Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 145.
#651 7 years ago

What is that I keep hearing in the background?

#652 7 years ago

I feel like I'm in the pinball doldrums. It feels like there hasn't been any news on TA or any of the prospective games for awhile. I'd love to hear some details about the production this game or SW or AC...

#653 7 years ago

Scott's working on the production prototype. I wouldn't expect to hear anything new for a year or more.

Meanwhile I'm sure he'll bring the current one to more shows.

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Meanwhile I'm sure he'll bring the current one to more shows.

Would love to see it make it to Pintastic.
-Mike

#655 7 years ago

Scott and Charlie would not have agreed to produce this if it couldn't be done. The speculation about the boards or software not being possible, the price point being blown out due to unknown BOM, "total speculation" could be the working title at this point.

Timing is pretty easy - Alice is far along, art is nearly complete, production after RZ are finished seems reasonable. I see TA runs during Alice production working very similar to Dominoes or Jetsons being done alongside RZ finishing up. Charlie keeps the line going with small batches of stuff, until a major run of 300-500 of a Spooky design. After Alice, the big run with Ben #4. Seems very simple logic - not sure where confusion of a more complicated schedule would come into play.

Off-topic - Stern won't likely due a branding/marketing game (PBR was a one-off).

Stern likely won't do any special project games-for-hire. If Alice went to them, it would be 2019 to even get a possible slot. You have to think Steve, John T, Borg are all well into their next, next game. We know Steve's is next. and two other designs would put them well into 2018 production, just on what's already in the lab for those 3. The pattern is Steve - major movie francise or favorite band, John Major TV or band, John T - throwback popular retro theme.

1 week later
#656 6 years ago

This pinball is now officially called

"Total Nuclear Annihilation"

Will remain on PROC. No price yet. Might be in production at the end of the year.
Another dead flip stream on May 12th.
They said they are not changing much at all. So might not be in a spooky cab?
Charlie said they aren't limiting sales. But making them in 'blocks'.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

says who?

#658 6 years ago

most likely the recently release Spooky Pinball Podcast with guest speaker Scott Danesi. I have not listened yet, but it would make logical sense.

#659 6 years ago

Scott Danesi.

#660 6 years ago

T n A...lol

#661 6 years ago

They totally meant that.

Good 1 hour interview on spooky podcast
accidentally listened to the end of it before the start due to fat fingers on mobile phone which is where he announces the new name. TnA

#663 6 years ago

Cool! I can't wait to see the artwork...

#664 6 years ago

I thought Total Annihilation fit the 80s theme pretty good. It sounded like an 80s hair band.

Ok. I approve.

#665 6 years ago

This might be a clue as to the art direction.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Smart move.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This might be a clue as to the art direction.

I hope it's like Laser War. Maybe get Charlie dressed up like a Ruskie or some other outlandish 80s villain.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Will remain on PROC. No price yet. Might be in production at the end of the year.
Another dead flip stream on May 12th.
They said they are not changing much at all. So might not be in a spooky cab?
Charlie said they aren't limiting sales. But making them in 'blocks'.

Spooky is making a new cabinet for this game they had a sample at mgc , Scott will work with that sample and see what changes will need to be made for his game .

20170408_171722 (resized).jpg20170408_171722 (resized).jpg

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Spooky is making a new cabinet for this game they had a sample at mgc , Scott will work with that sample and see what changes will need to be made for his game .

What's the difference? Is it not a steep as Spooky's current cab for a single level game?

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's the difference? Is it not a steep as Spooky's current cab for a single level game?

Yes ,not as steep . I am pretty sure it will have wide bally style side rails also .

#671 6 years ago

Got a link to that podcast?

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Cool! I can't wait to see the artwork...

Sales are going to quadruple once it's revealed.

#674 6 years ago

Leave it to Spooky to show Stern the market exists for an early 80's-like game with simpler rules and gameplay, but with modern touches.

...queue the classic Stern "vault-editions" once this baby becomes a roaring success.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Leave it to Spooky to show Stern the market exists for an early 80's-like game with simpler rules and gameplay, but with modern touches.
...queue the classic Stern "vault-editions" once this baby becomes a roaring success.

Catacomb Vault Edition

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, but the rules and game play are far from simple. It just appears that way.

#677 6 years ago

Damn, I was hoping for the Bally backbox too. I love that frame.

#678 6 years ago

More money out the door

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Boy I hope so.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Catacomb Vault Edition

Stars CrazyLevi edition

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Cabinet? That looks like a Love Boat to me.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yeah, but the rules and game play are far from simple. It just appears that way.

They didn't look any different from many games of that era.

Do this and that in a certain order and get rewarded. Now do it again.

Games like Centaur and Gorgar are similar to this I feel with many objectives to complete.

The toughness and longevity comes from the playfield layout.

#682 6 years ago

It would be aesthetically pleasing if the newly designed cabinet looked similar to the Bally/Williams cabinets of the early 80s, but I'm sure they will come up with something practical.

With that said, I plan on putting TNA between my Seawitch & Flash Gordon

As far as pins on the horizon, this one has all my attention in 2017

#683 6 years ago

Did they say why they changed the name? I prefer the original, but was it some Copyright / licence problems? Like from the original 90's PC game?

#684 6 years ago

Anyone know from what game the original cab was stolen for the proto?

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like from the original 90's PC game?

Correct. Atari, just renewed the Total Annihilation license for that game in Feb of this year, so to stay out of trouble, they have changed the name. Although it will always be TA to most of us.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know from what game the original cab was stolen for the proto?

Dolly Parton

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Although it will always be TA to most of us.

I am liking the TNA abbreviation, I think it'll catch on quickly.

#688 6 years ago

Good job Leascippi in getting this changed. You were right all along.

jwilson
epthegeek

IMG_7564 (resized).PNGIMG_7564 (resized).PNG

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Good job leascippi in getting this changed. You were right all along.
jwilson
epthegeek

lol to any one who has played PC games in last 20 years and hasnt played TA. It was an awesome game. The newer game by the same team is SUPREME COMMANDER. Also a fun game. Love me some RTS.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Good job leascippi in getting this changed. You were right all along.

They're doing it pre-emptively, just to avoid any possible issue. I bet there'd have been no issue.

New name is fine.

#691 6 years ago

The only way I could see Atari coming after Spooky would be out of pure spite, knowing how reviled most of their old pins are. I could have imagined Jack Tramiel pulling that card but not the current administration. No sense in tempting fate though.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

They're doing it pre-emptively, just to avoid any possible issue.

Which is pretty much exactly the suggestion that was made.

#693 6 years ago

Man that head looks HUGE on that cabinet. While I love the retro displays and whatnot, I gotta say, as someone with limited space it's a real friggin' bummer. With my current space, I can fit 5 games AS LONG as 3 of them are WPC or modern Sterns. To fit anything else with a big head I'd have to sell Crescendo (repainted and cleared playfield NOT going to happen) or Farfalla (Good luck pyring it out of my cold, dead hands.) to fit a big head game, or get rid of WPT (being used for Voltron) or Metallica (Honestly I'd like to be done with MET but it ain't my game. ). Hopefully one of my space/dollar-rich locals will be getting one of these. Didn't get to play nearly enough at TPF.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man that head looks HUGE

that's (resized).jpgthat's (resized).jpg

#695 6 years ago

This looks really cool! I love the 80's vibe and music. So retro with a modern touch. That ball lock is cool as hell.

#696 6 years ago

"Total Nuclear Annihilation" is too much, sounds odd. Just make it "Nuclear Annihilation" and be done with it.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

"Total Nuclear Annihilation" is too much, sounds odd. Just make it "Nuclear Annihilation" and be done with it.

Nuclear Annihilation does sound better

EDIT: but the TNA abbreviation is better. Can't we just call it TNA Annihilation - TNAA

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nuclear Obliteration? Because it's slightly easier to spell.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man that head looks HUGE on that cabinet. While I love the retro displays and whatnot, I gotta say, as someone with limited space it's a real friggin' bummer. With my current space, I can fit 5 games AS LONG as 3 of them are WPC or modern Sterns. To fit anything else with a big head I'd have to sell Crescendo (repainted and cleared playfield NOT going to happen) or Farfalla (Good luck pyring it out of my cold, dead hands.) to fit a big head game, or get rid of WPT (being used for Voltron) or Metallica (Honestly I'd like to be done with MET but it ain't my game. ). Hopefully one of my space/dollar-rich locals will be getting one of these. Didn't get to play nearly enough at TPF.

Then I guess you do what the rest of us classic collectors do.....rotate them in and out of storage.

#700 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Fallout N' Annihilation

TNF'nA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.