Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 145.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

Scott started the LIONMAN thread, so a game designed by Scott should and will contain many tips o' the hat to said thread and topic. It's not off topic.

#2452 6 years ago

Sooo... Tomorrow is gonna be pretty cool.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hell yeah! Can't wait! Good luck tomorrow guys for an awesome stream!

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hell yeah! Can't wait!

+1

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

allow me to correct the 23 seconds posted in the audits earlier. That 23 seconds was due to a code glitch which included multiball drains, not actual "player turn times".

sorry to hear that info was not correct. so, rewatched the first hour of the SFGE youtube vid and tracked ball times start to finish. mix of player levels at the expo. expect times will be better tomorrow from players familiar with the game.

73 balls : average 35 seconds
10 balls > 1:00
longest ball 1:48
27 balls 20 seconds or less.

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Is the interior side art on the game for the stream tonight?

#2457 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

What do people keep saying lion man?

#2458 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Is the interior side art on the game for the stream tonight?

When I visited a couple nights ago it was installed on the prototype. So... good chance they haven't changed it.

In my opinion the spooky inner art is a good complement to the RGB lightning. Anything too loud might take away from the dramatic color changing. A mirror might blur the effect also.

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

People are saying LIONMAN.

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

People are saying LIONMAN.

Swords of fury.

#2461 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

it mainly has to do with this

Lionman! (resized).PNGLionman! (resized).PNG

#2462 6 years ago

can someone post (again I'm sure) the livestream info? Thanks

#2463 6 years ago

Although I've been really, really interested in getting this game the short ball times worry me. I don't like brutally difficult games. Are there adjustments on the game to make it less difficult?

It sounds like this game also shines as a multiplayer game but I play by myself 98% of the time. Will this be enjoyable as a single player game?

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Although I've been really, really interested in getting this game the short ball times worry me. I don't like brutally difficult games. Are there adjustments on the game to make it less difficult?
It sounds like this game also shines as a multiplayer game but I play by myself 98% of the time. Will this be enjoyable as a single player game?

I think extending ball saver times will be your friend if draining worries you. I'm sure outlanes will be adjustable too. I've also found that playing more difficult games makes you a better player overall, so I'm totally looking forward to "upping my game" when we can finally get this!

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Guys, this is the best of '80s pinball brought into the 21st century. If your basis for pinball is DMD or newer you need to put yourself into a different mindset. TNA is the best of Flash Gordon, Centaur, etc. mixed with the best of modern day pinball. Simple in concept but difficult to master. Playing it at SFGE left me frustrated, yet walking away I wanted to come back for more. Play one, and you'll understand.....

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

can someone post (again I'm sure) the livestream info? Thanks

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Today at 5 pm CDT from the Spooky factory.

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I typically like to get my games to ~3min average game time and step #1 is increase ball saver (so the casuals dont feel jipped). Step #2 is to look at the data and slightly tighten up out lanes to balance (i.e. if lots of left drains then tighten it up)

I usually hate messing with default settings, but ball save times ok. if the game still has incredibly low game times then yeah I guess tightening the outlanes would be the next step.

I had one game set on super easy, not sure how it got that way. I switched it back & few days later it was back on super easy, I switched it back once again. a few days later it was back on easy so I changed the locks to get rid of the crappier wafer lock, no more super easy. no money missing that I could tell, but someone wanted to play the game real bad on the easy settings. personally I don't understand wanting to play a game that's already pretty easy on easy settings, but to each their own. The game was MMR.

Still wasn't able to verify if someone was actually getting into the cab somehow or if it was just a game glitch. It hasn't happened since but who knows.

#2468 6 years ago

I'm curious about the interior art, too. Any chance better pics could be shown?

#2469 6 years ago

I have a constructive suggestion for Scott. Just throwing it out there...

One of the things I love about early 80s SS machines are the squawk n talk boards, and the use of those awesome synthesized "robotic voice" callouts on classics like Flash Gordon, Centaur, EBD, Fathom, Medusa, Embryon, etc etc. I mean is 1980 the best year in pinball or what? Sound is such an important part of what makes these games so killer.

I'm not sure if you've set the callout voices for TNA in stone yet, but some robotic voice callouts would certainly fit this theme, especially for reactor startup/destruction & multiball callouts. It would also be a nice nod to the past, as TNA certainly captures the spirt of those old 80s Bally classics.

Don't get me wrong, female voices are cool, but IMO robot voices are better

Looking forward to tonight's stream!

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

female robots == best

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I have a constructive suggestion for Scott. Just throwing it out there...
One of the things I love about early 80s SS machines are the squawk n talk boards, and the use of those awesome synthesized "robotic voice" callouts on classics like Flash Gordon, Centaur, EBD, Fathom, Medusa, Embryon, etc etc. I mean is 1980 the best year in pinball or what? Sound is such an important part of what makes these games so killer.
I'm not sure if you've set the callout voices for TNA in stone yet, but some robotic voice callouts would certainly fit this theme, especially for reactor startup/destruction & multiball callouts. It would also be a nice nod to the past, as TNA certainly captures the spirt of those old 80s Bally classics.
Looking forward to tonight's stream!

I do enjoy playing centaur and hearing that kind of retro voice, but I think I only appreciate it because of the true nostalgia as it is a game from that time. I much prefer the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 sort of voice.. plus it's like.. what did he say.. "so fart?" "slow aren't you?"

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Awesome thanks. Will it be recorded? I cant view at that time...

#2473 6 years ago

Awesome thanks. Will it be recorded? I cant view at that time...

It will archived on twitch to view at anytime. Jack normally has it uploaded to YouTube within a few days as well.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I predict they are going to sell some more TNA's tonight. I will also go out on a limb and say they are going to sell a bunch of Jetson's tonight after the stream. My 2 cents.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

This might not be the game for you.

On the other hand, you might discover that you love it!

Ideally you'd wait to play one yourself first before making a decision, and that's what I recommend. But if you're looking for opinions then I'd say this:

These old school solid state style games are often hard. They don't have easy ramp shots that return cleanly to the flipper, there's more random ball action, and TNA is definitely going to be fast.

But that's really the point.

If you play one of the easier solid states you'll find that you're getting bored pretty quickly. The fun is in the ball times being short and brutal more often than not, but then when you get something going, you're destroying reactors or building your multiplier or hitting the inline drops and locking balls then it's really satisfying.

You're controlling chaos for a little bit, it's the opposite of comboing ramps over and over, but it still provides that same feeling of owning the machine.

I'm much more impressed when I see someone playing a great game of Flash Gordon than I am seeing someone getting the combo multiball on Spider-Man. (Only person I've seen get combo multiball (iirc it's after 50 combos) was Jim Belsito, and it was during league play, his long ass game screwed up the whole tournament, everyone was waiting to either play Spider-Man later in their pool, or for people in his pool to be free. Belsito is a really great guy, love seeing him, glad he doesn't show up to league often. )

What I particularly love about this style of game, and the reason why I personally recommend everyone have at least one game like this in their collection, is you can have some satisfying games in a pretty short amount of time. Got an afternoon? Great, keep hitting start, it can be addictive to try and get further. Short on time? No worries, you can flip a couple good games and walk away.

And of course if you're playing with friends that goes double, the ball times are short, you're all getting a chance to participate, no standing around waiting for someone to finish yet another multiball.

Think of the era, the early 80s, and what arcade games were like then too. Same principle, damn hard, somewhat simple, but fun and addictive. The classics have endured and still get played today. Don't be scared of the brutal, embrace it.

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Proof of this is a local arcade has 17 games.
Seawitch is .25 a play versus Met premium at .50 a play
Seawitch makes more money than Met in a week.

But also more wear and tear on that game at a cheaper price... so more maintenance and repairs.... so it would balance out over time

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I predict they are going to sell some more TNA's tonight. I will also go out on a limb and say they are going to sell a bunch of Jetson's tonight after the stream. My 2 cents.

I think you're right with both those statements. However I think the larger push of orders will happen once these things start making into some arcades and houses.

