Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 145.
#2151 6 years ago

That's not cool, hopefully that is just a mistake? hopefully..

Spooky website is still showing the $5,995 price.

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

That's not cool, hopefully that is just a mistake? hopefully..
Spooky website is still showing the $5,995 price.

I'm sure it's a typo as i don't think spooky would change the price like that. From what i understand it is 7k if you want direct printed cab with clear coat. Which is nice but not worth extra 1000 to me.

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Showing $7000- without explaining the extra $1000- is gonna create a shit storm. Someone from Spooky or Joe needs to get on this and fix it with explanation.
-Mike

Settle down, Mike. It's an error. As soon as people get up on a Sunday morning, they'll take care of it.

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Settle down, Mike. It's an error. As soon as people get up on a Sunday morning, they'll take care of it.

Yes, wait for the OFFICIAL SPOOKY announcement. I'm sure they will be clearing things up shortly

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Showing $7000- without explaining the extra $1000- is gonna create a shit storm. Someone from Spooky or Joe needs to get on this and fix it with explanation.
-Mike

OK grumpy mcgrump face. Settle down. Go take your meds and go back to bed. I'm sure this will be sorted out before you wake up. I know Spooky and Joe consider you priority #1.

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Settle down, Mike.

Look at how many have already questioned the email on a sunday morning and its not even noon yet.
-Mike

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Look at how many have already questioned the email on a sunday morning and its not even noon yet.
-Mike

I will say again, Mike. It's an error. Spooky's official email goes out tomorrow and will have the correct prices.

#2158 6 years ago

Nevermind. Maybe the unofficial email should not have gone out then.
-Mike

#2159 6 years ago

Agreed. Saw this and thought "what the heck?" Glad price still $5995. Might not have bought otherwise. I don't give a rip about the direct printed cab.

#2160 6 years ago

The price is $5,995... you can do some upgrade stuff but a distributor decided to jump the gun and post wrong (or incomplete) info.

8 a.m. central tomorrow previous customers will get the correct info and be able to order... new interested parties will get their info later in the day or Tuesday morning depending on how Kayte can keep up on Monday.

Sorry for the confusion! I had the distributor retract his post. All will be explained tomorrow.

#2161 6 years ago

Thank you Charlie.
-Mike

#2162 6 years ago

Typo in my FB post / email... hit wrong number. It's 5,995 of course as Charlie said my apologies for confusion. Nothing but a typo, argh fat fingers !

#2163 6 years ago

Can we get a gameplay video of this bad boy in action?

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Can we get a gameplay video of this bad boy in action?

There are many videos on YouTube even a few by deadflip, are you looking for something different?

#2165 6 years ago

Not sure why some of you are so quick to get upset. I saw the email this morning and thought that pinball star was likely only going to carry the upgraded trim and direct print model or that it was just a typo. Didn't think another thing about it.

Looking forward to seeing the add on options and out the door price with them tomorrow. Can't wait to get my game.

#2166 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There are many videos on YouTube even a few by deadflip, are you looking for something different?

Yeah I've seen those. Just wanted to see the whole complete package in gameplay. I'm sure some animations have been completed. Also how much faster this thing might play with the cleared playfield. I would think they would wanna show this beast in a gameplay vid to showcase the whole thing.

#2167 6 years ago

Makes sense that it was a simple typo. I wasn't bent out of shape but certainly had a knee jerk surprise reaction when I saw the email today.

Question for Spooky...does the time/date of being put on the interested list have anything to do with a place in line if we go ahead and place the order tomorrow?

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Makes sense that it was a simple typo. I wasn't bent out of shape but certainly had a knee jerk surprise reaction when I saw the email today.
Question for Spooky...does the time/date of being put on the interested list have anything to do with a place in line if we go ahead and place the order tomorrow?

Prob ably

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Typo in my FB post / email... hit wrong number. It's 5,995 of course as Charlie said my apologies for confusion. Nothing but a typo, argh fat fingers !

I'd like to get around December/January not October/November. But I don't want to be waiting too long either.

Would it be better for me to order later in the year?

