver and gold. We can figure something out.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where do you get them?

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Where do you get them?

from LIONMAN!

#2860 2 years ago

What does Lionman mean?

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does Lionman mean?

Silly thread with Swords of fury reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lionman

Oops, lionman

#2862 2 years ago

Sac racks are great ! I want a pink one for Total Nuclear Annihilation.

20170824_231042 (resized).jpg

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does Lionman mean?

I don't know, some inside joke I guess, but I am getting pretty tired of it.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

You're right!! This nonsense is getting old and tiresome...

IMG_20170825_061018604 (resized).jpg

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

The 1988 Williams pinball machine, Swords of Fury, includes artwork that depicts a LIONMAN on the backglass, a LIONMAN on the playfield, and has a promenient voice call out "LIONMAN!". The game also has an awesome soundtrack and has increased in popularity among the pinside audience drastically over the last five years. Some people are unamused by the LIONMEME, while others get upset by it, which may or may not make it that much funnier to LIONMEN.

Given the recent lovefest for SoF any negative opinion of SoF is now considered a criminal act, and rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile. Rest assured that the wholesome TNA project has no affiliation or relationship with such heinous villainy.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Given the recent lovefest for SoF ... rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile.

LOL

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

The 1988 Williams pinball machine, Swords of Fury, includes artwork that depicts a LIONMAN on the backglass, a LIONMAN on the playfield, and has a promenient voice call out "LIONMAN!". The game also has an awesome soundtrack and has increased in popularity among the pinside audience drastically over the last five years. Some people are unamused by the LIONMEME, while others get upset by it, which just makes it that much funnier to LIONMEN.
Given the recent lovefest for SoF any negative opinion of SoF is now considered a criminal act, and rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile. Rest assured that the wholesome TNA project has no affiliation or relationship with such heinous villainy.

This.. And...

In SOF a constant callout is LIONMAN LIONMAN LIONMAN. Is soo 80s fantasy and constant it's funny. It common to hear someone shouting LIONMAN! During MGC and other events. Plus those who are Spooky fans and listen to the pod cast recently got the treat of a radio serial Bug created with Doug W s direction. LIONMAN. So yes kind of an inside regional and spooky inside joke. To get it listen to one or more of the LIONMAN segments in the Spooky podcasts.

And I didn't even use the word epic once!

#2869 2 years ago

Yeah so where do we get a sac rac?

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

You're right!! This nonsense is getting old and tiresome...

Perfect place for a Sac rack!

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Yeah so where do we get a sac rac?

I hate to say it, but it may involve tea bagging....if you're up to it.

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hate to say it, but it may involve tea bagging....if you're up to it.

It depends on if I'm the bag or the cup.

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile

only thing that could top it... somone retheming it into a 90s nerd boy obsession over a vampire chick

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It depends on if I'm the bag or the cup.

if you have to ask... I think we know the answer

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does Lionman mean?

None of you have it right.

LIONMAN!! Is an all powerful celestial, you have neither seen nor heard of LIONMAN, even Chuck Norris pays his respects.

Scott Danesi understands this because LIONMAN!!!

IMG_5271 (resized).PNG

#2876 2 years ago

TIL there are way more $1 coins laying around than I realized. Are you guys just hoarding them all for your sac parties?

#2877 2 years ago

As much as I would love to join this sacfest

download (resized).jpg

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

TIL there are way more $1 coins laying around than I realized. Are you guys just hoarding them all for your sac parties?

They're super convenient for dollar games. Real man always sac up.

#2879 2 years ago

sac rack, damn I thought you all were talking about a different type of rack. didn't know that reference actually existed...

don't think I know of to many games that accept dollar coins

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

don't think I know of to many games that accept dollar coins

Yeah, but the person who wins the game has no problem accepting them.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can you get these coins from the bank if you ask for them specifically? I can't say I have ever tried to find them.

#2882 2 years ago

Can you get these coins from the bank if you ask for them specifically? I can't say I have ever tried to find them.

Yes

#2883 2 years ago

It may just be me, but I think the Sacrack would be even more epic if it said "For Amusement Only" on it.

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

ahhh... ok now it makes sense

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Okay, so it is just the holder for the dollar bets. You must not only have the sac rack but dollar coins from all participants. Got it.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Sac racks are great ! I want a pink one for Total Nuclear Annihilation.

I agree but judging the time frame wouldn't a Susan B Rad one be more appropriate?

#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I agree but judging the time frame wouldn't a Susan B Rad one be more appropriate?

Wow, I totally missed the "sac" reference until this comment. PS: TNA is going to be one of the greatest dollar games ever made.

#2888 2 years ago

Will TNA come with a dollar-coin slot on the coin door?

#2889 2 years ago

Well up here in Canada, all the games accept $1 "Loonie" coins, and $2 "Toonie" coins. Makes it simple.

...but then we use the Metric system too, so I guess we're just more 'advanced'.

#2890 2 years ago

If I order a Canadian pinball machine and have it shipped to the US, what type of coins would it accept? Oh, wait...

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If I order a Canadian pinball machine and have it shipped to the US, what type of coins would it accept? Oh, wait...

Lol. Kayte indicated that if I wanted Cdn coin mechs factory installed on my TNA it would probably be possible, but would also probably be very expensive. I'm looking into local alternatives.

#2892 2 years ago

It would be really cool to have one of these sac racks built into the apron or coin door.

#2893 2 years ago

It would be really cool to have one of these sac racks built into the apron or coin door.

Meh. Leave mods to the modders. The less proprietary stuff there is on a game the better IMO!

(and the apron is under the glass?)

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I want a pink one for Total Nuclear Annihilation.

Translucent hot magenta.

IMG_6114 (resized).JPG

#2895 2 years ago

Edit: Not apron.. I meant lockdown bar

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only thing that could top it... somone retheming it into a 90s nerd boy obsession over a vampire chick

I'm taking that as a complement! Thanks!

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...but then we use the Metric system too, so I guess we're just more 'advanced'.

6HPdPHV (resized).png

#2898 2 years ago

Okay, unless I missed something, we still haven't seen the "Scott promised..." pics of the underside of the PF. Correct? Any update on that?

Also, I am very curious to learn what the PF raising/lifting mechanism will be for TNA? Since the custom cabinet is modelled after an 80's Bally cabinet, can we expect the same "2 hooks" system where you have to hoist the entire PF weight to lift it off one hook and down on the other so you can fully raise it and have it rest against the head. This move is always fun to try to perform with my seemingly 500lbs Medusa PF - not!

Or maybe a nice set of LED backlit, super-sexy laser-etched carbon-fiber service rails? Something else?

#2899 2 years ago

People keep talking numbers for game orders. And I agree good gauge in interest. Last we heard in batch 4 (150-200). I'm curious about non game interest also. I wonder how many shirt sales there have been from pinball life. That should be a good measure as to how many support the game. But may not be able to afford it.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well up here in Canada, all the games accept $1 "Loonie" coins, and $2 "Toonie" coins. Makes it simple.

I wish the US didn't have to special with Standard Measurements. Pain in the butt keeping two sets of everything.
I'm sure there are a lot of reasons for it, but nothing I could think of to justify it.
It would seem a lot simpler just going with the metric system like almost every other country in the world.

I am ignorant on the subject of how it came to be, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside