Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 145.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Had a chance to play this today. Great game !! Wish I could afford to buy one

with 24 games... I think you can afford it. Just have to sell a few

I played it today also and WOW is the current iteration/proto with full art just amazing in person!
Plays just as butter smooth (maybe better) than the whitewood.

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

with 24 games... I think you can afford it. Just have to sell a few
I played it today also and WOW is the current iteration/proto with full art just amazing in person!
Plays just as butter smooth (maybe better) than the whitewood.

I go for Quantity over Quality

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I go for Quantity over Quality

I prefer both

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm going to have Scott sign my game , and I am going to take a picture of Scott signing my game . And I am going to have someone take a picture of me taking a picture of Scott signing my game .

PIN-CEPTION!

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I paid $40 for Flash Gordon's

He asked my brother-in-law Carl to get him water at TPF and he obliged.

Brad

17522800_1406957669366590_6282828194953872096_n.jpg

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

trilogybeer - let me know if you need me to stop by and take a picture of Bryan taking a picture of you taking a picture of Scott signing your game.

Id like to take a picture of that!

#2807 2 years ago

I would to just don't have the funds for that. Maybe someday......

#2808 2 years ago

Amazing job of getting the RGB GI so bright. thenotrashcougar , Scott, have you built an RGB bulb or are you using light pipes to bring the light up from a board below the PF? I can't quite tell from pics.

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Amazing job of getting the RGB GI so bright. thenotrashcougar , Scott, have you built an RGB bulb or are you using light pipes to bring the light up from a board below the PF? I can't quite tell from pics.

He's made a custom board to mount the LED on.

20160320_105327 (resized).jpg

EDIT: oh you meant GI. He did use light pipes at one point in his build for GI.

#2810 2 years ago

I love the fact how sales of Scott's own pin seem to take off faster than #TBL (a project in which Scott also participated).

Quoted from mayuh:

My best guess is Scott has to sign each and every machine.
He deserves it.
So looking forward to TNA #136

Yay! Then I am looking forward to the 3D backglass

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thank you! I am using a custom built RGB bulb for production. The light pipes I used on the whitewood were not bright enough. These bulbs stick directly through the playfield and look like traditional pinball bulbs, but are not. These are pretty damn bright. They are also modular, so if one ever burns out, you just remove the connector, remove 1 screw, and replace. Easy.

--Scott

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm going to have Scott sign my game , and I am going to take a picture of Scott signing my game . And I am going to have someone take a picture of me taking a picture of Scott signing my game .

You mean something like this?

IMG_3917 (resized).PNG

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Love that photo!! Cause it's me in the background playing

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you! I am using a custom built RGB bulb for production. The light pipes I used on the whitewood were not bright enough. These bulbs stick directly through the playfield and look like traditional pinball bulbs, but are not. These are pretty damn bright. They are also modular, so if one ever burns out, you just remove the connector, remove 1 screw, and replace. Easy.
--Scott

Scott makes it impossible to say "no"!

#2815 2 years ago

Makes me sad that other manufacturers (cough Stern) use spots that insist on popping out right in the middle of a great game.

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Scott makes it impossible to say "no"!

That's exactly what I'm going to tell my wife.

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

The middle

IMG_8178 (resized).JPG

#2818 2 years ago

And here's rehearsal. You can tell there were a lot of changes made in the final performance.

IMG_2992 (resized).JPG

#2819 2 years ago

--Scott

I see lots of possibilities for some custom mods here. Possibily tapping into a signal and driving some under cab lights.
thenotrashcougar are the RGB driven by 3 negative signals and a common positive to each? Are the drivers robust enough to... power a second led? Or do I need some isolation circuit?
Or do I need to wait until MGC and drag it out of you!!

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

And here's rehearsal. You can tell there were a lot of changes made in the final performance.

It appears Mrs. Danesi is taking a pic of Mr. Danesi's ass.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Makes me sad that other manufacturers (cough Stern) use spots that insist on popping out right in the middle of a great game.

Actually Stern fixed this on the newer games with a neat little metal wire bracket that actually holds the light in. I always hot glued the bulbs in and went to do that on AS (or maybe GB) and saw the wire holding the bulb.

Now back to TNA...

#2823 2 years ago

When will production begin? I want to speculate when I will travel to WI for pickup.

Are there any suggested parts to have on-hand? perhaps these bulb boards..

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Can you blame her??

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Can you blame her??

It is kinda nice.

#2826 2 years ago

Uh when I think of TNA this is not the A I think of....

#2827 2 years ago

Where's that picture?
It needs to be posted

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Where's that picture?
It needs to be posted

Scott's butt?

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I see lots of possibilities for some custom mods here. Possibily tapping into a signal and driving some under cab lights.
thenotrashcougar are the RGB driven by 3 negative signals and a common positive to each? Are the drivers robust enough to... power a second led? Or do I need some isolation circuit?
Or do I need to wait until MGC and drag it out of you!!

Warning, technical crap incoming... The LEDs are directly driven from the Multimorphic PD-LED boards on the bottom of the playfield, not serially. These LEDs are common anode, meaning that the positive side of the LED channels (RGB colors) is common. Each color within the LED is directly driven from a ground signal from the PD-LED. Each channel is limited to 20ma of current, therefore eliminating the need for any kind of current limiting resistor on the LED assembly itself. You will not be able to pull any more current than 20ma per channel, so hooking up another LED directly in parallel with the existing LEDs most likely will not work.

The modding community will probably get creative with some sort of isolation device to combat this. Unfortunately, I do not have time to work on said device.

Hope that helps. That is the easiest way I know to explain what is going on.

