Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 145.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Some 80's designs. Just sayin...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like the TNA artwork more than all of the pictures that you just referenced.

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm pretty sure it's still there...you can see a little sliver of it in one of the pics. The apron is covering it by the angle of all the shots

My bad, scott just confirmed. So awesome, there is literally not a single argument left against buying TnA (aside from getting rid of one machine to acquire space

IMG_2432 (resized).PNGIMG_2432 (resized).PNG

#1653 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

the logo there doesn't serve any meaning whatsoever. So why not show the protagonist?

Games from the 80s generally don't have "protagonists", really. I mean, I understand your point but it's kind of left of center.

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great! Can somone post a side by side of the current pf and the whitewood? Would love to see the comparison.

Here you go...

comparison (resized).jpgcomparison (resized).jpg

#1655 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Seriously, spend a few grand and have a real illustrator or graphic artist work on these.

They did, they have the same artist who did the cabinets for JPop's games. He's a real illustrator.

Basically, you're just wrong. Nothing objective or subjective about it - plain old wrong. This art package is a perfect blend of 80s sensibilities and modern pinball, just like the game itself.

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Games from the 80s generally don't have "protagonists", really. I mean, I understand your point but it's kind of left of center.

About every game has at least a "picture" there.
Usually this space is well used.

#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

About every game has at least a "picture" there.

And TNA isn't like "every game" and the design really helps send that message.

#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not endlessly , this game has an end ( and it is awesome) . If it were easy maybe it would get old , but it is not and it doesn't.

You can set the number of reactors needed to be destroyed in the settings. Scott set it to one, just so we could see the ending. It's never been done in a game, that I know of, and I doubt anyone would guess what it is. There is SOOOOOOOOO much about this game that is so well done. We seriously couldn't quit playing.

Also told Scott he needs to work in a dollar mode.

#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great! Can somone post a side by side of the current pf and the whitewood? Would love to see the comparison.

The only difference as far as I know is the rollovers in the reactor have been replaced with inserts, mostly because rollovers make clearcoating a pain in the ass.

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The only difference as far as I know is the rollovers in the reactor have been replaced with inserts, mostly because rollovers make clearcoating a pain in the ass.

That is a change to game play. Werent the rollovers used to boost reactor value?

I assumed that those white inserts are just place holders for the rollovers still?

#1661 6 years ago

Yes but their removal doesn't change it any really, since the kickers and the right side targets still do that as well.

Don't know what you mean by "place holders", they're white inserts with RGB lights under them. If anything it will help to indicate reactor readiness because they're RGB and the rollovers were single colour lamps.

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is a change to game play. Werent the rollovers used to boost reactor value?
I assumed that those white inserts are just place holders for the rollovers still?

Yes good question. Wouldn't this completely change/increase difficulty?

#1663 6 years ago

Not really? Just change the number of switch hits it takes on the kickers and targets to enable the reactor. There is really no fundamental difference without the rollovers.

#1664 6 years ago

I realize Im asking perhaps for "just me", but anyone think, especially over time, that an "audio in" method.....my choice of music....wouldnt hurt?

#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just to clarify, the rollovers have done nothing in the software since expo 2016. They were just lighting up. The stand ups in the core, slings in the core, and spinner advance the reactor.

Also thank you all for the great feedback!

#1666 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just to clarify, the rollovers have done nothing in the software since expo 2016. They were just lighting up. The stand ups in the core, slings in the core, and spinner advance the reactor.
Also thank you all for the great feedback!

Thx for the heads up, game is so fast i had no idea, lol!

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I realize Im asking perhaps for "just me", but anyone think, especially over time, that an "audio in" method.....my choice of music....wouldnt hurt?

Art, I love you in a way only a man can love another man, but this is blasphemy! Maybe this would be OK on a game with crap music (like AC/DC or some other turd music band game) but the Danesi rhythms are a HUGE part of what makes this game so kickin. My wife wants this game SPECIFICALLY for Scott's dope tunes.

#1668 6 years ago

Speaking of music, will the speakers in the production game be as loud as the ones TheNoTrashCougar brought around in the original machine? Or will we have to upgrade the speakers it get it bumping loud?

#1669 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Art, I love you in a way only a man can love another man, but this is blasphemy! Maybe this would be OK on a game with crap music (like AC/DC or some other turd music band game) but the Danesi rhythms are a HUGE part of what makes this game so kickin. My wife wants this game SPECIFICALLY for Scott's dope tunes.

I hear you. My thoughts arent for you to remove what you enjoy, but perhaps a way that myself, and maybe others
might be able to buy the game.
Seriously, some of us old farts on meds, get hearing issues...for me, its a constant ringing. So, games with soundtracks that are repetitive like Tron or TnA, simply produce headaches.
Again, Im speaking for myself, and i dont know if I can Mod this myself, but as much as you dont like AC/DC, I can see playing this game to heavy sounds I can handle...SOAD, or Excision, as my son asked, as an example.

Just a thought...Id love to add more...not take away, but I appreciate the feedback!

#1670 6 years ago

I want to watch Scott blow the game up again. Anyone know what the timestamp of that awesome game is?

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hear you. My thoughts arent for you to remove what you enjoy, but perhaps a way that myself, and maybe others
Seriously, some of us old farts on meds, get hearing issues...for me, its a constant ringing. So, games with soundtracks that are repetitive like Tron or TnA, simply produce headaches.
Again, Im speaking for myself, and i dont know if I can Mod this myself, but as much as you dont like AC/DC, I can see playing this game to heavy sounds I can handle...SOAD, or Excision, as my son asked, as an example.
Just a thought...Id love to add more...not take away, but I appreciate the feedback!

I get it. No one can walk in your shoes. If Iever owned a Metallica, I would change the music immediately.

I do love the music for this one though.

#1672 6 years ago

Perhaps Charlie or Scott could answer.

I see two differences.

1. 2 digit display not at the bottom. Seems easy. No need for 2.
2. Rollovers missing. What replaces that function?

I love this game.

#1673 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I get it. No one can walk in your shoes. If Iever owned a Metallica, I would change the music immediately.
I do love the music for this one though.

Metallica was one too, for me....Loved the game, not a band I listened to.
Stern would or could never do with a License game, it just seemed as perhaps this title, might just be the one, I can plug an Ipod in and Rock it any way one likes....

Ill be quiet now...too much excitement over a game like this....

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Perhaps Charlie or Scott could answer.
I see two differences.
1. 2 digit display not at the bottom. Seems easy. No need for 2.
2. Rollovers missing. What replaces that function?
I love this game.

The 2 digit ball save is still there.

The rollovers never did anything, per Scott's post, so they were removed.

#1675 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can somone post a side by side of the current pf and the whitewood? Would love to see the comparison.

TNA_whitewood_vs_art (resized).jpgTNA_whitewood_vs_art (resized).jpg

#1676 6 years ago

I fear irrational exuberance may have a hold on me but I am loving what this game is all about! Emailed Spooky yesterday.

This game is all about the adrenaline rush. Music pumping that you can feel in your chest, lights pulsating to the rhythm, and balls draining at light speed!

Love a difficult game that really extracts an emotional response. Getting weary of new games with super-complex rules. It should be about playing skill, not knowledge of arcane rules.

Looking forward to the ride!

#1677 6 years ago

(Post here again as I did it in the wrong thread)
What I see or hear:
- lightshow is awesome
- sound is awesome
- artwork is terrible
- what about gameplay? Does it feels like a 80's game?
- price is like a stern pro

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for this game. Its SO BASIC. Is it because its a few bucks cheaper than other new games?

Tell us about the time you played it that helped you form this opinion.

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You can set the number of reactors needed to be destroyed in the settings. Scott set it to one, just so we could see the ending. It's never been done in a game, that I know of, and I doubt anyone would guess what it is. There is SOOOOOOOOO much about this game that is so well done. We seriously couldn't quit playing.
Also told Scott he needs to work in a dollar mode.

this is a fantastic idea.

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

agree.

#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

» YouTube video

AGREE.

I love the music in the pin but also hope there could be some custom music mixes that would be fantastic as well.

This would keep the pin fresh and allow some creative people to tinker with the audio much like was done with TWD. Not saying TNA sound music is bad at all, but I like to mis things up as well. Like what Old guy has picked too.

#1682 6 years ago

what gomez is doing right now

gomez_TNA (resized).jpggomez_TNA (resized).jpg

#1683 6 years ago

Need a TNA t-shirt... "You had me at whitewood"

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I love it and will definetly get one in the future if possible (import) but I have two wishes (for one it's propably too late but I'll tell anyway).
It's always good to have a character/ main protagonist. And you have one, she's right there on the backglass.
On the playfield however she's completely missing altough you still habe a big open canvas where the logo of the game is slapped on.
Instead of the logo (I know what the name of the game is and is has no relevance to what is happening on the playfield at this point) I'd prefer a picture of the Gal. And since all that upfront of her is the reactor she's trying to destroy I'd like her facing it; it would fit perfectly...
I made a montage of Kaneda (the real one, not Special K) where he usually walks to his motorcycle to show what I mean!

She coming in there like this, with weaponery of course, would be great!
Secondly I wish for some awesome callouts wich are from the security guards and -again- from the main protagonist telling me what to do.
Edit: Oh, and since it's 80's don't do black legs.

I think the art looks great but I have to say I like this idea. It would tie the playfield into the back glass. Think Xenon (NOT Kaneda).

14482-bally-xenon-pinball-machine-playfield-detail-800px (resized).jpg14482-bally-xenon-pinball-machine-playfield-detail-800px (resized).jpg

#1685 6 years ago

Officially on the list. I am gonna have to sell some arcades to make room. Pinball is taking over at my house.

#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I think the art looks great but I have to say I like this idea. It would tie the playfield into the back glass. Think Xenon (NOT Kaneda).

Not necessary. The person pressing the flippers is the player standing at the front of the machine... I don't need an image of a person to remind me.

#1687 6 years ago

I know this is repetitive. But after talking with Scott at MGC I beleive Matt A nailed the art vision. The outrun style (whitch is a mix of styles) stated in the recent interviews is exactly what I had pictured.
Congrats to Scott and the entire team.

Now my 2c. I feel legs that are bally grey with a single rib design fit perfectly. I beleive these are what's on the spooky release photos. They don't look black. If you don't like them buy a raw set from pinballl life powder coat them your fav color and you have a nice set from this game for your old Bally.

#1688 6 years ago

I never understood the xenon girl copy from the backglass to the playfeild. Just more tna? Lol

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Some 80's designs. Just sayin...

Yeah, but you're being a jerk. Remember the guy that designed the game and the guy that did the artwork read these forums. In fact, the guy that did the artwork did the cabinet art for Magic Girl which is arguably one of the most beautiful games ever produced. So you comment about why don't you hire a professional is insulting. It's comments like yours that makes Pinside suck to read. Show some class.

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

It's comments like yours that makes Pinside suck to read. Show some class.

Wait...so people are no longer allowed to express their opinions on an open forum if it doesn't fall inline with yours?
I must have missed the memo on that one.

#1691 6 years ago

Here is a cool interview with Scott, I learned some cool things, like the update to code that offers double and triple jackpots as well as a super.

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I get it. I have KISS and I replaced several of the songs because they're just terrible. But they do contribute to the overall theme and, much to my chagrin, I can't help but walk around singing Lick It Up after playing a game. Besides, I bet those driving synth BASS and electronic drums will burrow into your brain and you'll be feeling the urge to dance, dance, dance to that techno beat in no time.

#1693 6 years ago

The comparisons to 80s pins crack me up, because they are silly. It's usually people who haven't played the game that think it's sparse or like an 80s game in any way.

This game is so much cooler than even a lot of modern games. I haven't played Star Wars yet, so I can't compare the two, but TNA is freaking fun to play. The light shows, the deep layers of rules, it's a blast! *pun intended*

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Wait...so people are no longer allowed to express their opinions on an open forum if it doesn't fall inline with yours?
I must have missed the memo on that one.

He has every right to say his opinion. I also have the right to call him out of he's being a complete d!#k.

#1695 6 years ago

Is the speaker the same as the prototype?

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

It's comments like yours that makes Pinside suck to read. Show some class.

You know what sucks about Pinside? Fanboys and Apologists. Whether it's Stern Clearcoat or BM66's price, TBL demise or first impressions of this game. It's a public forum for pinball....as long as you don't get nasty, you should be able to express your opinion.

#1697 6 years ago

Still waiting patiently for an alt translite with a hot guy instead.

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Wait...so people are no longer allowed to express their opinions on an open forum if it doesn't fall inline with yours? I must have missed the memo on that one.

Not the point. This is a forum, not a boxing ring. The vast majority of us do not want our productive discussions turned into a fight.

Let's keep it on TNA.

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The comparisons to 80s pins crack me up, because they are silly. It's usually people who haven't played the game that think it's sparse or like an 80s game in any way.

I dunno, it's like early 80s Bally games to me, but that's a wonderful thing. Buying TNA is probably the only thing that would make me give up my Flash Gordon, because I need space and it will scratch the same itch. Hard, brutal, fast, and tons of fun. Can play over and over. Great for multiplayer games that aren't snooze fests while people wait for long ball times.

There are people who don't get that a game without ramps can be fun. That's fine. Some of them will feel that way no matter what they play, cool, but I think there are probably many who just haven't played a well set up 1980/81 Bally and don't know yet what they're missing. They think there's not much to do, or it's slow EM-like play. TNA will probably contribute to the price jacking on those old games once people realize what they've been missing.

#1700 6 years ago

I'm selling my STLE because I don't play it as much, but I figured maybe let me see more of the pin before it leaves. So I put it on 6-balls (instead of 3) just for the heck of it. But my point is, yes I am seeing more or getting deeper but it's just more of a grind. I mean it doesn't seem like playing longer games on it make it any better, it's not like LotR when I destroy the ring. I get to KM multi ball more often but it doesn't knock my socks off. I understand that KM is just an intermediary mini wizard whatever you want to call it (like BR on SM) but just trying to say, I think some times deep games like ST (to me) deep just means more work. I'd have as much fun playing a three minute game on TWD as I would on a 15 minute game on ST.

Likely (I hope) TNA will be the type of short playing game like BigD says like BSD short on rules maybe but intense. I love that about IM it may have way less rules than ST but I like playing it more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.