Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 87 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 145.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

TZ have different modes and games, awful saying but... like apples to oranges.

TNA; easy to learn, hard to master. This is exactly what classic pinball rule sets are all about.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

TNA; easy to learn, hard to master. This is exactly what classic pinball rule sets are all about.

i'd actually say hard to stay alive, and I'm not that sure about the second part of your statement.
won't deny it looks fun as hell thought.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I believe Charlie said it would be a $1000 extra.

I kind of want the opposite of direct printed/cleared . I'd LOVE to see them make a cabinet that looks identical to a late 70s / early 80s Bally cabinet & simply spray the art . I'd be willing to paint it myself so long as they give me the Pantone numbers for the paint and stencils . A mushroom cloud on each side of the backbox with "Spooky" in cursive would rule ... Don't know what the sides or front should look like

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the poster who posed the original question specified Stern as a manufacturer and was immediately countered by Stern's recent lack of QC

You're right...I should have put "if stern built it with spooky quality" to weed out that argument.

The avoidance of spike though is attractive.

When I'm interested in a pin, I watch the gameplay videos in black and white with volume off to try and solely guage the ball flow...it seems to have lots of brick shots and wicked drains, especially that right out lane

I'm just wondering if this pin is leaning too heavily on the light show and rad techno beats through a sub. to achieve that fun factor?

#1955 2 years ago

RandomGuyOffCL, head of anti-marketing department : P

#1956 2 years ago

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

When I'm interested in a pin, I watch the gameplay videos in black and white with volume off to try and solely guage the ball flow...it seems to have lots of brick shots and wicked drains, especially that right out lane
I'm just wondering if this pin is leaning too heavily on the light show and rad techno beats through a sub. to achieve that fun factor?

exactly, so far the majority of posts have been focused on the lightshow, soundtrack, speed, and the art. With over 6 hours of gameplay available, i would have hoped to see more discussion on SPECIFICS regarding the playfield features/layout, gameplay, and how the rules set/objectives relate to said playfield and playability. instead we have generalizations of 'its fast/brutal' and 'fun'.

it's nice to see someone else FINALLY looking in the right direction.

Do people even understand why it plays so fast?

tna (resized).jpg

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

A quick rundown
-Skill shot (hands free , super skill ) - you can use flipper buttons to change the lit lane going to reactor, select the lane you'd like to shoot for before you plung . if you can hit the lane shot you've chosen without a lane change you get points and start the reactor .(Skill Shot) if you make a lane change but ball still goes through lit lane you get skill shot , just points no reactor start .
either of these you need to soft plung to go through the lanes , too soft and it doesnt make it to the lanes too hard and it goes right past . If you plung really soft and the ball doesn't make it out of the shooter lane it will auto launch it , You only get one chance at the skill shot.
-reactor value , entering reactor and hitting shots there builds your reactor value and you can max it out before destroying it .
-starting/destroying reactors , the three standups in the middle must be hit three times each to complete the light grid to get the reactor ready . Then hit the scoop just below the upper flipper in the reactor to start the reactor . Now get in the reactor by hitting either the left or right orbit only the one that is lit will allow you enter the reactor . Hitting the slings and the pop bumper change which orbit is lit . Once in the reactor shots up there add to the digital display counting up in the reactor once it reaches 100 the reactor is critical and ready to be destroyed . one shot outside the reactor will destroy it , it is randomly chosen among the pop , and stand up targets . It will be different each time but is shown by the insert in front of your target lit up white . Reactor 2is 2 random shots to destroy , 3 is 3 and so on .
- multiball ,locks are the inline drops .Multiball is a playfield multiplier, it is best to try and destroy the reactor while in multiball .
Ball saves- ball saves can be earned with the inlanes and out lanes by the flippers . flipper buttons change the lanes while ball is in play complete all 4 lanes and you get a ball save (timed ball save just like the start of the ball ) Once you have completed 3 lanes the 4th will be flashing white (this one activates the ball save . you can stack ball saves as well , meaning if you complete three lanes but don't activate the ball save you can complete those three lanes again and have two or three or more ball saves ready to be activated . Number of ball saves you have stacked is shown by the color of the insert , Level one is red , level 2 orange , like a rainbow with color levels . There is also a bonus at the end of ball for unused ball saves .
-Random awards are given when lit in the scoop , start reactor , advance ball save , bonus x ,etc.
Again just a quick rundown , the is more to it than this but these are your basic objectives. Game also has super spinners and such that can be earned . Strategy is key in this game maxing out reactors and being in multiball to destroy them , having ball saves ready and having the ability to quickley move the flashing light to an outlane just before your ball drains there so you activate the ball save just as you drain .Multiplayer games have other strategies like lock stealing from another player.

I posted this 3 months ago since then Scott has done more with the rules . Number of balls during multiball, is the jackpot multipier . Progressive jackpots have been added . First drop target is the first jackpot once you've hit it you have a short amount to hit the second drop before the first resets . Same thing with the third drop you will only have a certain amout of time to hit that before the second resets . You must work your way through the inline drops quicky and keep all balls in play to collect the maximum jackpot value .

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

It plays fast for a variety of reasons; close up shots that ricochet and require cat like reflexes, shots that cause lateral movement when missed which means you have to stay on your toes, non-protected pop bumper on the lower half of the pf which makes you stay hyped, 2 perfectly designed quick return scoops which dump the ball back at you as quick as you toss it in so you dont get a break from the action, and to top it off a new and new intelligent lock mech which allows you to have great action when locking and also a super fun release using newtonian physics.

In short, this game is packed full of physicality but also great geometry with shots that are easy to understand but hard to perfect in a single game. The game also is designed entirely around social play. There is no doubt that it is best enjoyed as a 4 pack and social experience. Hell, it has lock stealing which has not been done in over 20 years and there is a reason behind that.

You may not like this style of play. That is fine. I will also think less of you because of that, but I understand that some people only play 5 ball games with inlanes close because it makes them feel better about themselves

different strokes for different folks...

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

In addition to the physical design things mentioned above, I'll add that the keypad targets are angled to feed balls directly to the exposed pop bumper (left flipper). Speed is also designed into the rules. The aforementioned quick return scoop is the most obvious example, but additionally when a ball is saved it's auto launched instantly. The only break that I've seen comes when you start the reactor. When it happens you'll hear players finally let out a breath..."wheew".

Quoted from oohlou:

Do you think we will see many TNA on route?

I hope vendors embrace it. I think it would do very well on location.

PS: Honestly asking, what other games offer an extra tilt as a bonus?

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Has it been mentioned what LEDs are being used on the production and if they are still each direct wired?

Scott mentioned Piranha RGB LEDs on one of the DeadFlip streams. I don't think they have specified the brand in the production games but said the light show (and full RGB) will be there (which I would assume would require each to be direct wired).

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

i never played, but really... from what I gather from the videos I saw, it's not rocket science.
1) complete the matrix code (the 3 targets with 9 lights at the middle)
2) put the ball in the scoop next to the matrix...
3) send the ball to the upper field and hit things until complete the reactor (the number thingy there reach 100)
4) hit the flashing thing/s, which is random... some target or the bumper or whatever.
reactors go from 1 to 9? and seems to be always the same story but ramping difficulty, like... point (4) more targets to hit.
TZ have different modes and games, awful saying but... like apples to oranges.

In general the rules are fairly simple. There is a good risk/reward with the multiball. I'm not a good player, so I need to use the multiball to start the reactors, but a good player can lock balls and use them as a multiplier when trying to overheat and blow up the reactor. Additionally, jackpot through the drops is a lot of fun. The drops are timed to reset when you are going for jackpots, so you really have to focus on that to succeed. There is also a super spinner, where the sub will make you forget the machine doesn't have a shaker.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Scott mentioned Piranha RGB LEDs on one of the DeadFlip streams. I don't think they have specified the brand in the production games but said the light show (and full RGB) will be there (which I would assume would require each to be direct wired).