--Scott

#2830 2 years ago

Warning, technical crap incoming... The LEDs are directly driven from the Multimorphic PD-LED boards on the bottom of the playfield, not serially. These LEDs are common anode, meaning that the positive side of the LED channels (RGB colors) is common. Each color within the LED is directly driven from a ground signal from the PD-LED. Each channel is limited to 20ma of current, therefore eliminating the need for any kind of current limiting resistor on the LED assembly itself. You will not be able to pull any more current than 20ma per channel, so hooking up another LED directly in parallel with the existing LEDs most likely will not work.
The modding community will probably get creative with some sort of isolation device to combat this. Unfortunately, I do not have time to work on said device.
--Scott

My brain just exploded....

#2831 2 years ago

Yeah feel free to ignore that garbage I posted.

#2833 2 years ago

--Scott

1ulhry (resized).jpg

#2834 2 years ago

--Scott

Thanks scott. Exactly what I wanted to know. 20ma not too much. But I'll see what I can come up with. Would be cool to isolate the signal in analog and do some even cooler things with it. Hmm.
Ed

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Would be cool to isolate the signal in analog and do some even cooler things with it.

Probably easier to just do it from the PC inside - it's just Linux running Python, specifically SkeletonGame.

#2836 2 years ago

--Scott

Does each LED have a PIN dedicated to it on the PD-LED board? I could see an Arduino setup to sense the firing of that LED and control another bank of LEDs, servos, etc that have separate 5v power. Basically something that has a separate GPIO for controlling additional mods or would there be an easier way to tie into the PD-LED board or PC?

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Probably easier to just do it from the PC inside - it's just Linux running Python, specifically SkeletonGame.

I see what your saying. Add alittle code here or there to direct output to an unused gpio to something. But that requires adding it every update. And also some would never do it. I like to document my mods for others to recreate.
Simple. If you want a light on every time the reactor is red use a optical isolator on the red in on one led feed to a gate or transistor. When red passes the logic threshold. It will light. So red and purple will lift your reactor mod.

#2838 2 years ago

You should read carefully:

You will not be able to pull any more current than 20ma per channel, so hooking up another LED directly in parallel with the existing LEDs most likely will not work.

In parallel will not work but in serial probably will. Depends on the actual voltage but it should work fine with two or three. Might not be ideal electrically, though.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I see what your saying. Add alittle code here or there to direct output to an unused gpio to something. But that requires adding it every update.

I bet if you asked nicely, once the production games are out there, they might be willing to add some event output to a USB port as part of the code.

Both Spooky and Scott are approachable and amicable to ideas. Not a guarantee they'll say yes but more likely than from Stern.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I bet if you asked nicely, once the production games are out there, they might be willing to add some event output to a USB port as part of the code.
Both Spooky and Scott are approachable and amicable to ideas. Not a guarantee they'll say yes but more likely than from Stern.

I actually suggested an optional board to stern. With signal or relay outputs that would enable on specific events. Multiballs etc. so data being sent for these events to a tap able signal would be cool.

jabdoa I see what your suggesting there. But I think the voltage drop of having two in series will negatively effect the original led. I have a spare relay board from my GB topper build that has optically isolation inputs. But this solution will be on or off per led channel. I'll do some reading on the PD-LED board used before I plan too much.

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I actually suggested an optional board to stern. With signal or relay outputs that would enable on specific events. Multiballs etc. so data being sent for these events to a tap able signal would be cool.
jabdoa I see what your suggesting there. But I think the voltage drop of having two in series will negatively effect the original led. I have a spare relay board from my GB topper build that has optically isolation inputs. But this solution will be on or off per led channel. I'll do some reading on the PD-LED board used before I plan too much.

Keep in mind that I am also PWMing the LED channels to properly color mix. So I would advise against a physical relay in an isolated solution. Unless, of course, you like the sound of relays self destructing! jk jk

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I believe she once saw Mrs. Kelly doing the same with Mr. Kelly. It might have been at a Bryan Kelly Fan Club meeting, I will have to check the records, but I definitely know it happened.

Brad

#2843 2 years ago

I have been following the spooky story for a while with quite amazement. I just love the story behind spooky pinball. The vision, the family, their drive, and most important they seem like those rare "good" people. People that don't come along often anymore, they truly have a passion and care about the user on the other end of the deal. Those are the type of people I want to support.

That being said I love this new game! It looks amazing, love everything about it. I think the color theme, light shows, and soundtrack where nailed! I only have 2 pins, and three is the max I said I would ever own (yes I'm sticking to that, and it's all i can afford) so this last pin is very a very important choice to me. I think TNA is it, I just know all my friends (who are not pin heads) will love it. I think the rules are simple enough for a beginner to have a blast and a veteran keep coming back for more. I hope that they still have openings to put a deposit down. Amazing stuff spooky, and very inspirational! spookycharlie spookykt

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

... I just know all my friends (who are not pin heads) will love it. I think the rules are simple enough for a beginner to have a blast and a veteran keep coming back for more. ...

Yep - "easy to learn and hard to master"! I have no concerns whatsoever of getting bored with mine by destroying all 9 reactors too often.

#2845 2 years ago

My prediction is at-least 12 on route in the world by 3 months into production.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Meta-Nuclear-Autograph-Signing!

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If #112 comes in the first 3 months I can contribute to one of the 12 in your prediction.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think I might be in for a signature provided a witty personalized insult is included free or charge

Ok.... pm sent.

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

#85 is going on route in Calgary, AB shortly after arrival...

...but only if Scott Danesi signs the playfield!

#2850 2 years ago

Game #168 ordered. Can i pay with dipped Sacagaweas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,035 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Warsaw, IN
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Old Saybrook, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside