Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 145.
#2051 6 years ago

For reference

-Jetsons: 4 own 4 wishlist
-Houdini pin has 63 wishlist
-DI has 198 wishlist plus several hundred owners
-Alice Cooper (not a popular theme especially after RZ) plus we don't see the layout of AC yet but only 16 wishlist
-WNBJM (quite expensive and not mainstream) 38 owners and 31 wishlist (I would buy WNBJM for $3300 but not any more).

Stern probably the last big seller was
-GB all versions
860 own and 500 wish list

-Stern SW all versions
95 own 141 wishlist
Granted SW just came out and will grow in numbers but I think this is a lesser selling pin (than GB)

-SMVE
103 own 135 wishlist

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding the question of how many TNA will sell?

I am guessing they will run them in batches of 50, so that means 50 will sell to start... then another 50 after that... and so on, till they stop selling, then probably another 50...

my impression is that the first batch of 50 is already accounted for and possibly more? I noticed that the main 2 Spooky distributors will noting that people shoudl reach out asap to be put on the list if they wanted to get one sooner rather than later. My guess is they were inferring that the first 50 or 100 are already spoken for which I would believe.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing they will run them in batches of 50, so that means 50 will sell to start... then another 50 after that... and so on, till they stop selling, then probably another 50...
my impression is that the first batch of 50 is already accounted for and possibly more? I noticed that the main 2 Spooky distributors will noting that people shoudl reach out asap to be put on the list if they wanted to get one sooner rather than later. My guess is they were inferring that the first 50 or 100 are already spoken for which I would believe.

I believe you may be right, I'm just saying Pinside may account for a good number as most AMH and RZ are accounted for on Pinside

-RZ (300) has 158 owners and 44 wishlist
-AMH (150) has 94 owners and 88 wishlist

This does not count people on Pinside who don't update their collection or never have a collection list. So there could well be another 20-60 owners of both that don't list.

My point is Pinside owners list is a tool, not an accurate measurement but a tool.

I recall when Stern made IMVE the owners list of IM went up 150-200 in the course of a few months.

Please note Pinside now has a separate listing for IMVE but initially they didn't so I switched my collection over to IMVE for accuracy but some people might not have. IM plus IMVE now account as 515 owners.

I'm just trying to look at Pinside numbers and see if they stay very low like WWE total owners 72

Again I'm sure the numbers will improve as the game is released, no need to get jazzed because it has low wishlist numbers. But owners and wishlist numbers are not meaningless because a high number like Woz or TZ Shows that a lot of them are owned by Pinsiders. Woz almost 1000 owners and almost 600 wishlist.

---

I am not predicting the sales numbers but if I was guessing I'd say more than RZ (300) and less than IM which sold (guess ~2000).

If TNA playes really well it could sell over time as word of mouth spreads. For example Tron and IM was made back in a time when Stern didn't keep making a lot of batches like they do with Metallica or AC/DC so they likely didn't sell as much as they could have if they were kept making them.

Only 700 owners listed for Tron both versions vs 1260 Metallica both versions. This has a lot to do with Metallica having a premium version but also because Metallica was in production longer.

#2054 6 years ago

I dont have it in my wishlist and I am getting one...

just sayin...

I also dont list any of my most ISO games, nor do I list the majority of my collection accurately.

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe you may be right, I'm just saying Pinside may account for a good number as most AMH and RZ are accounted for on Pinside
-RZ (300) has 158 owners and 44 wishlist
-AMH (150) has 94 owners and 88 wishlist
This does not count people on Pinside who don't update their collection or never have a collection list. So there could well be another 20-60 owners of both that don't list.
My point is Pinside owners list is a tool, not an accurate measurement but a tool.
I recall when Stern made IMVE the owners list of IM went up at least 200 in the course of a few months.

I wouldn't put stock into those at all. Most of us do not update our wishlist and many of us do not even keep our games owned updated. Plus you have a large group of people with games on wishlists that they cannot afford to buy. Spooky has an interested list and they will continue to make them in batches of 50 until there isn't any more demand for them. Why does it matter how many end up selling?

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont have it in my wishlist and I am getting one...
just sayin...
I also dont list any of my most ISO games, nor do I list the majority of my collection accurately.

Ok don't get worked up, I said not every Pinside member lists their game. In fact I specifically said some Pinsiders don't list. I know several who don't list at all. Who cares? I'm saying maybe half the people do list their pins.

Are you trying to imply that *no one* lists their games? The majority of AMH are listed as owned by Pinside owners list. So IMO more than half do list their games.

Also just because some or a lot of people don't list their games does not mean the owners list is not a tool to see how many games are sold.

If I told you 950 Woz owners and 72 WWE owners were listed would you just say well some people don't list their collection so you can't tell which has sold more pins?

Also I said quite early that TNA has just been put on the database so there is not really been any time for people to list it, I just put on wishlist today maybe tomorrow there will be 300 on the wishlist I don't know. I'm just looking at that to get some idea.

I think it's price is good and it looks fantastic but the theme or the are might not be for everyone, or others have already committed to SW or Houdini or AFM etc..

#2057 6 years ago

I have zero games on my wishlist but don't believe that is accurate in any way. My collection is up to date. While I don't think a high percentage use the wish list I would guess an even lower number have a game on there that isn't available for another month.

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have zero games on my wishlist but don't believe that is accurate in any way. My collection is up to date. While I don't think a high percentage use the wish list I would guess an even lower number have a game on there that isn't available for another month.

It's ok to dream, to yearn, to love, share your desires with us Russ, so that we may share in your joy, the fulfillment of your passions

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok don't get worked up, I said not every Pinside member lists their game. In fact I specifically said some Pinsiders don't list. I know several who don't list at all. Who cares? I'm saying maybe half the people do list their pins.
Are you trying to imply that *no one* lists their games? The majority of AMH are listed as owned by Pinside owners list. So IMO more than half do list their games.
Also just because some or a lot of people don't list their games does not mean the owners list is not a tool to see how many games are sold.
If I told you 950 Woz owners and 72 WWE owners were listed would you just say well some people don't list their collection so you can't tell which has sold more pins?
Also I said quite early that TNA has just been put on the database so there is not really been any time for people to list it, I just put on wishlist today maybe tomorrow there will be 300 on the wishlist I don't know. I'm just looking at that to get some idea.
I think it's price is good and it looks fantastic but the theme or the are might not be for everyone, or others have already committed to SW or Houdini or AFM etc..

I am not worked up, lol.

Was just cautioning that using crap data means crap results. At this stage, there is little value in wishlist for TnA.

crap in=crap out.

I am not sure why it matters how many will get sold? That is the beauty of this for spooky, the first unlimited design with commitment to build in batches of 50 till there is no more demand.

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Ok, this is just one data point and the game was just added to the database like last week after I asked about it.

It's not like it has been on the database for 4 months. I'm just looking to see, maybe not too many people use wishlist at all. I do, I have Woz on my wishlist and will get that in a week, I also have AFM and TNA on my wishlist and those are my two most likely games to buy, other games like RBION which I like and could buy I don't have on my wishlist so I agree the wishlist is even more inaccurate than the owners list.

#2061 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not worked up, lol.
Was just cautioning that using crap data means crap results. At this stage, there is little value in wishlist for TnA.
crap in=crap out.
I am not sure why it matters how many will get sold? That is the beauty of this for spooky, the first unlimited design with commitment to build in batches of 50 till there is no more demand.

I doesn't matter how may get sold. Someone asked before how many did people think would get sold, I think this will be Spookys biggest seller so far. I didn't just want to guess some random number.

I think the combination of the nice art, the nice gameplay, the sound is great and the price is good. It probably won't sell thousands because the price is not like what some people wanted such as $4995, but the price is not crazy like MG or similar games. If it was $7995 the sales would not be nearly as good as $5995.

I said on page one less than $6k was the number (for me). If it was $7k seriously doubt if I'd get it.

#2062 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why does it matter how many end up selling?

It probably only really matters to Scott and Spooky. I was asked that question recently and I ventured a guess of 500. I really didn't know. My thinking was it would sell better then RZ.

#2063 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I doesn't matter how may get sold. Someone asked before how many did people think would get sold, I think this will be Spookys biggest seller so far (I could be wrong). But I think the combination of the nice art, the nice gameplay and the sound etc are great and the price is good. It probably won't sell thousands because the price is not like what some people wanted such as $4995, but the price is not crazy like MG or similar games. If it was $7995 the sales would not be nearly as good as $5995.
I said on page one less than $6k was the number (for me). If it was $7k seriously doubt if I'd get it.

On Spooky's podcast this month, they discuss their sales expectations and how their profit margins are lower on this game to keep the $5995 price. Charlie and company seem to be putting it around the 250-300. 300 RZ's were produced and sold. For an original theme that that has a very retro appearance but all the advancements of current technology, it is a big unknown. As always, it will either take off or crash when more people see and play it in person.

