Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 145.
#6751 5 years ago

For anyone interested, a review of TNA. Great game, nice job Danesi and Spooky.

#6752 5 years ago

Number #253 gets delivered today!

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I've had mine for a week plus now, and it's fn amazing. 10 out of 10 good. Just nothing else like it. The sounds, the lights, the rules, it's got it all. Anyone that is on the fence about getting one, just do it.
Any more code coming Scott? I'd love to see a High Score table for the co-op mode. My kids and their friends usually don't even care about pinball, but they're loving TNA, especially co-op.

I'd love to see a High Score Table for Co-Op as well!

#6754 5 years ago

I'm literally getting a high speed this weekend and planned to have them side by side in the collection. Now the topper is a must!

#6755 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I've had mine for a week plus now, and it's fn amazing. 10 out of 10 good. Just nothing else like it. The sounds, the lights, the rules, it's got it all. Anyone that is on the fence about getting one, just do it.
Any more code coming Scott? I'd love to see a High Score table for the co-op mode. My kids and their friends usually don't even care about pinball, but they're loving TNA, especially co-op.

I’m on the fence, can’t decide.

5A42E3E6-E85E-424C-88A3-165F51117E8F (resized).jpeg5A42E3E6-E85E-424C-88A3-165F51117E8F (resized).jpeg

#6756 5 years ago

You shouldn't ask yourself if you want this, you should ask yourself, "When I order mine, will it be a butter cab or not?"

TNA is unlike any other modern game; it's not for everyone, but wow is it a joy to me.

#6757 5 years ago

Get off the damn fence!!! People are saying it might get old? All pins can get stale. Even something as deep as TSPP can get old. There is no other game like it really. It's like the best 80's game ever made.

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Get off the damn fence!!! People are saying it might get old? All pins can get stale. Even something as deep as TSPP can get old. There is no other game like it really. It's like the best 80's game ever made.

So called "deep" games are the ones that I get bored with the quickest. I don't quite know why.

#6759 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Yep - know the feeling. I was in at #139 and sold my spot to another Pinsider and bought a BM66 instead. Now I'm getting TNA fever again from enjoying one on route, but I have reservations that it may go stale quickly as I play single games 99% of the time.

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So called "deep" games are the ones that I get bored with the quickest. I don't quite know why.

I find the deep ones boring because it is like reading the first 12 chapters of a 20 chapter book, over and over and over again. Same quest and nothing changes unless you get to chapter 18, 19, and 20.

TNA allows lots of short game play and quickly. The face paced and continual small wins keep me coming back.

Make it to 5 reactors quite often, but how I do it and maxing reactor values or shooting for speed give me multiple levels to shoot for.

#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Quit being a pussy ; get off the fence, and give it a try. As long as you've been debating it, you're probably not going to convince yourself without owning one. Worst case, it gets stale, and you sell it.

#6762 5 years ago

#244 shipped today. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week but my tracking number doesn't seem to be working yet.

EDIT: ETA is this Friday

#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Haven’t you played it?

#6764 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Haven’t you played it?

10-12 games played at VUK.

Was a lot of fun but then I got DI and AFM LE and I wondered if I’ll get into a game with no modes and no ramps.

For example AFM is fairly simple playing along but then it’ll go into Martian attack mode and the game changes character, or the main multiball striving for the super jackpot.

#6765 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was a lot of fun but then I got DI and AFM LE and I wondered if I’ll get into a game with no modes and no ramps.
For example AFM is fairly simple playing along but then it’ll go into Martian attack mode and the game changes character, or it’ll have main multiball and leave me striving for the super jackpot shot.

For example, TNA is going along ball flying all over the place, music pounding, get balls locked and then multiball starts with more balls flying all over the place and then you go into reactor critical mode, lights are flashing, shaker is shaking the shit out of the house, everything goes red, your hitting jackpots going for the 4th ball you blow the reactor and shit goes nuts and I'm striving for the next reactor.. whew, I'm tired and hearts pounding just reliving it, well ok I just finished game on the machine, it kicked my ass as usual and I loved every second of it.

I love AFM (and that LE is sweet) and hope to maybe own one someday it's a blast, TNA is a blast, a different blast, it's not ramps that makes AFM fun, ramps are cool, but hardly mandatory for fun. just my opinion man.

#6766 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I find the deep ones boring because it is like reading the first 12 chapters of a 20 chapter book, over and over and over again. Same quest and nothing changes unless you get to chapter 18, 19, and 20

What about Transporter? Intro, chapters 1,2, and multiball somewhere mixed in lol

“It looks hungry!”

I’m #336

Sitting here bored, kidding kidding; I’m building TNA it’s own house

2337CEB0-294D-4489-8C40-95255F4CC767 (resized).jpeg2337CEB0-294D-4489-8C40-95255F4CC767 (resized).jpeg
#6767 5 years ago

I have one in order, it’s not permanent like a tattoo so no harm in getting one. It fits in my budget without selling anything else.

#6768 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I find the deep ones boring because it is like reading the first 12 chapters of a 20 chapter book, over and over and over again. Same quest and nothing changes unless you get to chapter 18, 19, and 20.

How did I miss this post of the day! Right on!

To add to that, if I wanted a video game, shouldn't I just go buy a video game?

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

My TNA now throws an error on startup and the drop target 1 wont come up when you start a game. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to fix this? Thanks in advance (inage of error attached)
[quoted image]

This ended up being a bad switch that had to be swapped

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What about Transporter? Intro, chapters 1,2, and multiball somewhere mixed in lol
“It looks hungry!”
I’m #336
Sitting here bored, kidding kidding; I’m building TNA it’s own house
[quoted image]

Why is the vinyl already warping?

#6771 5 years ago

B8685430-AE30-4339-8025-2C8DE02CA5D6 (resized).jpegB8685430-AE30-4339-8025-2C8DE02CA5D6 (resized).jpeg

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

that pretty accurately describes sys11 era stuff.

I like them still because they are more like a shorty story that I can sit down and get though on a good day, but not always reach the ending.

Also those are really fun to read with a friend!

#6773 5 years ago

Itsssss been a long week sitting here in Chicago working while my TnA sits in Denver waiting for me to come home for delivery. Gonna be a good weekend!

#6774 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Itsssss been a long week sitting here in Chicago working while my TnA sits in Denver waiting for me to come home for delivery. Gonna be a good weekend!

You need to throw a party after you get it all up and running

#6775 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For example AFM is fairly simple playing along but then it’ll go into Martian attack mode and the game changes character, or the main multiball striving for the super jackpot.

Honestly, your doubts say: don't buy. These will be floating around on the used market for years to come. Why pay for NIB when you can play locally (at VUK, my house, other area collectors)... and if you really decide it's something you want, just snag one when someone is ready to sell? At the minimum you'll have a better idea of whether or not you want it.

#6776 5 years ago

Since this logo is hidden in TNA’s design, I plan to sleep on mine as well

309C1C8B-DB64-43D7-A3CA-BDADE06B71CB (resized).jpeg309C1C8B-DB64-43D7-A3CA-BDADE06B71CB (resized).jpeg
#6777 5 years ago

It's cooled down quite a bit lately so I've got back into the playing mode again.

Put several games on TNA last night and realized again this is certainly a keeper. There is nothing else like it.

Like Whysnow, I'm not in the mood for some long drawn out video game type story when I play pinball. Nor do I care for games that constantly stop the action to show some video clip or tell me what to do. When I go to play pinball, that's all I want to do.

And TNA gives me not only that, but a serious rush each time I push the start button.

#6778 5 years ago
Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 2.28.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-30 at 2.28.37 PM (resized).png
#6779 5 years ago

If anybody still waiting has any doubts about the quality of what they will be getting, each time I look at and play this game, I see a machine that has been built by a team with a passion for pinball, and a desire for quality that goes way above what has become the industry standard today. In fact a quality that measures up to pinball standards of all time.

From a cabinet built like a brick shithouse, to a playfield made of the hardest, highest quality wood and a clearcoat to match, to wiring connectors that don't just randomly fall off in transit as is what is claimed when others do. I see this game as solid as a rock.

#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If anybody still waiting has any doubts about the quality of what they will be getting, each time I look at and play this game, I see a machine that has been built by a team with a passion for pinball, and a desire for quality that goes way above what has become the industry standard today. In fact a quality that measures up to pinball standards of all time.
From a cabinet built like a brick shithouse, to a playfield made of the hardest, highest quality wood and a clearcoat to match, to wiring connectors that don't just randomly fall off in transit as is what is claimed when others do. I see this game as solid as a rock.

+1 to that!

#6781 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

to wiring connectors that don't just randomly fall off in transit

Copious amounts of hot glue does wonders, indeed!

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Copious amounts of hot glue does wonders, indeed!

Bravo!!!

LOL!!

#6783 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And there's a tank on the back glass

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

And there's a tank on the back glass

I love tanks!

In school I drew tanks. After school I built tanks. On weekends I blew up those tanks!

I love tanks!

#6785 5 years ago

It's here! #250! What slope are people setting these at? IE What is normal....Not insane

#6786 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's here! #250! What slope are people setting these at? IE What is normal....Not insane

bolts all the way in is a good starting point, not sure what angle that makes though.

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What slope are people setting these at? IE What is normal....Not insane

I've got the front levelers all the way in with no nut, and the rear ones have a little less than half inch thread showing on top.

#6788 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

How good of a player are you and how angry do you want the game? I'm pretty ok at pinball. If my game is set too steep, I can consistently live catch a shot coming from the left orbit. It really let's me control the game. If I set it a little less steep, the live catch gets more difficult. Not sure of my angle, but I have it set so I really have to time it right to make that catch.

#6789 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I got mine set at 6.5. Seems good on that

#6790 5 years ago

I went with 6.5, wow this game is a blast! Can’t stop playing. Bring on the long weekend!

68484978-45B0-4415-9DFC-B5F5FE54BD74 (resized).jpeg68484978-45B0-4415-9DFC-B5F5FE54BD74 (resized).jpeg
#6791 5 years ago

Charlie on the spooky Pinball podcast there going to stop taking TNA orders at #550 for now. But he also said that does not mean they wont make more but it well be awhile.

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Charlie on the spooky Pinball podcast there going to stop taking TNA orders at #550 for now. But he also said that does not mean they wont make more but it well be awhile.

Anybody know where Spooky stands on number of TNAs ordered to date?

#6793 5 years ago

Having an issue with my displays, I'll contact Spooky as well.

Occasionally the 3rd player display would go out during/after a game and would be brought back after a machine reboot, then all the displays started doing that but sometimes would come back at the end of the game without a reboot, and then the display started doing this.

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Having an issue with my displays, I'll contact Spooky as well.
Occasionally the 3rd player display would go out during/after a game and would be brought back after a machine reboot, then all the displays started doing that but sometimes would come back at the end of the game without a reboot, and then the display started doing this.

I am not spooky tech support, but you probably have a failing Maxim chip on the back of one of the display modules. You can get these here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4956

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am not spooky tech support, but you probably have a failing Maxim chip on the back of one of the display modules.

Out of curiosity, are those chips socketed on the display modules?

#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Out of curiosity, are those chips socketed on the display modules?

Yes!

#6797 5 years ago

Leave it up to a game called TNA to have “Maxim” chips

The legend of this game just continues to grow!

#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Anybody know where Spooky stands on number of TNAs ordered to date?

When they announced they were going to pause production at 550 (,for at least a year), they said they were already very close to 500 ordered.

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:When they announced they were going to pause production at 550 (,for at least a year), they said they were already very close to 500 ordered.

Thank you

#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am not spooky tech support, but you probably have a failing Maxim chip on the back of one of the display modules. You can get these here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4956

Interesting. On my game one of the displays will drop out during a game about 1/4 of the time on multiplayer games. After you added the display reset at end of game I assumed it was “normal”. But is it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/136?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.