Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 145.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My impression is that's the main objective, thus my earlier rinse and repeat comment. Now, easier said than done, but I think that's the general thing. Much tougher and more variety of shots than the IM example. Isn't Iron Monger raised by shooting the orbits (I don't have IM)? TNA uses the entire playfield as parts of the start/maximize your score while destroying the reactor, so that comparison isn't really fair.
Like a lot of early 80s stuff, it's all about the layout and how fun/challenging the objective is, since in reality there isn't a ton of variety in objectives. In the time I've spent, this game was a F'n blast and for people that can embrace the narrower focus, it seems like a home run.

Thanks, I don't watch the whole videos and I don't have any older type pins so your description helps.

Iron Monger is just started by raising Monger from the orbit shots. However as you described maybe if you took the whole pin and said Monger was raised by the side stand ups, Drone stand ups, Whiplash target, the ramps and the orbits all building different points but the goal is to raise then destroy the Monger 9x

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Except TnA has the incredible pounding soundtrack and looks to be way more of an adrenaline rush than BSD, but I get what you're saying about doing a few hard things well.

Absolutely.

#753 6 years ago

What will cost less - TNA or Star Wars Pro? That's the deciding factor for me.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What will cost less - TNA or Star Wars Pro? That's the deciding factor for me.

Star Wars pro will be way less.

#755 6 years ago

Game I'd compare it to is Flash Gordon. That's a big compliment too as far as I'm concerned. TNA is probably the only game I'd sell my Flash Gordon for now that I've downsized my pin space and only keep 5 running.

Fuck Iron Man, it's nothing like it. Just because that's a basic ass Stern doesn't really make it compare in any way. So don't get hung up on that, there's nothing to it.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Game I'd compare it to is Flash Gordon. That's a big compliment too as far as I'm concerned. TNA is probably the only game I'd sell my Flash Gordon for now that I've downsized my pin space and only keep 5 running.
Fuck Iron Man, it's nothing like it. Just because that's a basic ass Stern doesn't really make it compare in any way. So don't get hung up on that, there's nothing to it.

I wish I had given Flash Gordon more of a chance. I love me some early Ballys, but I never got into Flash Gordon. Probably cause I didn't know what I was doing and it's definitely not forgiving. So many revere the game that I'll have to read more about it in case I run into one down the line.

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No need to throw iron man under the bus

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Preferences are so ...personal.

I recommend everyone who's honestly considering a purchase to get to a show where TA is going to be so you can experience it for yourself.

And if there isn't a show near you that Spooky is attending (and bringing TA) hit them up and let them know.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Whether you like IM or not, it is absolutely NOTHING like TNA.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Whether you like IM or not, it is absolutely NOTHING like TNA.

i mean, they both are fast and brutal and that scoop fires the ball right back at ya super fast like the war machine kickback.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i mean, they both are fast and brutal and that scoop fires the ball right back at ya super fast like the war machine kickback.

IM has the least amount of rules of any pin in the last several years (except Jetsons).

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You could throw Iron Man under a vajazzler and he'd come out OK.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IM has the least amount of rules of any pin in the last several years (except Jetsons).

Dominos? I got wizard mode on it the first (and only) game i ever played it at TPF.

Also, are you implying that at this point the unfinished game TNA has a deeper ruleset than IM? They are definitely more objectives, multiballs and things to do at this point in IM than in TNA, which is not a slight on TNA, just a fact. TNA was my fav game to play at TPF, but its still in development and I think you sound silly.

IMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpgIMG_20170325_005037_759 (resized).jpg

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

You could throw Iron Man under a vajazzler and he'd come out OK.

Iron man goes in the flying man

#765 6 years ago

I want to be just like awesome Scott!

IMG_8509 (resized).JPGIMG_8509 (resized).JPG

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Scott can be your Miyagi. Wax on, wax off!

Brad

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

"Scott Danesi's Total Annihilation" SDTA
Now it's an original title!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

OH, I like that even better.
-Mike

Quoted from Underspin:

Small font "Scott Danesi's"
Huge font "Total Annihilation" removes all potential trademark issues.
Do Scott's name in Miami Vice cursive and Total Annihilation in a great 80s throwback font as I've seen above. Could be cool.

Hey Mike and Aaron if they go with that name I want credit for coming up with it 45 days ago

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Bangerjay is making a game that will be produced by spooky pinball , you heard it here first .

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Bangerjay is making a game that will be produced by spooky pinball , you heard it here first .

Games people play, except this one isn't Alan Parsons Project but SLAYER!

Brad

slayer_pinball.jpgslayer_pinball.jpg

#770 6 years ago

Stern already has Slayer , Bangerjay is working on Borat .

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

ve we nigh-ice

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice. I was actually told he had been in development of a Spaceballs machine, but I didn't want to say anything on a public Pinside thread. I guess "may the schwartz be with you" is to compete with today's "May the 4th be with you." Please don't tell anyone I said anything, I've also attached a picture of the proposed translite to this PM.

Brad

spaceballs_translite.jpgspaceballs_translite.jpg

#773 6 years ago

Standard backglass for the new Banger Likes Inappropriate Pool Mankinis (BLIMP).

#774 6 years ago

Tech question in response to the earlier posts about the cost of this game due to the number of addressable LEDs. Not necessarily for TNA because it's already 'built,' but I have a monoprice keyboard with led-backlit keys. It has some little lightshows programmed in, so I know that each led-lit key is individually addressable. They are not RGB LEDs because each key stays the same color. These keyboards cost $32. Is there any reason the same tech couldn't be used in a pin? Is it just the fact that they are not RGB LEDs?

#775 6 years ago

1493930495192557336326 (resized).jpg1493930495192557336326 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 6 years ago

He uses parahna leds. I think they do RGB and flashing effects. Im not an expert by any means, I just remember him saying that on the dead flip stream. Looking at it now though. It looks like maybe he has the parahna RGB and then ANOTHER led for the flash effects.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11679

#777 6 years ago

Gotcha. I must have misunderstood the cost discussion to be about the hardware to run them as opposed to the cost of the LEDs themselves. Thanks.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Tech question in response to the earlier posts about the cost of this game due to the number of addressable LEDs. Not necessarily for TNA because it's already 'built,' but I have a monoprice keyboard with led-backlit keys. It has some little lightshows programmed in, so I know that each led-lit key is individually addressable. They are not RGB LEDs because each key stays the same color. These keyboards cost $32. Is there any reason the same tech couldn't be used in a pin? Is it just the fact that they are not RGB LEDs?

Follow up question. I have a stingray in a childs wading pool filled with vodka. I know it's not RGB LEDs, but ...

#779 6 years ago

The spooky interview mentions how little effect the lack of ramps has on the BOM but it didn't mention ( unless I missed it ) how much removing the digital displays would save? probably a lot more than a ramp I would guess. ( yes they're cool but if removing them gets the price closer to what most people in this thread think the machine should cost then why not? )

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The spooky interview mentions how little effect the lack of ramps has on the BOM but it didn't mention ( unless I missed it ) how much removing the digital displays would save? probably a lot more than a ramp I would guess. ( yes they're cool but if removing them gets the price closer to what most people in this thread think the machine should cost then why not? )

Those single controlled drop targets are pricey. Might as well take those out. Having all the leds be RGB adds to the price, why not get rid of that?

#781 6 years ago

Slingshots are pricey too

#782 6 years ago

You guys are missing the big expense. If you can get rid of that heavy, custom made wooden cabinet, it would be a lot cheaper.

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

You guys are missing the big expense. If you can get rid of that heavy, custom made wooden cabinet, it would be a lot cheaper.

i was just gonna say this should just be a 4.99 app instead

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i was just gonna say this should just but a 4.99 app instead

Wake me up when it's $1.

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

If by "digital displays" you mean the LCD screen, I agree completely!

#786 6 years ago

Pinball was so much cheaper before electricity. Of course you had to play in the dark.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Pinball was so much cheaper before electricity. Of course you had to play in the dark.

ooo! ooo! crank powered! call it "the first green machine"!

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Hey Mike and Aaron if they go with that name I want credit for coming up with it 45 days ago

I wasn't looking for credit for anything on this rad game, but if you want it, it's all yours!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I wasn't looking for credit for anything on this rad game, but if you want it, it's all yours!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I was just bull****ing but if a signed translite gets sent out we'll have to flip for it

Can't wait to see this machine completed. I have been hoping for a new player to put out an original themed single level throwback table.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I was just bull****ing but if a signed translite gets sent out we'll have to flip for it
Can't wait to see this machine completed. I have been hoping for a new player to put out an original themed single level throwback table.

lol. sounds good!

The audio on this game! Come on! If you haven't played it yet, do it. It was one of my favorites at Expo last year. Setting the bar for a pinball soundtrack right here.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#791 6 years ago

Will it have a headphone jack too so you can listen to it at obscenely loud volumes?

#792 6 years ago

How about we try and get this to market how government contracting works? Lowest bidder wins the contract! Spooky has too many projects on their plate at the current time to get this right. I say we let those Skit-B fellas get a crack at bringing this to fruition! Hell it'll only cost you $250 but then again you'll never see it.

#793 6 years ago

Just yesterday I only knew Scott from being credited on my BoP 2.0. Then I found out he created his own pin! Anxious to find out what it'll cost

Since Scott's company is called Danesi Design, the full abbreviation of the game will be DD TnA

#794 6 years ago

I just learned yesterday that he worked on bop2.0 -- what's Scott's day job and how did he get hooked up with Dutch pinball?

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Since Scott's company is called Danesi Design, the full abbreviation of the game will be DD TnA

....or Double D TnA

#796 6 years ago

Charlie confirmed Spooky is making this???

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Charlie confirmed Spooky is making this???

Yes, it was in the latest podcast.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I just learned yesterday that he worked on bop2.0 -- what's Scott's day job and how did he get hooked up with Dutch pinball?

According to Koen, Scott helped them out with tons of stuff, like the Stephanie Rogers recording sessions, he did the call outs of pin*bot and mission control, he built the Betabrite support. Stuff like that.

His day job is "working at Pinball Life" according to Spooky's latest podcast.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

His day job is "working at Pinball Life" according to Spooky's latest podcast

Oh man -- jealous! I figured he must have had a tech related job at some point though or he knew someone at Dutch?

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Oh man -- jealous! I figured he must have had a tech related job at some point though or he knew someone at Dutch?

I figure they met somewhere during the development of BoP 2.0, he also did some things getting TBL ready for shows like Expo.

It was one of the more successful American co-operations of Dutch Pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/16?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.