Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 145.
#2301 6 years ago

I'm epically jealous of you all.

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I don't know my official number but I do know I am in batch 3 (so assuming they passed the 100 machine mark).

that definately means they are beyond 100! Congrats team Spooky.

I still bet they sell over 300 easy. As people get to play this game and as Scott continues to refine and add, others will see the light

#2303 6 years ago

I'm literally chomping at the bit to call and place an order. Unfortunately I need to let everyone else jump in line so I can have time to stack cash.

I've never played the game but damn it looks good.

#2304 6 years ago

I too am hoping the ordering period lasts long enough for me to figure out how to fund one.

#2305 6 years ago

Placed my order this morning, really looking forward to this one!

#2306 6 years ago

Looking forward to gameplay videos of the actual production machine!

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm literally chomping at the bit to call and place an order. Unfortunately I need to let everyone else jump in line so I can have time to stack cash.
I've never played the game but damn it looks good.

I'm envious of how blown away you're going to be, opening that box to play it for the first time. The speed, the music, the lightshow... buckle up.

#2308 6 years ago

Pardon never played it, but I hear some people say it's like an updated EM.

Can someone confirm or deny that for me? I am not that much of an EM player so I don't really have any firm feel for who they play. Do know WNBJM how that plays, doesn't look or sound anything like TNA.

At worst TNA is a hybrid it's got modern technology like LCD, fast kick out scoop, lighting and sound effects unlike any EM.

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone confirm or deny that for me? I am not that much of an EM player so I don't really have any firm feel for who they play. Do know WNBJM how that plays, doesn't look or sound anything like TNA.
At worst TNA is a hybrid it's got modern technology like LCD, fast kick out scoop, lighting and sound effects unlike any EM.

To me it is much more like an updated firepower more than it is an EM.

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't think it plays anything like an EM. EMs tended to be much slower and almost no concept of completing phases. It does play a lot like a 1980s game on steroids (which was the idea). You have simple objectives that are darn hard to accomplish. Then you have this blazing speed that wasn't available with the hardware back then. Add on a spectacular light show, incredible sound and the LCD display.

It's very unique.

So to be fair, I have played the game and like it, but I haven't placed an order yet. I totally intend to order, but as a few others have said, I need the timeframe to spread out a bit because I am very interested in Alice Cooper too (which is limited to 500). I may be sleeping under the pinballs if two more showed up this year...

#2311 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I dunno who said that, but they either haven't played it either, or haven't ever played an EM. Zero relationship aside from "hitting a ball with flippers at stuff".

I think some people with more limited experience playing different eras of pinball think anything that doesn't have ramps is all lumped into the same category. TNA has much more in common with your Iron Man than it does any EM ever made.

#2312 6 years ago

TA is nothing like an EM.

#2313 6 years ago

Sorry got mixed up, should have said early SS pin like from the early 80s.

I must confess that I have not played anything from the early 80s in a long time.

#2314 6 years ago

#112 coming to The Sanctum. Big party when it shows up. Jukebox will be turned off for the night for sure!

-Jim

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

more closely related in game play like a modernized classic Bally.

Think class of 79-82 era but 8x faster and modernized approach.

Centaur, Frontier, Flash Gordon, Skateball, Etc...

Better yet, just go play one (preferrably with a few buddies as a 4 player game) and then get an idea if you dig it. Best part about teh unlimited run of 50 at a time is you have no stress to find out if you want in (at least no stress for the near future; maybe some stress when they give a last call)

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more closely related in game play like a modernized classic Bally.
Think class of 79-82 era but 8x faster and modernized approach.
Centaur, Frontier, Flash Gordon, Skateball, Etc...
Better yet, just go play one (preferrably with a few buddies as a 4 player game) and then get an idea if you dig it. Best part about teh unlimited run of 50 at a time is you have no stress to find out if you want in (at least no stress for the near future; maybe some stress when they give a last call)

Most guys I know or location have modern pins.

Likely I'll play TNA at a convention.

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this IS a modern pin. With the amount of spooky games that are often found on route and where you live, I am sure there will be one on location within a few hours drive in the coming months/when first 50 go out.

#2318 6 years ago

I'm in the 3rd run at #107. Got busy yesterday and was unable to pull the trigger until first thing this morning. Hopefully have it by Christmas but not counting on it depending on when production actually starts (Spooky says 10-12 per week production).

#2319 6 years ago

It's so awesome to see this game selling like crazy, it's a really, really good game.

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry got mixed up, should have said early SS pin like from the early 80s.
I must confess that I have not played anything from the early 80s in a long time.

Ah, yes, that's entirely accurate, since the whole idea of the game was to take the feel of those 1980 solid states and build a modern version of it.

I'm a fan of modern games. I'm a fan of 1980 Ballys. You can definitely like both.

But I think TNA will be a much more appealing game to people who aren't already fans of the older games. It has the modern bells and whistles you're used to, just the spirit of the old play. High quality sound, RGB lighting, LCD display, clear coated playfield, warranty support from a non-dead company, all that good stuff.

If you're not sure then wait to play one. Or wait for more video on the final game, it's coming.

#2321 6 years ago

Game is a blast. My non-pin playing son who couldn't care less about pinball says TNA is the most fun he's ever had playing pinball when we were at SFGE. He's very excited and has been talking TNA up to his brother.

That is pretty telling when you look at the other pinball offerings I currently have in my lineup and at my history.

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I may be sleeping under the pinballs if two more showed up this year...

Shoudl've full restored Future Spa and sold it to me...

#2323 6 years ago

oh lordy I just heard I'm #29 or somewhere right around that number. Wheeeeeeee..... pinball!

#2324 6 years ago

All emails have been sent to EVERYONE on all lists... Kayte is still getting swamped, but if you want to reach out to her, sales are now wide open.

Still shocked on how this is going over... but glad it's being embraced as well as it is!!! Oh, and Scott Danesi is awesome.

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Oh, and Scott Danesi is awesome.

Look up awesome in the dictionary. You'll simply find a picture of Scott.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

All emails have been sent to EVERYONE on all lists... Kayte is still getting swamped, but if you want to reach out to her, sales are now wide open.
Still shocked on how this is going over... but glad it's being embraced as well as it is!!! Oh, and Scott Danesi is awesome.

I'm in for the big win, but I really want to know who won the pool.

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm in for the big win, but I really want to know who won the pool.

Gonna be me

#2328 6 years ago

What do y'all think about the painted cabinets or decals?

#2329 6 years ago

Everything Scott knows about being awesome, he learned from Jay.

#2330 6 years ago

Congrats to Scott and Charlie. You guys really hit this one outta the park.
Wally

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do y'all think about the painted cabinets or decals?

It all depends on what you want the game to look like or whether you care or not. I'm in for the "butter" cabinet because that's just me. You really need to see it in person to appreciate how nice it looks.

Are a few pics of a FT cabinet that was made the same way.

IMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPG

IMG_2502 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG

IMG_2518 (resized).JPGIMG_2518 (resized).JPG

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It all depends on what you want the game to look like or whether you care or not. I'm in for the "butter" cabinet because that's just me. You really need to see it in person to appreciate how nice it looks.
Are a few pics of a FT cabinet that was made the same way.

I saw that FT when you had it at MGC a few years back...my gosh is it purdy as hell

#2333 6 years ago

Can the game be turned on and off from a timer? That's how most of my machines are turned on and off on location and seeing as this is a computer/P-roc thing I need to make sure it can handle that.

#2334 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I saw that FT when you had it at MGC a few years back...my gosh is it purdy as hell

This actually a second one. The one at MGC went to my buddy. There are only two.

#2335 6 years ago

I'm sure the butter cab is amazing but just not worth $1000 to me personally.

Also, any thoughts on the side art? I'm leaning towards NOT getting the side art but getting the shaker/knocker/protectors.

Side art might be cool but my thought is that mirror blades on this might be amazing. Any thoughts on this? Anyone seen the side art in person?

Not even sure this pin needs a shaker but I love shakers and I imagine this shaker will be amazing.

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Can the game be turned on and off from a timer? That's how most of my machines are turned on and off on location and seeing as this is a computer/P-roc thing I need to make sure it can handle that.

Yes the system is an embedded setup, so you can power it off and on just like your other machines.

#2337 6 years ago

I'm in. Think I am in batch 3 as well. Super excited.

#2338 6 years ago

I just ordered an hour or so ago. I'm in batch 3! This will be my first NIB pinball machine!

#2339 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked but what is the shipping costs through Spooky for CONUS? Does $5995 include shipping? Wishful thinking...

Thanks!
DSL

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Sorry if this has been asked but what is the shipping costs through Spooky for CONUS? Does $5995 include shipping? Wishful thinking...
Thanks!
DSL

They charge you actual shipping cost so it depends on how far away you are from Benton, WI.

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They charge you actual shipping cost so it depends on how far away you are from Benton, WI.

pretty reasonable shipping charges from what I have heard.

#2342 6 years ago

In the past $330 is what I paid for shipping on AMH

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You need to socialize with us more... plenty of locals in the area with mixed collections. A guy in woodbine near you actually has like 30 games with only a handful being DMDs SS is the new black..

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Also, any thoughts on the side art? I'm leaning towards NOT getting the side art but getting the shaker/knocker/protectors.
Side art might be cool but my thought is that mirror blades on this might be amazing. Any thoughts on this? Anyone seen the side art in person?.

I'm not sold on the side art yet I need to see more pictures first. I do think mirror blades would look good but I don't have any side art on any of my other games so might just leave it. Too busy trying to keep track of the damn ball on this game anyway

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Yes the system is an embedded setup, so you can power it off and on just like your other machines.

Cool, thanks.

#2346 6 years ago

this game looks fantastic

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

SS is the new black..

all roads lead to Bally

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all roads lead to Bally

Like I said to someone last week, SS is where it's at!!

rd

IMG_6442 (resized).JPGIMG_6442 (resized).JPG

IMG_6445 (resized).JPGIMG_6445 (resized).JPG

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Like I said to someone last week, SS is where it's at!!
rd

I've been on an early SS kick lately. There was so much more unique design elements in those games.

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've been on an early SS kick lately. There was so much more unique design elements in those games.

Not only that, just a really good change from the cookie cutter DMDs that everyone has.

I love my newer games, but in my eyes the SS and SYS11 pins are pure pinball. No ball saves, often no multiball, you have to play them well with good skill and confidence to get anywhere.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/47?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.