#2170 6 years ago

I got a 7k quote as well. 1k to ship seemed a bit off. I imagine no more than $6,350-$6,400-

#2171 6 years ago

Did you really get told a 1k to ship? Quote from who? Wanna make sure I don't travel that road.
-Mike

#2172 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I got a 7k quote as well. 1k to ship seemed a bit off. I imagine no more than $6,350-$6,400-

I think I figured where my typo came from I've been so used to quoting Houdini at 7,000 for months my fingers just went there. The TNA game is 6,000. Sorry for confusion, simple error folks. Corrected immediately when notified. : )

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This suggestion is more topical than I would care for right now.

And what are any of us going to do other than laugh about it? Nothing.

Might as well go down turning into mush playing a pinball about it. How meta is that?

#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I think I figured where my typo came from I've been so used to quoting Houdini at 7,000 for months my fingers just went there. The TNA game is 6,000. Sorry for confusion, simple error folks. Corrected immediately when notified. : )

So wait....now Houdini is $6K shipped?? Freaking AWESOME!! Thanks Joe.

#2175 6 years ago

That would be tempting.
-Mike

#2176 6 years ago

You had me at whitewood

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So wait....now Houdini is $6K shipped?? Freaking AWESOME!! Thanks Joe.

Okay, I admit it... I laughed.

#2178 6 years ago

Can i get. Whatever email was sent out a day early from pinballstar please. Since the scoop is out, id like the details pls.

#2179 6 years ago

I'm being super nice to my wife (always a smart move) and going to explain a bit how tomorrow works.

At 8 a.m. central time, emails will go out to existing Spooky customers... $1,000 initial payment holds your spot, NOTHING MORE IS DUE UNTIL YOUR GAME IS DONE!!! Spots are given in the order sales are confirmed. If you want to order but be later in line for whatever reason, no problem... just let us know.

If you aren't sure you want it... WAIT! It will be at shows, it will be at friends homes. Play it, then decide. There will be even more live stream / Jack Danger goodness coming soon. The game is not limited. We'll sell it until demand dwindles then do a "last call". Could be a few months, could be a year. We really have no idea where this game will take us.

Kayte and Squirrel will be on call at 8 a.m. both in email and on the phone... you will get your game number as we confirm your sale (IN ORDER). Please don't ask for specific numbers because it's going to be chaos as it is.

WE LOVE CHECKS!!! Yep, we save money when you use them, and we will hold your spot in line for a couple weeks if you want to do us that favor (many people do this, and THANK YOU!!!). Of course we can do cards as well (including American Express now). PayPal went out the window with Preda... um, reasons beyond our control.

Need to make payments? HECK YEAH! We are flexible and do this ALL THE TIME! Just let Kayte know what you want to do and we'll build / set your game aside until you're ready for it.

New people that have signed up at shows or by email for TnA will be notified either late in the day Monday, or early Tuesday morning depending on how Monday goes. Wednesday, sales are WIDE OPEN TO EVERYBODY!

We do have some early test games already spoken for, so don't get mad if you get in at 8:01 a.m. and find out you are game #8 or something similar. We need early games in friendly hands to help set up for mass production, and basically all pinball companies do this so please don't yell at the gal on the phone.

You will see in the email a complete list of options... just look it over, figure out what suits you, and call / email Kayte to lock your spot in.

I can't begin to describe the pain caused when another company announces a new shiny toy and suddenly a small flood of people back out AFTER you already built or are in the process of building their game. It can destroy a company our size real fast. Every game made is a custom product built to your specifications... PLEASE TREAT IT AS SUCH! If you back out, you will be responsible to find a new buyer. We will help you all we can. We aren't cold heartless monsters, we are a small family owned business. We like it that way, and we hope you do as well. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We have delivered EVERY game we promised, and that's not about to change. There is no magic bucket of money here, YOU ARE THIS COMPANY'S ONLY INVESTORS! When you buy a game, we make it, and the profit is used to make everything we do better. When you see the progress in this game across the entire build, I think you'll see what we mean.

Did I mention don't yell at the gal on the phone?

I guarantee this is not the perfect way to do all this, but it's the best we have to offer right now so please understand we are doing the best we can (and try not to yell at the poor gal on the phone).

We can produce about 10 to 12 games a week, so I hope that helps you figure out time frames for delivery. GAMES WILL SHIP IN 2017!!! REALLY... we promise. Estimated production for the next year is 500 to 600 units.