I for one have never had the opportunity to play this machine but it looks awesome and gets rave reviews everywhere it's been. For these reasons alone I'm ready to slap cash down on this. Just not yet. I'm gonna wait until one pops up within a few hours drive then go play the hell out of it.

#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't be scared of the brutal, embrace it.

Well said Aurich. With FG, IM and now TNA in my collection, I must be a glutton for punishment. But that's what keeps me hitting the start button, and makes me a better player

#2479 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Will this be recorded and playable later on my own time?

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Will this be recorded and playable later on my own time?

Yes it should be. Probably on YT too

#2481 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I think you're right with both those statements. However I think the larger push of orders will happen once these things start making into some arcades and houses.
I for one have never had the opportunity to play this machine but it looks awesome and gets rave reviews everywhere it's been. For these reasons alone I'm ready to slap cash down on this. Just not yet. I'm gonna wait until one pops up within a few hours drive then go play the hell out of it.

Main Street Amusements will have one for sure as they have already sent deposit so Lafayette is about 2.5 hours from you. We have league on Tuesday's and a monthly tournament on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. We have at least one person that has been in regular attendance from the Ft. Wayne area.

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Main Street Amusements will have one for sure as they have already sent deposit so Lafayette is about 2.5 hours from you. We have league on Tuesday's and a monthly tournament on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. We have at least one person that has been in regular attendance from the Ft. Wayne area.

That's awesome! I've been wanting to come down there at some point just haven't been able to find the time. Let me know when that machine shows up and you can GUARANTEE next available day I have I'll be there.

The Fort Wayne area is hurting on location pinball. A couple places to play but not many.

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

That's awesome! I've been wanting to come down there at some point just haven't been able to find the time. Let me know when that machine shows up and you can GUARANTEE next available day I have I'll be there.
The Fort Wayne area is hurting on location pinball. A couple places to play but not many.

Main Street has about 30 games, I have 6 in town at a bowling alley, and then Bud has about 6 last I knew at a brewery in Indy. They are spreading.

#2484 6 years ago

Denver is literally turning into a city where every pizza shop, bar and cool hangout has at least 2-3 pinballs... with 1up now around 50! If you ever wanna feel like you've gone back in time of when pinball was huge, it's a good place to experience it I for sure missed it and love that's it's now so widely sought after...

#2485 6 years ago

I'm just excited how easy this is gonna be to shop out! Open playfield and one pop?! Hours, not days...

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'm just excited how easy this is gonna be to shop out! Open playfield and one pop?! Hours, not days...

just maintenance in general. no bash toys, no subways, no upper playfields, just loads and loads of fun!

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the loss of the footage is unfortunate because scott scored 2.4M in a game

If that's true, it really sucks. I was looking for that game a while back and couldn't find it.

#2488 6 years ago

looks like livestream is cancelled tonight?

#2489 6 years ago

looks like livestream is cancelled tonight?

5pm Central - they just posted on FB that they're getting ready.

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

5pm Central - they just posted on FB that they're getting ready.

Ah my bad. I read this and didnt realize it was from July:

"Update on tonight's Jetsons stream. ‬

‪I woke up with a 102 degree fever and am dizzy AF. The show will be rescheduled asap. ‬

‪Back to sleep. ‬"

#2491 6 years ago

Hope they have the Elroy loop dialed in tonight.

elroy (resized).jpgelroy (resized).jpg

#2492 6 years ago

Party on dudes

#2493 6 years ago

Watching the stream - the light show on this pin is very well done.

#2494 6 years ago

great stream tonight, I'm really excited to be in on this one.

#2495 6 years ago

Game looks much better with the new art and lighting!

#2496 6 years ago

Awesome game, I love the light show and music so much.

#2497 6 years ago

I just ordered one in the 4th batch = early 2018

I am deciding if I should get the painted cabinet or decal.

#2498 6 years ago

Please keep buying these! I want to order one later next year. Haha

#2499 6 years ago

TNA LIONMAN!

20170817_200128 (resized).jpg20170817_200128 (resized).jpg

#2500 6 years ago

Game looks so cool!!!! Can't wait to get one!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.