Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 145.
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The correct answer is a dollar ... on the glass, 4 player game, winner takes the dollars.

This! It was really cool listening to Scott's interview on C2C podcast, hearing him describe how he wanted to create a new pin that was tailored toward playing dollar games with his friends.

#2402 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Just confirmed with Scott and Jack Danger... should be a blast as always!

Please have Jack update the name of the game on screen when you switch so we'll be able to tell if the game being played is Jetsons or annihilation. Thanks.

#2403 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Please have Jack update the name of the game on screen when you switch so we'll be able to tell if the game being played is Jetsons or annihilation. Thanks.

Should be able to tell fairly quickly by looking at the PF. TNA and Jetsons are nowhere similar.

#2404 6 years ago

Looking forward to the deadflip stream. I'll catch a little of it once it's on you tube. I'm most interested to see how fast the game is. The whitewood played pretty fast and Spooky's playfields tend to be crazy fast based on AMH, RZ, and Domino's. I bet this thing is going to be brutal.

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looking forward to the deadflip stream. I'll catch a little of it once it's on you tube. I'm most interested to see how fast the game is. The whitewood played pretty fast and Spooky's playfields tend to be crazy fast based on AMH, RZ, and Domino's. I bet this thing is going to be brutal.

I feel nothing was lost in clearcoat. But not any more brutal. The ball does get some killer English and does fly around. In a dozen games it popped over the flipper or outlane plastic a couple times. Should calm a bit once broke in like the white wood. Or put a small spacers below the outlane plastic if it bothers you. At least there's no cheap pop metal outlane dividers. @&$"

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Should calm a bit once broke in like the white wood.

When my Tron LE was new it played like the laws of physics don't exist, but eventually it settled down. Great fast games usually play a little crazy fresh out of the box. I consider it a feature.

#2407 6 years ago

Getting some confusion on this whole "build 50 at a time" thing... this means Spooky BUYS / BUILDS 50 at a time. Doesn't mean if you are game #201 we have to sell 49 more before we build yours.

There will be no gap in production times, everyone that wants a game will get one. When sales slow, we'll do a "last call" and build a final batch of 50. When will that occur? Hopefully in 2035.

#2408 6 years ago

Getting some confusion on this whole "build 50 at a time" thing... this means Spooky BUYS / BUILDS 50 at a time. Doesn't mean if you are game #201 we have to sell 49 more before we build yours.
There will be no gap in production times, everyone that wants a game will get one. When sales slow, we'll do a "last call" and build a final batch of 50. When will that occur? Hopefully in 2035.

Fantastic stuff

#2409 6 years ago

If you build it, they will come

#2410 6 years ago

This gives me hope. That I should have time to get a chance to play the game AND send a check to reserve my spot

#2411 6 years ago

So, can you tell us how many have been ordered so far? Thanks and congrats!

#2412 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So, can you tell us how many have been ordered so far? Thanks and congrats!

a couple of guys have reported that their numbers are in the 100's, so that puts new people into the 3 or possibly 4th batch.

#2413 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Pricing that makes sense to me on location for TNA:
5 balls for $1

This is an excellent point, I've always run my classic Ballys on 5 balls. With the short and brutal games it works well, and it gives the better feeling of value for your money.

#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you build it, they will come

Indeed.

IMG_6084 (resized).JPGIMG_6084 (resized).JPG

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So, can you tell us how many have been ordered so far?

It officially past AMH as our 2nd best selling game of all time earlier today. Long way to catch RZ, but never say never! I think the initial sales will slow soon and pick up again as this gets out there. Playing it is the games BEST selling point!

Nice to finally be in a position to be able to let a game like this run. Wasn't an option just a couple years ago. Growth is good!

#2416 6 years ago

It officially past AMH as our 2nd best selling game of all time earlier today. Long way to catch RZ, but never say never! I think the initial sales will slow soon and pick up again as this gets out there. Playing it is the games BEST selling point!
Nice to finally be in a position to be able to let a game like this run. Wasn't an option just a couple years ago. Growth is good!

You're more awesome then Scott Danesi and Banger what's his name!!

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Jay

#2418 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Banger what's his name!!

Lionman!

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

NOBODY is more awesomer than Scott Danesi. Also, LIONMAN! Because, LIONMAN!

#2420 6 years ago

I think the initial sales will slow soon and pick up again as this gets out there. Playing it is the games BEST selling point!

Is there a chance for a demo TNA to make it to one of the west coast shows , possibly the Golden State Pinball Festival ( May 2018 )?

#2421 6 years ago

SpookyCharlie - if i heard correctly on one of the podcasts, Scott Danesi said TNA *won't* be at Expo? Is that correct? That was the main reason I was going!

#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Should be able to tell fairly quickly by looking at the PF. TNA and Jetsons are nowhere similar.

I was making a hilarious joke.

#2423 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Is there a chance for a demo TNA to make it to one of the west coast shows , possibly the Golden State Pinball Festival ( May 2018 )?

I would be willing to bet there will be one there as some will be delivered before 2018.

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

spookycharlie - if i heard correctly on one of the podcasts, Scott Danesi said TNA *won't* be at Expo? Is that correct? That was the main reason I was going!

Expo isn't the place to be like it used to be, been building towards this for years now.

I believe it will be at Pinball Life's party instead, so just do that!

#2425 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

spookycharlie - if i heard correctly on one of the podcasts, Scott Danesi said TNA *won't* be at Expo? Is that correct? That was the main reason I was going!

They said it'll be at the Pinball Life open house.

Yet another reason to go visit Terry, Scott, Margaret and the awesome team at Pinball Life!

rd

#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Scott Danesi said TNA *won't* be at Expo?

Hop on over to the Pinball Life open house! TnA will be there tearing it up for 2 whole days during Expo. Get some great deals, eat some snacks, play a s**t ton of pinball.

#2427 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

How about Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo! Sept. 22nd. Get that proto game there! Make it happen! Put it in the tournament!!!

#2428 6 years ago

Hop on over to the Pinball Life open house! TnA will be there tearing it up for 2 whole days during Expo. Get some great deals, eat some snacks, play a s**t ton of pinball.

When is it? I would love to meet the people sending me all the parts I order!

#2429 6 years ago

What style flipper assemblies are being used on TNA? True to it's era, System 11'ish?

#2430 6 years ago

Does Spooky do factory tours? I was just watching the Spooky documentary and thought I'd see where Benton was on the map. Turns out I've been very close to Benton on several occasions and I only live about an hour away. I'd love to come see TNA in person.

#2431 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

What style flipper assemblies are being used on TNA? True to it's era, System 11'ish?

Yes, want to know this too!

Also, I'm building my gameroom right now, I can buy TNA, but not until my gr is done! The suspense is already driving me crazy, I'll have to place my order next year... NEXT YEAR!!! That's TOO long!!!

#2432 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Does Spooky do factory tours? I was just watching the Spooky documentary and thought I'd see where Benton was on the map. Turns out I've been very close to Benton on several occasions and I only live about an hour away. I'd love to come see TNA in person.

Just email Charlie. He's a super nice dude.

#2433 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's era is today, fam. It's got modern flippers.

#2434 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's era is today, fam. It's got modern flippers.

Hopefully not "modern" Stern single wrap coils though.

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hopefully not "modern" Stern single wrap coils though.

if it is like the past Spooky Games, then it will be the Bally/Williams WPC era style. same ones that were used in AMH and RZ. Also, the same ones that are used in JJP games. Why? because they work well, no need to redesign something that works well.

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Question for those that will be operating a TnA, what pricing do you plan to use?

I was thinking the same as my ironman vault 1-.75 & 3-$2 & 10 -$5. with the payrange reward buy 7 get 1.
all my newer machines are 1-$1, 3-$2 (ie GB, MMR, AFMR, GOT)
my older machine 1-.75, 4-$2 ( I.E. NGG, CP)
both with payrange rewards. I don't advertise the discount with payrange on the machine, lot of people still use it.