Everyone at Spooky Pinball LLC can't thank you enough for the excitement on this project. I think Scott thought I was joking at Expo a year ago when I brought up making this game (again). This is completely different than anything out there... it's pinball in the purest, wildest, most exciting form in years. We are blown away by the response, and we really hope we've earned your faith and trust.

If you want something truly different, if nice matters, and if what Spooky is and stands for makes you happy... then I hope you support Total Nuclear Annihilation!!!

Thank you, and Charlie approves this message.

#2180 6 years ago

have you managed to take any more detail/close up pictures?

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can i get. Whatever email was sent out a day early from pinballstar please. Since the scoop is out, id like the details pls

No! Since you get one of the mentioned test games, you know enough already. Can't wait to see it on location in Madison!

#2182 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

have you managed to take any more detail/close up pictures?

In the email blast... we'll move the hi res stuff to our website as soon as it's all out there.

#2183 6 years ago

So excited! Happy to support team spooky and team scott!
I love this game and pumped it is coming so soon!!!

#2184 6 years ago

Is there a write up out there of some of the games rules? Is a story being told in the game? Will there be objective based modes

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is there a write up out there of some of the games rules? Is a story being told in the game? Will there be objective based modes

I feel like you're not really grocking this game, it's not about story and modes, it's about simple objectives that are hard to actually accomplish. It's about fast and furious and ass kicking, and you want more.

Have you spent any time with '80s Bally games? They had a theme, and a vibe, but it wasn't about telling you a story, it was about setting an atmosphere and then letting you loose to try and survive it.

TNA has an LCD screen and modern touches that will elevate it a bit beyond that, but not much, at its core it's still that simple but hard game, and that's the appeal. It's the antithesis to modern Sterns, to the 30 mode JJP games, to the long and detailed journey that Keefer likes to give you.

Ironically I feel like the simple games sometimes have more replay value. I know a lot of people with games like LOTR that they love, but also never actually play. It's just such a huge commitment to fire it up. This is the opposite, pinball that's just fun to play, without needing a free hour, but you can play for that long if you want. Hopefully with some friends!

#2186 6 years ago

I like everything about it except for the bonkers speed.

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I like everything about it except for the bonkers speed.

Wouldn't be as hard or fun without that!

Can't wait to try the cleacoat version, gonna be even more nuts.

Slow solid states with long ball times are boring. When you have a good ball on a hard and fast game it's special and satisfying.

#2188 6 years ago

BTW — I'm not throwing shade at Keefer (one of the best in the game) or LOTR (a classic), just glad we have other options. My collection has been reduced, I devote more space to vids now, but I try and keep a variety of styles.

If you only buy say modern Sterns that's fine, but you're missing out on other ways to play and enjoy pinball.

1980 Ballys aren't for everyone, but a modern take, with the NIB experience and eye candy, just might be what you were missing.

I think this game will do well. But I also hope it does well. Pinball needs games like this to be successful. Imho.

#2189 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like you're not really grocking this game, it's not about story and modes, it's about simple objectives that are hard to actually accomplish. It's about fast and furious and ass kicking, and you want more.
Have you spent any time with '80s Bally games? They had a theme, and a vibe, but it wasn't about telling you a story, it was about setting an atmosphere and then letting you loose to try and survive it.
TNA has an LCD screen and modern touches that will elevate it a bit beyond that, but not much, at its core it's still that simple but hard game, and that's the appeal. It's the antithesis to modern Sterns, to the 30 mode JJP games, to the long and detailed journey that Keefer likes to give you.
Ironically I feel like the simple games sometimes have more replay value. I know a lot of people with games like LOTR that they love, but also never actually play. It's just such a huge commitment to fire it up. This is the opposite, pinball that's just fun to play, without needing a free hour, but you can play for that long if you want. Hopefully with some friends!

Diversity is the spice of life. You need both types of games in your collection - the journey and the bloodbath, they complement each other. I love having Iron Man right by my Star Trek Premium, the different style of play and ball times is great.

#2190 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think this game will do well. But I also hope it does well. Pinball needs games like this to be successful. Imho.

I couldn't agree more. I really wasn't paying attention to this game or thread till last week, but it sure has caught my interest now.

I'm like you and starting to enjoy my brutal games more and more. I can play three or four games of Quicksilver in the time I can play one game of Revenge From Mars, I like that.

Looking forward to learning more about this title.

#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm like you and starting to enjoy my brutal games more and more. I can play three or four games of Quicksilver in the time I can play one game of Revenge From Mars, I like that.

Exactly. And if you have people over to play? Modern style games take too damn long for it. It's boring to wait for your turn. It's rad to have a game you can play 4 people on and people don't wander off during gameplay.

The LCD and light show etc will help people who are watching too. There's more eye candy.

I like social pinball, but the patience required for even a game like my Metallica is a drag. Two players is fine. 4 is playable, but can be trying.

Imho every collection should have at least one game that's fast and simple but hard. And TNA offers all the modern bells and whistles and NIB experience, so if a game from 37 years ago isn't for you I get it, but maybe this is the answer.

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hopefully with some friends!

Wait...you've got to have friends for this game!?

Shit, that may have just left me out lol. I picked up the pinball bug a year ago and have introduced my friends to it at a few parties that i've had. Its interesting to sit back and watch people re-discover pinball and be able to explain rules to them and make them see its more than just random ball slapping.

I've only got a two pin collection thus far and damn do I want this game. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, and is a total ass kicker from the looks of it. Haven't been able to get my paws on it but if I can swindle the Wife into letting me sell other toys for it I just might be in.

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I picked up the pinball bug a year ago and have introduced my friends to it at a few parties that i've had. Its interesting to sit back and watch people re-discover pinball and be able to explain rules to them and make them see its more than just random ball slapping.

I often find modern games difficult to introduce new players to. You can just give them a simple goal, "shoot Sparky" but it's more fun to have them actually playing the whole game, and the depth of a game like Metallica is hard to grasp for new players. Even if they've got natural hand eye coordination and shoot well, they just don't get what to do without some experience. Stacking the lane inserts and tracking progress across multiple features takes practice.

Metallica is also one of my favorite games, have an LE. It's just about balance for me.

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Metallica is also one of my favorite games

I too enjoy Metallica. I one day want one in my collection. Which is where my problems begin. I thought the Wife was gonna have a full on meltdown when I bought RZ when she found out the price and I just received that a couple months ago from Spooky.

Now here comes along TNA and looks freaking AWESOME! Convincing here that buying another $6k toy isn't going to sit well with her. I think i've come to the conclusion that me Fish Tales will probably be hitting the streets sooner than later. I love the game but find myself enjoying the newer games more. But I have also identified other games that I want as well such as TWD and MET. I would probably buy the pro versions of those.

I can sell my FT for probably $2500 and have roughly a $3500 balance left to come up with for TNA or I could add another 1500-1800 and have either TWD or MET. The latter might be an easier argument win potentially. But damn how long is TNA gonna be available. I fell into this trap with RZ as well with only 300 being made. Damn glad I bought one as I really enjoy the brutality of it.

Decisions decisions

#2195 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Decisions decisions

I hear you, limited funds and space force some tough decisions! Think i'm going to let go of my beautiful TOM to free some space and cash for TNA.

SpookyCharlie will there be news regarding an european spooky distributor or options to import in the coming days?

Looking so forward to own this game
Cheers

#2196 6 years ago

Options are very simple and other then the direct print cabinet are very inexpensive. Really looking forward to getting this game. I think this game is going to sell really well at this price point. Going to be a home run for Spooky.

Now on to Alice Cooper!!!!!

#2197 6 years ago

Thanks for the patience!!! We're trying to keep up the best we can right now.

IF YOU ARE A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER AND DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL, LET US KNOW RIGHT AWAY!!! About a dozen (out of hundreds) bounced back as undeliverable.

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

news regarding an european spooky distributor

Yes, we will get this done asap! Talking now...

For Australia, it's Dom & Chris... In New Zealand, it's Rotor Dave... you can email Kayte directly for both countries, and they will coordinate the games for pick up / delivery when the time comes (all will ship together).

Thanks!

#2199 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Options are very simple and other then the direct print cabinet are very inexpensive. Really looking forward to getting this game. I think this game is going to sell really well at this price point. Going to be a home run for Spooky.
Now on to Alice Cooper!!!!!

Can you list the options?

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can you list the options?

Shaker and knocker install $25 (you order the shaker and knocker kit from pinball life and have it shipped to spooky)
Inside cab art $50
Plastic protectors $35
Direct print cabinet $999

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/44?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.