Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 145.
#7101 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I cant see any marks for where the knocker is supposed to be drilled. Can someone post a picture of the placement in the head? Thanks.

Just pick a spot in the upper left corner of the head.

#7102 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s the RD trick with things like this.
Get an iPhone, and record the problem with the slo-mo setting.
Then when you watch it, you can see exactly what the ball is doing. No way you can see it with the naked eye.
Click on this and you can see a vid I shot to diagnose my Metallica ball launch issue. The same day, I used the same technique to fix the lifting ramp latch on my pinbot.
https://www.facebook.com/532998618/posts/10156775531803619/
rd

So i have to go out and buy an iphone before i can investigate? Will the $1000 iphone x work?

#7103 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

So i have to go out and buy an iphone before i can investigate? Will the $1000 iphone x work?

I’m sure there are plenty of other things that will record in slo mo.

Borrow someone’s iPhone for 10 mins. Cost - $0.

rd

#7104 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m sure there are plenty of other things that will record in slo mo.
Borrow someone’s iPhone for 10 mins. Cost - $0.
rd

Lol.

I've done the same thing troubleshooting a Dirty Harry launch problem with my Android.
I'll give it a shot, thanks guys.

#7105 5 years ago

I cant see any marks for where the knocker is supposed to be drilled. Can someone post a picture of the placement in the head? Thanks.

upper left hand corner

#7106 5 years ago

Alright, so what do you think? 3rd attempt fails.

#7107 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Bend the top of the scoop down a little.

Take off the apron first of course.

Bend it a little then run 20 balls through it. Bend it some more if needed.

rd

#7108 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bend the top of the scoop down a little.
Take off the apron first of course.
Bend it a little then run 20 balls through it. Bend it some more if needed.
rd

But it's welded?

#7109 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

But it's welded?

Ohhhh. Dunno. I haven’t bent one.

Can you turn down the kick out coil power?

Looks to be kicking them out pretty fast. 1/2 that grunt would probably be fine.

rd

#7110 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ohhhh. Dunno. I haven’t bent one.
Can you turn down the kick out coil power?
Looks to be kicking them out pretty fast. 1/2 that grunt would probably be fine.
rd

There's an idea. I took the Tim Allen route. More Power!

#7111 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There is also a lip on the metal it may be having trouble getting over it.
When the ball moves to the horizontal.
I'll take a pic of what I mean when I get home.

#7112 5 years ago

399 made it home safe yesterday!! The local R+L guy was very friendly and helpful. Seems to be regional whether service is good or bad. As for the machine itself, had to iron out a few bugs (left scoop coil wire popping off, the upper flipper roll pin falling out, and the first drop target missing a washer) but has been a great game to play! Thanks to all at spooky!

IMG_4178 (resized).JPGIMG_4178 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPGIMG_4176 (resized).JPGIMG_4176 (resized).JPG
#7113 5 years ago

Driver wouldn't speak to me. Pulled machine off truck, plopped it at end of the driveway. I asked if he could pull it down further with his jack. He said not in his contract, sign here. got back in his truck and drove off.. I had a nice tip lined up for him as well. Oh well. Got the machine safe and sound and that's whats important.

I do Apologize for that driver being Less than Professional.... Technically, a lift gate delivery is only curbside. But, it only takes a couple extra minutes to help someone out and to have a satisfied customer.

#7114 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I do Apologize for that driver being Less than Professional.... Technically, a lift gate delivery is only curbside. But, it only takes a couple extra minutes to help someone out and to have a satisfied customer.

20 bucks always helps too...50 if its up hill.

#7115 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

looks to me like the 3rd ball it not fully in position over the upkicker before it fires?

hard to see but appear that it is not hitting square on the ball so it is rattling before it even makes it to the top.

I would take off the rough and check that there is not a burr or something stopping the ball from getting into position first.

#7116 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

20 bucks always helps too...50 if its up hill.

50!

20 seems more than generous for a 3-5 minute job

#7117 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s the RD trick with things like this.
Get an iPhone, and record the problem with the slo-mo setting.
Then when you watch it, you can see exactly what the ball is doing. No way you can see it with the naked eye.
Click on this and you can see a vid I shot to diagnose my Metallica ball launch issue. The same day, I used the same technique to fix the lifting ramp latch on my pinbot.
https://www.facebook.com/532998618/posts/10156775531803619/
rd

I did this exact same thing to fix my Met launch. Works great.

#7118 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks to me like the 3rd ball it not fully in position over the upkicker before it fires?
hard to see but appear that it is not hitting square on the ball so it is rattling before it even makes it to the top.
I would take off the rough and check that there is not a burr or something stopping the ball from getting into position first.

It happens when starting a game with a full trough sometimes, too. That said, it's worth checking.

I dropped the coil strength down to 20 and it kicked a dozen balls in a row (in coil test) perfectly. Then in game play, it started failing like 20% of the time again. bumped it to 23 because it seemed a little weak (sometimes barely making the shooter lane), but it still fails at about the same rate. I'm going to have to take the apron off and try to get a better view.

#7119 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It happens when starting a game with a full trough sometimes, too. That said, it's worth checking.
I dropped the coil strength down to 20 and it kicked a dozen balls in a row (in coil test) perfectly. Then in game play, it started failing like 20% of the time again. bumped it to 23 because it seemed a little weak (sometimes barely making the shooter lane), but it still fails at about the same rate. I'm going to have to take the apron off and try to get a better view.

Check how the balls roll down the trough.

Double check one of the balls hasn’t become magnetic somehow and is holding the balls back from rolling down fully. Stranger things have happened.

See if one of the switches is too high and holding up the ball travel.

Just stare at it for a while and hopefully you’ll see the issue.

rd

#7120 5 years ago

#421 shipped yesterday and is en route.

#7121 5 years ago

I am picking up #412 tomorrow. When you guys say $200 for a wall hanger (playfield), does that mean it has some imperfections, needs to be cleared, ot both?

#7122 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I am picking up #412 tomorrow. When you guys say $200 for a wall hanger (playfield), does that mean it has some imperfections, needs to be cleared, ot both?

It’s called “wall hanger” for a reason.

rd

#7123 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Don’t install a wall hanger, there will be a design flaw somewhere

Quoted from rotordave:

It’s called “wall hanger” for a reason.
rd

Yes

#7124 5 years ago

Understood. Thanks guys!

#7125 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

it is good enough to put on your wall as art.

#7126 5 years ago

I picked up some lighted flipper buttons. Any idea I can use these? If so, where would I connect them and would I need the adapter plug?

20181115_190843 (resized).jpg20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
#7127 5 years ago

Got word that my TNA is ready for pickup. Sadly I wont make it over to Benton till the end of the month

#7128 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Got word that my TNA is ready for pickup. Sadly I wont make it over to Benton till the end of the month

Hmmmmm, is this your 2nd or 3rd?

#7129 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You're making me have some regrets, maybe I should have picked up one of these while they were in production, soon coming to the end of the run.

#7130 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Check how the balls roll down the trough.
Double check one of the balls hasn’t become magnetic somehow and is holding the balls back from rolling down fully. Stranger things have happened.
See if one of the switches is too high and holding up the ball travel.
Just stare at it for a while and hopefully you’ll see the issue.
rd

Dude, this is getting so frustrating. I'm playing with it like crazy with the apron off. In test the balls go through probably 49/50. Glass off apron off, I play like 5 games, getting lots of ball saves etc. and the ratio continues. Must be good now! Apron on, glass on, and it's failing 2/5 now. wtf?

#7131 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hmmmmm, is this your 2nd or 3rd?

2nd one. This is my personal game for home

Original one went on route, was supposed to be temporary, but did so well it stayed out for good. 14 months and going strong!

#7132 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Original one went on route, was supposed to be temporary, but did so well it stayed out for good. 14 months and going strong!

Atta boy!

#7133 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

You're making me have some regrets, maybe I should have picked up one of these while they were in production, soon coming to the end of the run.

I've ordered a couple extras if you want to get in on one. I could have them before christmas even.

#7134 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Was just gona say to call KingPin^^^ since he may have a few extras.

If you have not bought from him before, he is one of the best. Great service and support.

I am not sure why anyone would buy a spooky game from any other distributor when chris is alos their tech support. Buy from the guy that will already be helping if you ever need it

#7135 5 years ago

Speaking of tech support, is there an online manual somewhere?

#7136 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Speaking of tech support, is there an online manual somewhere?

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

#7137 5 years ago

Ah, should have checked there. Thanks!

#7138 5 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a shipping method that will at least deliver it into your garage? I might be out of town when mine gets delivered and my fiancee wouldn't be about to move it alone.

In other news, I got my invoice for final payment!

#7139 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree this is a great home pin. I’m fortunate to have bought DI LE , AFM LE and TNA within the last 7 months. They’re all are from a different evolutionary path. AFM remake of one of the best classic pins from the golden age of DMDs, DI a homage to the classic Lawler pins with modern hardware and rules sound and lights and TNA a great homebrew looks and plays different than anything else.

#7140 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a shipping method that will at least deliver it into your garage?

I doubt any shipper or driver wants the responsibility. Your best bet is to ask a neighbor or post pone the shipping all together until you are available.
-Mike

#7141 5 years ago

I've found $20-50 to the driver will often do wonders...

#7142 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Dude, this is getting so frustrating. I'm playing with it like crazy with the apron off. In test the balls go through probably 49/50. Glass off apron off, I play like 5 games, getting lots of ball saves etc. and the ratio continues. Must be good now! Apron on, glass on, and it's failing 2/5 now. wtf?

Toads has the solution!

"Looking thru the coin door bend the bottom of the bracket towards you, only a little bit.
It will move the strike point a tiny bit."

Bingo. Thanks @toads!

#7143 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

toads has the solution!
"Looking thru the coin door bend the bottom of the bracket towards you, only a little bit.
It will move the strike point a tiny bit."
Bingo. Thanks toads!

Nice result!

rd

#7144 5 years ago

We will have some NIB games coming up in production soon - December. Email me at [email protected] if you would like a NIB game. Authorized Spooky distributor.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#7145 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We will have some NIB games coming up in production soon - December. Email me at [email protected] if you would like a NIB game. Authorized Spooky distributor.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

Joe is great to deal with.

#7146 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a shipping method that will at least deliver it into your garage? I might be out of town when mine gets delivered and my fiancee wouldn't be about to move it alone.
In other news, I got my invoice for final payment!

I've had all 5 of my pins delivered to my garage just by asking and giving an extra $20.

#7147 5 years ago

452 PD in full today! Cannot wait!!

#7148 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

452 PD in full today! Cannot wait!!

We can see that you can't wait. It's already listed in your "CURRENT COLLECTION" lol

#7149 5 years ago

I can’t wait for everyone to get their TNA. So that ACNC production can get cranked up.

#7150 5 years ago

TNA#409 shipped out should be here on the 28th!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/143?hl=oldschool84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.