I bought a TOM last year fixed it up. With base and fix up cost It basically comes to the same price as a NIB. I was thinking of doing the same pricing as NIB. Ball times are extremely long for decent players, which is great, but that means more maintenance.

Some others do 3 - $1, but the machines usually are pretty nasty. Plus at that rate you'd never get to bring anything in new, much less buy the parts to maintain the current machines.

I don't think making things easier is better, just make it a bit cheaper. Then the sting won't hurt as bad when their game is over in a minute.

#2437 6 years ago

I don't operate but TNA with ball times so short, I think I read they are less then 30 seconds on average. $1 a game might be a tough sale. You just might make more at .75 or even .50 a game. Can't hurt to start at $1 though and if you notice a pull back of play lower the price. Just thinking from a player standpoint of operated games. I view TNA as a different experience then some of the other games set at $1, such as new Sterns, JJP's, or the remakes.

#2438 6 years ago

Is TnA really ball times of 30seconds on average?

I am excited to get a game and see the data.
I typically like to get my games to ~3min average game time and step #1 is increase ball saver (so the casuals dont feel jipped). Step #2 is to look at the data and slightly tighten up out lanes to balance (i.e. if lots of left drains then tighten it up)

I find that usually those 2 things will help get any game close the the norm of ~180 sec game time (I am less concerned with ball time and more with the whole game time).

IME this is the important aspect for routing games. Games that are too tough are not fun and people walk away. Games that are too easy get boring for some and they walk away; also creates more wear/maintainence and tips the equation further away from making it remotely reasonable to route games for the fun factor.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is TnA really ball times of 30seconds on average?
I am excited to get a game and see the data.

Scott provided a dump of some stats from the May 12 twitch/dead flip stream. Jack never moved it over to youtube like he did for the first two. it isn't available anymore on the twitch/dead flip site. it appears that footage is lost/gone; one to two hours worth. scott did reveal the backglass on that episode. at the time, there wasn't much new/different regarding the actual gameplay. scott mentioned that spooky recommended adding a 'mystery' feature to game, which he did.
the loss of the footage is unfortunate because scott scored 2.4M in a game where he destroyed 4 reactors and almost a fifth. i suspect the ball times were longer than usual given the scores, yet the stats still show 23 seconds.

as for pricing, i'm in the 5 balls/$1 camp. its definitely going to be a quick game timewise for most people, and i believe the actual gameplay isn't going to appeal the masses either. even adding perceived value in the pricing may not be good enough. best of luck though. i'm sure reports will be coming in letting us know how it fares. HUO where one can just keep pressing start again and again without having to pony up $1 each time is where this game will find its calling.

stats per www.scottdanesi.com

The version of the backglass shown last night on the Dead Flip stream was a version without cutouts for score displays. We made this one first in case we could not use these displays in production, but I fully expect them not to be cut out of the production game.

Here are the audits from the game from last night. Pretty cool stuff!

Audits:
– Avg Ball Time: ‘0:23’
– Avg Extra Balls: 0 #This is not working yet…
– Avg Game Time: ‘3:33’ [believe this is for all players dealt in, divide by 4 if everyone played = under 1:00]
– Avg Score: 292014
– Ball Lock Attempts: 243
– Ball Locks: 238
– Ball Search Started: 0
– Balls Played: 307
– Drains Left: 133
– Drains Right: 154
– Games Played: 99 ***
– Games Started: 32
– Jackpot Total: 15,
– Lane Save Awards: 148
– Multiball Started: 110 [one per game]
– Reactor Destroyed Total: 54 [1/2 per game]
– Reactor Started Total: 115
– Skillshot Regular: 99
– Skillshot Super: 28
– Tilt Dangers: 39
– Tilt Total: 1
– Total Annihilations: 0
BallsaveHighScoreData:
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 22:42:32 2017’, inits: SCOTT D, score: 8}
BumperHighScoreData:
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 18:29:07 2017’, inits: SPOOOOKY, score: 56}
ClassicHighScores:
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 22:42:32 2017’, inits: SCOTT D, score: 2411950.0}
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 18:29:07 2017’, inits: DEADYANCY, score: 1620350.0}
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 21:47:25 2017’, inits: FUMBLE, score: 1397800.0}
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 18:29:07 2017’, inits: SPOOOOKY, score: 1203000.0}
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 21:20:17 2017’, inits: BUTTS, score: 1164100.0}
LoopsHighScoreData:
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 17:16:51 2017’, inits: D EAD, score: 7}
SpinnerHighScoreData:
– {date: ‘Fri May 12 22:42:32 2017’, inits: SCOTT D, score: 415}