I wonder how difficult/expensive it will be to replace these if one needs to?

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

i think you can earn an extra danger on the hobbit from a mystery award

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

2 questions:
Do you think we will see many TNA on route? I hope we see more than AMH and RZ. I travel a bit for work and get to play pinball at a variety of locations around the US. I think I've only seen 1 AMH and no RZ across 10-15 pinball locations. I hope we see more TNA.
Do you think the sound helps or hurts TNA on route? A big part of TNA experience is the sound and I love it. But I have got to imagine it would drive location employees crazy hearing it day-in day-out over and over. I'm guessing they turn the sound down on route which ultimately takes away from the TNA experience.

My route budget allows for 1 NIB/expensive game every 18 months or so. I'm heavily considering TNA as that next purchase. I won't be able to get one early on, but should be able to beat out "last call" if the timing works out. At least that's what I'm hoping.

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My route budget allows for 1 NIB/expensive game every 18 months or so. I'm heavily considering TNA as that next purchase. I won't be able to get one early on, but should be able to beat out "last call" if the timing works out. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I really don't think anyone is going to regret buying a TNA. For a route I think it will be a nice earning machine in a location where it targets social adult players. It's a machine where you'll want multiple players at once, so you can yell at the player in front of you to "lock some balls".

PS: I am a Spooky fan, but this really is my favorite game off of their lineup to date.

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

No, I have no idea why it plays so fast, it must be really complicated, explain it to me like I'm five.

Have you played the game? Or just spent hours analyzing videos of peoples faces after they've played?

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i think you can earn an extra danger on the hobbit from a mystery award

And #woz

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Dr Dude.

rd

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

This is the third or forth negative post you've made about the game, despite many people correcting your misconceptions - which you never really acknowledge. Just curious why you seem to have this vendetta against a game you've never seen or played.

I guess this just isn't the game for you.

#1970 2 years ago

"Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us."
—Pema Chodron

#1971 2 years ago

Cant wait for some more release date info.

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltySimpson:

"Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us."
—Pema Chodron

Some better obvious jibberish:

Only to the extent of my gas tank volume can my car keep traveling and thus in the meantime I can find gas within it. Until I run out of it.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I like to party fucking hard. I like my rock and roll the same. Don't give a fuck if I burn out. Don't give a fuck if I fade away. So back to the Motor-League with me before I'm forced to face the wrath of a well-heeled buying public who live vicariously through tortured-artist college-rock and floor-punching macho pabulum. Back to the Motor League I go. Once thought I drew a lucky hand. Turned out to be a live grenade of play-acting "anarchists" and Mommy's-little-skinheads, death-threats and sycophants and wieners drunk on straight-edge. Fuck off. Who cares? I'd rather hi-lite Trip-Tiks than listen to your bullshit. Fuck off. Who cares about your stupid scenes, your shitty zines, the straw-men you build up to burn. It never ceases to amaze me and as I'm suffering your perfection it reminds me of my own race to redress my own sad history of mouthed feet. Eaten hats. Teated bulls. Amish phone-books. Drunken brawls. But what have we here? 15 years later it still reeks of â??Swill and Chickenshit Conformists with their fists in the air; like-father, like-son "rebelsâ?? bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord, hear our prayer: take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics. Blow-dry my hair and stick me on a ten-speed. Back to the Motor League. I guess life is just a popularity contest. Success, the ability to perform within a framework of obedience. Just ask the candy-coated Joy-Cam rock-bands selling shoes for venture-capitalists, silencing competing messages, rounding off the jagged edges. Today is good day to die.have fun in vegas ya fucks

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

exactly, so far the majority of posts have been focused on the lightshow, soundtrack, speed, and the art. With over 6 hours of gameplay available, i would have hoped to see more discussion on SPECIFICS regarding the playfield features/layout, gameplay, and how the rules set/objectives relate to said playfield and playability. instead we have generalizations of 'its fast/brutal' and 'fun'.
it's nice to see someone else FINALLY looking in the right direction.

What the duck are you even talking about?!
Post some gameplay of you playing something without any "bricked shots"

#1975 2 years ago

I don't even know Scott...but what is it to know someone, do we know ourselves, those we share a bed with, those who share our secrets, those who have seen us in our most vulnerable, in our darkest hours, I miss my baby... girl

IMG_9311 (resized).JPG

#1976 2 years ago

I'm buying two of these f**kers

#1978 2 years ago

Whoa. Should someone call for help?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Whoa. Should someone call for help?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I'm good A-Aron

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm good A-Aron

These "off-your-rocker" posts had me thinking otherwise. Glad to hear you are all right.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

These "off-your-rocker" posts had me thinking otherwise. Glad to hear you are all right.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Which one in particular would you cite?

#1982 2 years ago

This is just me

#1983 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Which one in particular would you cite?

Start at 1973 and just read until you get to the end.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Meh

#1985 2 years ago

It's all relevant

#1986 2 years ago

Jays on fire!

rd

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1988 2 years ago

We're gonna party Aaron

#1989 2 years ago

4 months ago

Quoted from rai:

I'd buy less than $6k

I will have to put my money where my mouth is.
rehost-2016-9-13-073c71bc-3bec-49bc-9797-8f02f7b4928e (resized).jpg

#1990 2 years ago

F yeah, poetic and poignant

#1991 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Yes

#1993 2 years ago

But can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch cereal?

#1994 2 years ago

Somebody sounds annihilated.

#1995 2 years ago

Yep, got that from the first line. Great fucking song.

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

We're gonna party Aaron

Let's do this. I get the vibe that making it home at. all. is a win. Going to Expo in Oct?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1997 2 years ago

Although the discussion is from 6 days ago (page 33), the more I think about it, the more I like the idea for having the female character from the backglass appear in the logo area around the flippers. Don't get me wrong I think the art package is great and I applaud Scott and Matt on an absolute great game, but I wouldn't mind if the girl would make a playfield appearance. Plenty of titles had that (Centaur, Xenon, Flash Gordon, Star Gazer, Fathom, Viking, Mystic, Lost World, Spectrum, BMX, Vector, Fireball II, Gold Ball, Grand Slam, Black Pyramid, Spy Hunter, ...). In many other case there was some illustration tied with bonus light inserts to make that area interesting. Just looked ar my 90s games in my collection and in case of SC, MM, SS and Airborne there aren't any characters, but there is artwork in the flipper area that makes total sense and isn't destracting at all. So if the team would consider this, I wouldn't mind

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Although the discussion is from 6 days ago (page 33), the more I think about it, the more I like the idea for having the female character from the backglass appear in the logo area around the flippers. Don't get me wrong I think the art package is great and I applaud Scott and Matt on an absolute great game, but I wouldn't mind if the girl would make a playfield appearance. Plenty of titles had that (Centaur, Xenon, Flash Gordon, Star Gazer, Fathom, Viking, Mystic, Lost World, Spectrum, BMX, Vector, Fireball II, Gold Ball, Grand Slam, Black Pyramid, Spy Hunter, ...). In many other case there was some illustration tied with bonus light inserts to make that area interesting. Just looked ar my 90s games in my collection and in case of SC, MM, SS and Airborne there aren't any characters, but there is artwork in the flipper area that makes total sense and isn't destracting at all. So if the team would consider this, I wouldn't mind

Please stop. At least until after I get mine.

#1999 2 years ago

Pretty ironic that people fell in love with this game as a blank piece of wood and are now demanding "more detail" is added to the art.

Not every game needs to be a Where's Waldo orgy of detail. Blank space is just as important as what is filled in.

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty ironic that people fell in love with this game as a blank piece of wood and are now demanding "more detail" is added to the art.
Not every game needs to be a Where's Waldo orgy of detail. Blank space is just as important as what is filled in.

Like Pink Floyd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside