Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 145.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

On a mission to defeat Bangerjay

Hmm. Does look more like bangerjay than Scott.

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wanted to ask especially from someone like you who owns a lot of games and not all from the last 20 years. Does it play like an 80s pin?
I got into collecting 13-4 years ago but the oldest game I've owned was BOP. Don't really have much experience on older pins.
Does TNA play like any other game you can think of?
Also I've read some people think they should get TNA as first or only pin. I was thinking it is especially great for me as I have 10 of the same type of games, SM etc.. so TNA would be like a real change. At the end of the day while IM is a shorter rule game it's still closer to SM than it is to TNA.

I don't think there is any other game I've played that I can directly compare TNA to. While the somewhat simplistic layout is reminiscent of early SS games, the sheer speed, light and sound make it feel much more modern. I will say that it's probably the best multiplayer game I've ever encountered. We were playing it for dollars last night and had an absolute blast!

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think there is any other game I've played that I can directly compare TNA to. While the somewhat simplistic layout is reminiscent of early SS games, the sheer speed, light and sound make it feel much more modern. I will say that it's probably the best multiplayer game I've ever encountered. We were playing it for dollars last night and had an absolute blast!

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to play it.

#2704 6 years ago

If that's who I think it is in the background, y'all better check on your Swords of Fury machines...

#2705 6 years ago

Played it last night also. It is awesome. Like no other game out there. Will be placing my order this week.

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Played it last night also. It is awesome. Like no other game out there. Will be placing my order this week.

I almost feel like I was the only one who DIDN'T get to play it last night. Your placed must have been packed Dino.

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I almost feel like I was the only one who DIDN'T get to play it last night. Your placed must have been packed Dino.

You coulda been my guest, but you would have had to witness my silence of the lambs tuck dance outta the hot tub

#2708 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I need to make a pinball machine. I want a Viper...

I think there is a Viper Night Driving

#2709 6 years ago

maybe next time...

Quoted from bangerjay:

You coulda been my guest, but you would have had to witness my silence of the lambs tuck dance outta the hot tub

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Facebook Live next time, ask Rufer or Nogle for tips on how to use it.

Brad

#2711 6 years ago

I know you had the Dialed in tourney at sunset lanes on Saturday . I would have liked to go to that also , but just not enough time to do both .

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I know you had the Dialed in tourney at sunset lanes on Saturday. I would have liked to go to that also , but just not enough time to do both .

yeah, the main tournament was Dialed in, side tournaments on Hobbit and Wizard of Oz

i took 1st in the hobbit
3rd in woz
4 in dialed in

i should mention there were 7 of us total in the playoffs.

there was a $700 prize pool, trophies, and prizes. we all did well.

#2713 6 years ago

Are the cabinets pre-drilled for a shaker?

#2714 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are the cabinets pre-drilled for a shaker?

It would be convenient but shakers are WAY easy to install. Took me longer to find the right size drill bit than install the kit in RZ

#2715 6 years ago

yeah, the main tournament was Dialed in, side tournaments on Hobbit and Wizard of Oz
there was a $700 prize pool.

$700 prize pool! Wow!

I'd even consider playing WOZ for that! Maybe ... hmmmm ... no, probably not.

Haha!

rd

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, already sold half my pins to fit my arcade cabs, that's what gets played the most. Still love pinball, but Street Fighter is the community I'm more active with these days.
Since I'm down to 5 pins in the garage everything has to earn a spot, and TNA will fill the same kind of feel that Flash Gordon currently has. Love FG, but so it goes, space is space.

This is funny, b/c I did the exact opposite. Sold like 8 video games to get into pins over a year ago... the vids keep dwindling and the pins keep multiplying...

Now if I could only pull the trigger on the last few vids to fund TNA... I have been thinking about it.

#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I will say that it's probably the best multiplayer game I've ever encountered. We were playing it for dollars last night and had an absolute blast!

That's because you were the one winning them! Lol. Actually, this game is so fun that you don't even mind loosing your money while playing it. I certainly didn't.

Quoted from Mocean:

If that's who I think it is in the background, y'all better check on your Swords of Fury machines...

Hey now, there wasn't even a SOF there. I checked.

#2719 6 years ago

during the stream the speaker cutout on the bottom of the cabinet looked bigger then usual, can you give us any info on the cabinet speaker or other components of the sound system? TheNoTrashCougar

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

during the stream the speaker cutout on the bottom of the cabinet looked bigger then usual, can you give us any info on the cabinet speaker or other components of the sound system? thenotrashcougar

Sure, 10 inch sub with sub chamber box around it. Also ported out the bottom of the cabinet. Sound system is great.

#2721 6 years ago

The sound on the game is great. I love how at the beginning of a ball there is no bass, and then suddenly the bass kicks in and fills in the low end.

#2722 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Uh oh, we got a bad ass rebel here. Not doing Facebook, is the new 'sorry I don't own a tv'.

Facebook is for people who need to feel liked. and validated for every action they do. "Look at me! Im in Hawaii! It's so nice here!" They have a constant need to show off the amount of friends they have. "Check out me! I'm hanging out with my bitches at the club! YOLO!"

Lots of people I know with Facebook say it's dumb. Yet they go on it everyday. It's an addiction to some people.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Facebook is for people who need to feel liked. and validated for every action they do. "Look at me! Im in Hawaii! It's so nice here!" They have a constant need to show off the amount of friends they have. "Check out me! I'm hanging out with my bitches at the club! YOLO!"
Lots of people I know with Facebook say it's dumb. Yet they go on it everyday. It's an addiction to some people.

This pretty much describes Facebook when it first launched. If you dig into the actual metrics and demographics today, it's a much different landscape and actually has a wide variety of applications for its users today.

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This pretty much describes Facebook when it first launched. If you dig into the actual metrics and demographics today, it's a much different landscape and actually has a wide variety of applications for its users today.

Facebook makes lots of money off of each user they have. It's a smart way to gather data about people since everyone post about their everyday lives.

Facebook is fine for keeping in touch with friends and family but you also get stuck listening to people bitch about politics and such. It's also been proven to cause depression in people. I just don't get how some people say it's a necessity to have one today

Also I'm done posting about Facebook in this thread. Rather hear more about tna

#2725 6 years ago

Your placed must have been packed Dino.

It was! There were 45-50 people here. Thanks to Scott for bringing the game. It's so much fun. With Total Nuclear Annihilation, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars LE, it was quite the night. TNA got a pretty good workout. Can't wait to get mine!

#2726 6 years ago

You know the whole family is pumped about this game when the toddler just wants to lay there and listen to TheNoTrashCougar 's beats while we watched the stream...he'd literally get upset every time I'd stop the video. After years of collecting and owning dozens of titles, TNA will be our first NIB... which is the highest compliment you can pay a designer and manufacturer in this biz!

LionToddler (resized).jpgLionToddler (resized).jpg

#2727 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

This is funny, b/c I did the exact opposite. Sold like 8 video games to get into pins over a year ago... the vids keep dwindling and the pins keep multiplying...

That's the common thing, I'm going against the flow here. But I don't collect classic vids, my cabs are mostly Japanese candy cabs, Astro Cities and a Neo Candy 29, and they're 'generic' in the sense that you swap games in them at will, as opposed to dedicated. I'd need a TON of space to be willing to give up room to dedicated games.

Like I said though, the fighting game community is where I'm more active these days, so having Street Fighter setups means the cabs get played, and that crowd ignore my pins.

TNA is the first new pin in a long time that I'm actually excited about!

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Sure, 10 inch sub with sub chamber box around it. Also ported out the bottom of the cabinet. Sound system is great.

If you guys aren't familiar with the work Scott has done on the sound system for this game check these old blog posts:

Tuning Your Subwoofer: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=757

SkeletonGame and Beyond: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=733

First one has technical details, second one has some good development photos of the sub chamber. There's a reason this game bumps!

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you guys aren't familiar with the work Scott has done on the sound system

Pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for posting that.
-Mike

#2730 6 years ago

I don't know if it was the shaker, subwoofer, or (likely) both, but the super spinner thump was UNREAL on Saturday night. I'm not even a fan of shakers, but this was awesome. My whole group laughed at how ridiculous it was every time someone ripped a super spinner. That combined with a hardwood floor suspended over the basement = free foot massage for the whole room.

#2731 6 years ago

I hate you guys. Looks like Tron will have a new buddy. Just placed an order with Spooky, 4th batch early 2018 ETA. Gives me some time to figure out what to sell, phew. Hot damn does this game look fun!

#2732 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I hate you guys. Looks like Tron will have a new buddy. Just placed an order with Spooky, 4th batch early 2018 ETA. Gives me some time to figure out what to sell, phew. Hot damn does this game look fun!

I'm in the 4th batch, gives me some time to save up the money.

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm in the 4th batch, gives me some time to save up the money.

I'm in the second batch and the "you might be surprised" statement has me concerned. Need to sell one more thing to be comfortable.

#2734 6 years ago

I had every intention of making Star Wars my very first NIB purchase. I was planning for it for months.

Until this came along.

Easy to understand rules, with rock solid lights/music/video production, all wrapped up in a cohesive art package. Y'all nailed it with this one.

Congratulations Spooky and Scott. I just put my deposit in.

Still plan on getting a Star Wars down the line. Regardless of the negative chatter here on Pinside, I like it, including the complexity of Dwight's code.

Nevertheless, first thing's first... I absolutely cannot WAIT for TnA.

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Still plan on getting a Star Wars down the line. Regardless of the negative chatter here on Pinside, I like it, including the complexity of Dwight's code.

I also put in my deposit for TNA today. You'll really love SW if you dig Dwight's coding style. I play mine 4X more than my AFMr, which is one bad ass game. Give the pro some serious consideration, the gameplay is incredible and you save a whole bunch over the premium/LE. But boy is TNA an outstanding value for what you get!

#2736 6 years ago

Check received confirmation! In at #107!

#2737 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you guys aren't familiar with the work Scott has done on the sound system for this game check these old blog posts:
Tuning Your Subwoofer: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=757
SkeletonGame and Beyond: http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=733
First one has technical details, second one has some good development photos of the sub chamber. There's a reason this game bumps!

Very interesting stuff.

Regarding the Sub Chamber, is the woofer speaker just sitting on the wood floor of the chamber, or some kind of small standoffs so there is an air gap between it and the floor, or is there another hole through the cabinet below the speaker in addition to the 4" round one on the other side of the chamber?

EDIT> Upon closer inspection and looking up other examples of Sub Chambers on the net, the speaker has a cutout below it as well and is mounted directly to the floor of the chamber. How much space is there between the bottom / magnet of the speaker and top cover for the chamber?

I'd kind of like to make one of these for my Metallica, it has the Flipper Fidelity sub in but doesn't produce much and rattles everything in the game. I wonder if it would improve the bass output and reduce the rattle without an additonal sub for the bass?

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I had every intention of making Star Wars my very first NIB purchase. I was planning for it for months.
Until this came along.
Easy to understand rules, with rock solid lights/music/video production, all wrapped up in a cohesive art package. Y'all nailed it with this one.
Congratulations Spooky and Scott. I just put my deposit in.
Nevertheless, first thing's first... I absolutely cannot WAIT for TnA.

That's me exactly. I had been holding out for SW to be my first NIB.

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

That's me exactly. I had been holding out for SW to be my first NIB.

Very nice. Which batch did you get in? Good to see there'll be a number of these in the Bay Area once they start shipping!

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I also put in my deposit for TNA today. You'll really love SW if you dig Dwight's coding style. I play mine 4X more than my AFMr, which is one bad ass game. Give the pro some serious consideration, the gameplay is incredible and you save a whole bunch over the premium/LE. But boy is TNA an outstanding value for what you get!

Nice. I'll be messaging you separately re: SW. Would love to hear more about your experience with it on the Pro.

#2740 6 years ago

Hey - anyone that has an earlier spot and has realized they need more time to save up money... hit me up. I'm in spot #126, batch 3. I'll swap with you!

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Very nice. Which batch did you get in?

I'm in the 3rd batch-

#2742 6 years ago

I was going to request an upgrade to Titan silicone translucent rubbers on my order, but then I looked at the pics & I think they already come installed stock? Can Scott confirm?

I put them in all my pins, as I love the way the LED lighting shines through & illuminates the rubber. Plus I prefer the bounce & the fact they stay pretty clean. TNA screams for clear rubbers with that RGB lighting

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I was going to request an upgrade to Titan silicone translucent rubbers on my order, but then I looked at the pics & I think they already come installed stock? Can Scott confirm?
I put them in all my pins, as I love the way the LED lighting shines through & illuminates the rubber. Plus I prefer the bounce & the fact they stay pretty clean. TNA screams for clear rubbers with that RGB lighting

Im going to guess they will be the Pinball Life perfect play rubbers

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Im going to guess they will be the Pinball Life perfect play rubbers

Whitch are still silicone. I find on RZ they hold up the same as titan. Flipper rubbers take a beating on that game.

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Whitch are still silicone. I find on RZ they hold up the same as titan. Flipper rubbers take a beating on that game.

True still silicone. I don't have a ton of experience with either brand, but i felt the perfect play were a bit more bouncy then the titans on my Shadow

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

True still silicone. I don't have a ton of experience with either brand, but i felt the perfect play were a bit more bouncy then the titans on my Shadow

PerfectPlay only has a few rubber sizes though.

I use the PerfectPlay flipper rubber on my STTNG and Metallica and like their characteristics. However, they don't last long enough on location. I find they will break at the narrow end of the flipper within a few weeks with heavy play unless I turn them slightly to move the "thin spot" around to the back of the flipper. If I do that they last a few months at least.

#2747 6 years ago

The game will come with translucent PerfectPlay rubbers on it.

#2748 6 years ago

Thanks for creating such a cool game @thenotrashcougar! I don't typically buy games without playing them first, but this one seems like a no-brainer as it reminds me of an early Bally SS (which I love) on steroids.

Kayte received my pre-stream deposit check today and I'm officially in at #139!

#2749 6 years ago

plugging in to watch for updates

#2750 6 years ago

How long does it take to get a number? I put in on Friday night with a distributor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.