#2440 6 years ago

Wow, :23 seconds seems really low. I'm not a good player and it seemed like my average would have been quite a bit beyond that. It felt like there was a pretty generous ball both initially and during multiball. Then again, I guess sometimes you'd have those quick drains...so I'm sure that averages out.

#2441 6 years ago

definitely a different beast to play with on route to make sure it is fair.

I love that aspect of sharing games on route, esp new stuff. Always fun to look at the real world data and make adjustments to fit my ideas of what makes for a good playing pin.

Quoted from greenhornet:

HUO where one can just keep pressing start again and again without having to pony up $1 each time is where this game will find its calling.

Curious if you play on route often? I ask because from what I see on route and the behavior of route players (casuals esp) this game may really draw them in. Casuals tend to crowd around a game and really feed off physical nature of it. They dont fret over $1 per play when playing nice games that cost 6k. In general spending $20 on a few drinks and a night of pinball out with some friends is cheap entertainment to most.

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

How about Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo! Sept. 22nd. Get that proto game there! Make it happen! Put it in the tournament!!!

No, don't put it in the tourney...I hate it when rare games (which is what TNA is right now) are in tourney's and you can't get to play the game. But yes, please bring it to the Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo!

#2443 6 years ago

NOBODY is more awesomer than Scott Danesi. Also, LIONMAN! Because, LIONMAN

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

#2444 6 years ago

I think we are allowed to talk about LIONMAN! in this thread since this game actually contains a LIONMAN! in the art, correct?

#2445 6 years ago

LIONMAN speaking of the art.
Is the guards face above the doorway on the backglass a likeness to anyone?

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wow, :23 seconds seems really low. I'm not a good player and it seemed like my average would have been quite a bit beyond that. It felt like there was a pretty generous ball both initially and during multiball. Then again, I guess sometimes you'd have those quick drains...so I'm sure that averages out.

Okay, allow me to correct the 23 seconds posted in the audits earlier. That 23 seconds was due to a code glitch which included multiball drains, not actual "player turn times". We will be re-running audits on tomorrow's stream to get a good idea of "non development" player ball times without factoring in drains during multiball. It will be a bit higher.

#2447 6 years ago

Well I'm officially a first time Spooky customer! Sent my deposit check in the mail today, looks like I'm in batch #3

I'm a huge early SS fan, I love brutal gameplay, and it was just love at first sight when I first saw TNA. This is the modern/classic hybrid I've been dreaming about for years. Love the gameplay, the lighting, the art, the theme and especially the music. Thanks for bringing this dream to fruition Scott & Spooky! Can't wait

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think we are allowed to talk about LIONMAN! in this thread since this game actually contains a LIONMAN! in the art, correct?

I haven't been following this thread all that closely till this week. If the other mods or robin said it was fine then it's certainly fine with me. Where in the art is likeness (just for my own edification)?

#2449 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I haven't been following this thread all that closely till this week. If the other mods or robin said it was fine then it's certainly fine with me. Where in the art is likeness (just for my own edification)?

There is a Lionman movie poster on the backglass .

#2450 6 years ago

30 mins left to wish Charlie a happy birthday!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/49?hl=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.