Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm getting confused between bonus and bonus multiplier.

completing the top four inlanes to spell C-O-R-E advances the end of ball bonus multiplier. the current level of multiple is indicated by a solid light at the 2x/3x/4x inserts on the pf. the same 2x and 3x inserts will flash/blink during multiball indicating the playfield scoring multiplier is active; 3x during 3 ball, 2x during 2 ball.

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How are the bonus raised?
When it says 50K does that just add 50K at the end of ball?
What happens after 50K does it use the 2x 3x to add the bonus? I thought those were for PF multipliers.
I'm getting confused between bonus and bonus multiplier.

This is Old School Pinball 101. You should play some EMs and early SS machines to get a feel for how that stuff works. Understanding the past will help you enjoy pinball more, and especially TNA.

#2103 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Is there a link to the live stream?

There's a link to his page, but he didn't save the stream unfortunately. It was mostly him just messing around with his software tweaking one of the songs but it did sound like the 5 tracks were relatively done as he previewed them. They are all very cohesive in that one song doesn't sound completely different than the others, but they are all unique.

#2104 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This is Old School Pinball 101. You should play some EMs and early SS machines to get a feel for how that stuff works. Understanding the past will help you enjoy pinball more, and especially TNA.

I have trouble understanding some of the new pins with complex code as I'm from the ss era.
I find it interesting that people are having trouble with this

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's room for lots of styles in pinball still I think. Nothing wrong with the ridiculously deep Keefer game that relies on color changing lights and LCD clues etc, my issue is I only want one or two of those at any given time. They require so much commitment, I tend to walk past them when I'm not in the mood for a really long game that requires planning and thinking and just a chunk of uninterrupted time.
On the other hand I've owned a handful of great Bally solid states like Flash Gordon, and Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe, Medusa, Mystic, etc, and the ability to just fire them up, play some games, have a good time, and be done has a ton of appeal for me.
It really becomes a factor when you want to play with friends though. 4 player Hobbit or LOTR can be painful. Hell even 4 player Metallica can drag on forever. We can run a 4 player game on my Flash Gordon, set to 5 balls, before someone else has finished their first ball on Metallica if they're having a good one.

LOTR is not even allowed when used in my tournaments or league. Great 1 player game, terrible multiplayer game. But even with that, at least the playfield explains things. You know where the specials are, you know where the locks are, even mode start is labeled.

#2106 6 years ago

I'm planning to add Woz and TNA (when it's available) to my collection, talk about two different types of pins.

Stern are getting the same feel I have ST, SM and AC/DC and you can feel the similarities.

TNA will be the only no ramp pin I've ever owned.

#2107 6 years ago

My first machine that I bought was Taxi in January. My second machine was Gorgar two weeks later. When I needed to make room, it was Taxi that we sold Love me some classic pinball! Can't wait for TNA to bring that back with modern tech. I do have TWD, which I really enjoy, but I won't be adding anymore Sterns in my small 5 slot collection.

#2108 6 years ago

I bought my first machine from Scott (flash). He invited me and my brother in to check out his collection and some of his projects. I was blown away, by both his hospitality and what he was doing with his projects. It was also my first times seeing a collection of that size in a residence.

I'm really excited to buy another game from Scott - this time one he designed. I really respect that he's sticking to his vision on this game. I'm confident this will get the most plays out of any of the games I own.

#2109 6 years ago

I've been doing some soul searching, and reading back through this thread...

I really love this game, I wish it all the success in the world, I hope the whole world has an opportunity to experience this game, and that it helps bring a new generation to pinball in a way others may have not.

I love the backglass, it did have to grow on me, I love the art package, but with that love, I feel as it should have maybe a little more attention. Just my opinion, I've stated this already, I know it doesn't matter what I feel of think.

I feel that the subject of art should be dropped as of now, at least until mods start to surface and others change it as they feel... but none of us have asked what the people who actually designed and worked on the game feel about and think about the art... I know these are almost unspeakable questions, but I'd like to know. If I hear from a designer of a game that he (in this case Scott) loves the art and has a chance to explain, then I get pumped about the production and the possibility of owning the game, because of that connection.

If anyone knows of a podcast or a thread, or anything else where Scott has discussed the art in any form, could anyone please point me in that direction.

I'm sorry for any negative reactions I may have expressed, I just want this game to be all that it can possibly be, I've never been more excited for a game and its success.

#2110 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If anyone knows of a podcast or a thread, or anything else where Scott has discussed the art in any form, could anyone please point me in that direction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interview-of-scott-danesi-matt-andrews-total-nuclear-annihilation

#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm sorry for any negative reactions I may have expressed, I just want this game to be all that it can possibly be, I've never been more excited for a game and its success.

No need to apologize. This is a forum to share your opinion. You should not feel bullied by the "subject matter experts."

#2112 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

You should not feel bullied by the "subject matter experts."

You shouldn't feel bullied, but ignoring expertise and saying that everyone's opinion is equally valid is not a great idea. You hire an electrician to do your wiring because they know what they're doing. You don't stand there and tell them how to do their job. Why doesn't this apply to artists?

I've never understood why people devalue artist's expertise and experience. They're professionals. Is it because people think it's subjective, or is it the classic "I could do that" idea? You might think it's subjective but there are *tons* of rules when it comes to art - colour matching, structure, focus, etc. There are some universal truths about what is pleasing to the eye and how you draw attention that doesn't ever change.

Anyway, I'd also like to stop talking about TNA art as it's complete and no amount of hot air is going to change it. Besides, it's perfectly great the way it is.

#2113 6 years ago

I'm still keeping his lunch money.

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not afraid to admit when I was wrong.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm not afraid to admit when I was wrong.

And I upvoted you for it, check the tapes, but I'll be more direct: good for you, not everyone can do that. It's all in fun man, no one is being bullied.

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all in fun man, no one is being bullied.

Where is your car parked again Aurich?

IMG_6051 (resized).JPGIMG_6051 (resized).JPG

#2117 6 years ago

Spooky distributor PinballSTAR is taking interested list for orders that will be starting next week - get in line early and often ! $ 1,000 deposit when we open up for orders on Monday 8/14.

Email Joe at [email protected] for info or just to say hey !

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And I upvoted you for it, check the tapes, but I'll be more direct: good for you, not everyone can do that. It's all in fun man, no one is being bullied.

It is fun! Or I wouldn't be here supporting the artists that make my favorite toys, including yourself

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Where is your car parked again Aurich?

Outside your house. Nice SDTM on Stars, you're not gonna get far with that kind of play.

#2120 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You shouldn't feel bullied, but ignoring expertise and saying that everyone's opinion is equally valid is not a great idea. You hire an electrician to do your wiring because they know what they're doing. You don't stand there and tell them how to do their job. Why doesn't this apply to artists?
I've never understood why people devalue artist's expertise and experience. They're professionals. Is it because people think it's subjective, or is it the classic "I could do that" idea? You might think it's subjective but there are *tons* of rules when it comes to art - colour matching, structure, focus, etc. There are some universal truths about what is pleasing to the eye and how you draw attention that doesn't ever change.
Anyway, I'd also like to stop talking about TNA art as it's complete and no amount of hot air is going to change it. Besides, it's perfectly great the way it is.

exactly this. that's why i'm doing a big write up on why it's wrong to use colored LED's GI's and backbox GI's

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm thinking he just didn't have the proper paperwork filled out.
unsolicited (resized).PNGunsolicited (resized).PNG
http://bureauofcommunication.com/compose/unsolicitedfeedback

#2122 6 years ago

totally baffled at the "unsolicited feedback" concept.

there's a saying around here, "hay de todo en la viña del señor", that would translate to... oh nevermind, you wouldn't like it anyway.

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

totally baffled at the "unsolicited feedback" concept.
there's a saying around here, "hay de todo en la viña del señor", that would translate to... oh nevermind, you wouldn't like it anyway.

Everything you need is in the Lords Vinyard?

Gloria a Dios

#2124 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar brain storm for your beacon topper. How about the red vapor proof lights from every movie or show where a reactor alarm is going off.

il_fullxfull.721963612_c2h6 (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.721963612_c2h6 (resized).jpg

#2125 6 years ago

Buy one, get the cage chromed, and make it a mod perhaps. Definitely a cool lamp.

#2127 6 years ago

I had a battle shark arcade that had two of them.
The cages did twist on. But wasn't big enough for a rotating becon. The whole topper concept by 88 was still minor. A light or small plastic. I have a full lightbar on my GB. I just don't think TNA would benefit from a bunch of stuff on top of the game.

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I just don't think TNA would benefit from a bunch of stuff on top of the game.

No game benefits from piling a bunch of useless shit on top of the head.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Agreed. Toppers are for people who need their pin to be it's own special snowflake.

#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed. Toppers are for people who need their pin to be it's own special snowflake.

TNA will have a beacon topper on it already, that I'm assuming, will light up when a reactor core is ready. This definitely is a functional topper, not just something pretty to look at. The cage might add to that. Not a bad idea imo, and I'm sure they wouldn't be too hard to find.

I do agree though, that most toppers aren't necessary.

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

thenotrashcougar brain storm for your beacon topper. How about the red vapor proof lights from every movie or show where a reactor alarm is going off.

I have a couple of those, they are very heavy. I have two that are probably mostly brass and the other is lighter and more likely steel or aluminum, I'll have to toss a magnet at it to see.

They're meant to take a beating, air strips used to use the same domes flipped up on posts as strip markers/signals.

#2132 6 years ago

Suggestion: a midnight madness-style mode that activates if you happen to be playing during an actual nuclear apocalypse.

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Suggestion: a midnight madness-style mode that activates if you happen to be playing during an actual nuclear apocalypse.

This suggestion is more topical than I would care for right now.

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a feature AND a public service system!

#2135 6 years ago

Though I've been very vocal about not suggesting changes, I would at the very least request there be a specific audio queue when you do complete one of the reactors (whatever that may be) so it could be swapped out later by uploading a new wav file. I would love it if there was some sort of nuclear power plant siren to really get you pumped that you completed that goal

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Though I've been very vocal about not suggesting changes, I would at the very least request there be a specific audio queue when you do complete one of the reactors (whatever that may be) so it could be swapped out later by uploading a new wav file. I would love it if there was some sort of nuclear power plant siren to really get you pumped that you completed that goal
» YouTube video

Albeit fake, listening to that gave me chills

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

kimpin (resized).jpgkimpin (resized).jpg

#2138 6 years ago

Mutually assured...distribution?

#2139 6 years ago

I'm sensitive to criticism about this game, b/c I know how hard he's worked on it it and is still working. I mean no renaissance faire this weekend, wtf?!

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm sensitive to criticism about this game, b/count know how hard he's worked on it it and is still working. I mean no renaissance faire this weekend, wtf?!

how dare he!

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

» YouTube video

How about the air raid siren that's in gold wings

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hey hey! This is Pinside! Home of the $500 topper!

Talk like that will get you banished!

rd

#2143 6 years ago

That topper on JD looks much better in my dining room built ins than on my JD

IMG_3222 (resized).JPGIMG_3222 (resized).JPG

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm sensitive to criticism about this game, b/c I know how hard he's worked on it it and is still working. I mean no renaissance faire this weekend, wtf?!

Silver lining.

#2145 6 years ago

Alternate translight?

IMG_1520 (resized).JPGIMG_1520 (resized).JPG

#2146 6 years ago

Anyone ever see the movie Miracle Mile? This game makes me think of that movie.

#2147 6 years ago

Did they change the price on these guys? Now I see they are going to be 7k instead of the original 5995$? When did this happen?

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Did they change the price on these guys? Now I see they are going to be 7k instead of the original 5995$? When did this happen?

No. It's an add on option for the cabinet. Instead of decals, you can have a direct printed cabinet clear coated for $1000 more.

#2149 6 years ago

Interesting, I'm seeing 7k as well from Pinballstar's pre-order email blast. No mention of direct screened decals. Typo perhaps?

#2150 6 years ago

Showing $7000- without explaining the extra $1000- is gonna create a shit storm. Someone from Spooky or Joe needs to get on this and fix it with explanation.
-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.