Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 145.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm surprised he did not need to crop further...

It was tucked

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

There would have been issues. "Atari" in its current form exists solely as an IP troll, looking for people to sue as it's primary revenue stream. For example, just last year they decided any game set in a haunted house owes them licensing fees.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/atari-still-exists-thinks-no-one-else-can-make-a-haunted-house-game/

And of course Aurich shows up in the comments to mention Gottlieb's Haunted House.

#853 6 years ago

I thought maybe it was saluting.

#854 6 years ago

Not sure if it was done on purpose or not, but I sure got a good laugh.

#855 6 years ago

So any speculation to the ending of the game Scott spoke about on the Spooky podcast? He said something you wouldn't expect.

My prediction is an epic light show, and then the game locks up and drains your ball... game over. Because isn't the story that in order to save the world you have to sacrifice yourself? Sad ending... empire strike back style.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So any speculation to the ending of the game Scott spoke about on the Spooky podcast? He said something you wouldn't expect.
My prediction is an epic light show, and then the game locks up and drains your ball... game over. Because isn't the story that in order to save the world you have to sacrifice yourself? Sad ending... empire strike back style.

Matrix Did it.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice anchor on the corner of the bed there.

Between that and the reflection in the mirror, I started cracking up about what the photographer was actually wearing when the picture was taken. What a great photo on so many levels!

#858 6 years ago

the Vonnie D shirt is the icing on the cake!

Wonder if Wes is out of jail (didn't he go to jail for selling fake pot laced crap?)

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Not sure if it was done on purpose or not, but I sure got a good laugh.

If you have to ask that, you don't know Jay.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the Vonnie D shirt is the icing on the cake!
Wonder if Wes is out of jail (didn't he go to jail for selling fake pot laced crap?)

Pretty sure, yeah. He called me once wanting to buy a pinball domain name. He was surprised when I knew who he was. "I thought you were in jail?"

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Pretty sure, yeah. He called me once wanting to buy a pinball domain name. He was surprised when I knew who he was. "I thought you were in jail?"
Aaron
FAST Pinball

ok, gotta ask...
what was the domain name he wanted to buy?

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

And of course Aurich shows up in the comments to mention Gottlieb's Haunted House.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, gotta ask...
what was the domain name he wanted to buy?

PinballPreorderDreamsComeTrue.com

j/k

I am pretty sure it was pinballscoreboard.com

I had bought a bunch of pinball related domain names that sounded fun. Back when we were hunting for a new name for the company there would be a cool pinball related domain that would pop up in the search results from time to time.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

There would have been issues. "Atari" in its current form exists solely as an IP troll, looking for people to sue as it's primary revenue stream. For example, just last year they decided any game set in a haunted house owes them licensing fees.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/atari-still-exists-thinks-no-one-else-can-make-a-haunted-house-game/

Too lazy to Google it, but who even makes up Atari anymore? What do they even do?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

PinballPreorderDreamsComeTrue.com

LOFL!!!!

#866 6 years ago

Ok, be honest, who checked the WHOIS to see if it was actually purchased?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Ok, be honest, who checked the WHOIS to see if it was actually purchased?

Easier to check if it's available. It is.

LTG : )

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easier to check if it's available. It is.
LTG : )

For many tech nerds among "you young kids" today, a whois lookup is faster/easier and is essentially the same thing.

/says the tech nerd with any number of terminal windows he could type a whois lookup into

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Too lazy to Google it, but who even makes up Atari anymore? What do they even do?

It's a French company that owns the name now. The were software publishers for a while.

The history of Atari is long and convoluted. It also splits in the mid 80's between home consoles (Atari Corporation) and arcade games (Atari Games) that each have their own history to follow.

#870 6 years ago

It still made me happy to see that big Atari logo in the new Bladerunner trailer .

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Better yet, check out the mirror in the back.

Coincidence?

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It still made me happy to see that big Atari logo in the new Bladerunner trailer .

I haven't seen that but I don't have a lot of confidence in that movie.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I haven't seen that but I don't have a lot of confidence in that movie.

Trailer looks good actually, I'm cautiously optimistic.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Trailer looks good actually, I'm cautiously optimistic.

No question I'll watch it but as a mild fan of the first and given Ridley's track record lately, I have my doubts.

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

No question I'll watch it but as a mild fan of the first and given Ridley's track record lately, I have my doubts.

The trailer looks awesome....even the music was a remix of the original

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Ridley isn't directing.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For many tech nerds among "you young kids" today, a whois lookup is faster/easier and is essentially the same thing.
/says the tech nerd with any number of terminal windows he could type a whois lookup into

(c)Copyright 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 Hewlett-Packard Co.
(c)Copyright 1979, The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate.
(c)Copyright 1979, 1980, 1983 The Regents of the University of California.
(c)Copyright 1980, 1984, 1986 AT&T Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
(c)Copyright 1986, 1987, 1988 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1985, 1986 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(c)Copyright 1986 Digital Equipment Corp.
(c)Copyright 1989 - 2002 Nortel Networks Limited

RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions
as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and
Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

Sad but true.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Both legit questions, especially if you've never played it before. It's a simple-ish layout and it's difficult to convey how much fun it is to play over the internet. Not sure why asking a legit and fundamental rule question should means the game "isnt for you" and therefore "dont buy it".

I'll take a stab at it. I bought my first pin, a METLE and totally scored, but I'm hesitant to spend close to $9000 on a nib now. I'm a mediocre player at best and I am sure I will never hit the EOTL on this game, unless I'm trippin lol. Give me a fun, fast game at $5000 and I'll buy this, and the next title.

#879 6 years ago

IMG_7472 (resized).PNGIMG_7472 (resized).PNG

Looking forward to this tomorrow

#880 6 years ago

Only tuning if it there is craft beers and guys in tights....meaning I'll tune in

#881 6 years ago

sneak of BG

TA backglass draft (resized).jpgTA backglass draft (resized).jpg

#882 6 years ago

Very awesome. Cant wait to see the rest of it.

#883 6 years ago

And following

#884 6 years ago

Wow, I want one even more now, looks like it's come along quite a bit since last stream.

#885 6 years ago

Main character is not what I was expecting! Thought for sure she/he would be half cyborg!

Part man.
Part cyborg
All cyber commando

Probably looks more late 90s than 80s but I can't see very well. Footage on YT soon @deadflip?
Any new info revealed?

#886 6 years ago

Sorry, but if that's the art, I am not a fan. I don't think it fits with the 80's retro feel at all. What is the point of the girl again??? Terrible!! Here come the down votes....

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry, but if that's the art, I am not a fan. I don't think it fits with the 80's retro feel at all. What is the point of the girl again??? Terrible!! Here come the down votes....

I don't understand all of it yet, like the pyramid? Kinda wish that was a nuclear mushroom cloud exploding. I take it you are the girl sent into the future?

I like it though and whatever is Scott's vision I am sure will come through in the final product. I am definitely a fan of the gameplay.

#888 6 years ago

I agree it looks more '90s than '80s, I kinda liked the Baywatch or Miami Vice fonts as suggested by others. But tbh, I like the white wood look as it has now as well. Hope the production model also comes with embossed logo in the backbox, then I can just toss the translite out . And sand the playfield back to whitewood . Will a sharpie be included?

#889 6 years ago

This game demands less family friendly artwork. Come on Scott make it badass!

#890 6 years ago

Seeing as the backglass was revealed, can we get a better image, @mandraws?

#891 6 years ago

I think the artwork fits the game perfectly but it should incorporate Scott's name.

KJeMSKRIyn_TzoDD6tgkfA_r (resized).jpgKJeMSKRIyn_TzoDD6tgkfA_r (resized).jpg

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the artwork fits the game perfectly but it should incorporate Scott's name.

I love the look of this art. I suppose the production art shown above is fine, but damn I love this retro art.

When Dialed In was released I was perplexed by the look of the main character. Guy holding the cell phone in the air...Mr. 1990s jeans and tucked-in button down shirt with sleeves rolled up to the elbows. I try not to knock other people's art...because it's ART. I just thought it was an odd look to have on a machine touting itself to be the leading edge in technology use.

I'm getting the same vibe from the female used on the TNA artwork. Not knocking it. Just curious as to why one look is chosen over another. Seeing all the art down the road might put it into better perspective. I wish this machine Total Nuclear Success

#893 6 years ago

Backglass art is awesome ! Can't wait to see the whole package .

#894 6 years ago

Is that.....Lexy Lightspeed? Maybe Total Annihilation is in the same universe, they both use the P-Roc after all

#895 6 years ago

If they're going to show the art publicly on deadflip, then they should just post a high quality version so we can see it better than a muddy screen capture.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is that.....Lexy Lightspeed? Maybe Total Annihilation is in the same universe, they both use the P-Roc after all

That's what I wish Lexy looked like.

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

OMG! I had the exact thought, "Lexy is that you?"

#898 6 years ago

I really dig this art style. Mandrews is the man.

I'll wait until I see the whole package before I judge whether or not it's out of place. It is not what I was expecting on this game.

To me this feels somewhat reminiscent of N64 box art, which is a complement in my book. I'm getting a Perfect Dark vibe.

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What is the point of the girl again???

Cuz only girls in spandex can time travel! Obviously.

#900 6 years ago

digital copy
draft copy

TNA1 (resized).jpgTNA1 (resized).jpg

TNA2 (resized).jpgTNA2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.