#2064 6 years ago

I personally hope it sells well as to encourage Scott and the Spooky team to design and make more machines. We could have another Pat Lawlor, John Borg, or Steve Ritchie on our hands. Would be awesome to have a fresh new designer making pinball for the hobby! A lot of people are missing that point. We've seen all of the "legends'" pinball tables over the last 30 years. We need new ideas, new visions (DI does a great job). Remember, Scott built this for himself to share with others, not to sell games. Spooky picked this up because they thought it was something special. We need to embrace this, to keep pinball fresh, innovative, and fun, and to keep the big boys from rehashing old ideas with a different art package.

#2065 6 years ago

I believe it is priced very strong, I mean they didn't price it off the hook, it's right between a pro and a premium and that's what I really expected.

It looks like great quality and I'll pay money for great quality.

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

How many TNA do you think will be sold in the next 3 years? I was asked recently, and I really wasn't sure. Most say it's amazing, but I really don't know how that will turn into sales. Will they sell 50 or 500?

If they could sell 300 RZs... I imagine selling a game that is actually fun will probably at least double that.

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

It's ok to dream, to yearn, to love, share your desires with us Russ, so that we may share in your joy, the fulfillment of your passions

OK. I want a Diner, Sorcerer, Mustang and Acdc.

#2068 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

In my opinion Paragon has the best complete art package on any pinball machine ever . I will be selling a nice Paragon to fund the purchase on a Total Nuclear Annihilation.

paragon's art package is pretty sweet.

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

OK. I want a Diner, Sorcerer, Mustang and Acdc.

And????

#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We need to embrace this, to keep pinball fresh, innovative, and fun, and to keep the big boys from rehashing old ideas with a different art package.

Hell to the fn ya!!!!

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If they could sell 300 RZs... I imagine selling a game that is actually fun will probably at least double that.

Soooooo you're saying you didn't enjoy RZ

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

atleast get my name right if you want to actually have a discussion

sorry, my apologies. was not a typo. i did have it wrong.

#2073 6 years ago

TnA of course!

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Why don't you guys just go to the comic book store...

This do still exist?

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This do still exist?

I know of at least 4 within 10 miles of my house...probably more.

#2076 6 years ago

I got it.
Now between the flippers can be an emoji mode!

IMG_5941 (resized).JPGIMG_5941 (resized).JPG

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

I love TNA's translite. The art style really appeals to me since I've been on a synthwave kick lately, which has the same aesthetic.

Going back to synthwave I have been addicted to listening to the midnight, who doesn't like some 80s synth with saxophones.

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Going back to synthwave I have been addicted to listening to the midnight, who doesn't like some 80s synth with saxophones.

This band is so awesome!
My favourite:

Perfect match with TNA!

#2079 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Never heard it before but that song is really catchy. Love the Y & F-body glory too...

#2080 6 years ago

When's this shit coming out?
Should I get one of these instead of Dialed In and save myself a few G's?

#2081 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

When's this shit coming out?

play them both and then decide. They are VERY different in pretty much every way. Only commonality I see is that they are both inlicensed themes.

#2082 6 years ago

Yeah you gotta play them both, for me it would be TNA all the way.

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

play them both and then decide. They are VERY different in pretty much every way. Only commonality I see is that they are both inlicensed themes.

Yeah. Can't wait to try them! Hopefully they'll both be at FreePlayFlorida in November! I know Dialed In will.

#2084 6 years ago

Depends on if you like modes, long ball times and going on a pinball adventure or if you like fast short ball times, a cool pounding audio and video experience, and no character between the flippers to guide you along.

The two styles couldn't be much more different and most people tend to lean one way or the other.

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I find DI to be closer to the machines you already own. They are more story/mode driven. If you want more of that, I'd go with DI. If you want something different, I'd strongly consider TNA. You could probably play a game of TNA while waiting for your turn on WOZ or TSPP.

#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You could probably play a game of TNA while waiting for your turn on WOZ or TSPP.

#2087 6 years ago

I decided that I valued the $3k I would save from getting TNA over Dialed In higher than I did the experience of Dialed In. I have played DI and really, really liked it but $3k is a huge chunk towards the next game. I haven't played TNA yet but for me, I'm betting DI won't be $3,000 dollars more fun.

#2088 6 years ago

Don't know how many people watched Scott's livestream on Sunday where he was working on the music, but he previewed the first 5 reactor songs. Soundtrack is really coming along.

#2089 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I decided that I valued the $3k I would save from getting TNA over Dialed In higher than I did the experience of Dialed In. I have played DI and really, really liked it but $3k is a huge chunk towards the next game. I haven't played TNA yet but for me, I'm betting DI won't be $3,000 dollars more fun.

If Dialed In and TnA were the same price, I still wouldn't have to think hard about which I'd rather own.

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Depends on if you like modes, long ball times and going on a pinball adventure or if you like fast short ball times, a cool pounding audio and video experience, and no character between the flippers to guide you along.
The two styles couldn't be much more different and most people tend to lean one way or the other.

Dialedin actually had he character middle of the playfeild. It just has the logo in the area right above the flippers. So you know how popular that is.

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Don't know how many people watched Scott's livestream on Sunday where he was working on the music, but he previewed the first 5 reactor songs. Soundtrack is really coming along.

Is there a link to the live stream?

#2092 6 years ago

Are there any hurry up modes?

Any frenzy mode?

I believe heard on the livestream where everything is 2x during multi ball (can't recall if that's 3x when 3 ball multi ball?)

What are all the circle inserts down by the flippers for?

What do the RAD stand ups do.

IMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are all the circle inserts down by the flippers for?

Bonus count.

Quoted from rai:

What do the RAD stand ups do.

It says right on the plastic - "Spell RAD to light Mystery".

Both are throwbacks to earlier games that didn't have fancy displays to tell you status - plastics would tell you the rules and you kept track of bonus via playfield lights.

#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Bonus count.

It says right on the plastic - "Spell RAD to light Mystery".
Both are throwbacks to earlier games that didn't have fancy displays to tell you status - plastics would tell you the rules and you kept track of bonus via playfield lights.

Yes, playfields telling the story and the objectives is something that seems to be going by the wayside. Especially by JJP. If you can't look at the field with the game off, and figure out easy things like locks and extra balls, then someone has failed in the plastics/playfield art department.

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you can't look at the field with the game off, and figure out easy things like locks and extra balls, then someone has failed in the plastics/playfield art department.

Completely disagree with this.

#2096 6 years ago

How are the bonus raised?

When it says 50K does that just add 50K at the end of ball?

What happens after 50K does it use the 2x 3x to add the bonus? I thought those were for PF multipliers.

I'm getting confused between bonus and bonus multiplier.

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How are the bonus raised?
When it says 50K does that just add 50K at the end of ball?
I'm getting confused between bonus and bonus multiplier.

Typically you earn base bonus and increases as you play, so 50k could be the bonus you've earned. Also, if 50k and 20k are lit, then your base bonus would be 70k (usually, not positive if TNA does that, but probably).

Then your bonus multiplier 2x, 3x, etc. would take your base and multiply it by whatever the multiplier was. So if the playfield showed 50k and 20k and a 2x, you would really be getting 70k times 2 or 140k at the end of the ball. Usually you would see the bonus lights count down while your score counted up and it would do it once for each multiplier. I'm pretty sure TNA does this.

#2098 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Typically you earn base bonus and increases as you play, so 50k could be the bonus you've earned. Also, if 50k and 20k are lit, then your base bonus would be 70k (usually, not positive if TNA does that, but probably).
Then your bonus multiplier 2x, 3x, etc. would take your base and multiply it by whatever the multiplier was. So if the playfield showed 50k and 20k and a 2x, you would really be getting 70k times 2 or 140k at the end of the ball. Usually you would see the bonus lights count down while your score counted up and it would do it once for each multiplier. I'm pretty sure TNA does this.

Thanks

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes, playfields telling the story and the objectives is something that seems to be going by the wayside. Especially by JJP. If you can't look at the field with the game off, and figure out easy things like locks and extra balls, then someone has failed in the plastics/playfield art department.

There's room for lots of styles in pinball still I think. Nothing wrong with the ridiculously deep Keefer game that relies on color changing lights and LCD clues etc, my issue is I only want one or two of those at any given time. They require so much commitment, I tend to walk past them when I'm not in the mood for a really long game that requires planning and thinking and just a chunk of uninterrupted time.

On the other hand I've owned a handful of great Bally solid states like Flash Gordon, and Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe, Medusa, Mystic, etc, and the ability to just fire them up, play some games, have a good time, and be done has a ton of appeal for me.

It really becomes a factor when you want to play with friends though. 4 player Hobbit or LOTR can be painful. Hell even 4 player Metallica can drag on forever. We can run a 4 player game on my Flash Gordon, set to 5 balls, before someone else has finished their first ball on Metallica if they're having a good one.

#2100 6 years ago

Does Spooky sell extra plastic sets for their machines? I'm going to want to have an extra set when I buy TNA-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/42?hl=audiohaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.