Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 145.
#2601 2 years ago

Watched the stream.......AMAZING!!! Last nights feed will easily sell another 75 games! TNA is like a video game that came to life! I bitched about the art like a few others, but after watching that stream.........I could give a fuck about the art, this game is off the charts cool. The music, light show, animations, rules and intensity are killer. I am buying this puppy! Go Scott!

#2602 2 years ago

Absolutely a great game and probably an operator's dream game. Maintenance should be easy, ball times are very short and the game is very challenging.

Aside from all the goodness I noticed that nobody got more than 4 reactors (also in the audits at the end), but I don't think there is a skill shot after locking a ball. Adding a new skill shot after locking a ball could make it easier to get more reactors involved. Would that be a welcome feature, or would it screw up the difficulty of the game?

#2603 2 years ago

Interior cabinet graphics: Yes or No? Are there any hi-res photos of the playfield with and without? That'll help me greatly. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on TNA.

#2604 2 years ago

This game is so badass. I love everything about the sounds, lighting, art, theme.. I really hope this will be the first Spooky game to finally be on location somewhere in Chicago. (please Logan Arcade!

#2605 2 years ago

Scott. The only game suggestion i would like to see. Is a LIONMAN!!! Callout when someone beats GC!

whysnow not a shot to you but I feel the super skill is a horrible idea. There already is a no flip skill and a flip skill. If you Roger sharp it and call your shot you get a reactor started. Else you get skill shot.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Interior cabinet graphics: Yes or No? Are there any hi-res photos of the playfield with and without? That'll help me greatly. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on TNA

Email Kt@spookypinball.com and she'll send you images of side art and cost ($50 I think). Didn't really add enough for me to pull the trigger on that one. But I'm in on it with shaker. According to the Danger stream the shaker activates with the spinner. Seems cool.

#2607 2 years ago

Better yet, here are the interior cabinet graphics.

Int_Panels (resized).jpg

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Theres nothing there ? Edit... i see it now... like wood grain pattern?

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Some scoop damage tho......

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some scoop damage tho......

That's some sort of light reflection. I was there last night. There is zero scoop damage.

#2611 2 years ago

I'm officially in on one!

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres nothing there ? Edit... i see it now... like wood grain pattern?

Not wood grain. Looks more like circuit board pattern to me. This was the image sent from Spooky in their email specifically showing the option. I agree, not the best picture. Would be better with more light.

#2613 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Scott. The only game suggestion i would like to see. Is a LIONMAN!!! Callout when someone beats GC!
whysnow not a shot to you but I feel the super skill is a horrible idea. There already is a no flip skill and a flip skill. If you Roger sharp it and call your shot you get a reactor started. Else you get skill shot.

yeah, just tossing out ideas for fun

My assumption is that as Scott polishes things then the game will get some new features. To me the full plunge to a shot thing is fun thing and challenging. When done well it can add some cool risk v reward.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, just tossing out ideas for fun
My assumption is that as Scott polishes things then the game will get some new features. To me the full plunge to a shot thing is fun thing and challenging. When done well it can add some cool risk v reward.

Yeah some cool stuff on here. Like quick cast on Fish Tales.

#2615 2 years ago

The inner art is a base grey with a black and other color circuit board pattern. I agree not the most exciting but I know why he did it that way. It complements the rgb without creating its own element.
I went with it because for $50 preinstalled is a good deal. Plus it's three peices. Including the backboard of game. This would be just black without a art package. Think SS Bally. I can easily install a shaker whenever I want one.

#2616 2 years ago

Looking at the stream, the side art does compliment the game. I'm contemplating the upgrade...once again.

#2617 2 years ago

For $50, i think you would regret it if you didnt. I've spent $50 on way worse, way more stupid things lol. Unless you were going with mirror blades instead.

#2618 2 years ago

so didn't know anything about this game and saw the stream - pretty cool and great sounding. How much and when is it being released? Don't see any info.

#2619 2 years ago

Check their Facebook page. In short it is 6k, with production in batches of 50, until sales start to slow, then they will do a "last call" batch of 50.

There are add-ons too

#2620 2 years ago

OK thanks - sorry don't do facebook.

#2621 2 years ago

TNA looked great on the stream, but that's not surprising after following it for so long.

I'm likely in the minority on this, but the stream also did wonders for The Jetsons. Everyone playing as competitively as they did made the game seems not only fun, but also challenging enough. The artwork, coding, call-outs, and design seemed much improved over the initial reveal. No one got to Jetscreamer, mostly thanks to Elroy. I'm grabbing both, and I'm happy to support spooky.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You might be able to see the details without having an account. I'm not sure though. What else do you want to know? Send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to give you details.

#2623 2 years ago

As someone who intends to operate TNA on location the lack of topside complexity appeals to me from a maintenance and cleaning perspective, as everything is pretty accessible.

However, the one concern that I have is the drop-targets. A fast game like Metallica with inline drop targets chews through the targets fairly regularily, I'm a little worried that the targets in the Danesi Lock with have short life spans with all the amazing ball bashing action they will see.

Is Spooky creating new super-strength targets for this, or including 3 sets of spares with the game?

Also, I expect removing the Danesi Lock mech will be one of the more common maintenance tasks, I hope they make it easy to access from the underside, maybe use machine screws for the mounting so it holds up to lots of remove/install cycles?

#2624 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Uh oh, we got a bad ass rebel here. Not doing Facebook, is the new 'sorry I don't own a tv'.

#2625 2 years ago

Ordered my TNA a couple days ago. They were on batch 4. Looks to be gaining steam. Can't wait.

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Ordered my TNA a couple days ago. They were on batch 4. Looks to be gaining steam. Can't wait.

Were you given a timeline on when they roughly expect to get to your batch?

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

As someone who intends to operate TNA on location the lack of topside complexity appeals to me from a maintenance and cleaning perspective, as everything is pretty accessible.
However, the one concern that I have is the drop-targets. A fast game like Metallica with inline drop targets chews through the targets fairly regularily, I'm a little worried that the targets in the Danesi Lock with have short life spans with all the amazing ball bashing action they will see.
Is Spooky creating new super-strength targets for this, or including 3 sets of spares with the game?
Also, I expect removing the Danesi Lock mech will be one of the more common maintenance tasks, I hope they make it easy to access from the underside, maybe use machine screws for the mounting so it holds up to lots of remove/install cycles?

I will quickly answer this. The targets used in this game are made from glass reinforced nylon. We have put thousands of plays on the whitewood version of the game and have never had 1 target break or wear out. If a drop target does break, the mechanism is just 3 standard single smart drop targets all in a row. All parts are new production and replacement parts will be available.

These are the drop target mechs to be exact:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4547

In fact, all the parts in this game are standard parts with the exception of the orbit rail, which is custom for the game.

--Scott

#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Were you given a timeline on when they roughly expect to get to your batch?

They are trying to get the first three batches out before the end of the year.

#2629 2 years ago

thenotrashcougar if someone rolls the score on the displays. Will the score still count correctly on the lcd? And please just one lionman call out. Im sure you can talk Doug W into recording it!

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I will quickly answer this. The targets used in this game are made from glass reinforced nylon. We have put thousands of plays on the whitewood version of the game and have never had 1 target break or wear out. If a drop target does break, the mechanism is just 3 standard single smart drop targets all in a row. All parts are new production and replacement parts will be available.
These are the drop target mechs to be exact:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4547
In fact, all the parts in this game are standard parts with the exception of the orbit rail, which is custom for the game.

--Scott

That is excellent news!

I was envisioning a complex custom mech but thinking about it I guess you wouldn't have engineered that for your original whitewood game either. Been rebuilding my Flash Gordon recently and was thinking about it as a single unit. Love your approach on this.

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

thenotrashcougar if someone rolls the score on the displays. Will the score still count correctly on the lcd? And please just one lionman call out. Im sure you can talk Doug W into recording it!

would be awesome to have a light in the backbox to denote the roll if it happened.

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

www.spookypinball.com

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

If a roll happens, which will be SUPER rare, it will just drop off the last 0 and continue. There are no scores displayed on the LCD except for in attract mode. The new numeric displays go up to 99,999,999 points, so there's that too. I would love to see someone roll it. haha
--Scott

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

If a roll happens, which will be SUPER rare, it will just drop off the last 0 and continue. There are no scores displayed on the LCD except for in attract mode. The new numeric displays go up to 99,999,999 points, so there's that too. I would love to see someone roll it. haha
--Scott

Cue the Keith Elwin stream in 3-2-1...

#2635 2 years ago

If someone rolls this thing it should be mandatory that the machine yells "LIONMAN" at max volume. Clearly you are more than man if you can achieve this

#2636 2 years ago

If you roll the score it should start displaying in hexadecimal.

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Totally doable.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

HELL.

YES.

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I really hate it when people come up with cool ideas that I'll never actually get to see in real life.

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I really hate it when people come up with cool ideas that I'll never actually get to see in real life.

Like Valinor or SWEDEMEDNWNEDLDNEAM? Or in my case, Encore?

#2641 2 years ago

thenotrashcougar fyi, not sure if someone else caught this one but there were a couple typos in the game settings (REATOR).

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

wouldn't you need alphanumeric displays for hexadecimal?

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

thenotrashcougar fyi, not sure if someone else caught this one but there were a couple typos in the game settings (REATOR).

On it.

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nope!

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No. You can make A B C D E and F with a seven segment (though the b looks like a six)

#2646 2 years ago

forgot about lowercase trick

Quoted from benheck:

though the b looks like a six

guess you blink the "b" then. blinky b!

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You might be able to see the details without having an account. I'm not sure though. What else do you want to know? Send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to give you details.

Thanks you helped me out with what I needed. Appreciate it.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No. You can make A B C D E and F with a seven segment (though the b looks like a six)

If the numeral six is done with the top segment more like a G, then they would be unique.

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Curious to see if any of the artwork detractor's change opinion after seeing this video. I absolutely love the light show and what it does to the plastics.
This game looks like so much fun!

I was waiting to have an opinion at all until I saw it lit. I totally understand people's dislike / disappointment, especially by the flippers. I think it looks great.

#2650 2 years ago

Just caught the stream. Love the music, art, lightshow and radcore feel.

As a RZ owner, I'm a proud Sppoky supporter and TNA is a tough one to beat for my next game. Go Spooky!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Old Saybrook, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
5,035 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Warsaw, IN
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside